or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › WWDC 2013

WWDC 2013 - Page 4

post #121 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You're gonna stay up? Unless you're Cook/Schiller/Federighi and all psyched up, I can't see why. 

I thought you would be one of his few supporters.

post #122 of 132
Quote:

You're gonna stay up? Unless you're Cook/Schiller/Federighi and all psyched up, I can't see why. 

Yeah, why not... After Warm Bodies I'll play some pc games or gather wwdc coverage live coverage sources for tomorrow.

Got the Sims3, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock so that should waste my time... and you're right. I would be all worked up if I was the one presenting tomorrow.

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

post #123 of 132
Originally Posted by hmm View Post
I thought you would be one of his few supporters.

I can't get happy about things anymore. lol.gif

Probably would've been a few years back.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

post #124 of 132

Live blogs (few video streams) for WWDC in case any one hasn't been able to find decent sources or they're too lazy to.

APPLE Straight to the keynote, live video coverage.

THE VERGE - My favorite source. Get some commentary from the live event with it. Used it for last years WWDC, This years D11.

ENGADGET

GIGAOM

TECHNO BUFFALO

ICLARIFIED

ARS TECHNICA

CNET

CHRISTIAN TODAY - Live Video Coverage - Never used them, will check them out tomorrow.

TECHCRUNCH

LTK TV - USTREAM Channel Video Feed

Edited by darkdefender - 6/10/13 at 6:35am

post #125 of 132
Quote:

I can't get happy about things anymore. lol.gif

Probably would've been a few years back.

I never find hardware announcements that exciting. Sometimes I get excited about software, but it's usually a case of where it enables something that I wouldn't have deemed either doable or practical with prior software.

post #126 of 132

Less than 12 hours to go.

Adobe updated Lightroom.

Apple really needs a Pro event (if not WWDC).

An update to Logic (and Aperture) is way, way, way overdue.  Toss in some new features for FCPX.  Have some heavyweight guests so that the people online who call themselves "pros" yet spend hour after hour complaining as opposed to actually working will have to at least pause.

Edited by Bergermeister - 6/10/13 at 12:28am

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #127 of 132

LIVE STREAM

Apple to live stream to Apple TV!

My TV is in a different room...

EDIT

AND ONLINE

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

Edited by Bergermeister - 6/10/13 at 5:19am

post #128 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Less than 12 hours to go.

Adobe updated Lightroom.

Apple really needs a Pro event (if not WWDC).

An update to Logic (and Aperture) is way, way, way overdue.  Toss in some new features for FCPX.  Have some heavyweight guests so that the people online who call themselves "pros" yet spend hour after hour complaining as opposed to actually working will have to at least pause.

Also, Apple should buy Luxology/The Foundry; make Modo the new Apple 3D software and combine the best parts of Shake & Nuke/NukeX into Phenomenon…

Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
post #129 of 132

A very nice presentation overall.

post #130 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

A very nice presentation overall.

I liked the fact we were right about everything.

G4 Cube Mac Pro... Done.... an even smaller Mac Pro that looks like a one of those fruit and vegetable ninja choppers.

Wifi AC on a new Macbook... Done.

iRadio... Done.

Maps on Mac OS X.... Done.

Airdrop on iOS 7... Done.

Two small complaints...

The battery percentage font is different than the time font, and those circles that signify carrier neutrality really bothered me during the keynote.

Also the music player in iTunes is white and red... it should be black and grey like iOS 5ish and before. Song lists should have a black background and white thin fonts similar to those used in the weather app.

Also that call text might be a bad thing if they don't add drop shadow to it to images that are white.

It feels like they threw out everything Steve Jobs believed in design for a simple white UI... which will drain battery a lot faster. Nonetheless, it's great..

post #131 of 132
Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post

You missed the really big problem here (though you're right; combating "too large" drop shadows by making them objectively too small was wrong)…

post #132 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post

I never find hardware announcements that exciting. Sometimes I get excited about software, but it's usually a case of where it enables something that I wouldn't have deemed either doable or practical with prior software.

To me tho, I find that my life has changed so much just because one dumb ass, decided to work with Bill Gates, and selected all his software, instead of working with someone else, 1983, which created a chain effect of others doing the same, till some guy said, what about this Steve Jobs guy  That dumb ass' decision has impacted my life and the lives of others so much in the last 30 years it's sick!  The fact that people will get a grip and understand that Desktop Computers and Laptop Computers are not going away, and they are going to be supported, especially because they didn't merge iOS and OSX.

It is so exciting that Apple is still Apple.  We were in a lull for a while, with all the media saying it's an tablet world... desktop sales are dropping it's over it's over blah blah

Adobe Systems - "Preventing the Case-Sensitive revolution everyday..."
Adobe Systems - "Preventing the Case-Sensitive revolution everyday..."
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › WWDC 2013