or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Best Buy launches limited-time trade-in program, $150 credit for iPhone 4 or 4S, free iPhone 5

Best Buy launches limited-time trade-in program, $150 credit for iPhone 4 or 4S, free iPhone 5

post #1 of 35
Best Buy this weekend will launch a one-day promotion giving iPhone 4 and 4S owners the chance to upgrade to the iPhone 5 for free, provided they're ready to trade in their existing devices.

iphones

On Saturday, Best Buy customers will be able to take advantage of a one-day deal to trade in either of the two previous iPhone models for the latest one, according to CNet. Trading in an iPhone 4 or 4S will result in a $150 trade-in credit, which will be applied toward the purchase of an iPhone 5.

Last week, the electronics retailer discounted the iPhone 5 to a price of $150 for a 16GB model. With the trade-in credit, the only costs customers will incur are applicable sales taxes and carrier activation fees.

In order to take advantage of the credit, customers must be eligible for an upgrade, and they must activate the iPhone 5 on a two-year contract with Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint. The trade-in credit isn't available online, either, so customers will have to enter a physical Best Buy store on Saturday.
post #2 of 35

Get 'em hooked now so that they don't buy the 7th model in October. Great thinking, Best Buy!

irked.gif

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #3 of 35

$150 for your 4S.  What a deal.  The going rate is at least twice that.  

post #4 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Get 'em hooked now so that they don't buy the 7th model in October. Great thinking, Best Buy!

irked.gif

It is called clearing their old inventory, so when next model is released, Bestbuy are not sitting on a massive amount of stock. Of course shame on BestBuy for thinking about their own financial situation and not Apple. Most probably, Apple would be happy with  this practice. Not everyone wants the latest and greatest version, since the person may not be able to afford the latest cost, but keeping them in the Apple brand is the next best thing.

Edited by souliisoul - 5/31/13 at 2:36pm
post #5 of 35

Funny, the BestBuy site linked to in the article describes a "trade-in plus" program, where you can get the "full trade in value of your phone plus $50 when you upgrade your mobile phone".  The links on their site say a iPhone 4S in "good" condition is worth $220 ($231 if perfect), so you'd end up with a gift card worth $270 - $281.  An even better deal than the $150 promised in the AI story.  Hmm.

On the other hand, $58 + $50 for an iPhone 4 in "poor" condition isn't quite as good a deal as promised by the above AI story.  Not sure how to claim the $150.

post #6 of 35
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post
Of course shame on BestBuy for thinking about their own financial situation and not Apple.

Who said anything about Apple or their financial situation?

Not everyone wants the latest and greatest version, since the person may not be able to afford the latest cost…

Still upset that Apple couldn't care less about making a $50 phone, huh? Funny that you tiptoe around acknowledging the iPhone 4S would be great for that situation.

post #7 of 35

"qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent."

-- B. Franklin.

post #8 of 35
Quote:

Who said anything about Apple or their financial situation?

Still upset that Apple couldn't care less about making a $50 phone, huh? Funny that you tiptoe around acknowledging the iPhone 4S would be great for that situation.

Why am I upset, this is just forum to voice comments, you take things personally and not very objective. Low cost iPhone does not mean a cost of $50, just price right to increase market share in India at faster rate.
post #9 of 35
Low cost iPhone does not mean a cost of $50, just price right to increase market share in India at faster rate.

But of course $300 off-contract is also completely unacceptable for some reason, right?

post #10 of 35
Quote:

But of course $300 off-contract is also completely unacceptable for some reason, right?

Listen I know nothing about USA and India does not like contract option, tried and failed, so calm down and focus. Again not commenting about USA, you seen to be mixing your arguments.
Edited by souliisoul - 5/31/13 at 3:38pm
post #11 of 35
Quote:

irked.gif

so what model of what phone? For the iPhone.......it is rumored that they will announce the iPhone 5s at the WWDC on June 10th. This following the iPhone 5 of course....it is also rumored that next year Apple will release the iPhone 6......

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

Tallest Skil:

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

post #12 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip1ex View Post

$150 for your 4S.  What a deal.  The going rate is at least twice that.  

Yes, sell it yourself on eBay or use a service like www.Gazelle.com instead.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #13 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

so what model of what phone? For the iPhone.......it is rumored that they will announce the iPhone 5s at the WWDC on June 10th. This following the iPhone 5 of course....it is also rumored that next year Apple will release the iPhone 6......

It's easier if you count on your fingers: whatever they call it, the next one they release will be the seventh iteration.  That's what he meant.

post #14 of 35

Obtain your panties individually. Nothing I said was incorrect, subjectively or objectively, no matter how you try to lie about it this time. 

post #15 of 35
Quote:

Obtain your panties individually. Nothing I said was incorrect, subjectively or objectively, no matter how you try to lie about it this time. 

What?.....panties? What...you are not making sense.........Nothing I said even remotely confusing....even for you. What was the lie you mentioned?

Here is what I said below...I have no idea where your comments are coming from....but you make no sense at all....

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Edited by geekdad - 5/31/13 at 7:25pm

Tallest Skil:

Tallest Skil:

post #16 of 35
Quote:

It seems to me your are  negative person, who does not know how to let go of previous discussion once it ends and your dislike carries over into the next discussion. Your comment is technical right iPhone, iPhone 2, iPhone 3, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 (maybe iPhone 5s), so would be  7th model, since the introduction of iPhone.

No need to be rude with your comments, as I said double standards by you.

post #17 of 35
Nothing I said even remotely confusing...

Nor did I say it was. In fact, I understood what you said better than you're pretending to have. Knock it off. And the personal attacks.

…who does not know how to let go of previous discussion once it ends and your dislike carries over into the next discussion.

You meant to quote geekdad. In all seriousness; I can't remember conversation to conversation, but one look at him will tell you he fits this bill perfectly.

post #18 of 35
Quote:

Nor did I say it was. In fact, I understood what you said better than you're pretending to have. Knock it off. And the personal attacks.

You meant to quote geekdad. In all seriousness; I can't remember conversation to conversation, but one look at him will tell you he fits this bill perfectly.

I have not attacked you personally once. You are confusing asking for an explanation of your statements with attacks.....they are different. You make statements people ask for clarification or why and what you meant by those statements....its called discussion......that's why we are here.....

You are the negative person. You constantly bully and insult people. You deleted posts you disagree with. This is publicly known and discussed. You do this in the dark with no discussion and no notification. You are not going to bully me anymore....no intimidation anymore. All anyone has to do is look up you posts and how you respond to people. You are rude and nasty...telling people you disagree with to leave the site....we have all seen it......

So no....I am not negative.......but not going to take crap from you anymore. 

Tallest Skil:

Tallest Skil:

post #19 of 35
I have not attacked you personally once. You are confusing asking for an explanation of your statements with attacks.....they are different. You make statements people ask for clarification or why and what you meant by those statements....its called discussion......that's why we are here.....

You are the negative person. You constantly bully and insult people. You deleted posts you disagree with. This is publicly known and discussed. You do this in the dark with no discussion and no notification. You are not going to bully me anymore....no intimidation anymore. All anyone has to do is look up you posts and how you respond to people. You are rude and nasty...telling people you disagree with to leave the site....we have all seen it......

So no....I am not negative.......but not going to take crap from you anymore. 

Enjoy that fantasy!

What's publicly known is you've a vendetta against me because of one instance you refused to admit you were wrong. It's in your signature, even. How pathetic.

post #20 of 35
Quote:

Enjoy that fantasy!

What's publicly known is you've a vendetta against me because of one instance you refused to admit you were wrong. It's in your signature, even. How pathetic.

What is publicly know is how you berate people who disagree with you. It is public knowledge how you delete peoples posts that don't conform to your narrow PoV. There was a feedback thread dedicated to it...but it looks like it was deleted...what a surprise. Do you want to talk signatures? You are so childish......look at your signature. I mean if you have to put something like that in a public signature....well it usually means the opposite.

Then who is Crowley? No disrespect to Crowley. but He/she or your pet....how do they know?

For my sig.....you made those contradicting statements then went back and deleted posts that challenged you on it.....

Tallest Skil:

Tallest Skil:

post #21 of 35
It is public knowledge how you delete peoples posts that don't conform to your narrow PoV. There was a feedback thread dedicated to it...but it looks like it was deleted...what a surprise.

lol. That's really all I have to say. Talk about deluded.

Do you want to talk signatures? You are so childish......look at your signature. I mean if you have to put something like that in a public signature....well it usually means the opposite.

Then who is Crowley? No disrespect to Crowley. but He/she or your pet....how do they know?

"I have not attacked you personally once", oh, that's comedy gold!

For my sig.....you made those contradicting statements then went back and deleted posts that challenged you on it.....

For the ninth time, the statements are not contradictory, I did not delete posts challenging it, and I proved to you how they weren't contradictory; you chose to ignore said proof. It's the Internet; you can apparently do that here.

post #22 of 35
Quote:

lol. That's really all I have to say. Talk about deluded.

"I have not attacked you personally once", oh, that's comedy gold!

For the ninth time, the statements are not contradictory, I did not delete posts challenging it, and I proved to you how they weren't contradictory; you chose to ignore said proof. It's the Internet; you can apparently do that here.

Where is the moderator feedback thread? Did you delete it? Are you still a moderator? How many other sites have you been banned from for doing the same things I posted earlier?

Tallest Skil:

Tallest Skil:

post #23 of 35
Hahaha JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
comments today are funny
post #24 of 35
Originally Posted by commentssf View Post
Hahaha JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
comments today are funny

Kramer?

post #25 of 35
Quote:

Kramer?

NOOoooo! Springer! 1smile.gif
post #26 of 35

Tallest Skil,

This is third discussion (I know of) that you have derailed the discussions with personal comments to someone and everyone has lose their train of thought and focused on your negative comments. Just a suggestion, leave personal comments out of your feedback and just provide your opinions/facts and probably not have so much drama.

Maybe you feed off drama, but anyway just a suggestion.

As for next iPhone, I really hope it is not called iPhone 5s, since it implies a very small improvement in hardware/software, but in fact there will be updated iOS and from all accounts major improvement in performance.

Just one link providing some guesswork on next iPhone http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/smartphones/1296784/iphone-5s-release-date-specs-features-price-rumours

post #27 of 35
Tallest Skil,

This is third discussion (I know of) that you have derailed the discussions with personal comments to someone and everyone has lose their train of thought and focused on your negative comments. Just a suggestion, leave personal comments out of your feedback and just provide your opinions/facts and probably not have so much drama.

So you don't have a rebuttal to what I've said. Got it.

As for next iPhone, I really hope it is not called iPhone 5s, since it implies a very small improvement in hardware/software, but in fact there will be updated iOS and from all accounts major improvement in performance.

That's what every single iPhone is, and yet they still use the same names.

post #28 of 35

Why all the negative comments? I took an iPhone 4 in with the home button barely working (was using virtual on-screen home button) and was able to get an iPhone 5 as a graduation gift for my child. (The i4 was my passed down phone already and glad to finally have it off our hands!) It was the perfect opportunity to give a brand new, working iPhone to my deserving child. I don't have the iPhone 5. I'm waiting for the next generation release later this year.

post #29 of 35
Quote:

So you don't have a rebuttal to what I've said. Got it.

That's what every single iPhone is, and yet they still use the same names.

Rebuttal for what? Hard to believe you were once a moderator..god help those people, you did not agree with.

post #30 of 35
Quote:

Rebuttal for what? Hard to believe you were once a moderator..god help those people, you did not agree with.

He was banned from other Apple websites when he was a moderator. You can see why! But just because it does not say Moderator under his name....that does not mean he does not have moderator access. He could have just removed that himself. He could still be a moderator. But he has been banned from a lot of other sites for doing the same things he does here...........

http://stuff-appletards-say.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html#!/p/blog-page.html

Tallest Skil:

Tallest Skil:

post #31 of 35
Rebuttal for what? 

… To what do rebuttals reply? My stars. You know my position. 

What do you think of the new $399 iPhone rumor? Too expensive? I highly doubt it.

He could have just removed that himself.

That would imply Huddler has features.lol.gif Enjoy your paranoid conspiracies, man. Whatever floats your boat.

It's hilarious that people have nothing better to do than create hate sites about me. I use 'people' lightly here.

post #32 of 35
Quote:

… To what do rebuttals reply? My stars. You know my position. 

What do you think of the new $399 iPhone rumor? Too expensive? I highly doubt it.

That would imply Huddler has features.lol.gif Enjoy your paranoid conspiracies, man. Whatever floats your boat.

It's hilarious that people have nothing better to do than create hate sites about me. I use 'people' lightly here.

so your not banned on Mac Rumors or 9 to 5? or any of the other sites for doing what you have been accused of doing here? Delteing posts that you disgaree with with.....looks like a pattern of behavior to me.... Where did the moderator feedback thread go? Did you delete it? Covering your tracks?

Edited by geekdad - 6/3/13 at 3:09pm

Tallest Skil:

Tallest Skil:

post #33 of 35
so your not banned on Mac Rumors or 9 to 5? or any of the other sites for doing what you have been accused of doing here? Delteing posts that you disgaree with with.....looks like a pattern of behavior to me.... Where did the moderator feedback thread go? Did you delete it? Covering your tracks?

Take your personal vendettas to PMs, please.

post #34 of 35
Quote:

Take your personal vendettas to PMs, please.

I have not attacked you personally....it is way past PMs. I came to souliissoul defense because you were rude. Everything else I have said is true and you know it.

Tallest Skil:

Tallest Skil:

post #35 of 35
I have not attacked you personally...

1rolleyes.gif

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Best Buy launches limited-time trade-in program, $150 credit for iPhone 4 or 4S, free iPhone 5
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Best Buy launches limited-time trade-in program, $150 credit for iPhone 4 or 4S, free iPhone 5