or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › iPad shipments could see first ever year-on-year decline in Q2, analyst says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad shipments could see first ever year-on-year decline in Q2, analyst says - Page 2

post #41 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why does he need a link? Macs were updated once every six months for roughly a decade. How'd you forget that? Even I remember it, and that's ludicrous.

 

That's also because the growth of new tech and decline in pricing was moving fast. Now it's not. It's reaching a plateau. So it's logical that things will slow down until someone comes up with something hot dog amazing to put in new machines. 

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #42 of 101
We're waiting for the refresh. We plan to buy four 9.7 iPad 5 and two or three next gen iPhones. Tracking quarterly sales of Apple products is a fool's game.
post #43 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett Falter View Post

I'm sorry but my iPhone 5 battery life is garbage for the last 2 months

And you didn't see what it takes to get it fixed? Batteries do go bad, and I think it might be covered under warranty.

Quote:
iOS is stale looking

There are treatments for ADHD.

Quote:
and the indications of what iOS 7 hold for end users makes it sound like Android is going to leverage this change to one up apple.

The indications are just rumors, a lot of them pulled out of people's asses and passed off as a rumor. There's no sure way to know what's actually in iOS 7 until it's announced.
Edited by JeffDM - 5/25/13 at 8:51am
post #44 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

 

Not for you, but you aren't the universal mind. Lots of folks disagree with you and did and will upgrade. Particularly when we have no idea what the iPad 5 and Mini 2 will look like. 

I agree with you regarding the iPad 5 but I highly doubt the iPad mini 2 will get a redesign.  Best case scenario, the iPad mini 2 gets the 2048x1536 retina screen. Worst case scenario, it gets a performance bump but I'm willing to bet money the hardware design will look the same.

post #45 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

And you didn't see what it takes to get it fixed? Batteries do go bad, and I think it might be covered under warranty.
There are treatments for ADHD.
The indications are just rumors, a lot of them pulled out of people's asses and passed off as a rumor. There's no sure way to know what's actually in iOS 7 until it's announced.

Can you check this miscreant's address? He sure sounds like he's following the hired-troll playbook.
post #46 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by konqerror View Post


The difference is that cheap people are getting around to buying tablets. And people who aren't cheap already bought theirs.

 

Any time you saturate a market, sales will begin to decline until you hit a replacement cycle.    But I don't think we're there yet, and I don't expect big declines in Apple's sales, especially if they release new models, which will garner new interest.    

 

Back in the "computer days", the analysts always used to argue that Apple should either license the OS or find a way to produce cheap computers like Dell and the other clone makers.     Look where Dell and those clone makers are today.    Apple said they didn't want to play in the low-end of the market and they were proven correct.    While Apple has become much more of a mass-market company since then, they don't want to play at the low end of the Pad (or Phone) market either.   You can drive out a lot of units that way, but they're all at no margin and if the models are crappy, which they'd probably need to be, it destroys your branding and product line reputation.   And the analysts also complain when Apple's mighty margins dip a bit, but they seem to want it both ways.

 

I think a lighter iPad is going to sell a lot of units and I think there's going to be a lot of continued demand for the mini.    There are still tons of people who haven't completed the "I guess I don't need a computer anymore because for the type of things I do, I can do it on a Pad" purchasing rationale.   Furthermore, if price were the primary consideration, Amazon's Kindle and Barnes and Noble's Nook would have already killed Apple and B&N is rumored to be backing out of the Nook business.   

 

I think with the maturation of the Pad business, additional sales are going to come from people buying additional iPads for more members of the family....kids, etc.

 

If Apple really wants to knock one out of the park, they would release a new iOS that's more than a slight evolutionary improvement.   An iOS with a vastly improved look and feel, especially if it appeared to the average person to be incredibly superior to Android, would drive a lot of Apple hardware sales, IMO.   One of the things that both Android and Microsoft have accomplished is that they have taken away Apple's monopoly on decent UI design from a look and feel standpoint, even in such simple terms as the use of fonts and color, taking away much of the obvious factors of Apple's uniqueness.  

 

Frankly, I don't trust any analyst's opinions of Apple, even in the cases where I might agree.   If they're projecting bad news, I don't know if they're actually trying to short the stock or not.   Even if they are optimistic, they might just be trying to inflate the stock price.

post #47 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

And you didn't see what it takes to get it fixed? Batteries do go bad, and I think it might be covered under warranty.
There are treatments for ADHD.
The indications are just rumors, a lot of them pulled out of people's asses and passed off as a rumor. There's no sure way to know what's actually in iOS 7 until it's announced.

It's clear that everything "battery" is Apples fault -- funny when "I" run APPS like Instagram or ANY map APP - or location services -- They DRAIN the battery -- that's true of ANY device -- Apples or not -- ANY APP that pushes the processor will drain your unit. Get a clue.
post #48 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosslad View Post

Of course the sales of Android tablets is increasing - people are replacing their cheap tablets when the battery dies or they can no longer run apps on their outdated systems. On the other hand my iPad 2 is still performing like the day it was bought.

 

Mine too. The battery life is amazing.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #49 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett Falter View Post

This is because they haven't offered anything new or noteworthy in the last half year.  I'm sorry but my iPhone 5 battery life is garbage for the last 2 months, iOS is stale looking, and the indications of what iOS 7 hold for end users makes it sound like Android is going to leverage this change to one up apple.  The only upside Apple has is their use of metals.  But that aside I would like a device I can use through the day and not have to be tethered to a power cord.  Apple has had long enough to learn this lesson and despite this, their terrible software engineers and small batteries are making many of my family members anxious to dump iPhone and iOS.  

 

So do it. Since you find absolutely nothing else of value from Apple except "use of metals."

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #50 of 101
People here is happy to admit the computer market is saturated, as a justification for Apple investing more on iToys than on the Mac. However, they'll never thought the toy market is soon to become saturated. Easy money comes easy, but ends easy as well. Get used to it, such toy saturation will be a reality soon. However, people will continue to need new computers. Once the toy market becomes saturated, the computer market will show its natural higher demand than the toy market.
post #51 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Shut up and go away, you useless idiot.

 

I don't mind. These forums are magnets for posts like that. Cursing Apple (for "garbage" battery life, "stale" iOS, and "terrible" engineers) when there are alternatives is like blaming your spouse for your unhappiness when there are more compatible mates out there. If you're unhappy, get a different phone and be happy.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #52 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

IPad shipments aren't perpetually up quarter over quarter? Apple is doomed.

(Note from three years ago: "what's an iPad?")

It's year over year...

 

and since the iPhone is defining success for apple, the new 'flagship' product iPad, not doing a YoY growth is sky is falling fearfulness of doomage.

 

Note from 3 years ago:  "iPod Sales fall again"

 

The issue is that an iPhone is probably the most useful (size, function, power) device ever made, and also lives in the most hostile environment (in the pocket of people who move, work outdoors, go to the toilet, use over the kitchen sink, etc).  It has both power growth curve on Moore's Law, and obsolescence issues, that drive repurchase.  1.5 years is probably the useful life span of an iPhone on average.

 

An iPad, is a 3 year cycle on average, since it is: not in the pocket, used two handedle, doesn't have a huge mobility requirement (iphones below), doesn't have a huge performance requirement (laptops above).  So, they fill a longer term niche.    And as opposed to replacing 'dumb/feature' phones that were quite limiting, Laptops are quite capable, and will take a longer time for people to 'retire/replace those'.  

 

And as for market share, I don't think apple even worries about that.

post #53 of 101
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post
Cursing Apple (for "garbage" battery life, "stale" iOS, and "terrible" engineers) when there are alternatives is like blaming your spouse for your unhappiness when there are more compatible mates out there.

 

"My wife left me for blaming my problems on others. Better go blame Apple for that!"

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #54 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs View Post

People here is happy to admit the computer market is saturated, as a justification for Apple investing more on iToys than on the Mac. However, they'll never thought the toy market is soon to become saturated. Easy money comes easy, but ends easy as well. Get used to it, such toy saturation will be a reality soon. However, people will continue to need new computers. Once the toy market becomes saturated, the computer market will show its natural higher demand than the toy market.

 

[Citation needed]

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #55 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett Falter View Post

This is because they haven't offered anything new or noteworthy in the last half year.  I'm sorry but my iPhone 5 battery life is garbage for the last 2 months, iOS is stale looking, and the indications of what iOS 7 hold for end users makes it sound like Android is going to leverage this change to one up apple.  The only upside Apple has is their use of metals.  But that aside I would like a device I can use through the day and not have to be tethered to a power cord.  Apple has had long enough to learn this lesson and despite this, their terrible software engineers and small batteries are making many of my family members anxious to dump iPhone and iOS.  

 

You have to always be on your A game these days because of the options and the price premium Apple charged used to indicate a premium product.  Today it just ensures their profit margins are safe.  That's just not cutting it anymore for many.  

 

Another Samsung/Google mole arrives at AI forums. Joy.

 

The same stale talking points (speaking of stale) that every other OBVIOUS newcomer brings to the debate...

 

"Nothing new from Apple in <xx> months…"

 

"iOS looking stale…"

 

"<insert any random, disparaging, typically nonsense remark about iPhone performance…"

 

"Terrible software engineering, small batteries…"

 

"My Friends/My Family/My Co-Workers/Everyone I know (choose one or more) are dumping/have dumped/want to dump their iPhone and/or iOS…"

 

"Apple is failing us, and therefore doomed (paraphrased in a hundred clever ways)…"

 

 

Keep trying with that "self fulfilling prophecy" thing, Sammy, it may eventually wear off… even broken clocks are right once or twice a day.

post #56 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs View Post

People here is happy to admit the computer market is saturated, as a justification for Apple investing more on iToys than on the Mac. However, they'll never thought the toy market is soon to become saturated. Easy money comes easy, but ends easy as well. Get used to it, such toy saturation will be a reality soon. However, people will continue to need new computers. Once the toy market becomes saturated, the computer market will show its natural higher demand than the toy market.

I think you're trolling hard, but in the unlikely event you aren't:

I don't think you understand. Consumers don't need laptops as much when they have smart phones and tablets. This group is made up of people that mostly chat, message, take a few amateur photos, videos, play media, and use social media. The consumer market for computers is shrinking as it is. I know a few families that don't even have a computer in the home, they're on smart phones, so it's fair to say that Apple and Android are the culprits in shaking the PC hegemony.

Businesses will need laptops, and a few desktops, no question about that, but as devs figure out how to make more complicated software touch-optimized, then the old style personal computer will continue to decline, even accelerate.

Another issue is that computers have gotten powerful enough and compelling need for more power has diminished, so it's easier to keep using a 5+ year old computer running. My personal laptop is from 2007. While a newer computer would be nicer, it works, it's a known quantity and I'd rather use the money for something else.
Edited by JeffDM - 5/25/13 at 11:24am
post #57 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOSXAddict View Post

It is not really a fair YOY quarter comparision as last years quarter had a new iPad released in it while this years quarter has no new iPads.

 

Yes, "analysts" are, in general, pretty lazy, especially when it comes to intelligent thought. I know, I know, it's a lot of work to actually use your mind and reason things out, that's why "analysts" favor convenient little metrics like comparing the same quarters year to year and "shipments", because those are "clean" little yardsticks that don't actually require any, you know, analysis, to trot out.

 

And, while quarterly year-over-year comparisons aren't necessarily the complete garbage "analysis" that sequential quarter-to-quarter comparisons are, they suffer from exactly the same problem of having, at best, questionable validity. While it's pretty obvious to most people (except those who want to make a point without regard to its validity) that, for example, comparing (calendar) Q4 to Q1 is nonsense because it completely ignores the annual hysteria known as "Christmas Shopping" in Q4, which is  followed by "Paying the Bills" in Q1, what may not be so immediately obvious is that a year-over-year comparison of quarters may suffer from exactly the same problems. If the quarters aren't analogous, meaning if the conditions prevailing in each quarter you are comparing aren't the same, the comparison may not be valid. And, that's essentially what this boils down to, an argument by analogy, without establishing, or even considering the strength of the analogy.

 

So, without exploring the differences, even if they have the numbers correct, this type of comparison isn't meaningful. And, as you rightly point out, in this case they are comparing a quarter with a product release to a quarter without one. While this might be relevant if you were taking an extremely short term outlook, it doesn't say anything about the overall health and long term outlook of the company. In fact, pretty much any analysis that's strictly based on a comparison of arbitrary periods, regardless of how "standard" it may be, is essentially worthless, unless it actually includes a discussion of all the factors that may be relevant.

post #58 of 101

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 7/25/13 at 2:05pm
post #59 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post

Asia is now Samsung territory, Apple product use has significantly declined. That has got to have a lot to do with it.

 

In your wet dreams.

post #60 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I think there is a pent up demand for the new iPad 5 and iPad mini replacement. That's typically what happens.

 

Exactly, and because of the accelerated schedules and the implementation of the lightning connector, Apple has everyone trained to expect the new iPads this month, when if we believe rumours it's actually months away in October.  

 

The first iPad was out for 11 months

The second iPad was out for 12 months

 

The third iPad was only out for barely 7 months though, and it's now exactly seven months since the debut of the 4th iPad and the iPad mini.  The consumers are expecting a new iPad sooner rather than later and no one is going to want to buy the current one when the arrival of the new one could happen at any time.  This is one time when Apple's secrecy works against it (given that they have already broken the yearly cycle), because unless they break with tradition and announce the release date ahead of time, it *could* arrive any day, or not for months.  

 

Personally, I'm hoping the new iPads will be announced at WWDC and it would be a stupid move on Apple's part to wait until October if they don't have to.  The sooner they can get the next generation out the door the better.  Sticking to October because "that's what they did before" would be a huge mistake (assuming it is possible to release them sooner).  


Edited by Gazoobee - 5/25/13 at 1:03pm
post #61 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs View Post

People here is happy to admit the computer market is saturated, as a justification for Apple investing more on iToys than on the Mac. However, they'll never thought the toy market is soon to become saturated. Easy money comes easy, but ends easy as well. Get used to it, such toy saturation will be a reality soon. However, people will continue to need new computers. Once the toy market becomes saturated, the computer market will show its natural higher demand than the toy market.

 

That's some fantasy you got going there. 1wink.gif

 

Your bias is showing by the use of "toys" instead of "tablets" so no one is going to take your comments seriously anyway.  Even if we ignore that however, you haven't supported any of your crazy assumptions with any kind of evidence or facts.  When every indicator shows that the PC market is going down, and you say that despite what everyone thinks, it's going to go back up again, then the onus is on you to provide some facts to support that.  Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.  

post #62 of 101
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post
You can't use safari on an iPad to access your work email on iCloud. Period.

… Because iCloud isn't your work e-mail. 1confused.gif

 

iCloud isn't a client, it's a service.


This bullshit never happened with Apple before. They thought more careful about the needs of the user as opposed to their needs as a company.

 

Are you sure you know what you're talking about in the first place?

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #63 of 101

The big question is... what's Ming-Chi Kuo's track record? It's hard to get a complete picture, but here are a few sources:

 

http://www.cultofmac.com/tag/ming-chi-kuo/

 

http://www.gizmag.com/apple-2013-iphone-5s-ipad-5-ipad-mini-retina/25824/

 

Of course, one could always contact Ming-Chi Kuo directly at their Taiwan office:  http://research.kgi.com.tw/KGI1/about/about_frame.htm

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #64 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Just shut up, troll.

 

Only you have the power to banish TekStud (iteration 39) forever!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #65 of 101
Originally Posted by extremeskater 
You make me laugh. I'm so hurt you used the word troll. Those keys must be worn out on your computer.

 

See that? That right there? That's trolling, kiddo.

 

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post
Only you have the power to banish TekStud (iteration 39) forever!

 

We need a Smokey the Bear edit of that. Or maybe even Uncle Sam.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #66 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaayco View Post

Maybe if we stopped comparing shipped android vs sold iPads...
What do you imagine was the difference between shipped and sold in Q1?  URL?

What a stupid question.

If those Android people would put out channel inventory data, we could tell, no?
post #67 of 101

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 7/25/13 at 2:05pm
post #68 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

Wow! That must be why Apple's revenues in Asia have dropped, and especially in China! Oops - just checked. No they haven't! No question that Samsung has made huge inroads in Asia, but mostly at the expense of others, not Apple.

Most of Asia is using Samsung at the expense of Apple products. You may not like to hear it but its true. I live in Hong Kong and I travel weekly all over Asia, from as far north as Japan to as far south as Indonesia and I work in a large local company. I can tell assure you that I see less than a quarter of the number of Apple products than I used to. Samsung big screen phones are everywhere. My teams used to be all iphone, now me and maybe one or two others in groups of 16 are iPhone. The rest are Samsung.

It's interesting and a little pathetic to read the fanboys on this sites difficulty in accepting opinions of others that don't fit in with their limited view of the world.
post #69 of 101
His sell-in prediction is based on sell-through, which he also estimates? I don't understand the basis for this story at all.
post #70 of 101
Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post
It's interesting and a little pathetic to read the fanboys on this sites difficulty in accepting opinions of others that don't fit in with their limited view of the world.

 

Your anecdotal evidence is either invalid or as valid as everyone else's. And the latter says you're wrong.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #71 of 101
Originally Posted by extremeskater01
Coming from someone whose greatest achievement in life is being an AI Moderator. Oh wait........

 

Do I need to write out why it's funny that you'd be facetiously scorning others for the manner in which they spend their time while creating multiple accounts on the same website about a company you hate that makes products you hate, being unable to take the hint as to the banning of your earlier ones…

 

or do you already know all that?

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #72 of 101
There is no denying that Android tablets have closed the gap with Apple in terms of design, UI, functionality, apps, battery life, physical features, advertising, and commercial availability. Oh, and they're cheaper. And Apple is losing market share.

Do I not know what I'm taking about? Maybe. Or maybe the truth of Apple's decline is so glaringly obvious that many if you more sophisticated and smarter people are failing to see it. You pick lol.
post #73 of 101
Originally Posted by 512ke
There is no denying that Android tablets have closed the gap with Apple in terms of design, UI, functionality, apps, battery life, physical features, advertising, and commercial availability. Oh, and they're cheaper. And Apple is losing market share.

 

Plenty of denying it. Most of it valid. Seems you don't have any reason to be here. Why not leave?

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #74 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post


Translation: "I have no data at all, so I have no idea why people here keep going on about the difference between 'shipped' and 'sold', since I fully realize that difference may well be negligibly small, which of course would explain why retailers keep ordering ever-larger numbers of them."

 

Unfortunately for you, the possibly corroborating evidence doesn't support your beliefs, but contradicts them.

 

Translation: "You're wrong again. No surprise."

post #75 of 101

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 7/25/13 at 2:05pm
post #76 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Groan. Tell us why it's 'stale'? And more importantly, what specific features of Android make it so unstale?

Or can we just chalk it up to more troll garbage?

Maybe he didn't keep it in a case, I know when I don't cover bread it get's stale pretty fast.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #77 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Plenty of denying it. Most of it valid. Seems you don't have any reason to be here. Why not leave?

Because he'll miss your charming personality and the constant berating of people who don't have an undying loyalty to a company that produces inanimate objects.1biggrin.gif
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #78 of 101
"The difference is that cheap people are getting around to buying tablets. And people who aren't cheap already bought theirs."

*nods.

At the end of the day, there is a glass ceiling on premium...and a glass ceiling on 'cheap.'

Android growth looks decent on paper...but...it's from a much smaller base so damn lies and statistics and all that. So the figures are just readjusting...like they did for Macs, iPhone and now iPads. Premium to cheap market spread. Same old, same old.

Apple, for their part, could keep the iPad Mini (1st gen) and offer a cheaper price on it...while bringing in the retina iPad mini. They also need to keep the metal on the floor for the iPad 5 with Rogue goodness with an A7(?) chip.

Lemon Bon Bon.

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply
post #79 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOSXAddict View Post

It is not really a fair YOY quarter comparision as last years quarter had a new iPad released in it while this years quarter has no new iPads.

Indeed, but last year Apple didnt had the mini. I am hoping for the same numbers this year and it would be good enoughfor me.
post #80 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post


You're welcome to provide data at any time to substatiate the ongoing claims here about "shipped" being somehow so different from "sold" that all retailers worldwide are both stupid and economically suicidal as they keep ordering more and more Android products every quarter.

 

And, you're welcome to provide data at any time to substatiate the ongoing claims here about "shipped" being somehow the same as "sold". But, as already pointed out to you, the corroborating data isn't there. For example, the usage stats are nowhere near the claimed marketshare or shipped numbers. Find some independent numbers to corroborate your beliefs. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • iPad shipments could see first ever year-on-year decline in Q2, analyst says
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › iPad shipments could see first ever year-on-year decline in Q2, analyst says