or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Safari window resizing tremendously slow under Mountain Lion?

Safari window resizing tremendously slow under Mountain Lion?

post #1 of 8

C2D 2.4GHz/Nvidia 320M/4GB RAM

Safari, even with just a single tab open, is really chunky resizing under ML. I can literally count the frames out while I resize, either with the window edges or the green button. I don't recall this under Snow Leopard. If I just have the new tab window open it resizes quickly, but even one tab (anything, youtube, BBC, you name it) will make it chunky as anything. 

Non-safari windows are fine. 

Windows on the same system is fast as anything. 

post #2 of 8

Tipoo, I thought it was just me going mad.

I have a top of the line iMac with 8 gigs of ram, 3.4 gig i7 and a 680MX, yet corner pulling a Safari window is insanely choppy.

What's going on?

Anyone?

(Yes, you're right, other windows are snappy...but Safari is chop city.)

Lemon Bon Bon.

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

post #3 of 8

Glad I'm not alone, sorry you're having the problem though. I can't remember if it was there with previous 10.8 releases, can you? 

post #4 of 8

Huh, seems much better with 10.8.4, not completely fixed but it's like 80% where I would want it. 

post #5 of 8

I'll resurrect this. I have the top of the line MacBook Air and anytime I resize a Safari window it jumps sizes instead of doing it smoothly. Zero issues in Firefox. Anyone sort this out?

post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by velo View Post

I'll resurrect this. I have the top of the line MacBook Air and anytime I resize a Safari window it jumps sizes instead of doing it smoothly. Zero issues in Firefox. Anyone sort this out?

As I said the last update made it better, it's still not perfectly smooth but it's 70-80% there now. 

post #7 of 8

I have the latest update and the issue is still just as bad....

post #8 of 8

Hmm, I don't think I did anything besides that, I may have removed all extensions, cleared out the cache and everything safari can clear, and then got my extensions back. As I said even the newest release isn't perfect though, just better. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Safari window resizing tremendously slow under Mountain Lion?