or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Supposed Apple 'iPhone 5S' components again hint at new gold color option

Supposed Apple 'iPhone 5S' components again hint at new gold color option

post #1 of 32
Speculation that Apple's follow-up to the iPhone 5 is imminent got a boost on Monday, as new images of supposed components emerged, adding to the impression that Apple's production efforts for its next smartphone are already underway with brand new color options.

iMacs

The images first emerged on Chinese site Weibo (via NoWhereElse.fr, appearing to contrast purported iPhone 5S components with corresponding parts from an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S. Notably, the "iPhone 5S" parts are the same color as those that showed up in mid-May, leading some to presume that Apple will offer its next iPhone with multiple color options beyond black and white.

iMacs

The power button, SIM card tray, volume rocker, and mute switch shown in the leak are each rather similar to each other, suggesting that the supposed iPhone 5S will not see significant design changes from the iPhone 5's look. The internal components also shown off in the shots suggest little regarding the purported device's capabilities.

iMacs

The iPhone 5 launched to record sales only just over eight months ago, but industry observers and Apple fans have been talking about its follow-up almost since then. Some speculated that Apple would launch the next iPhone this summer, cutting down on the time between models much as it did with the fourth-generation iPad. Such talk appeared to die down, though, when Apple CEO Tim Cook hinted at the fall of 2013 for when to expect new iOS devices.

iMacs

Should the new iPhone debut over the summer, Apple could unveil it during the keynote at its WWDC conference next week. Apple in recent years, though, has taken to showing off new iOS devices at their own special events. This year's WWDC, however, will likely see the unveiling of new versions of iOS and Mac OS X.
post #2 of 32

Holy cow, someone actually took a picture with a ruler this time! Keep it up!

post #3 of 32
Ive is a chav?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #4 of 32
LOL Tallest Skil, you funny man.

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

post #5 of 32
Sir, if i may venture an opinion...it's the 3-CPO model.
post #6 of 32

I notice in the top shot wherein we can see the three types of trays side by side, that the one for the 4s is completely the wrong colour, which suggests that the colour is off (over saturated and more red), for the entire image.  

It's also weird that the people giving us these photos have that "icolouros" branding.  It's almost as if that company is the one providing us with colour options and not Apple at all.  It doesn't make much sense as presented to me.  It doesn't make much sense that Apple will offer colour options on the high end models either as it will make them "cheaper" looking, not more desirable, whereas colours on a cheap plastic model kind of makes sense.  

post #7 of 32
The gold color is for the Indian market. Can I get a what what. Can I get a hey hey.
post #8 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I notice in the top shot wherein we can see the three types of trays side by side, that the one for the 4s is completely the wrong colour, which suggests that the colour is off (over saturated and more red), for the entire image.  

It's also weird that the people giving us these photos have that "icolouros" branding.  It's almost as if that company is the one providing us with colour options and not Apple at all.  It doesn't make much sense as presented to me.  It doesn't make much sense that Apple will offer colour options on the high end models either as it will make them "cheaper" looking, not more desirable, whereas colours on a cheap plastic model kind of makes sense.  

I think Gazoobee is right. It's very possible that icolours is a company that provides custom colours for your phone and this is not from Apple. They could have just taken iPhone 5 parts and colourized them. Maybe this is them (http://www.icolour.dk)? Note the custom colour iphones.

“What would I do? I’d shut Apple down and give the money back to the shareholders”

Michael Dell - 1997

“What would I do? I’d shut Apple down and give the money back to the shareholders”

Michael Dell - 1997

post #9 of 32
In a new partnership with Walt Disney's Lucas Films...Apple presents...
The iPhone 5S...The "S" is for STAR WARS
Available in...
R2D2 White
C3PO Gold
Vader Black
post #10 of 32

I think we have seen this type of "leaked" information before from these types of companies.

It is really just guerrilla marketing.

post #11 of 32

why do the 4S parts look bronze?

post #12 of 32
Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post
Maybe this is them (http://www.icolour.dk)? Note the custom colour iphones.

Why… wouldn't it be the company that actually has the domain of the name in the image? You know, the Chinese one whose site is mysteriously down right now.

post #13 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieWallieWhiskers View Post

why do the 4S parts look bronze?

iPhone 4S = Steel

iPhone 5 = Aluminum

post #14 of 32

Hmmm.  So if there's an optional gold color for the aluminum enclosure, what color would the front / back glass panels be?  White for a white/gold look?  Black for a black/gold look?  Or could there be some other glass color option to match the anodized aluminum gold, if there really is a gold option?

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

post #15 of 32
Those colors actually look pretty slick. Pretty unique compared to whats out there. I'd definitely go for the bronze option.
post #16 of 32
Gold color. Wow. Pace of technological change in modern times takes your breath away lol.
post #17 of 32
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post
Gold color. Wow. Pace of technological change in modern times takes your breath away lol.

Oh, shut up.

post #18 of 32
I'd love a product red or deep steel blue.
post #19 of 32
Yea - the Indian market.
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

In a new partnership with Walt Disney's Lucas Films...Apple presents...
The iPhone 5S...The "S" is for STAR WARS
Available in...
R2D2 White
C3PO Gold
Vader Black

....they won't be able to produce enough of them! :-)

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesupertramp View Post

The gold color is for the Indian market. Can I get a what what. Can I get a hey hey.

No. It's for a particular Bond villain, who loves gold.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #22 of 32
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

"I love goooooooooooooooooooooooooold…"

post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

No, Mr. Ive, I expect you to 'i'.

(That's all I've got. I'm sure GTR has something better.)

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #24 of 32
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
No, Mr. Ive, I expect you to 'i'.

(That's all I've got. I'm sure GTR has something better.)

Bah, I can't mold any of his quotes into anything relevant…

post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

It doesn't make much sense that Apple will offer colour options on the high end models either as it will make them "cheaper" looking, not more desirable, whereas colours on a cheap plastic model kind of makes sense.  

That would assume the vast majority of iPhone buyers are elistic pricks. Despite the high preponderous of such people on this site, I don't think most of the purchasing public is like that. I see plenty of women walking around with iPhones in cases with bunny ears and bedazzled to the point the phone won't lie flat. I doubt they're going to be put off if the next iPhone comes in pink, red or neon green. In fact, I think it might increase sales on the high end as people discover the colors are only avaiable on that model. Beyond that, you may have noticed that most iPhone cases are neither black nor white, so I really doubt many people are going to forego an iPhone purchase simply because it comes in more than just black and white.
post #26 of 32

I will buy the "Gold" iPhone 5!  But why does someone what it in gray/Platinum?  I guess it takes all kinds huh?  But if Apple wait till September to announce it and release it in October; it a long, long time away!  Too long for most buyers who may jump ship to Galaxy S4 or HTC One or even Nokia's 925.   I hoping they announce the release the last day of the June developer's conference in SF.

post #27 of 32
Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post
But if Apple wait till September to announce it and release it in October; it a long, long time away!  Too long for most buyers who may jump ship to Galaxy S4 or HTC One or even Nokia's 925.   I hoping they announce the release the last day of the June developer's conference in SF.

Absolutely will not happen. And no, it's not a too long. Do you not know how Apple works? One. iPhone. Per. Year.

post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Hmmm.  So if there's an optional gold color for the aluminum enclosure, what color would the front / back glass panels be?  White for a white/gold look?  Black for a black/gold look?  Or could there be some other glass color option to match the anodized aluminum gold, if there really is a gold option?

I don't think it's Apple that will do the colors. The same company showed colored models a while ago:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/08/31/new-photos-of-assembled-iphone-5-leak-out-of-china-taller-thinner-stronger/

They maybe do custom color mods like these:

There's no reason for Apple to do multi-colored iPhones.
post #29 of 32

… No, seriously, am I the first one to manage to make it to the icoloros website? And translate it? And see what they do?

THEY DO CUSTOM COLORED CASES. There is no story here. There is zero evidence this is an Apple part and tons of evidence it's one of theirs.

And why did no one actually look at the parts themselves? The externality of the buttons in that image are BLUE, not gold; the internal case metal is a different color because you don't see that and I'm certain it's of lower quality metal or whatever. 

post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… No, seriously, am I the first one to manage to make it to the icoloros website? And translate it? And see what they do?

I googled it but I missed the link because the abbreviation on the top one was in Chinese. I'm used to those links all being spammy ad-revenue links.
post #31 of 32
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I googled it but I missed the link because the abbreviation on the top one was in Chinese. I'm used to those links all being spammy ad-revenue links.

The site itself was also down when the thread was first posted, so it's more of a 'followup', I guess.

post #32 of 32
I think the parts in the first photo for the iPhone 4S and 5 are reversed. That appears to be more like of the black version of the iPhone 5, and the other buttons are the simple silver iPhone 4S.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Supposed Apple 'iPhone 5S' components again hint at new gold color option
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Supposed Apple 'iPhone 5S' components again hint at new gold color option