or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design - Page 11

post #401 of 411

Try again what?  That isn't even a coherent thought at this point.

post #402 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, try again.

It's not like I created the video.  Which parts specifically do you disagree with?

post #403 of 411
Odd. . .

On mobile TS shows as banned??

EDIT: Double-odd. So does his profile.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #404 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

I predicted the parallax feature last night in this post on MacRumors. The UI group "tat" (The Astonishing Tribe) that Blackberry brought on board for OS10, demonstrated the idea back in 2009:

What's the difference between this and 
Samsung "Share Shot" or "Group Cast" on the GS3 ?

(There's no need to bump on Samsung devices either.  That NFC method is just the quickest way to share without any setup at all.)
The feature of the 3d effect is obivosluy is not 100% new, it still is requiring good motion sensors, and descent gpu, (that sorta explains a reson not on older devices)

The other thing about wireless sharing is it is already in Mac OS, and coming to IOS, so it is not new, and is apples advertising, not samsungs tap phones...
Will someone let me know if airdrop on IOS 7, work with airdrop on mavericks?
post #405 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Odd. . .

On mobile TS shows as banned??

EDIT: Double-odd. So does his profile.

It couldn't have been something he'd said, or they'd have to ban about half the members. ;)

post #406 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM25jqhXdA

This is actually a great video.  I don't see the problem with people admitting that the mobile operating systems are sharing all the best features, and even Steve said around '95 before coming back to Apple, "good artists copy, great artists steal and we've been shameless about stealing great ideas" etc...  That's one thing I don't get with regards some of Apple's latter day issues with certain companies and products.  Steve (and now Tim) continuing to get angry about certain things feels a lot of wasted effort.. why not follow 1995 Steve Jobs and concentrate on just making great products of great ideas?

MacBook Pro 17" early-2011 with 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 64GB white

post #407 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVince View Post

I don't see the problem with people admitting that the mobile operating systems are sharing all the best features, and even Steve said around '95 before coming back to Apple, "good artists copy, great artists steal and we've been shameless about stealing great ideas" etc...  That's one thing I don't get with regards some of Apple's latter day issues with certain companies and products.  Steve (and now Tim) continuing to get angry about certain things feels a lot of wasted effort.. why not follow 1995 Steve Jobs and concentrate on just making great products of great ideas?

Because it is being taken out of context. You should read the interview in its entirety.
post #408 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Because it is being taken out of context. You should read the interview in its entirety.

I have seen the whole interview before but I'll try and find it again to understand this context you speak of. It remains a pretty clear statement / philosophy to me in any number of contexts.  

I think iOS7 does lift a few great ideas though, and see nothing wrong with it.  We want the best OS we can after all.. don't we?

post #409 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVince View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I have seen the whole interview before but I'll try and find it again to understand this context you speak of. It remains a pretty clear statement / philosophy to me in any number of contexts.  

I think iOS7 does lift a few great ideas though, and see nothing wrong with it.  We want the best OS we can after all.. don't we?

As I understand his statement, he means that they have copied great ideas as a source of inspiration. He, or Apple, clearly work on creating better products, better design, easier use of tech. When he says they have been shameless about copying, I don't think he means stealing someone else work which might even have gotten IP protection, rather building on an idea, or implementing a system way better than what they see around them.

Lookup 'rounded corners' in Steve's childhood, just when he started Apple. They had a discussion on a product and what it should look like, someone wanted it to be 'squarely' square, but Steve ran outside, looked around, and neon signs and all that, and came back in, shouting out: "everything has rounded corners".

Of course, I could be way off as Steve's mind is quite a difficult one to comprehend. Or anyone else's for that matter.

Yes, in the end, I do want the best OS!
post #410 of 411
Quote:

Try again what?

With something that isn't obvious dreck...
Quote:
That isn't even a coherent thought at this point.

No, there weren't any 'thoughts' in the video.
Quote:

It's not like I created the video.

Why would that matter? Why would I care? Why do you care?
Quote:
Which parts specifically do you disagree with?

The entirety, obviously. It's all wrong.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #411 of 411

Like many other apple enthusiasts I'd been keenly anticipating the WWDC 2013  for some weeks and I logged my first impressions as I watched the keynote on iOS7

First off I found the new look and feel of iOS 7 to be alarmingly similar to competitor products which left me feeling a bit devastated. At first it looked a lot like a 'me too' product - something I thought I'd never say about apple ... the rest of the article is in my blog post

However my deep engagement with iOS over the years (and the entire Apple ecosystem) left me feeling quite optimistic 24 hours later.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design