or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Galaxy S4 tops sales at Verizon, Sprint & T-Mobile stores; Apple's iPhone 5 leads at AT&T

Galaxy S4 tops sales at Verizon, Sprint & T-Mobile stores; Apple's iPhone 5 leads at AT&T - Page 3

post #81 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Bingo. For further examples, see here.

That list doesn't leave much room for critique or statement of alternative preference. It almost seems that the only way NOT to be labelled a troll is to post only praise for Apple.

Or maybe that's just my interpretation, biased by my love/hate relationship with Apple. I keep buying their stuff, mostly because I prefer their operating systems over the alternatives, but many of their hardware decisions drive me crazy and often make me wish there was another choice as I'm giving them my credit card number...

post #82 of 88
Originally Posted by v5v View Post
It almost seems that the only way NOT to be labelled a troll is to post only praise for Apple.

"Almost", but not really.

…many of their hardware decisions drive me crazy and often make me wish there was another choice as I'm giving them my credit card number…

Heck, I feel the same way sometimes. Why they haven't been the first to adopt every new release of OpenGL for the past ten years, I don't know. Why they don't want to give us absolutely ludicrous amounts of vRAM even if the GPU isn't (and shouldn't be, really) top of the line, I don't know. Why Apple isn't pump-and-dumping Thunderbolt into the industry to force the death of USB and all video-specific ports out there, I don't know.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

post #83 of 88
Quote:

You speak from the standpoint of someone who knows what they're doing, not a layman. Put yourself in a layman's shoes. And you ignored compatibility, of course. 

Agreed. Plus the "I don't wanna" factor. I could learn new commands and procedures relatively easily, but I don't wanna. I already deal with all kinds of changes in my life; don't add to the pile. I'm busy, distracted and a little bit lazy. If you make checking my messages too much different than the way it is now I'm gonna bitch and whine and flood Apple's support line with stupid questions.

post #84 of 88
Quote:

Why the heck do you double space after sentences? It's not 1993.

That was hammered into me as "good form." Has that changed?

post #85 of 88
That was hammered into me as "good form." Has that changed?

I remember it changing in the mid '90s, personally. 1hmm.gif Rather, that there was a stigma about it then. I've never done it, myself. You don't do it in writing, for example.

Edited by Tallest Skil - 6/8/13 at 12:01pm

post #86 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Product cycles are about to begin, lets give Apple a chance to fire its guns.

That is, of course, part of what the critics are complaining about -- how long they perceive it is taking for Apple to fire.

Lots of people have made perfectly valid arguments explaining and justifying the existing release cycle as completely reasonable, but it's understandable how one might become frustrated as competitors release cool new products and Apple says "Just wait 'til Christmas!"

post #87 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake_William_Shatner View Post

[...] People using the Galaxy might use the voice command feature a bit, and the maps, and stream music and check email and the web, buy tickets and make phone calls -- they DON'T use it like an iPhone.

That sounds like more than I do with my iPhone. Contrary to what you're saying, isn't that EXACTLY how people use an iPhone? What do iPhone users do that's different?

post #88 of 88
Quote:

That sounds like more than I do with my iPhone. Contrary to what you're saying, isn't that EXACTLY how people use an iPhone? What do iPhone users do that's different?

Well the iPhone does have a very strong vibrating ringer. 1wink.gif
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Galaxy S4 tops sales at Verizon, Sprint & T-Mobile stores; Apple's iPhone 5 leads at AT&T
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Galaxy S4 tops sales at Verizon, Sprint & T-Mobile stores; Apple's iPhone 5 leads at AT&T