or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 'Jobs' starring Ashton Kutcher to hit US theaters nationwide Aug. 16

'Jobs' starring Ashton Kutcher to hit US theaters nationwide Aug. 16

post #1 of 36
"Jobs," the biopic about Apple co-founder Steve Jobs starring Ashton Kutcher, is now set to hit theaters across America on Aug. 16, Open Road Films announced on Wednesday.

Kutcher/Gad
Josh Gad and Ashton Kutcher play Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs in the biopic "Jobs."

The official release date is more than four months after the film was originally scheduled to arrive. Details on the Aug. 16 premiere were first reported by Deadline.

"Jobs" promises to chronicle the life of the former Apple CEO from 1971 to 2001. Kutcher plays the title character, with Josh Gad playing Steve Wozniak.

The film, which earned mixed reviews from sneak previews earlier this year, was directed by Joshua Michael Stern and written by Matthew Whiteley. The film was originally set to open on Apr. 16, to commemorate the 37th anniversary of Apple's founding, but a delay was announced in March.

"Jobs" is not to be confused with another film about the Apple co-founder in the works from Sony Pictures Entertainment. That film will be scripted by award-winning writer Aaron Sorkin, who wrote the screen play for "The Social Network," a film about Mark Zuckerberg and the founding of Facebook.
post #2 of 36
Who cast Woz?

Definitely not Bonnie Timmermann, Phyllis Huffman or Howard Feuer.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #3 of 36
They changed it from jOBS, which I think was a good move.
post #4 of 36
By the time tired old Sorkin's picture comes out people will be like ... "Steve Jobs who?"
post #5 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

By the time tired old Sorkin's picture comes out people will be like ... "Steve Jobs who?"
Yeah, who wants to watch films written by smart people for smart people. /s/
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #6 of 36
No thanks.
post #7 of 36

When it will be in UK?

post #8 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

No thanks.

I have no desire to see this at all.

post #9 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Yeah, who wants to watch films written by smart people for smart people. /s/

Written... maybe... it's the acting I'd be questioning.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #10 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Written... maybe... it's the acting I'd be questioning.
I was referencing the Sorkin film, not the Kutcher one. Sorkin's work attracts top-drawer talent. The current film was happy just to attach a sitcom celeb for name-recognition value.
Edited by Robin Huber - 6/12/13 at 8:13am
post #11 of 36

If Ashton Kutcher himself were standing outside the theater and told me I could see it for free I wouldn't watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

I have no desire to see this at all.

post #12 of 36
This film is rated G for God-awful.
post #13 of 36
Quote:

Sorkin's work attracts top-drawer talent.

Let's hope.

Seen any of De Niro's work lately.  1tongue.gif

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #14 of 36
Quote:

If Ashton Kutcher himself were standing outside the theater and told me I could see it for free I wouldn't watch it.

If it was really hot outside I'd have to consider it. Movie theaters are usually air conditioned.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #15 of 36
Quote:

HHAHAHHAHAHAHA best reply to this movie ever!

thank you - you made my day on this one! 

ahhahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahaa lol.gif

post #16 of 36
Asston Kutcher as Steve Jobs? I expect this movie to be as unspeakably awful as the cast suggests it will.
post #17 of 36
I don't follow these things but Kutcher is Demi Moore's son right?
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
post #18 of 36

Is that Kurt Cobain on the left in the picture?

post #19 of 36
Quote:

Sorkin's work attracts top-drawer talent. 

I think that Sorkin's latest series on HBO sucks. I hope that he doesn't butcher the Steve Jobs movie, by making it totally unrealistic with his unrealistic dialogue.

post #20 of 36
I will watch "Jobs" when it hits Netflix.
post #21 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I think that Sorkin's latest series on HBO sucks. I hope that he doesn't butcher the Steve Jobs movie, by making it totally unrealistic with his unrealistic dialogue.
Well, it's not my favorite, but his dialogue is a matter of taste. I find it challenging (in a good way), rather like Shakespeare, it requires your full attention and assumes the listener is literate and has some knowledge of its references. Some don't want that, and I respect that.
post #22 of 36
Quote:

Well, it's not my favorite, but his dialogue is a matter of taste. I find it challenging (in a good way), rather like Shakespeare, it requires your full attention and assumes the listener is literate and has some knowledge of its references. Some don't want that, and I respect that.

I agree that it's a matter of taste. I just find that some of the dialogue comes off as lecturing. It's mostly his political leanings that I don't care for.

post #23 of 36
I wonder how many Mexicans are going to show up for the 'Jobs'?

In poor taste I know but I couldn't help myself
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

When it will be in UK?

...As soon as they dub it in UK English.

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #25 of 36

"Jobs," the biopic about Apple co-founder Steve Jobs starring Ashton Kutcher pretending to be Steve Jobs acting like Ashton Kutcher.

post #26 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post

I will watch "Jobs" when it hits Netflix.

I'm waiting for them to turn it into a book.

post #27 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I don't follow these things but Kutcher is Demi Moore's son right?

Yeah, and she made him sleep in the bed with her until he grew up and discovered girls. 

post #28 of 36
Quote:
"Jobs," the biopic about Apple co-founder Steve Jobs starring Ashton Kutcher pretending to be Steve Jobs acting like Ashton Kutcher.

I saw a trailer for this movie a while ago, and that was pretty much it!  No way will I waste time watching this movie, even for free. 

post #29 of 36
I can smell the stench of flop from here...
post #30 of 36

Kutcher's millions of Twitter followers are giving them some confidence that it'll do okay on the big screen. 

I'll check it out & probably like it as long as it has the requisite digs at Microsoft and Google. 

Heck, if i can sit through Oblivion I can tolerate anything.

post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

I can smell the stench of flop from here...

I smell the stench of "content taken as irrefutable fact" for an entirely new generation of Anti-Apple Kiddos.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I smell the stench of "content taken as irrefutable fact" for an entirely new generation of Anti-Apple Kiddos.

Bad facts are bad facts, in every case.

Just listen to the historical mistakes in this clip alone, such as Jobs talking about WYSIWYG... while Woz was still designing the Apple I. 

Edited by KDarling - 6/13/13 at 9:42am
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPaul View Post

Is that Kurt Cobain on the left in the picture?

Ron Eldard. Town drunk in Super 8.
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Bad facts are bad facts, in every case.

Just listen to the historical mistakes in this clip alone, such as Jobs talking about WYSIWYG... while Woz was still designing the Apple I. 

Wow, that looks bad. Kutcher has the charisma of a gold fish in that scene.
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Wow, that looks bad. Kutcher has the charisma of a gold fish in that scene.

I have to disagree, I have several tanks of fish and goldfish have MORE charisma than Kutcher in that scene.

post #36 of 36
The New York Post reports that Ashton Kutcher, the actor who plays Steve Jobs in the movie "Job"s, may sign a $10M deal to promote Windows PC's for Lenovo.1bugeye.gif

Odd timing. . .
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 'Jobs' starring Ashton Kutcher to hit US theaters nationwide Aug. 16