or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's removal of built-in YouTube iOS app contributes to tripling of mobile ad sales

Apple's removal of built-in YouTube iOS app contributes to tripling of mobile ad sales - Page 2

post #41 of 52
"plus it threw iOS users under the bus"

explain??? Really confused by that. Baffled actually
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanie248 View Post

"plus it threw iOS users under the bus"

explain??? Really confused by that. Baffled actually

Where you were once protected you now aren't. As a native app Google had to agree to Apple's terms, no ads and more privacy. Now each user has to agree to Google's term individually which means ads and less privacy.
Edited by dasanman69 - 6/7/13 at 7:03am
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #43 of 52
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Their track record. iTunes for Windows manages a iDevice. It would've been phenomenally stupid of them no not make a windows version and they wouldn't be the company they are today without it, but Safari never gained much traction. A good amount of youtube videos are viewed on a mobile device and seeing as how there's no iTunes for Android I doubt they'd make a video app for it either.

Created with GIMP on a Mac

Now each user has to agree to Google's term individually which means ads and less privacy.

It's Google. There's no privacy in the first place.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Though I don't see a connection that dancing goal post is hilarious.
post #45 of 52

Seems like a good outcome for almost everyone.

Google get to sell scuzzy ads

Apple aren't associated with scuzzy ads

Users get to choose if they want to install an app that shows them scuzzy ads.

Users who don't give a carp about YouTube doesn't have to suffer it being on their device by default.

The only people who don't benefit are those who want a YouTube app with no ads.  But I don't have much sympathy for free-riders.

censored

censored

post #46 of 52
Quote:
Their track record. iTunes for Windows manages a iDevice. It would've been phenomenally stupid of them no not make a windows version and they wouldn't be the company they are today without it, but Safari never gained much traction. A good amount of youtube videos are viewed on a mobile device and seeing as how there's no iTunes for Android I doubt they'd make a video app for it either.

OK. Thanks for confirming that it was a stupid question you had asked in the first place.

post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

OK. Thanks for confirming that it was a stupid question you had asked in the first place.

Happy to oblige.
post #48 of 52

I'm most likely in the minority, but once YouTube was taken out of iOS, I only watch their videos the the Apple TV app.  It's still ad free.  If the Apple TV app is ever done away with I'll just stop watching things on YouTube all together.  I have zero interest in watching ads.

post #49 of 52
Originally Posted by yensid98 View Post
I'm most likely in the minority, but once YouTube was taken out of iOS, I only watch their videos the the Apple TV app.  It's still ad free.  If the Apple TV app is ever done away with I'll just stop watching things on YouTube all together.  I have zero interest in watching ads.

AdBlock on the desktop blocks all YouTube ads, even the ones before videos, when combined with Click2Flash.

post #50 of 52
Quote:

I predict a revolution in the re-popularity of handwritten snail mail.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #51 of 52
Quote:

Kind of funny that this was posted the day before the PRISM scandal was leaked.

post #52 of 52
Quote:

AdBlock on the desktop blocks all YouTube ads, even the ones before videos, when combined with Click2Flash.

Changing the www. to nsfw. before a YouTube clip on the desktop means you don't have to log in to "verify your age" on age restricted clips

I logged out of everything Google and deleted all their programs on my MacBook months ago.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's removal of built-in YouTube iOS app contributes to tripling of mobile ad sales