or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple to stream WWDC 2013 keynote to Apple TV, official website

Apple to stream WWDC 2013 keynote to Apple TV, official website

post #1 of 86
An "Apple Events" channel was quietly added to users' Apple TV main screens on Monday, along with a link on Apple's official website, revealing the company plans to allow members of the public to view a live stream of today's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote.

Events

The temporary channel and a link on the main page of Apple's website both indicate that today's event, which will begin at 1 p.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Pacific, will be available to stream online.

The highlight of today's WWDC 2013 keynote is expected to be iOS 7, Apple's next-generation mobile operating system for the iPhone and iPad. The company is also planning to show off OS X 10.9, the next major release for its Mac operating system.

Also likely on tap for today are new Macs, with a refresh of Apple's MacBook Air lineup the most likely candidate. The new notebooks are expected to receive Intel's latest-generation Haswell processors, as well as new dual microphones that will aid in voice recognition.

The Apple TV Events channel previously appeared in October of last year ahead of Apple's iPad mini event. In addition to the Apple TV, the keynote presentation was also viewable on Mac and iOS devices.

Apple TV

The WWDC 2013 keynote presentation will begin live at 1 p.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Pacific from Moscone West in San Francisco, Calif. AppleInsider will have full, live coverage of the event.

Follow AppleInsider: You can follow AppleInsider and all of this week's news out of WWDC 2013 via RSS, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or via the official AppleInsider iPhone app.
post #2 of 86
I hope they give us live streaming even if only on the Apple TV.
Actually that will be much better.

my way or the highway...

Macbook Pro i7 13" with intel SSD 320 series and 8GB RAM, iPhone 5, iPad 3 (Retina)

my way or the highway...

Macbook Pro i7 13" with intel SSD 320 series and 8GB RAM, iPhone 5, iPad 3 (Retina)

post #3 of 86
Hey what about my iPad?
post #4 of 86
It is going to by awesome.
post #5 of 86
Cool
post #6 of 86

I hope there'll be a Safari version.

post #7 of 86
Cool indeed. I used to wait for the 1080 podcast to pop up on my iTunes, but this year I want to see it live. Time to power up the little black guy, ever since I put a mini under my TV I haven't used the AppleTV much.
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
post #8 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Hey what about my iPad?

I wonder if the entire Apple TV interface might not become a single app for both iOS and OS X in the near future ... why not?
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
post #9 of 86
Haha. Everybody without Apple TV, buy one. Haha
post #10 of 86
I have 2nd and 3rd gen atv's, my 2nd gen jail broken with seas0n pass and running atv flash from firecore; good stuff
post #11 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I wonder if the entire Apple TV interface might not become a single app for both iOS and OS X in the near future ... why not?

haha Front Row bombed man

post #12 of 86

Uhh, how do I watch this on Safari then? or will that snappy iOS WWDC app allow me to see it live? :)
Obviously I'm hammering http://apple.com/apple-events/june-2013  constantly

post #13 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracy713 View Post

I have 2nd and 3rd gen atv's, my 2nd gen jail broken with seas0n pass and running atv flash from firecore; good stuff

I have that same setup and it does make the ATV a versatile little setup. I wish they could have done the same with the third gen ATV. I haven't tried the new Plex media server hack on the ATV3 but may give it a go soon.
post #14 of 86

I'm totally bummed I won't be able to watch it. Don't any of you people work? 

post #15 of 86
Brothers in Australia, enjoy your 3.00 am rise!

My car keeps crashing whenever I do 150mph. It's a design flaw. People tell me to slow down and drive normally but I should be able to use it as I wish.
My car keeps crashing whenever I do 150mph. It's a design flaw. People tell me to slow down and drive normally but I should be able to use it as I wish.
post #16 of 86
Gotta run out and buy some popcorn.

This is gonna be a nice show.

OS X
iOS

Hardware

And free iPads for all.

Just kidding on the last one.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #17 of 86
Oh wow I can't waiting so excited new something the view by WWDC 2013 on Apple TV whoa yay!!
post #18 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaruoho View Post
Obviously I'm hammering http://apple.com/apple-events/june-2013  constantly

that url is now online and clickable.. it's also listed on http://www.apple.com/apple-events/

post #19 of 86
6pm in the UK. Just tying to work out how I can sneak out of work early without my boss noticing 1smile.gif
post #20 of 86

That's a nice surprise. And presumably they are doing it because there are some significant announcements...

post #21 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Gotta run out and buy some popcorn.

This is gonna be a nice show.

OS X
iOS

Hardware

And free iPads for all.

Just kidding on the last one.
Quote:

Reading yer sig, I just had to post that yer right!

Edit: 'Yer' can also be used in compound words... My late wife, Lucy, from Pittsburg, used say to me: "YerRIGnerRUNT".
Edited by Dick Applebaum - 6/10/13 at 6:16am
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #22 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbriton View Post

6pm in the UK. Just tying to work out how I can sneak out of work early without my boss noticing 1smile.gif

That was exactly my thought.... I've got a 5:30pm finish and a 35 minute drive home so I should just about get in for the start if I bend a few speed limits along the way and don't hit too much traffic :)

Can't wait to see what Jony's influence in iOS is like and what OSX is bringing in 10.9 :) 

post #23 of 86
Can you play the event from IOS, or Mac OS?
post #24 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbriton View Post

No AppleTVs at the office or the local TechPubs?

post #25 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

Can you play the event from IOS, or Mac OS?
Yes, with Safari, according to the press release..
post #26 of 86
Can i streaming the event in my PS3?
post #27 of 86
Expect a dive In AAPL tonight after WWDC .
post #28 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHarry de View Post

Or you could just watch on your Mac...

Haha. Everybody without a Mac, buy on. Haha

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

post #29 of 86
Awesome!! I will be watching it on my Apple TV and hope their servers keep up.
post #30 of 86
I think myself and most people are expecting way too much out of apple today. iOS and OSX could literally be all that's announced.

But here we are with people thinking we'll get Apple TV iOS, MacBook pros, airs, iMacs, minis, Mac pros, airports, redesigned iPad and an outside shot of a retina mini. Some even think there's a a potential Apple TV upgrade or iWatch.

I'm going to re-tame my expectations to iOS, OSX, and one of the above to be satisfied. Otherwise, it's simply unrealistic.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #31 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post

Expect a dive In AAPL tonight after WWDC .

Normally, I would agree with you. But I am betting it's going to go the other way today. (At least, that is what my options position is hoping....)
post #32 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMcM76 View Post

That was exactly my thought.... I've got a 5:30pm finish and a 35 minute drive home so I should just about get in for the start if I bend a few speed limits along the way and don't hit too much traffic :)

Can't wait to see what Jony's influence in iOS is like and what OSX is bringing in 10.9 :) 

You can do it without breaking the speed limit. Buy a roll or sticky tape (unless you have a dash holder) and tape your iPad / phone to the dash. Now you can watch while driving. best of both worlds.... I think.

post #33 of 86

bitch please, for the other people windows , linux users go to http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv

and yes, we dont have Apple Tv , Macs ...and other apple device. and yes we can watch it.

bye bye.

post #34 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Normally, I would agree with you. But I am betting it's going to go the other way today. (At least, that is what my options position is hoping....)

Nope dive sounds right. If they don't announce eveythng from the rumors then there was a 'delay' and that'll be seen as bad.

If they do, then at least one thing was a stupid move (copying MS etc). Bad

If they don't announce something that wasn't in the rumors then they failed in their secrecy claims. Bad.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

post #35 of 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I think myself and most people are expecting way too much out of apple today. iOS and OSX could literally be all that's announced.

But here we are with people thinking we'll get Apple TV iOS, MacBook pros, airs, iMacs, minis, Mac pros, airports, redesigned iPad and an outside shot of a retina mini. Some even think there's a a potential Apple TV upgrade or iWatch.

I'm going to re-tame my expectations to iOS, OSX, and one of the above to be satisfied. Otherwise, it's simply unrealistic.

Par for the course, I'm afraid. As soon as everything that has been endlessly foretold is announced this forum (and every tech article out there) will announce their disappointment at the lack of Wow!. 

post #36 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHarry de View Post

buy 2... you'll need them.

luckily I got 2 (guest room and main theater).  My wife can still watch her stuff (I won't say the source, but let's just say Transmission is my friend) Airplaying from her iPad into the the 5.1... I guess I'm off to the guest room for lunch today;-)

post #37 of 86

The news here isn’t that Apple will stream the keynote. The news is that this is another example of the app as a channel. If Apple is going to take our TVs down that road, this will serve as a demonstration to the media giants that Apple's technology works.

post #38 of 86

This is probably the biggest surprise of the whole event.

Meowwww!

post #39 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Apple is up on the rumors 20 minutes into the trading day... my guess it will dive this afternoon....

and then... trickle up the rest of the month.   last year it dropped 1% WWDC week, then went up 5% the next month.

Same for the 2011.

Same for 2010

Same for 2009.  For those whose long term memory is faltering Apple was at 144 June 5, 136 June 12 (WWDC keynote June 7), By the end of July it was 163 (+20% in 6 weeks).

post #40 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Brothers in Australia, enjoy your 3.00 am rise!

If they go flat they better come out with something great, like NOT making everything flat. 

And we better have more than just OS updates and new MBA. I really don't know how the fanboys can stand seeing Apple going down the toilet with almost no innovation.  Incremental updates with parts not even design by Apple is not innovation. After 9 months they must have something up there sleeves. Otherwise, well they are just bad, really bad.

Edited by herbapou - 6/10/13 at 7:27am
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple to stream WWDC 2013 keynote to Apple TV, official website