or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Foxconn may sell own branded accessories after Apple profits dip

Foxconn may sell own branded accessories after Apple profits dip - Page 2

post #41 of 43

As expected, another 'unnamed executive' mentioned as the source for more unverified information..

These unamed executive sources sure have big mouths. Doesn't make sense to me. What is the purpose of some person relaying company secrets without letting them quote you? What do these ghost sources get out of this? Does the WSJ pay these sources, that they don't, won't or can't name, for this BS?

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

post #42 of 43
Uh-oh. My first thought was that FoxConn is going to pull another Samsung, and start leveraging their intimate knowledge of Apple devices into a competing line of their own. Perhaps tailored to the Chinese market at first. [Edit: whoops, guess I should have read page two of posts first.]
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It's not like PCs. PCs in the 80s and 90s were mere assembly operations. You buy motherboards, cases, etc and put them together. Cell phones require some design expertise - which Foxconn does not have.

You may be wrong about that.
http://www.fih-foxconn.com/services/IndustrialDesign.aspx

"...FID, established in June, 2003. Currently supports Foxconn clients’ industrial design needs and other peripheral design services.
Even though over 90% of product design services are mobile phones and accessories, FID also supports on various other portable and electronic device design activities..."
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Foxconn may sell own branded accessories after Apple profits dip