or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Possible wireless cards for next-gen Macs show 802.11ac connectivity

Possible wireless cards for next-gen Macs show 802.11ac connectivity

post #1 of 39
Ahead of an expected refresh of Apple's Mac lineup, images of what appear to be the wireless cards that could go into those computers have appeared online with potential support for high-speed 802.11ac connectivity.

cards

The images showed up on Monday on TonyMacX86. The card shown in the images is a Broadcom BCM94360CD PCI-E mini custom combo WLAN+Bluetooth card.

That card, it appears, supports IEEE 802.11ac ? a wireless standard also known as "5G" or Gigabit Wi-Fi. 802.11ac allows for speeds up to twice as fast as 802.11n, the preceding standard.

The fifth-generation of wireless protocol, 802.11ac sends data over two channels, with each carrying single link speeds of 500 megabits per second. In theory, the standard should produce speeds of up to 1.3Gbps.

wifi
via Tom's Hardware

Code previously discovered in the OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion beta build tipped off observers to the possibility that Apple would soon be bringing the 802.11ac wireless protocol to its Mac lineup, and the pictured card, if valid, would seem to verify that.

Apple was also rumored earlier in the year to have struck a deal with Broadcom, the maker of the pictured card, to put 802.11ac chips into its 2013 Mac lineup. In January, job listings on the company's site revealed that it was looking to hire experts in the new wireless standard.

Apple is widely expected to show off refreshed versions of its Mac lineup at this year's Worldwide Developer Conference. These new Macs may feature the next generation of Intel processors, dubbed Haswell.

The company is also expected to show off previews of the latest version of OS X and its iOS mobile platform, but Macs are especially anticipated, given reports of shortages in certain lines ahead of the developer conference.
post #2 of 39
Cool. I hope that the Airport Extreme is updated at the same time!
post #3 of 39
Fully agree RichL! It'll make for a more snappier experience. Will need to upgrade my iPhone 5, iPad 3 and Airports as well. I wonder if they'll make a card for current Mac Pro models, though I presume it'll need more / different antennas for that.
post #4 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

The bottleneck for most users is not their current Wifi but their internet connection. With the exception of people in Chattanooga few of us have internet connections close to even saturating G let alone N protocols. Although this will help when streaming content from your computer to your TV for example I don't see any reason to trade in my current Airport extreme. Until 1 Gigabit-per-second Internet speed via FTTH is available to more towns I just don't see AC as anything to get excited about.

I fully agree with you.  Most users will not notice a difference.  However, given the caliber of folks here (which do not represent the majority), there will be a noticeable difference on the LAN.  Transferring large files between systems (like TimeCapsule) will benefit from this.

The ones that will receive a rude surprise are those that think it will make their Internet run faster... *chuckle*

post #5 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

I would imagine if not the same day, the routers would come before the Macs getting 802.11ac. If before — which I think is the least likely of the two possible scenarios — not by much. I don't think it makes any sense to update Macs with 802.11ac but not have the routers available. Since there is no sign that Apple has included the HW sans the drivers (like it's done once before), I'd say the reason for the hold up is for the routers to be available.

I hope the routers are more robust this time. Apple's offerings aren't faring too well with the number of WiFI devices we have connected to them. I think the CPU is a bottleneck but it's hard to be sure. Since Apple removed access to SNMP I've had to use alternate and less effective methods to test my home network.

There are several reasons I'd like to see an iOS-based AirPorts, but most notably I'd like to see an Apple Home Server with HW RAID that can move the network "hub" from iTunes on your PC/Mac to a networked server for all the users in your household and secure remote WAN access that will eventually include home automation.

Am I asking for too much? "Give him an inch, he'll take a foot, and before you know it you won't have a leg to stand on."

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #6 of 39
Quote:

The bottleneck for most users is not their current Wifi but their internet connection.

This.  Unless the range of the Time Capsule/Airports get expanded noticeably or an additional feature is added- I'll just hang onto the current generations.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #7 of 39
Quote:

The bottleneck for most users is not their current Wifi but their internet connection. With the exception of people in Chattanooga few of us have internet connections close to even saturating G let alone N protocols. Although this will help when streaming content from your computer to your TV for example I don't see any reason to trade in my current Airport extreme. Until 1 Gigabit-per-second Internet speed via FTTH is available to more towns I just don't see AC as anything to get excited about.

Gigabit WIFI makes NAS (or TimeCapsule) based TimeMachine backups much more reasonable. Streaming to Apple TV as you mentioned, as well Airplay and transfering files between computers will be significantly faster with AC.

Also, you never get the thoughput the spec allows unless you practically next to the WiFi router. N has a theoretical limit of 400Mb, but I've depending on were in the house I am, I get far, far less than that, often less than 20Mb. My internet connection is 30Mb/s, and internet connection are getting faster, so AC make sense going forward.

post #8 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Quote:

The bottleneck for most users is not their current Wifi but their internet connection.

This.  Unless the range of the Time Capsule/Airports get expanded noticeably or an additional feature is added- I'll just hang onto the current generations.

I'll upgrade for the faster WiFi on my LAN. Currently it's too slow for me to copy over an 8GB movie from my Mac Pro to mi mini which sits under my TV, so I resorted to copying it over with a SD Card. The difference in speed of USB2 vs the build-in card reader in the mini is very[/] noticeable.

Wish I had empty PVC pipes to every conceivable location in my house when I had it renovated, but running a wire to the mini just isn't feasible, really.

PS: why don't you change your sig to: "one of each"?
post #9 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I fully agree with you.  Most users will not notice a difference.  However, given the caliber of folks here (which do not represent the majority), there will be a noticeable difference on the LAN.  Transferring large files between systems (like TimeCapsule) will benefit from this.

The ones that will receive a rude surprise are those that think it will make their Internet run faster... *chuckle*

You two are talking about LAN v WAN speeds, but you need to consider all parts between two end-points. Routing adds overhead, and WiFi is in itself a bottleneck with modern networks. There design is to increase network performance over layer 2 options, but this involves overhead in many ways. Consumer routers have not kept up with the number devices that are being attached via WiFi. And since WiFi can only send -or- receive from one device at a time per band this can create a bottleneck. Just consider two wirelessly connected devices trading files with each other on the same LAN. You aren't getting 450Mb/s in and out on each device at the same time. Now consider a dozen devices all actively connected in a home with just 3 or 4 people. Now consider how common video streaming is. You have a router that is likely working much harder than it was intended when it was designed more than half-decade ago. And all that's before you consider interference.

How many devices are on your network? AppleTV, 5 Macs, 2 Win PCs, 3 iPhones, 2 Android phone, 2 iPads, and 1 Kindle for me, and that's with a household of 2 people plus my neighbors. Things like the Kindle aren't active too much both others, especially the Macs, are very active.
Edited by SolipsismX - 5/21/13 at 10:40am

post #10 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuping View Post

Gigabit WIFI makes NAS (or TimeCapsule) based TimeMachine backups much more reasonable. Streaming to Apple TV as you mentioned, as well Airplay and transfering files between computers will be significantly faster with AC.

Hear hear!
Quote:
Also, you never get the thoughput the spec allows unless you practically next to the WiFi router. N has a theoretical limit of 400Mb, but I've depending on were in the house I am, I get far, far less than that, often less than 20Mb. My internet connection is 30Mb/s, and internet connection are getting faster, so AC make sense going forward.

600. And yes, the world is moving to fiber optic, making 54Mb obsolete, albeit slowly.

In my area they've started to implement fiber, and I will upgrade the moment I can. Plans are currently 50Mb/s, 100 and 500 (€ 58, € 68 & € 88/m). And that's for upload as well, which is even more important to me.
post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You two are talking about LAN v WAN speeds, but you need to consider all parts between two end-points. Routing adds overhead, and WiFi is in itself a bottleneck with modern networks. There design is to increase network performance over layer 2 options, but this involves overhead in many ways. Consumer routers have not kept up with the number devices that are being attached via WiFi. And since WiFi can only send -or- receive from one device at a time per band this can create a bottleneck. Just consider two wirelessly connected devices trading files with each other on the same LAN. You aren't getting 450Mb/s in and out on each device at the same time. Now consider a dozen devices all actively connected in a home with just 3 or 4 people. Now consider how common video streaming is. You have a router that is likely working much harder than it was intended when it was designed more than half-decade ago.

All true. And for that reason I setup a 5GHz WiFi network for some devices and 2.4GHz for some other ones.
Quote:
Things like the Kindle aren't active too much but others, especially the Macs, are very active.

Active? I'll say, looking at your post count and knowing you closed your previous account at 25k posts!
post #12 of 39
An advice please: I want to setup a LAN of some 10 to 15 iMacs sharing 10 Gb files (CAD) located in an Mac mini server. Can't find a way to connect them via fiber optics (it seems Apple doesn't have this available).
- How do you setup a fast LAN of macs, ideally with fiber optics?
- Would a 802.11ac wireless LAN be fast enough for this?
post #13 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuping View Post

Also, you never get the thoughput the spec allows unless you practically next to the WiFi router. N has a theoretical limit of 400Mb[sic]...

It's currently at 600Mb/s. That 450Mb/s already 40MHz frequency and 400ns Guard Intervals but with only 3 spatial streams (aka antennas). There are and have been options for several years that offer 4 spatial streams thus providing 600Mb/s.

802.11ac still uses the same maximum Gaurd Interval of 400ns but increases the frequency range to 160MHz, starting with 20MHz and doubling, making this 4x higher than 802.11n's maximum of 40MHz. 802.11ac also increases the modulation to 256-QAM over 802.11n's 64-QAM for their respective maximums. I would expect Apple's first 802.11ac router not to use 160MHz or 256-QAM right away. I'm not even sure we can expect 4 spatial streams.

post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mieswall View Post

An advice please: I want to setup a LAN of some 10 to 15 iMacs sharing 10 Gb files (CAD) located in an Mac mini server. Can't find a way to connect them via fiber optics (it seems Apple doesn't have this available).
- How do you setup a fast LAN of macs, ideally with fiber optics?
- Would a 802.11ac wireless LAN be fast enough for this?

1) The only Mac with a Fiber Channel is the Mac Pro with expensive PCIe options. Even if you bought that you'd still not be able to connect it to other non-Mac Pros. It's likely use is to connect into a router or switch where others access via Ethernet or WiFi.

2) You're already fine with a cabled LAN so why skip Ethernet when it's faster than WiFi?

post #15 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Wish I had empty PVC pipes to every conceivable location in my house when I had it renovated, but running a wire to the mini just isn't feasible, really.

PS: why don't you change your sig to: "one of each"?

The PVC wouldve been a great idea.  Oh hindsight... where were you a while ago?

I guess I could change it to "Time Capsule and Airport Extreme- one of each".  lol

post #16 of 39

One of my personal check list items (as I'll be keeping my next laptop for several years as the rest of the data ecosystem catches up). 

Haswell (better battery life, performance and graphics on MBA's) + 811ac + ??? = Sweet!

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

post #17 of 39
Is this really a surprise? At least this time the industry was mature enough to let the standard stabilize and hopefully the drive and software issues have been ironed out before release.
post #18 of 39
Quote:

Fully agree RichL! It'll make for a more snappier experience. Will need to upgrade my iPhone 5, iPad 3 and Airports as well. I wonder if they'll make a card for current Mac Pro models, though I presume it'll need more / different antennas for that.

You aren't the only one waiting! I expect that an Airport would be my first purchase when Apple release all the new hardware at WWDC. After all got to build up that home infrastructure.

You mentioned antennas, that cold be a big issue for realizing full speeds in the handheld devices. I'm not even sure the hardware can manage the full capability of the current hardware.
post #19 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Yeah it would be a rude surprise if people expect their Internet connection to be instantly faster. It may help some people but for the most part not many.

However that really doesn't mean the hardware isn't valuable for many home users. This is really the first version of WiFi that really makes wired connections questionable.
post #20 of 39
Would it technically be pointless to have this right now because no commercial ISP provides even close to the speeds that 802.11AC is willing to provide?
post #21 of 39
Originally Posted by techreader24 View Post
Would it technically be pointless to have this right now because no commercial ISP provides even close to the speeds that 802.11AC is willing to provide?

Of course not. File transfers, my good man. This is basically wireless Gigabit Ethernet.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #22 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by techreader24 View Post

If you only have one device connected wirelessly though your router to your ISP then sure, 802.11ac would likely not benefit you over 802.11n or possibly even 802.11a/g, but most people have WiFi because they have multiple devices all over their home that are all vying for access to the same access point.

post #23 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Of course not. File transfers, my good man. This is basically wireless Gigabit Ethernet.
Obviously with good current wifi 100th it! I have seen offers of 300mbps to 50gbps.
post #24 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

That and the Time Capsule.  802.11ac has been waiting for final approval for a while now.

post #25 of 39

Been waiting on this announcement for a year now. Ever since I bought my Synology NAS last year, I've been sending more data over my wifi network than I ever thought possible. Would love to upgrade from my 2011 MBAir to a 2013 MBPro with the better GPU and 802.11ac wifi. If Apple is announcing 802.11ac support for Macbook's at WWDC 2013.. then not hard to figure out that an 802.11ac Apple Extreme router isnt far behind. Hell I would bet that they bringing 802.11ac support to all their 2013+ products.

post #26 of 39
I've looked at the title for this article gain and honestly it is a bit misleading. All this is is a card that could possibly be used in Apple hardware. There is nothing to say it is being used. It isn't that I'm not expecting 802.11ac, just that nothing about this card actually says it is going into an Apple product.

In any event we are down to just a couple of weeks maybe apple will have some early releases to reduce the WWDC congestion. They have done so before. This year does have the feel of Christmas innJune to it. 1smoking.gif
post #27 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

The PVC wouldve been a great idea.  Oh hindsight... where were you a while ago?

Yep, to bad can't do it now, with wooden floor and all.

Didn't know I was gone? Though I visit daily, I sure do not post daily. So many things to do, so little time. But a rumor a day keep my knowledge on Apple in play. (< whatever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

You mentioned antennas, that cold be a big issue for realizing full speeds in the handheld devices. I'm not even sure the hardware can manage the full capability of the current hardware.

Although I know we can simply install a WiFi card in a MP ourselves, I don't think we can upgrade it to .11ac.

Here are really good pics from an old MP:
http://www.otwayross.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

Obviously with good current wifi 100th it! I have seen offers of 300mbps to 50gbps.

Wow, really, 50Gbps? Over here they max it out @ 500Mbps, down and up.
http://www.kpn.com/glasvezel/glasvezel-pakketten.htm
You have a link to the fastest (fiber) ISP?
Quote:

I've looked at the title for this article gain and honestly it is a bit misleading. All this is is a card that could possibly be used in Apple hardware. There is nothing to say it is being used. It isn't that I'm not expecting 802.11ac, just that nothing about this card actually says it is going into an Apple product.

But it is a WiFi card for the Mac Pro, no doubt; look at the pics in above link ^
Quote:
This year does have the feel of Christmas innJune to it. 1smoking.gif

Indeed, especially with the shitty weather over here, freaking looks like October I&%$%^
post #28 of 39
Quote:

Yep, to bad can't do it now, with wooden floor and all.
A good electrician will have access to all sorts of tools to wire up old work. Of course what is possible depends on the specifics of your house.
Quote:
Didn't know I was gone? Though I visit daily, I sure do not post daily. So many things to do, so little time. But a rumor a day keep my knowledge on Apple in play. (< whatever)
Although I know we can simply install a WiFi card in a MP ourselves, I don't think we can upgrade it to .11ac.
It depends upon the skills of the upgrader and access to the required hardware. This assuming Aapple updates Mac OS with the right drivers.
Quote:
Here are really good pics from an old MP:
http://www.otwayross.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20
Wow, really, 50Gbps? Over here they max it out @ 500Mbps, down and up.
http://www.kpn.com/glasvezel/glasvezel-pakketten.htm
There are advantageous to high population density but I will take free space over bandwidth any day.
Quote:
You have a link to the fastest (fiber) ISP?
But it is a WiFi card for the Mac Pro, no doubt; look at the pics in above link ^
That is my point there is reasonable doubt. All we see in the pics is a generic WiFi card probably a Qualcom. Until Apple puts a Mac Pro on the market with this card we known nothing for certain.
Quote:
Indeed, especially with the shitty weather over here, freaking looks like October I&%$%^
Everything indicates that we are moving into a cool spell for a few years, you might want to get use to it. I wonder if the enviro nuts will demand that we pump CO2 into the air to stabilize the climate if it gets to cold?
post #29 of 39
'ac' is only twice as fast as 'n' - thought it would be more than that. It would of also been nice if they could incorporate the much faster still - shorter distance 'ad' standard too, even if it isn't fully ratified yet. I read on Ars a while back I think, that Broadcom was developing chipsets that would integrate both.
post #30 of 39
Originally Posted by 1983 View Post
It would of also been nice if they could incorporate the much faster still - shorter distance 'ad' standard too, even if it isn't fully ratified yet. I read on Ars a while back I think, that Broadcom was developing chipsets that would integrate both.

That sounds like something Apple would do, but Apple has changed as of late.

post #31 of 39
Quote:

A good electrician will have access to all sorts of tools to wire up old work. Of course what is possible depends on the specifics of your house.

Yup.  Just find the drainpipe and away you go.

I'm fully GigE wired (NAS for music, movies, photo libraries, projects, etc) but I'm definitely looking forward to having nearly the same speed wireless.  When you get used to gigabit speeds, it's hard to settle for wireless.

post #32 of 39
Quote:

[...] I hope the routers are more robust this time. Apple's offerings aren't faring too well with the number of WiFI devices we have connected to them. I think the CPU is a bottleneck but it's hard to be sure

We've only got five devices on our LAN, three Macs and two iPhones, but now you've got me wondering if the Time Capsule being the primary router might account for a recurring problem round here.

Often one of the computers will lose internet access for a minute or two. All the lights on all the devices indicate normal operation, and the other computers will continue to operate normally, but the affected one will simply not be able to open a web page. An hour or two later another computer will have the problem while the one that was affected earlier works fine. I haven't been able identify any kind of pattern, other than that we aren't doing file transfers, backups or anything "deliberate" so I have no idea what the problem is. The ISP says our modem reports 100% uptime with good signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

There are several reasons I'd like to see an iOS-based AirPorts, but most notably I'd like to see an Apple Home Server with HW RAID that can move the network "hub" from iTunes on your PC/Mac to a networked server for all the users in your household and secure remote WAN access that will eventually include home automation.

Let's dumb that down and maybe it'll happen: Just give us an Apple TV to which we can directly connect a drive full of content without requiring a computer in between. I'd love to be able to watch stuff without having to boot a computer and start iTunes.

post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

We've only got five devices on our LAN, three Macs and two iPhones, but now you've got me wondering if the Time Capsule being the primary router might account for a recurring problem round here.

Often one of the computers will lose internet access for a minute or two. All the lights on all the devices indicate normal operation, and the other computers will continue to operate normally, but the affected one will simply not be able to open a web page. An hour or two later another computer will have the problem while the one that was affected earlier works fine. I haven't been able identify any kind of pattern, other than that we aren't doing file transfers, backups or anything "deliberate" so I have no idea what the problem is. The ISP says our modem reports 100% uptime with good signal.

Unfortunately Apple removed the hidden ability to use SNMP in AirPort Configuration Utility 6.0. You may be able to get it back with some trickery with version 5.6. This might help but I am not certain this will even work with the latest upgrades to their router firmware.

Quote:
Let's dumb that down and maybe it'll happen: Just give us an Apple TV to which we can directly connect a drive full of content without requiring a computer in between. I'd love to be able to watch stuff without having to boot a computer and start iTunes.

I'll take it!

post #34 of 39
Quote:

That is my point there is reasonable doubt. All we see in the pics is a generic WiFi card probably a Qualcom. Until Apple puts a Mac Pro on the market with this card we known nothing for certain.

That's true, nothing is certain until released.
Quote:
Everything indicates that we are moving into a cool spell for a few years, you might want to get use to it. I wonder if the enviro nuts will demand that we pump CO2 into the air to stabilize the climate if it gets to cold?[/quote]

👍
post #35 of 39
Quote:

Unfortunately Apple removed the hidden ability to use SNMP in AirPort Configuration Utility 6.0. You may be able to get it back with some trickery with version 5.6. This might help but I am not certain this will even work with the latest upgrades to their router firmware.

5.6 still works at my end; AE with n.
post #36 of 39
Quote:

Thank you for the helpful information. Hopefully it will assist others more motivated and skilled than I. After years of tinkering, I have reached an age at which I am no longer willing to expend the time, energy and frustration required to "futz." Also, my being pretty stupid means the exercise is more difficult and time consuming for me than it would be for someone of typical intelligence.

About five years ago I adopted a device replacement approach to problem solving and it has actually served me pretty well. I just narrow down a problem to which device is causing it and replace it with something else. That almost always works, and doesn't require any heavy mental lifting.

In this case it's starting to look like the Capsule's time is up. The only reason I'm using an Apple router at all is the convenience of Airport Utility, which is nice, but not at the expense of consistent and reliable performance.

post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxio View Post

Yup.  Just find the drainpipe and away you go.
I wasn't thinking drain pipe but the point is reinforced, there are a surprising number of solutions for wiring up old work. It may cost a bit more than you desire but it is possible. Often good results can be achieved DIY too. It is an issue of having the desire - where there is a will there is a way!
Quote:

I'm fully GigE wired (NAS for music, movies, photo libraries, projects, etc) but I'm definitely looking forward to having nearly the same speed wireless.  When you get used to gigabit speeds, it's hard to settle for wireless.

I've never really understood the fascination with WiFi, it certainly has its place in the home but as you have indicated it is a far far cry from wired speeds. The hope I have for 'ac" though is that it greatly reduces the need for that wired connection for laptop use.
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

Thank you for the helpful information. Hopefully it will assist others more motivated and skilled than I. After years of tinkering, I have reached an age at which I am no longer willing to expend the time, energy and frustration required to "futz." Also, my being pretty stupid means the exercise is more difficult and time consuming for me than it would be for someone of typical intelligence.
I wouldn't rush to blame the Time Capsule though. What you describe can happen on any number of LAN systems. Even my iPad can have intermittent problems with some LANs.
Quote:
About five years ago I adopted a device replacement approach to problem solving and it has actually served me pretty well. I just narrow down a problem to which device is causing it and replace it with something else. That almost always works, and doesn't require any heavy mental lifting.
You are not the only one that takes that approach! However I'm not going to support you on this one. This issue may very well be Mac OS related. Apples Wifi equipment has a fairly good reputation so before swapping out hardware i'd search around a bit for similar faults.
Quote:
In this case it's starting to look like the Capsule's time is up. The only reason I'm using an Apple router at all is the convenience of Airport Utility, which is nice, but not at the expense of consistent and reliable performance.

The problem is how sure are you that it is a Time Capsule problem? I only ask because I've seen similar behavior from my Mac on other hardware.

In any event I''d wait for the new Apple hardware to come. If they switch over to Apples SOC you could end up seeing some really impressive performance and hopefully new features.
post #39 of 39
Quote:

Have you considered writing a bug report in regards to the missing SNMP protocols? That is one way to make Apple aware of user needs.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Possible wireless cards for next-gen Macs show 802.11ac connectivity