I assure you all: you would not be happy with induction charging for at least the following reasons:
1) When charging from a cable, one can still easily hold the phone and do whatever he wishes while it charges: type, play games, talk on the phone (I know, no one does this anymore), leave it next to you on the bed for a sleep cycle monitor…etc. Why would anyone want to hold an induction pad to the back of the phone to use it while charging it? This is the Number one deal breaker for inductive charging
2) Cable charging works great in a moving car or boat, the iPhone would slip off an inductive charger frequently.
3) Inductive charging is is inefficient—current iPhones can be charged with tiny solar panels (camping, sailboats etc—yes many of us do this.)
4) Inductive charging is slower, who the hell wants that?!?
5) Cord sync is still faster and more reliable. What if your phone bricks and needs a full software restore?
Originally Posted by herbapou
I wish Apple would now do induce charging since we don't need to sync with a cable anymore. I would prefer to just install pad, hide cables and just put my device on them for charging.