or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design - Page 3

post #81 of 410

Where is a preview app so that I can sync pdf's?

rmusikantow
rmusikantow
post #82 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

It looks that way to me, and that's all that counts.

I didn't realize you're the ultimate authority. Am I supposed to pay tithes to you?

Did you even watch the presentation, or are you just looking at blurry photos?

post #83 of 410

Am I the only one excited to see how settings is going to look in iOS 7 ?

post #84 of 410

I'll just leave this here until the dust settles...

Let me know when the trollage has abated..

post #85 of 410

Agreed. Safari icon needs some work.

post #86 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmarpiano View Post

Looks disgusting. Dayglo saturated colours and busy icons. Oh dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post

Not keen on this new design...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidgr View Post

Still no customized home screen.  Still no widgets.  meh

4 posts, 3 posts, 2 posts from the above 3 users...

Looks like the roller derby bus has arrived and unloaded a team of new trolls...

I can hardly wait for "Big Red" to "Jam the Pack"!
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #87 of 410
Quote:

Please, regale us with examples of your superb design talents.

Did I say I have superb design talents? I have decent talents, not superb.

Jony Ive has superb talents, that's universally recognized. 

But no, you get your armchair critics who create an account just to post trash and say "eww, fail".

post #88 of 410

He would go on tech blogs and take every poorly thought out feature and implement them.

post #89 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

What I want to know is, what is that DEVICE they are showing all the screen shots on???

http://live.appleinsider.com/Event/Live_from_Apples_WWDC_2013/78887965

Uh...an iPhone 5. You couldn't tell they simply chopped off the top and bottom?

post #90 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

90% like the cleaner look, 10% gimmick showing off the degrees of freedom and animations. Shoot the fool who signed off on Safari's icon.

Craig's constant jabs at Scott reveals how their relationship deteriorated over the years, as each person's position of rank moved up. These guys used to get a long at NeXT and Apple when they weren't executives.

Everything is a frosty view isn't wowing me. Being able to slide change the opacity in a setting somewhere with a different base color would be a nice personal touch.

Agreed. Safari icon sucks.

post #91 of 410

post #92 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

It's not flat and it looks nothing like Windows. Seriously?

Battery life increases are due to software and Haswell.

Well, I do think the new interface is very clean. I like the background effects. But its a move toward a flat interface, like windows 8. Its not exactly the same of course.  Well Android and iOS now have very different looks.

If the battery life is just achieved with Haswell, they using IGZO later on will return amazing battery life.

post #93 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

90% like the cleaner look, 10% gimmick showing off the degrees of freedom and animations. Shoot the fool who signed off on Safari's icon.

Craig's constant jabs at Scott reveals how their relationship deteriorated over the years, as each person's position of rank moved up. These guys used to get a long at NeXT and Apple when they weren't executives.

Everything is a frosty view isn't wowing me. Being able to slide change the opacity in a setting somewhere with a different base color would be a nice personal touch.

I agree entirely.  Especially about the Safari icon, what were they thinking?  

That and OS X "Mavericks" are just astoundingly bad/tacky.  Whatever made them think that the whole world is as enamoured of California and surfing as they are at Apple?  After the Sea Lion joke that preceded it, absolutely everyone in the room where I was assumed that "Mavericks" was an equally tacky joke name.  Jaws dropped when it became apparent that it wasn't. 

post #94 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zish View Post

Apple is ruined!!!useless crap!

Oh that's nice you decided to join today, just to make negative comments. Good for you :)

post #95 of 410
Device appears to be a new not released iPad doesn't it?
post #96 of 410

I really want to judge it for myself, but I'm still waiting for the developer center to load...

*twiddles thumbs*

post #97 of 410
Wow! Unbelievably awesome.. Blew away my expectations. Apple has put itself years ahead of any so called competition once again.

NB The trolls coming in here out of nowhere with their sleeper accounts to trash apple are beyond pathetic.

post #98 of 410
Quote:

My point, sweetie, is I don't like it, much to your chagrin. Sorry if I'm not a slavish Apple acolyte who readily laps up whatever crap these post-Jobs hacks want to pinch out.

If I don't like how it looks, no amount of berating from the faithful will force me to think otherwise.

That's nice, but don't waste your time here.  NEXT!

post #99 of 410

If the developer portal is any sign of interest, then results are very positive; the entire thing is down right now, I presume because of the hordes of developers trying to download IOS7 as we speak.

post #100 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

I agree on the application icons. They went too simply IMO and I kinda liked gloss. On the flip side, the fact all the apps have a very consistent look and feel is simply stunning at the system wide level. The new photo browser is great. The new camera app is nice and I am sure the iPhone will be used to share even more pics. The calendar looks like it picked up some much needed TLC.

But I think I will miss a bit of the "gloss".

You do realize, that if a dev wats a glossy effect on his App... he can now design it that way? Before, you couldn't add gloss because iOS overlayed the gloss on top of what you might have designed, creating a double-gloss.
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
post #101 of 410

Is this a new thing where accounts are created in the same day just to bash an OS? Seems awfully fishy to me.

Anyway I loved the interface design. Yeah it's a bit more colorful and simplistic, but I find it refreshing myself. Can't wait to try it out.

post #102 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPro View Post

Why pastel colors? As an adult, I was hoping for something more sophisticated and less like a ~$500 coloring book. I'll wait and see how this looks in person.

In the meantime...Kids will love it!

I love it and I am 62

post #103 of 410
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Wow. What a hideous UI. I'm still in a bit a shock from what I just witnessed.  I cannot believe Apple would even reveal an interface like this to the public. 
Originally Posted by Zish View Post
Apple is ruined!!!useless crap!

All together now: SHUT UP AND GO AWAY.

Originally Posted by Robert Hulka View Post
Device appears to be a new not released iPad doesn't it?

Not at all…

Originally Posted by koop View Post
Is this a new thing where accounts are created in the same day just to bash an OS? 

No, they've been doing it for years. Android morons.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #104 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

Multi-tasking? Since iOS 4.0. They added some new modes.

Quote:

It was there, but restricted to preserve battery life since iOS 4. 

It wasn't full multitasking until iOS 7, unless you think this new multitasking is exactly like it was before.  If that's the case please explain why they made a big deal about it in the presentation and why the attendees cheered.  It's different now.  It sucked before.  Now it doesn't suck.

post #105 of 410
Did Ive really get a standing O after that video? Business Insider says so but I don't trust them. lol.gif
post #106 of 410
Lots of nice new features there, but not too keen on some of the new icons and the frosted look of "Control Center".
post #107 of 410

When will iOS 7 be available for download?

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

post #108 of 410
Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post
When will iOS 7 be available for download?

Today for devs, when the 7th iPhone comes out in October for everyone else.

post #109 of 410
Quote:

I guess the Samsung/Google astroturfing crew is out in force today.
Yeah amazing how we see all these posts from people where it's their first post or they have a really low post count. I'm calling troll.
post #110 of 410

I was really concerned about the new "flat" design before the keynote. But man this thing is delightful and is like a breath of fresh air. It is not a flat design as most people thought. You still get a sense of depth. I love it.

post #111 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Did Ive really get a standing O after that video? Business Insider says so but I don't trust them. lol.gif

Yes, correct.

post #112 of 410
Quote:

In this thread, we'll hear from a bunch of non-designers who have poor taste and could never design anything themselves and who don't at all properly represent the mainstream public complain endlessly about "poor design". 

Sigh.

No, kidding - people who couldn't design their way out of a wet paper bag. Not to f***ing mention they haven't seen it in person yet ... faaacking fools....

Edited by nonstopdesign - 6/10/13 at 1:11pm
post #113 of 410
Quote:

iOS 7 is in no way "flat".

It is flat in plenty of ways.  It's certainly flatter than it used to be.  The design doesn't have to be completely flat in order to have elements of flat design.  I think you're hung up on some absurd idea that there is only one way to do things within any artistic style.  Contrary to that, there were many painters who used the realist style, the impressionist style, and the expressionist style but you can still easily tell two painters apart if you're familiar with art.

post #114 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbehunin View Post

Agreed. Safari icon sucks.
Wow we're really reaching when the best we can do is complain about the safari icon. lol.gif
post #115 of 410
Very exciting time to be an apple product owner - I'm so glad this company is rocking out the features and enhancements! They're going in the right direction. And it's easy to see they're laying a great foundation for future updates. The design language is very smart, and the whole package looks awesome!
post #116 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Ok first, I owe the world an apology.  I said Craig was a horrible presenter.  He's actually very good, humorous and funny.

Having said that, I hope the new look of iOS grows on me.  I'm not crazy about it so far.  There is a lot to like w/ multitasking, etc, but the icon colors and such are kinda gimmicky to me.

Probably not a popular opinion here, but it's mine and I'm entitled to it.  I am not hating on what Jonny has done, he's brilliant, but those icons...just not for me.

Craig did a great job today, in my humble opinion. Someone I'd be very happy to meet. :)

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #117 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

It wasn't full multitasking until iOS 7, unless you think this new multitasking is exactly like it was before.  If that's the case please explain why they made a big deal about it in the presentation and why the attendees cheered.  It's different now.  It sucked before.  Now it doesn't suck.

Duh, that's what I said, and what was said at the presentation.

iOS always had multitasking (which is why you could ALWAYS listen to music whilst doing something else, i.e. multitasking). This was ONLY for native apps.

In iOS 4, Apple allowed select third-party apps to multitask. Full multitasking was, as I said, restricted.

It's still restricted, but now opened up much more to all apps. It's still not a free-for-all though.

The point was that iOS's core always was capable of this, that it was a purposed restriction until hardware (battery) caught up.

post #118 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Yes, correct.

Ooh can't wait to replay that.
post #119 of 410
I think it looks pretty nice. The Safari compass looks a bit plain, and I wonder if there can be a more modern representation of "phone" than the handset of an old Bakelite phone.
post #120 of 410

Wow, lots of mixed opinions in my head. Some bits looks really nice, other bits looks awful. Sadly a lot of it also looks stolen from Win Phone and Android.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design