or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Yahoo announces 1TB Flickr accounts, new UI with high-resolution photos

Yahoo announces 1TB Flickr accounts, new UI with high-resolution photos - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shojin Monkey View Post

Doesn't iPhoto have share to Flickr?

iPhoto does and it's also built in Mountain Lion. Only iOS doesn't have it.

I just tried uploading a gallery from iPhoto to Flickr using the full-size option and it's been uploading for the last half hour. It didn't ask me to upgrade my account or anything so I take it the full-size option now just works. All I got was a webpage request to authorize the iPhoto/Flickr communication.

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

People don't sit down at their desktops and connect their SLR's with USB cables anymore so they can "upload pictures to the Internet thingie." They want to send a picture from the camera to their account. Automatically if possible.

I have a flickr account but it's a total pain to use since it doesn't integrate with iOS at all. I also can't "share" any pictures from OS X to Flickr either.

Without device integration how pretty the website is doesn't matter at all.

I do. Even though the iPhone photos are much more convenient, I still prefer the quality of the SLR. And I have to get the photos onto iPhoto on my computer anyway.

And website work well because the iPad/iPhone runs of of storage space after a while.

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

People don't sit down at their desktops and connect their SLR's with USB cables anymore so they can "upload pictures to the Internet thingie." They want to send a picture from the camera to their account. Automatically if possible.

I have a flickr account but it's a total pain to use since it doesn't integrate with iOS at all. I also can't "share" any pictures from OS X to Flickr either.

Without device integration how pretty the website is doesn't matter at all.
I do. Even though the iPhone photos are much more convenient, I still prefer the quality of the SLR. And I have to get the photos onto iPhoto on my computer anyway.

And website work well because the iPad/iPhone runs of of storage space after a while.

1. Don't understand Gazoobee's view here either.

2. Is Apple's Photo Stream too limited for you? You know photo's don't count against your 5GB free iCloud Storage and new Photo Streams are easy to create.

Some of iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ bullet points: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486 & http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4858

On your Mac or PC, your photos are downloaded and stored in full resolution.
A shared photo stream can hold a maximum of 1,000 photos
The photos you share with Shared Photo Streams (and comments or likes associated with those photos) remain in iCloud until you delete them manually, or until you delete the shared photo stream completely.
Uploads to My Photo Stream per hour: 1,000 photos
Uploads to My Photo Stream per day: 10,000 photos
Uploads to My Photo Stream per month: 25,000 photos
Maximum shared streams an owner can share: 100
Maximum shared streams a user can subscribe to: 100
Maximum subscribers per shared stream: 100 (the number of subscribers on each shared stream)
Maximum number of photos per shared stream: 1,000
Maximum number of comments per shared stream photo: 200 (a comment can be either a like or a text entry)
Maximum characters per comment: 200
Maximum number of invites a shared stream owner may send per day: 200
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Yahoo announces 1TB Flickr accounts, new UI with high-resolution photos