or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple announces WWDC 2013 keynote for Monday, June 10

Apple announces WWDC 2013 keynote for Monday, June 10

post #1 of 40
Apple has officially confirmed that its annual Worldwide Developers Conference will kick off with a keynote presentation on Monday, June 10, where it is expected to showcase iOS 7 and OS X 10.9.

WWDC

WWDC has traditionally started with a keynote to introduce new products, and so Thursday's announcement is no surprise. It is, however, the first official confirmation from Apple that the event will take place.

The presentation will be held at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif., Apple confirmed to AllThingsD on Thursday. As is par for the course, Apple did not say what topics would be discussed during the presentation, or even who would be presenting.

But in a rare move, the company has already revealed that it will show off the next major releases of both iOS and OS X at WWDC 2013. Upgraded MacBooks featuring Intel's new Haswell processors are also expected to be introduced at the event.

This year's WWDC will take place June 10 through 14 in San Francisco. The conference's technical sessions will be given by more than 1,000 Apple engineers to the developers who attend.

Tickets to WWDC 2013 sold out in a matter of seconds when they went on sale in April, making it the fastest sellout in the conference's history. For developers who can't attend, Apple's technical sessions will also be made available to stream online.
post #2 of 40
Excited!
post #3 of 40
Please can we now have all the Mac Pro leaks, rumors and guesses? I am so sick of politics, taxes and yes even maps. 1biggrin.gif
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
post #4 of 40

Squeeel!!!

post #5 of 40
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post
Please can we now have all the Mac Pro leaks, rumors and guesses? I am so sick of politics, taxes and yes even maps.

I'm extremely proud of Tim Cook and co. to have come through on their promise when everyone thought it was a joke. We've suffered these last few months, but it's a suffering that bodes well for Apple. Shows that they can still accomplish something flawlessly when they've set their minds to it.

post #6 of 40
Great! 👍👌
post #7 of 40
Looking forward to getting 10.9.2. Any word on the name of this cat?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #8 of 40
I'm looking forward to seeing this. For kicks, who do you guys think will fill Forstall's shoes during the presentation of iOS 7? Can't see Ive doing it, maybe Federighi? I'm thinking so
post #9 of 40
I can't waiting coming soon out for apple iOS 7 the WWDC everything is product more things on June soon yay I'm so excited yes. I support Apple are Rocks the future!
post #10 of 40
Wasn't there another conference on last week? It seems like so long ago - I can't even remember any significant announcements.

WWDC will again result in the usual yearly spike in Internet traffic as the haters come out in droves to try and knock anything Apple announces. Google could only dream of getting that kind of interest around I/O.
post #11 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Kitty. ;-)
post #12 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Google could only dream of getting that kind of interest around I/O.

What's I/O?

post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

For kicks, who do you guys think will fill Forstall's shoes during the presentation of iOS 7?

Phil Schiller. He also did stood in for Forstall at the 2012 introduction of the iPad Mini.

post #14 of 40

IOS7 = very exciting

post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoffdino View Post

Phil Schiller. He also did stood in for Forstall at the 2012 introduction of the iPad Mini.

True. Schiller is a horrible presenter, fwiw. So is Federighi though. My opinions 1biggrin.gif
post #16 of 40
Quote:

Quote:

True. Schiller is a horrible presenter, fwiw. So is Federighi though. My opinions 1biggrin.gif

Schiller has gotten better though.

post #17 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Schiller has gotten better though.
Practice makes perfect.

Speaking of which, Jobs was natural born in this respect. He could get up on stage and sell PPC like there was nothing better in the world even knowing it was a dead end technology.
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookieman2013 View Post

IOS7 = very exciting

Don't get to excited this is likely to be more about a host of little things not just iOS. Not that iOS will be ignored just that they have a lot to debut and only a fixed amount of time to get it presented. As such expect the new Mac Pro and Mac OS to take up some of that time along with new iPhone hardware technology.
post #19 of 40
Looking forward to my shiney new 5s & 5th generation super fast iPad running on iOS 7
post #20 of 40

For the love of god, please give us a sneak peak of Logic Pro X!!!!

post #21 of 40
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post
Don't get to excited this is likely to be more about a host of little things not just iOS. 

When they've just ignored everything but iOS for the last few years, why would you think that?

post #22 of 40
So excited for both iOS7 and 10.9. I think both OSes are currently fantastic, so any improvement would be icing on the cake.

The initial development of maps must have sucked a massive amt of resources and time, so glad that's out of the way. Also, I have absolutely no clue what they might do to OSX, which makes it even more exciting. Hope to God there's a livestream. I'm also tempted to watch the keynote live, then visit apple.com, then not even bothering to read anything else about the event, and ignore all comments, to spare my self the usual horse-shit commentary.
post #23 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaf-love-apple View Post

I can't waiting coming soon out for apple iOS 7 the WWDC everything is product more things on June soon yay I'm so excited yes. I support Apple are Rocks the future!

Am I supposed to be laughing this hard?

post #24 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

Am I supposed to be laughing this hard?

Only if you assume that English is everyone's first language.

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
post #25 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I'll probably install 10.9.1 when it's released.

post #26 of 40
Mac Pro pleaaaaase
post #27 of 40
Is there any news if there will be a live stream of the Keynote? They started doing it again here recently, so I would hope that they would do it again.

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

post #28 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursadorable View Post

What's I/O?
In this case, googles version of a keynote presentation.
post #29 of 40
Quote:

In fairness, it's not so much that he's terrible (I've seen MANY who are much, much worse), as much as Steve was so good at it (through much practice and experience of his own, heaped atop some natural talent for it.)

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #30 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

In fairness, it's not so much that he's terrible (I've seen MANY who are much, much worse), as much as Steve was so good at it (through much practice and experience of his own, heaped atop some natural talent for it.)

I always thought Forstall was the best presenter after Jobs, then everyone distantly behind that. He exuded the same kind of obvious passion and gravitas that Jobs did. I actually like Schiller the least. He tends to speak way, way too fast and needs to learn to slow down, articulate, and create some more gravitas. He rushes too much.

I still watch the original iPhone keynote from time to time because of its sheer epicness. Nothing else has even come close, and nothing will.
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I always thought Forstall was the best presenter after Jobs, then everyone distantly behind that.

Forstall was pretty good, if a bit smarmy and slimy looking. JMESHO.

post #32 of 40
Quote:

There was no software introduced with the mini so Forstall wouldn't have been presenting anyway.
post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett Ruess View Post

Looking forward to my shiney new 5s & 5th generation super fast iPad running on iOS 7
You'll be waiting quite awhile as I suspect neither of those products will debut at WWDC.
post #34 of 40
Quote:

Can't see Ive doing it, maybe Federighi? I'm thinking so

I like Federighi. He can be so funny. People should watch his keynotes, you can download them by registering (not paying) as a developer, through iTunes.
Quote:

I still watch the original iPhone keynote from time to time because of its sheer epicness. Nothing else has even come close, and nothing will.

You too? That's good to read, I appreciate it.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
post #35 of 40
Quote:

I always thought Forstall was the best presenter after Jobs, then everyone distantly behind that. He exuded the same kind of obvious passion and gravitas that Jobs did. I actually like Schiller the least. He tends to speak way, way too fast and needs to learn to slow down, articulate, and create some more gravitas. He rushes too much.

Yep, this. Forstall was a damn good presenter, 2nd only to Steve at Apple. Schiller is a great mind no doubt, but he doesn't use much inflection...all rather monotone and emotionless to me.
post #36 of 40
F
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaf-love-apple View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Only if you assume that English is everyone's first language.

I'm Belgian, English is my third language and I am not even as bad as 'deaf-love-apple'. English is probably his/her eleventh language for his/her English to be that bad: putting together a simple sentence saying how excited one is about iOS 7 can't be THAT hard!
post #37 of 40
Outside of iOS7 (most excited for this) and OSX 10.9 (also awesome)- what else are we expecting?
MacBook Air
Mac Mini (only because it seems to always go with the air)
And a potential Mac Pro?
Could airports/TC get silent releases?

I just long for the next ATV more than any other refresh this year

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Outside of iOS7 (most excited for this) and OSX 10.9 (also awesome)- what else are we expecting?
MacBook Air
Mac Mini (only because it seems to always go with the air)
And a potential Mac Pro?
Could airports/TC get silent releases?

I just long for the next ATV more than any other refresh this year

Having just bought an Apple TV a month ago, I'd be pretty pissed if they released one now!

I'm looking forward to a Mac Pro too. I'm not sure whether it will debut in June, or later this year, but I really want one!

post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Upgraded MacBooks featuring Intel's new Haswell processors are also expected to be introduced at the event.

If there's no design changes or Retina displays, they can just take the store down around June 4th/5th. They'll ship with the newest OS. For the most part, Tim said to focus on the Fall:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/23/apple-ceo-tim-cook-hypes-the-fall-downplays-the-summer-on-new-hardware/

"I don’t want to be more specific, but we’ve got some really great stuff coming in the fall and across all of 2014"

The Ivy Bridge Xeon EP doesn't come out until Q3. WWDC is the right place to intro a Mac Pro but the wrong time. Laptops are a given as they are at the end of their cycle but I expect drop-in upgrades and hopefully price drops.

An iMac upgrade will be possible but they've only been shipping Ivy Bridge desktop chips for a few months. I suspect they'll want to push that upgrade out a bit and the Mini may go with it (maybe not as it uses laptop CPUs). Another 2-3 months isn't all that big of a deal and it keeps all the desktop upgrades together.

The quad PowerVR 6 GPUs come later on too and September keeps the iOS devices in that back-to-school and run up to Christmas period. It's still not clear why they were at the games conference but they must have something cooking with games given the graphics power of those upcoming iOS devices. It's a massive draw for developers because they sell over 125m units per year. The next iOS devices will rival the PS3 and 360 in performance and match their combined worldwide volume in 1 year. If AAA developers get a special place in the store, there's a big incentive to port games over.
post #40 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguihip View Post

F

I'm Belgian, English is my third language and I am not even as bad as 'deaf-love-apple'. English is probably his/her eleventh language for his/her English to be that bad: putting together a simple sentence saying how excited one is about iOS 7 can't be THAT hard!

Ah I see I understand that alright no problem but I am deaf sign language. Thanks you :-)
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple announces WWDC 2013 keynote for Monday, June 10