or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Following Apple, Microsoft to open mini-stores in Best Buy

Following Apple, Microsoft to open mini-stores in Best Buy - Page 2

post #41 of 42
I love these ads, check out 0:21 - they do the same thing in all of them. They have someone swipe the home screen, tap an icon and it cuts to something else. They must know that after they get the full Windows 8 experience where it either drops into some legacy desktop UI or some poorly written app, the potential customer then ponders 'I wonder where the iPads are in the store'. That single customer at the Windows tablet section is about right too.
post #42 of 42

Actually Microsoft used to have these little Kiosks back in the 90's, I also remember seeing carts in the mall and at CompUSA. Dell, Texas Instruments and Gateway had them as well, actually Gateway was probably the first to have a full retail store. I was in California attending Caltech, 92 - 97, I used to love going to computer shopmeet's, do you guys still have those.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Following Apple, Microsoft to open mini-stores in Best Buy