or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: Apple's iOS 7 needs exclusive, distinctive features, not just a flat UI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Editorial: Apple's iOS 7 needs exclusive, distinctive features, not just a flat UI - Page 5

post #161 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Yeah. Because then the thief can't get into your device and send a bunch of messages to everyone you know.

What I think the argument originally ment. Was that if you had no pass code on your device set up what so ever. And you went from the lock screen into the camera. Assuming you had no passcode setup on your device what so ever. When taking a photo and going back to it. You have no option to share it via message or anything.

That's the issue.

post #162 of 254
Originally Posted by THEMAC1NT0SH View Post
What I think the argument originally ment. Was that if you had no pass code on your device set up what so ever.

 

Oh, I see. Sorry, Ireland.

 

I think I get why Apple did it this way, but you're right; capabilities should be based on whether a password is set.

post #163 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

1. Apple is not doing anything.
2. Stop making decisions based on doing zero reading on your part, and on zero actual fact.
Well Apple is obviously doing something. Whether that something resembles Windows 8 in any way is remains to be seen.
post #164 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Oh, I see. Sorry, Ireland.

 

I think I get why Apple did it this way, but you're right; capabilities should be based on whether a password is set.

 

Thanks for correcting yourself. Apology accepted.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #165 of 254

Editorial: AppleInsider should stop wasting time posting such pointless drivel

 

"apples-ios-7-needs-exclusive-distinctive-features-not-just-a-flat" 

 

No shit, Sherlock.

 

What moron would ever believe that Apple would release a UI-only OS update?

 

If you want to write an editorial about what you think Apple should be putting in the next OS, go ahead, but spare us the Captain-Obvious-Filler, okay?


Edited by tikiman - 5/26/13 at 8:56pm
post #166 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikiman View Post

Editorial: AppleInsider should stop wasting time posting such pointless drivel

"apples-ios-7-needs-exclusive-distinctive-features-not-just-a-flat" 

No shit, Sherlock.

What moron would ever believe that Apple would release a UI-only OS update?
The same morons who believe Apple would releases black and white only OS.
post #167 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs View Post

If the competitor is Android, iOS doesn't need anything special to beat it, because Android is made by removing from Linux its best strengths, and replacing them with non-consistent and unstable concepts from the Windows world. Add Java to it, unreasonable apps permissions to user private data, and you end up with a system iOS beats in every release.

So, iOS doesn't need anything special *if* (and note the *if*) the competitor is Android.

But if some vendor manages to ship a touch-Linux with all the UNIX strengths and features, then, yes, iOS will have a problem. But in the meantime you can be confident you can beat Android even with a Windows-3.1 based system.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "removing from Linux its best strengths", and "UNIX strengths and features"? Security is often cited as a strength of Linux distros, but Android ought to be stronger by design. In addition to inheriting standard Linux kernel protections such as ASLR, Android sandboxes programs using posix access controls by making each app run with its own UID. Whatever malware that exists for Android is mostly a consequence of how the ecosystem is managed, rather than the design of the OS. If OS X, Ubuntu, or Windows had a similar software ecosystem where everyone was publishing apps that claim to do this or that, and non-technical users were installing apps left and right, then that platform would probably have at least as much malware as Android has now.


Edited by d4NjvRzf - 5/26/13 at 1:49pm
post #168 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-t View Post

 

Yeah, new software like Hangouts, Maps etc. But a new version of the OS? Not so much! And that's what I am talking about!

Then your comments completely confuse me. How is Google not announcing a new version of Android at I/O connected with the upcoming Apple iOS update? Android releases haven't been on any particular schedule. 3.0 Honeycomb was released in February 2011. 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, was released in Oct. 2011.  Neither was at an I/O conference. 4.0. Jellybean on the other hand was announced at an I/O conference. So what's the common connection then if there is one? They were all announced alongside new hardware, which didn't appear at this year's conference. The day or month hasn't been the determining factor but instead new OS version releases have been reliant on new hardware being ready. It was the no-show for new hardware that was the surprise. Without new hardware a new OS release would have been highly unusual.

 

Google hasn't been scheduling their other software updates after Apple's latest is released so I don't understand how you rationalized the connection you've formed between the two. Had you instead been talking about lack of knowledge about the newly designed iPhone hardware being the holdup I can see where you might have had an argument. Software-wise I don't see it. The two OS's have been taking their own paths for some time.


Edited by Gatorguy - 5/26/13 at 2:05pm
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #169 of 254
I also think that Apple needs to stop clipping the new features for older phones. Is there a reason my iPhone 4 didn't get the panorama option in the camera app with iOS 6? This is only slightly better than getting no OS updates at all. With constant OS upgrades, my phone is only slightly better off from the day I purchased it, but it's gotten much slower in the process.
post #170 of 254

I'm thinking that the "simplicty" of iOS 7 will cause for less space to be used for the OS, making what ever device your using some what faster. 

post #171 of 254
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post
I also think that Apple needs to stop clipping the new features for older phones.

 

They'd rather put out 3x 100% good than 10x 50% good.


Is there a reason my iPhone 4 didn't get the panorama option in the camera app with iOS 6? 

 

User experience, pure and simple.


This is only slightly better than getting no OS updates at all. 

 

The Apple community isn't the only one that whines about actually receiving updates, but they're the only one that whine about receiving good updates.


With constant OS upgrades, my phone is only slightly better off from the day I purchased it, but it's gotten much slower in the process.

 

See? You're complaining. And you'd complain that much more about the "slow panoramas" if you had been given them. You'd whine that "it would have been better to leave it out and make my phone faster".

post #172 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

They'd rather put out 3x 100% good than 10x 50% good.

 

User experience, pure and simple.

 

The Apple community isn't the only one that whines about actually receiving updates, but they're the only one that whine about receiving good updates.

 

See? You're complaining. And you'd complain that much more about the "slow panoramas" if you had been given them. You'd whine that "it would have been better to leave it out and make my phone faster".

Let's be realistic, Apple sell hardware, there a hardware company. They don't put new features on old phones because they want you to buy a new phone. And they don't overly care that your phone is getting slower because its a reason for you to get a new one. I wouldn't go as far as to say there making your phone slower deliberately, but I doubt there trying to optimise everything to the max to get a 3 year old phone to run fast.

 

Some people won't like this fact, and that's because you know a phone is basically like a computer, and you can keep a computer for 5 - 10 years before you need to buy a new one. But Apple aren't a software company, and people don't like paying for software. So its much better to sell your software updates as new hardware.

post #173 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

 

You could say the same about Xbox or Kindle or iPod. But strangely, no one complains about Xbox and Kindle or iPod not having file systems are "true multitasking" or whatever else you think is missing to turn it into a full fledged computer. I want to know why. You people get what the Xbox is all about: a dedicated, focused machine for doing certain tasks very well. It's not intended to be a general purpose computer. It's locked down, an appliance. You never see or manage a file system, and gamers are PERFECTLY HAPPY with that.

 

But you bring up iOS and suddenly every geek out there knows exactly what is "missing" from iOS: all the features that make it exactly like Mac OS X. Well GUESS WHAT? It's your LUCKY DAY... Turns out, Apple sells a machine that can run Mac OS X.

Leaving aside the new Xbox having multitasking, the complaint of Xbox is worse than not having a file system. To me its inconsistency on how you play music as it seems to have 3 official yet completely separate music apps!

 

In comparison with ios though, it doesn't have a apps other than music and streaming videos so there's no need for a file system as there's nothing to share between apps.

 

I'm not actually 100% sure if the issues are apples fault for not providing access to the file system and multitasking or the app developers for not using the features they have. For instance I'm fairly certain apps can download files in the background, Windows phone can so I would have thought ios would. And the share with another app seems like win phones method of sharing files where any app can open another app and send a file to it. But as the apps that have this issues all display there own file system, it would make sense for there to be a main one. The file system could then sync with icloud like win 8 dies with SkyDrive and you instantly have full syncing between all devices and apps with the developer needing to do anything.

post #174 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikiman View Post

Editorial: AppleInsider should stop wasting time posting such pointless drivel

 

"apples-ios-7-needs-exclusive-distinctive-features-not-just-a-flat" 

 

No shit, Sherlock.

 

What moron would ever believe that Apple would release a UI-only OS update?


What moron would interpret this article as suggesting that?

post #175 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post

 

I sure don't have any info, but the 9to5 guys say they do, and they're making that claim. And that's what I'm commenting on -- frankly, I haven't read a Dilger article in years ;) . I just tend to find this forum a bit better.


That same "sources" suggesting loss of gradients are also suggesting the new look is stunning. This is akin to waiting for a sports team to select its first overall draft pick. You can lose sleep over anticipation, and just wait patiently for 2 more weeks.

post #176 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

I also think that Apple needs to stop clipping the new features for older phones. Is there a reason my iPhone 4 didn't get the panorama option in the camera app with iOS 6? This is only slightly better than getting no OS updates at all. With constant OS upgrades, my phone is only slightly better off from the day I purchased it, but it's gotten much slower in the process.


You're simultaneously complaining about old phones not getting the full upgrade, and the upgrade slowing down your phone? You must be tough to please in bed.

post #177 of 254
Originally Posted by timgriff84 View Post
Let's be realistic, Apple sell hardware, there a hardware company. They don't put new features on old phones because they want you to buy a new phone. And they don't overly care that your phone is getting slower because its a reason for you to get a new one.

 

If we're being realistic, why are you just making things up and ignoring the other half of the equation?


…I doubt there trying to optimise everything to the max to get a 3 year old phone to run fast.

 

Hence. Leaving. Features. Out. They know that some features won't work as well (or at all) on older hardware, so they leave them out rather than giving users a substandard experience.


But Apple aren't a software company, and people don't like paying for software. So its much better to sell your software updates as new hardware.
Originally Stated by Steve Jobs
And so the big secret about Apple, of course–not-so-big secret maybe–is that Apple views itself as a software company and there aren’t very many software companies left… …Alan Kay had a great quote back in the ’70s, I think. He said, “People that love software want to build their own hardware.”
post #178 of 254

Remember when the Dock icon for iCal was finally improved to show today's date?

 

It would be nice if the Weather app icon in iOS actually noted the temperature. Why is it always 73 degrees?

Hot tub blonde, pouring champagne: "Say when..." Dangerfield: "Right after this drink."
Reply
Hot tub blonde, pouring champagne: "Say when..." Dangerfield: "Right after this drink."
Reply
post #179 of 254

I read all the gobbledygook Andy Ihnatko spewed as to why he switched to a Samsung S3. You've been trying for years to get Apple to get rid of the Finder in OS X in favor some weird new file system paradigm only you can use because the desktop metaphor is "stale." You want options for everything and then laugh and point when a normal user screws up their system trying to customize it. You want iOS to be just like Android with a file system, open access, so-called true multitasking, and God only knows what else. 

 

Well, you see what happened to Microsoft when they got rid of the Start button in Windows 8. The common user, like me, wants consistency along with functionality. I don't want to go through learning curve after learning curve. You are NOT the arbiters of technology advances. I will wait and see what Ive and company come up with. If it means yet another learning curve or a complete new paradigm I'll likely just freeze my Apple experience where I'm at. You know there are still people using System 7. And that goes for OS X too.

post #180 of 254
I'd love to get data OUT of contacts. Got forbid I need to do a mail merge or such....
post #181 of 254
> And stop leaving user experience dead-ends in iOS, such as where you can see your photos within Camera, but to do anything with them you need to exit and enter the Photos app. This is ridiculous. <<br />
Umm.. It WOULD be ridiculous, if true. But, Dan, you DO have access to Camera Roll within Camera and can edit and share, as per the Photos app. You can't access photos not on the roll from within Camera but that's what Photos, iPhoto and 3rd party apps are for.
post #182 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is a low blow.  Michael Steeber is a school kid with no experience and Mike Elgan is a card carrying lunatic with delusions of grandeur.  The editorials here, regardless of what problems them may have, are leagues ahead of the nonsense those guys spew over at CultofMac.  

You are entitled to your opinions but I think you'll understand that I disagree. As far as I'm concerned these 'editorials' are just as much a pile of thoughtless lunacy pretending to be journalism as the crap Elgan spews

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #183 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is a low blow.  Michael Steeber is a school kid with no experience and Mike Elgan is a card carrying lunatic with delusions of grandeur.  The editorials here, regardless of what problems them may have, are leagues ahead of the nonsense those guys spew over at CultofMac.  

You are entitled to your opinions but I think you'll understand that I disagree. As far as I'm concerned these 'editorials' are just as much a pile of thoughtless lunacy pretending to be journalism as the crap Elgan spews

 

It did provoke some interesting discussion though.

post #184 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcboston View Post

I'd love to get data OUT of contacts. Got forbid I need to do a mail merge or such....

Obviously you can't do it on an iOS device but if you sync your contacts to a Mac, you have many options to manipulate the data. In Address Book for OS X you can export all contacts as a single Vcard and it is readable as a text file although not many mail merge capable applications will be able to import it. One could write an AppleScript to extract the data you need into a csv file but fortunately there are more than a hundred different Address Book management apps already available as shareware and freeware.

 

Take a look here:

 

https://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/address%20book

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #185 of 254

Windows change their interface because they practice: "continuous improvement".

While Apple practices: "get it right first time".

If it becomes flat and windows like, and less recogniseable, then I will not update.

I have two eyes so I appreciate pseudo-3D, and find/recognise things far better/easier.

post #186 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


Yes, on this particular issue.


The whiners and trolls are out in full force in this thread.  Had anyone spent more than a one-line reading of what goes on here, they would have known that my discussion was pointed at those that need a change because they are "bored", or that they want change for the sake of changing.

Apple takes time to get things as close to polished as possible when they come out with new features.  They don't put things out there for the sake of it.  They try to put as much thought into something and it has to apply to a specific problem.

Then there are the ADHD folks out there that want animated wallpapers and 20 widgets all running at the same time while they are composing an email, listening to Justin Bieber, and watching anime movies, and then b!tch as to why their battery life sucks.

Those are the people I'm directly referring to.  If people have a problem with that reality, grow a backbone.

Me and countless people consider the iPhone a phone first.  To the rest of the whiners, go to Android and find some half-baked solution that will keep your attention for the next 3 minutes.

post #187 of 254
iOS requires improvements but not a change to a boring "Flat UI". The icons with great designs, rounded edges and glass effect provide elegance and are part of the identity of iOS. Hopefully it will not convert "iOS 7" on "Windroid OS 7" because it would be very disappointing.
post #188 of 254
There is a certain irony to this editorial. For it is the media and tech pontiffs who are sensationalizing the rumored UI changes. To then turn around and say it isn't that important relative to real features, is a nullifying admission that the media is irrelevant. It is what it will be.

Now can we please get back to talking about the iWatch?
post #189 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOS Programmer View Post

iOS requires improvements but not a change to a boring "Flat UI". The icons with great designs, rounded edges and glass effect provide elegance and are part of the identity of iOS. Hopefully it will not convert "iOS 7" on "Windroid OS 7" because it would be very disappointing.

 

Yes. Exactly my point!  I'm also convinced Ive's influence on software design was already damaging on OS X. Boring dark grey-ish icons on boring gray background was tremendous  step back in 10.7 and tendency is unfortunately continuous.... While Ive is a great box designed, he has no clue about software user experience....While human wants to have material things to be clear, plain and simple, he/she wants software to be vivid, natural experience, almost reality, role playing. I am very disappointed over direction of OS X and have bad feeling about iOS 7 and further...

 

Forstall did understand this difference and I believe he did a great job with iOS initially, achieving ironic situation where "professional community" claims iOS design to be outdated simply because it was soooo advanced that it is still the best, that it remained unchanged for too long.

 

However, Forstall failed in developing functionalities with the required pace.. Perhaps he was too busy feeding his ego...

 

I'd say Apple has serious problems in software design in general...

post #190 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

iOS being "stale" is just those ADHD-afflicted tech-heads and whiners that need a visual-change every 10 minutes.  Nothing can keep their interest or attention for any decent amount of time.

iOS is efficient, stable, and polished, and gets the job done.  Apple will tweak, address, and resolve issues like they're always good at doing.  I'm happy with the progress they have made, and trust that they will (usually) do the right thing when that time arrives.

These vocal boredom-folks can go to Android and tweak to their hearts' content.  

 

My mom has the Samsung phone -- the good one. And it's a mess. It has some Kewl things -- but they have no consistent interface to TURN THEM OFF. The voice listening service can be in the background of a phone call. I've got a myTouch and it's annoying. I don't use much features on it, because getting apps is a dodgy experience and frankly, it's already too busy LOOKING. My wife has an iPhone -- and she loves it. Apple can add more features, but make them elegant and intuitive and don't BREAK A GOOD THING. That "boring" is another way of saying; I know what things are going to do. We don't need sliding panels -- we need a phone that works and a way to get into and out of an app quickly and not have to think how to interact with each one. Apple is doing great. Take your time. Let the others throw in the kitchen sink and have nobody know they had a dishwasher app.
post #191 of 254
"iOS 6 is "boring,"" It is a strange comment to make. I'd suggest that those users are a bit limited and thus bored or else they are coded words to describe IOS as the limited entity.
post #192 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by poksi View Post

Yes. Exactly my point!  I'm also convinced Ive's influence on software design was already damaging on OS X. Boring dark grey-ish icons on boring gray background was tremendous  step back in 10.7 and tendency is unfortunately continuous.... While Ive is a great box designed, he has no clue about software user experience....While human wants to have material things to be clear, plain and simple, he/she wants software to be vivid, natural experience, almost reality, role playing. I am very disappointed over direction of OS X and have bad feeling about iOS 7 and further...

Forstall did understand this difference and I believe he did a great job with iOS initially, achieving ironic situation where "professional community" claims iOS design to be outdated simply because it was soooo advanced that it is still the best, that it remained unchanged for too long.

However, Forstall failed in developing functionalities with the required pace.. Perhaps he was too busy feeding his ego...

I'd say Apple has serious problems in software design in general...
Ive just took over HI last October. I doubt he had anything to do with previous OS X design. Can we at least wait until we see the new software before we proclaim he has no clue about it? As far as we know the same people who worked for Forstall are still there. I highly doubt they'd ship junk just because Ive told them to do so. Plus the rumor that Rene Ritchie reported a while back claimed Ive's changes were making people "really happy". Might not make the pro skeuomorphic crowd happy but that doesn't mean it's crap.
post #193 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscientist View Post

There is a certain irony to this editorial. For it is the media and tech pontiffs who are sensationalizing the rumored UI changes. To then turn around and say it isn't that important relative to real features, is a nullifying admission that the media is irrelevant. It is what it will be.

Now can we please get back to talking about the iWatch?
The Verge posting on 9to5 Mac's rumor has over 1200 comments. MacRumors posting over 600 comments. Cnet's over 400 comments. A lot of comments for something that doesn't matter.
post #194 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

The whiners and trolls are out in full force in this thread.  Had anyone spent more than a one-line reading of what goes on here, they would have known that my discussion was pointed at those that need a change because they are "bored", or that they want change for the sake of changing.

... snip ...

Then there are the ADHD folks out there that want animated wallpapers and 20 widgets all running at the same time while they are composing an email, listening to Justin Bieber, and watching anime movies, and then b!tch as to why their battery life sucks.

 

You shouldn't be surprised if your points are ignored, valid or not.

 

When someone leads off their post with name-calling, and then sprinkles in more insults later on, few readers are going to take the rest of that poster's "discussion" seriously.

 

This simple social interaction rule seems to go over the head of some of the more prolific posters here.

 

--

 

Try making your point again without insults.  

 

It seemed to be something about Apple not making changes just for the sake of change.   Sure, but that doesn't mean that switching to a more modern (fresh) UI look is just for the sake of change.  It's for a good reason, part of which is keeping up to date with current UI fashion.

post #195 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post

"iOS 6 is "boring,"" It is a strange comment to make. I'd suggest that those users are a bit limited and thus bored or else they are coded words to describe IOS as the limited entity.
Strange or not, it's a common theme. I don't see many average consumers saying it, myself, but people do say it, and I see a lot of people choosing Samsung devices.

Personally I like the restraint Apple has applied to the home screen and iOS in general, but perhaps it's time we saw more useful functionality in iOS (and I'm not talking about gimmicky Sammy features), taking into account how the devices are being used today. Hardware wise, I think the obvious next step is to have the iPhone grow up into a family of devices, and get rid of the old iPhone models.

I'd like to see an 8GB 4" A6 powered plastic iPhone introduced as their budget offering, a 4" iPhone A7 5S type devices with a 13MP camera, a finger scanner and large storage options as their main product, and a 5" large screened version of that main product as an additional high end option. And I'd like to see a better value proposition on their main product. It's crazy to think the 5 cost me almost €700, and that was the 16GB model!

We need a budget iPhone at around €349, the main iPhone at €499 (599 & 699), and the large iPhone at €599 (699 & 799). I know that won't happen, but the iPhone would sell in incredible numbers at those price points.

I don't want to repeat what I've already stated with regards software improvements, but they'd be nice, too.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #196 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

The Verge posting on 9to5 Mac's rumor has over 1200 comments. MacRumors posting over 600 comments. Cnet's over 400 comments. A lot of comments for something that doesn't matter.

And when the rumour proves true, will it matter then? Because I think it matters a lot, and that it has a definitely ring of truth to it.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #197 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOS Programmer View Post

iOS requires improvements but not a change to a boring "Flat UI". The icons with great designs, rounded edges and glass effect provide elegance and are part of the identity of iOS. Hopefully it will not convert "iOS 7" on "Windroid OS 7" because it would be very disappointing.

God.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #198 of 254
Originally Posted by poksi
[post]

 

Nice false concern. Go away.

post #199 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nice false concern. Go away.

Have a beer, man, relax, people that make a living programming on those platforms have no false concerns.

Any specific argumented reply?
post #200 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Ive just took over HI last October. I doubt he had anything to do with previous OS X design. Can we at least wait until we see the new software before we proclaim he has no clue about it? As far as we know the same people who worked for Forstall are still there. I highly doubt they'd ship junk just because Ive told them to do so. Plus the rumor that Rene Ritchie reported a while back claimed Ive's changes were making people "really happy". Might not make the pro skeuomorphic crowd happy but that doesn't mean it's crap.


I wish you were right, but i doubt....official date and influence of second most important VP are not one and the same.

Then there are very bad relations between Forstall and Ive. Over CEO? Don't think so. I'd say Ive wanted iOS to follow changes in design of OS X that have Ive's watermark all over it. GUI started to look like Mac unibody..., While it looks great on the outside ir looks like NExtstep with larger resolution on inside....

AnywAy, I hope, i am wrng, but seeing completely unnecessary cutbacks in OS X....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Editorial: Apple's iOS 7 needs exclusive, distinctive features, not just a flat UI
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: Apple's iOS 7 needs exclusive, distinctive features, not just a flat UI