or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple working with Logitech and Moga for MFi game controllers, details framework at WWDC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple working with Logitech and Moga for MFi game controllers, details framework at WWDC - Page 2

post #41 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

You don't understand...there is no argument...1wink.gif

That's right; the charts show that PC gaming outstrips console gaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Not to mention you are pretty much in a microwave oven when doing it.

Please do not tell me you actually believe this.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #42 of 73
Good - this is long overdue!
post #43 of 73
Hey guys sorry here's source for charts:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/13l9ad/recently_i_scraped_a_database_of_24000_videogames/

Not entirely accurate, as one would expect, just thought it was cool :-)

Side note - How many people own TVs in this chart for definite. How many play on iOS. Looks like Post-PC may also turn out to be Post-Console. "Hardcore" gamers (I reject the suffix-only "Core" label as a misanomer) are clearly only one certain vocal group, but then so are people who use forums. Let's not pretend we're overflowing with women here, for example. I love how the genres of games have stabilised as the number of gamers has increased.
post #44 of 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
That's right; the charts show that PC gaming outstrips console gaming.

 

You have to get the last word in don't you.

so in the charts does it account for people that use more than one system? or that a lot or people on there probably do you use more than one, funny thing about statistics...they can be used to suit anyones points, so no.

 

If you still want to play that game, have a closer look, if you put just the xbox 360 & PS3 ones together they are the same as PC....so add wii & DS, id say console has a bit more, at least even. Not sure what you were getting at, another spanner for you, having a look at those charts, as a whole, most gamers aren't PC gamers :p (if we read into it they way you seem to be)
I play PC games too & they are great, my point was that a "Gamer" isn't necessarily a PC gamer (it is simply incorrect to say that they are), PC games are a very very narrow view of the gaming world, some of the most popular games in the world, don't come out on PC at all or come out years later.

Someone that is really into games, plays the good ones, doesn't matter what platform it is on.

Interesting thought tho, I guess a gamer isn't determined by what platform they are on, that chart does show that it has changed alot over the years, platforms gain & lose popularity, but video games still continue to makes tones of money, in a few years time it might be augmented reality, google glass things on people or implants.

I've gone on a tangent... 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDax View Post
Let's not pretend we're overflowing with women here

 

so true lol.gif

post #45 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

so in the charts does it account for people that use more than one system? or that a lot or people on there probably do you use more than one, funny thing about statistics...they can be used to suit anyones points, so no.

Why... would that matter? This is a chart of everything. Therefore everything is on it. And computer games still outstrip consoles.
Quote:
If you still want to play that game, have a closer look,

I did have a closer look. I had a closer look when looking at the entire image, but if it's hard for you to see the difference, I'll certainly simplify the chart. Black is console, red is PC. The console industry's in a lull right now, sure, since we're transitioning generations, but even that can't explain the discrepancy.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #46 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I did have a closer look. I had a closer look when looking at the entire image, but if it's hard for you to see the difference, I'll certainly simplify the chart. Black is console, red is PC. The console industry's in a lull right now, sure, since we're transitioning generations, but even that can't explain the discrepancy.

 

Sorry, no sale, that looks different to what the chart shows, nice try, better luck next time.

post #47 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

Sorry, no sale, that looks different to what the chart shows, nice try, better luck next time.

Fine, do it yourself. Actually prove me wrong rather than looking at empirical proof and just lying about it.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #48 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Fine, do it yourself. Actually prove me wrong rather than looking at empirical proof and just lying about it.

 

 

PC on the left, consoles (combined) on the right, i didn't include mac with PC, i guess i could if you wanted.

 

As fun as this wasn't, it's interesting that you fixated on this irrelevant stat, if PC did make up for a larger portion, which it doesn't clearly, what did it prove again exactly?


Edited by Zozman - 6/14/13 at 11:03am
post #49 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

i didn't include mac with PC, i guess i could if you wanted.

So you purposely ignored fact and chose to twist results. That's nice. Again, you can open your eyes and look at my post. I already proved my point.
Quote:
it's interesting that you fixated on this irrelevant stat...

Yeah, I tend to be in favor of people not lying. I stated it offhand earlier, you wanted confirmation, I gave it.
Quote:
...if PC did make up for a larger portion, which it doesn't clearly, what did it prove again exactly?

Again, as it is larger, it proves a larger install base, therefore larger purchasing base, therefore larger development base. What incentive do people have to make games for BlackBerry vs. iOS? THAT is the difference I'm trying to intimate. I'm not sure how you can miss it.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #50 of 73

Oh yay, another asinine black-and-white gamer argument.

 

Gamepads and keyboards are optimized for different types of games. No single input method is superior for every situation or person.

Drill down into first person shooters, for instance, and you see some optimized for gamepads (Halo) and others optimized for keyboards (id tech). Then there's arcade sticks for fighting games.

 

But no, let's drag market share into this! 52% of people prefer one thing, so those other 48% must be wrong! Personal preference is meaningless!

Never mind that referencing market share to justify your own purchase decisions exposes some deep-seated insecurity...

 

 

Bottom line: I wouldn't care if only five other people bought iOS gamepads. I will get one if I feel like it.

 

 

TimmyDax View Post
SpamSandwich View Post
I'd love to get a nice game controller for my Mac.
^ This.
Whilst Windows has had controller support since serial port joysticks, I have never found the mac to be in any way cooperative. Hopefully that'll now change.

PS3 controller works out of the box.

My iMac has been using a Dualshock 3 since they came out, and the occasional Wiimote. They use standard Bluetooth (XBox 360 does not), and most games support them via OS X built-in HID frameworks. There's a few system prefpanes for manual mapping if needed.

 
bobringer View Post
Goodbye Nintendo... it was a good century. Once Apple flips the switch on an App Store for my TV... and these controllers are released... it's game over for Nintendo.

Calm down. Nintendo is committed to producing their own hardware for the next 15 years at least, and that's the only place you'll see people's beloved Nintendo characters (aside from the occasional arcade fighting game bonus character).

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply
post #51 of 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
So you purposely ignored fact and chose to twist results. That's nice. Again, you can open your eyes and look at my post. I already proved my point.
 

If i tried to twist the results, i wouldn't have mentioned that i left mac out if the PC stats, here you go, i included mac this time

 

PC & Mac on the left, All consoled combined on the right, does that make you feel better?

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
Yeah, I tend to be in favor of people not lying. I stated it offhand earlier, you wanted confirmation, I gave it.
 

 

I haven't lied at any point, you just disagree with me, even when i prove you wrong you still can't take it, just leave it alone, i can tell you have an ego about being right, you aren't always right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
Again, as it is larger, it proves a larger install base, therefore larger purchasing base, therefore larger development base. What incentive do people have to make games for BlackBerry vs. iOS? THAT is the difference I'm trying to intimate. I'm not sure how you can miss it.
 

 

 

WTF are you talking about? (i just showed you that is isn't larger...) WTF number 2, when a game developer makes games these days, many choose to make them multi platform, so they bring games out on PC, PS3, XBOX 360, Wii U (sometimes Mac) at the same time, which is far larger than just PC, more than twice the size, that's a massive development base & the video game industry making more money than Hollywood blockbusters is incentive enough for them to make games.

post #52 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

If i tried to twist the results, i wouldn't have mentioned that i left mac out if the PC stats...

If you weren't trying to twist the results, you'd have actually included everything the first time.
Quote:
PC & Mac on the left, All consoled combined on the right, does that make you feel better?

Not really; you're still ignoring what the chart tells you. In fact, you're basically saying exactly the opposite of what you insinuated earlier, which I find interesting.
Quote:
I haven't lied at any point, you just disagree with me, even when i prove you wrong you still can't take it, just leave it alone, i can tell you have an ego about being right, you aren't always right.

Please just shut up and look at the effing image. I'm not even bothering with pleasantries anymore. I'm going to ask again: Did you or did you not even look at the image you're working with?

We'll need to have a unified message going forward with anything else in this argument. Is iOS a valid gaming platform?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #53 of 73
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Not to mention you are pretty much in a microwave oven when doing it.


Posted by Tallest Skil

Please do not tell me you actually believe thisOriginally View Post

Its a figure of speech, I dont really believe I am cooking, but I dont like being in the middle of a mess of wifi signals. With the router behind me and the TV in front, I am getting bombarded by wifi waves when I do this.

 

post #54 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We'll need to have a unified message going forward with anything else in this argument. Is iOS a valid gaming platform?

Tallest, that has to be one of the most bizarre questions you have ever asked. I only say that (and truly, only) because the number one category in the App Store is Games. That is both in Paid and Free. It is definitely a valid and, in my opinion, upcoming market platform for game playing. It is a completely new and exciting way to create games, and truly the sky is the limit. So I guess the real question is, how isn't iOS a valid gaming platform?

Also, as a side note, I have played many a game using AirPlay and AppleTV. I have not had a single issue with it. I have even played Final Fantasy IV on AirPlay, and had a wonderful nostalgic experience with that.

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

Reply

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

Reply
post #55 of 73

First predicted on the Apple Outsider1smile.gif Time flies. *yawn*

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Reply

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Reply
post #56 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

It is definitely a valid...

Sure, you believe it. That's fine, but I need to know what his answer is. Because he has just intimated that he doesn't exactly think so in a vain attempt to discredit me for whatever reason.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #57 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't know why. I've had me some consoles in my time, but mouse+keyboard are leagues better than any of them. I prefer 108 buttons to 8, for example.
Yes, I assume that why Nintendo now has a touchscreen on its controller


This almost garentees a Apple TV support (and the final battle of IOS vs game consoles)
post #58 of 73

Skil, not everything is about you. Maybe stop taking everything personally, and these threads would only need to be about half as long.

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply

[this account has been abandoned]

Reply
post #59 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

 

Airplay is just horrible for ATV gaming.  It gliches too much. Not to mention you are pretty much in a microwave oven when doing it.

 

I've not spent much time trying it - some of the apps that required specific "touching" on the screen you were holding I really didn't like, and some of the graphics of some of the games didn't transfer well (Asphalt 7 I was disappointed, though I did only briefly try it - on my iPad mini it's awesome but on AP Mirroring, not so much). One that did very well was Badlands (in fact it was ideal) - I preferred the iPhone version over my iPad mini version because the dimensions of the iPhone more closely match a widescreen television, and this game in particular you don't have actually have to watch where you tap on the screen, you just need to tap, and the lag was unimportant.

 

AirPlay Mirroring, you're right, it's far from perfect, but for some it works well - will be interesting to see how developers deal with the controllers and whether games start really paying attention to AirPlay Mirroring using controllers starting this fall and the AP Mirroring improves (they can deal with issues related to lags and other glitches due to AP Mirroring).

 

Still, though, I'd prefer apps to run directly on the ATV. Plus, they did just open up BT connectivity on the ATV, so perhaps controllers connected to the ATV is all part of the master plan??


Edited by williamlondon - 6/14/13 at 6:01pm
post #60 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


If you weren't trying to twist the results, you'd have actually included everything the first time.

....you cant be for real, this is just silly, i didn't include them because you didn't specify, i asked the question, really think most of this has gone over your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
Not really; you're still ignoring what the chart tells you. In fact, you're basically saying exactly the opposite of what you insinuated earlier, which I find interesting.

 

??? Ummm...No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
look at the effing image. I'm not even bothering with pleasantries anymore. I'm going to ask again: Did you or did you not even look at the image you're working with?
 
I sure did, i opened it in photoshop, i cut the edge showing most recent info, i moved the PC & mac spec to one line, the consoles to another (i used the graph jpeg), that is basically it, It shows clear as day, i don't get your hoohaa-ing & bellyaching, its super obvious, you can't be challenged by this, everything you said, has been countered, I don't get why you, kept going with it, i went to bed last night.
I had you with the points & I had you again when you got mad, you started getting more irrational, You gotta chill out & step back, whats the point of arguing online, whats the point of being stubborn when arguing online & losing?.
You gotta be from bizzaro world, everything is backwards 1confused.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We'll need to have a unified message going forward with anything else in this argument. Is iOS a valid gaming platform?
 

Aside from the rest of whatever our conversation was, I think iOS is getting there, games like sudoku don't really make it seem like a valid platform, i've been playing knights of the old republic on my iPad, this was a game i used to play on xbox & PC, its perfect for iPad, its a real game.
with the use of controllers, people can turn to iOS as a console almost, there is so much potential. 

iOS devices are much more like Consoles than PCs & with controllers, the gaming community will see it that way too.

post #61 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozman View Post

i didn't include them because you didn't specify

Come off it. No, seriously. Come. Off. It. I explicitly stated computer vs. console. You STILL haven't built an accurate representation of that, whereas I did it in seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's right; the charts show that PC gaming outstrips console gaming.

I specifically stated it.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #62 of 73
According to NVidia, the revenue split between PCs and consoles is about even:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-pc-console-sales-battlefield-3-bf3-pc-gaming,13499.html

but sales data tends to show PC sales volumes lower:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/sorry-to-say-it-but-keyboard-and-mouse-are-losing-the-fps-market/
http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/YAKms/2005-2012-pc-vs-console-gaming-population-growth-rates

PC gamers can't get used games so the revenue could be higher per sale, depending on whose revenue they are measuring. Some of the highest revenue game are MMOs too ( http://www.cinemablend.com/games/China-Generate-6-1-Billion-From-MMOs-2012-43073.html ) and there are things like Facebook games that add to PC revenue. One problem in the figures seems to come from digital sales, which aren't usually reported. NVidia suggests digital vs retail is 10:1.

Here is some data on Black Ops:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/44950/call-of-duty-black-ops/

They put PC sales at 1.5m, XBox 14m, PS3 12m. Some PC gamers don't take it lightly of course:

"Bullshit number, i hate how vgchart show
fake numberw in pc release, VGCHART DO
NOT UNDERESTIMATE PC!!! This game sold
only in steam about 2 millions unit, so
why you write this stupid fake numbers
!!!! PC FTW !!"

That person doesn't realise the game was a Steam exclusive so even if it was 2 million, that's still low.

The console units are reported to be Wii 100m, XBox 78m, PS3 78m. There are 350m PCs sold every year so PC gaming will grow. You'd expect with so many PCs sold that there would be a lot more than just 1.5m copies of CoD sold. Piracy is suggested to be a part of this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/29/report-call-of-duty-black-ops-most-pirated-game-in-2010/

4.27m copies estimated. That actually makes sense because Activision never lowers the price - even today, over 2.5 years after launch, it's $40 on Steam. If consoles get more MMO games, clamp down on used games, perhaps offer varied inputs, have subscription gaming options, they could end up making a fair bit more money and skew the revenue numbers. The more that IGPs improve, the more that low-end PCs will be able offer a decent experience.
post #63 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Come off it. No, seriously. Come. Off. It. I explicitly stated computer vs. console. You STILL haven't built an accurate representation of that, whereas I did it in seconds.
I specifically stated it.

He didn't need to include the Mac numbers to make his point valid. Further, by providing them later, his point was still true. Denying the lack of of evidence/data does not make his argument false. His exclusion of the data does not falsify his claim unless that data would have proven your point. His lie of omission was inconsequential of to the facts and the point of his argument. 

 

The fact is, a "gamer" is personal. Just because a PC game may be more complex does not make a console player any less of a "gamer". But regardless of your opinion, console gaming is more popular than PC gaming. 

post #64 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsos View Post

Skil, not everything is about you. Maybe stop taking everything personally, and these threads would only need to be about half as long.
I enjoy tallest skis posts as he has interesting things to say
post #65 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmason1270 View Post

He didn't need to include the Mac numbers to make his point valid.

Are you looking at the chart, either?
Quote:
Further, by providing them later, his point was still true.

Are you looking at MY edit of the chart?
Quote:
The fact is, a "gamer" is personal. Just because a PC game may be more complex does not make a console player any less of a "gamer".

Oh, heavens no! No no no. Not at all. You're absolutely right.
Quote:
But regardless of your opinion, console gaming is more popular than PC gaming. 

And yet far, far more games are made for computers than consoles.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #66 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post


I enjoy tallest skis posts as he has interesting things to say

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Are you looking at the chart, either?
Are you looking at MY edit of the chart?
Oh, heavens no! No no no. Not at all. You're absolutely right.
And yet far, far more games are made for computers than consoles.

Making more games does not translate to more sales. 

 

Of this weeks Top Ten games according to Gamespot Only 3 are PC exclusives. 

 

If, used console games were at all factored in, it would be a console landslide. 

post #67 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Are you looking at the chart, either?
Are you looking at MY edit of the chart?
Oh, heavens no! No no no. Not at all. You're absolutely right.
And yet far, far more games are made for computers than consoles.

GameStop_on_Powell_St._SF_interior-420x215.jpg

 

Yup, PC gaming is HUUUUGE!!

post #68 of 73

My points have been made, Not gonna bother with more Tit for tat arguments on here, It went from a conversation about opinion & fact to semantics & word play. 

 

bmason1270 & Marvin made great points & showed interesting stuff. 

 

I think we all can agree, the video game industry as a whole is pretty massive & doing well, so vendors & developers trying new things, can't be a bad thing, keeping everything to keyboard & mouse, doesn't really push innovation, I'm down for experimentation.

In the future, more augmented reality & VR will probably make a return, at CES they had a few different headsets come out, phone tech has pushed & miniaturized & lowered the price of parts, if apple decided to bring out a controller, it might not be just a controller, interesting times. 

post #69 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Its a figure of speech, I dont really believe I am cooking, but I dont like being in the middle of a mess of wifi signals. With the router behind me and the TV in front, I am getting bombarded by wifi waves when I do this.

 

A few things to ease your mind:

 

1. What these frequencies do in a microwave oven is simply cause molecules that have poles (mostly water) to align with the waves. But the waves are alternating, so the water molecules are in constant motion. Molecules in motion are heat. Microwaves (too weak to generate such heat) are all around us, even in the outdoors, and there's no evidence they do anything else to us. You may as well worry about radio and TV signals, which are hitting us all 24/7.

 

2. Unless you have a special directional antenna, it doesn't matter where your WiFi devices are located... the signals form the two devices get broadcast in all directions, NOT focused directly between each other. (Even with the new beamforming that seems to be true.) So sit where you like.

 

3. People are afraid because WiFi and cellular signals are radiation. But the word radiation includes lots of harmless things, such as the light from a bulb. Only ionizing radiation, specifically, is harmful, because it strips away electrons (which can change chemical bonds). Microwaves, radio waves, and good-old-fashioned visible light do not strip electrons, do not change chemical bonds, and are non-ionizing. Bask in their glory :)

post #70 of 73
They have a photo of one of the prototype controllers here:

http://kotaku.com/heres-a-look-at-one-of-the-iphones-new-game-controlle-513662469

I thought the sketch in the slides looked overly long but that's what they look like - still kinda pocketable I suppose. The pads also aren't bluetooth with their own battery so that helps avoid latency and as you can see there's a Lightning connector so they may not offer support for anything below the iPhone 5. This makes sense because when the new iPhone arrives, they'll either have 5S, 5 and 4S or 5S premium and 5S crappy (the latter being iPhone 5 components in a cheaper body starting at 8GB). Either way, most units will have Lightning and the benefit this has is that it defines a minimum quality threshold for graphics so AAA publishers only have to target iPhone 5 hardware and above.

If publishers get some decent games out for the launch, the iPod, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV eco-system will wipe out the gaming handhelds over Christmas. Exclusive Deus Ex The Fall with a controller Airplayed to the TV at 1080p, try that on for size DS and Vita:



Not a lot of people like the Deus Ex demos because it looks like one of those rubbish Gameloft rip-offs but people have to remember that it's not running on PowerVR 6 hardware and doesn't have a controller attached. Add those two things in and that game will be just fine. Square Enix or Eidos could even get some keynote time to show it off. Maybe even Phil Fish with Fez/Fez 2.
post #71 of 73
The fall release for these falls in line with the next iPhone as well, I'm sure the 5S will have a powerful processor to show off new games using the remotes during the reveal. The upgraded graphics and capabilities, and the remotes paired with an Apple TV will be the new way to game.
post #72 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDax View Post


^ This.

Whilst Windows has had controller support since serial port joysticks, I have never found the mac to be in any way cooperative. Hopefully that'll now change.

That stand-alone controller is so for Apple TV!

 

(*Looks down at PS3 controller used to play "Sky Scramblers - Storm Raiders" which was on sale for 99 cents.*)  It's a lot easier to use at least PS3 controllers on a Mac than under Windows.  I know because I'm an avid gamer and use Bootcamp for Windows gaming.  No special drivers or anything needed (OK, maybe a paperclip to reset the controller for pairing, but that's all!)  OS-X has controller drivers built in, but you might need to turn on "Enable access for assistive devices" under Accessibility in System Prefs to make it work.

post #73 of 73
yeah good bye sony vita and nintendo

the form fitting controller seems ok

not to excited or "new mac pro" wowed by the look of the stand alone controller

would love to feel a cool aluminium playstation formed controller to match my apple tv remote (probably usb/lightning cable charged from a new usb/lightning enabled apple tv update)

i like how the playstaion controller is usb charged vs batteries
(i am hoping also for a wifi/bt, backlit, black keyed, keyboard thats usb charged and has a number pad and a white xmas)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple working with Logitech and Moga for MFi game controllers, details framework at WWDC
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple working with Logitech and Moga for MFi game controllers, details framework at WWDC