or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Microsoft caught lying about tablet size in comparison to Apple's iPad

Microsoft caught lying about tablet size in comparison to Apple's iPad - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

3. MS says that iPad will only do one thing at a time. Clearly false.

It won't be long before Apple's lawyers go after them.

Not so much false as using a questionable definition. They consider 'two or more things at the same time' as 'having windows do two or more apps open on the screen at the same time' just like they considered 'creating on a tablet' or 'using a tablet for business' as 'running Microsoft Office on a tablet'

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

post #82 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Not so much false as using a questionable definition. They consider 'two or more things at the same time' as 'having windows do two or more apps open on the screen at the same time' just like they considered 'creating on a tablet' or 'using a tablet for business' as 'running Microsoft Office on a tablet'

We techies dissect these things too much.

I think almost all normal viewers would understand the ad as meaning that the USER can do more than one thing at the same time.

It's the whole point of having multiple windows on the screen, after all.  Every computer user these days understands the concept, and the ad was showing two user activities at the same time, which pretty much makes it obvious what they were talking about.

post #83 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Because people can read emails and watch videos on the same screen at the same time. What, your left eye is reading the email an your right eye is watching the video? MS could have come up with a better/more realistic mutitask there.
They wanted to the point and interesting, yes in a Samsung add running a PowerPoint and a notes app made more sense.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Microsoft caught lying about tablet size in comparison to Apple's iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Microsoft caught lying about tablet size in comparison to Apple's iPad