or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Inside iOS 7: Calendar app comes with sterilized UI, few feature changes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inside iOS 7: Calendar app comes with sterilized UI, few feature changes - Page 3

post #81 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post

All I know is these white UI's will drain the battery faster and force you to upgrade your phone every year instead of every two years.... : /

Do you even think before you write? When was the last time Apple released hardware or software that had LESS battery life than its predecessor? Did you even watch the WWDC presentation where they spoke at great length about all the ways they're optimizing power consumption?
post #82 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

This is an interesting quote.

Obviously, if you are 'sure' about this, then you have some information about Apple that most of us are not aware of.

Care to share?

He was not referring to Apple. They would never do this. It's simply not in their DNA.

The "others" he refers to are Apple competitors. Microsoft, for instance, has a long history of paying both shills and trolls.
post #83 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

That entire article is about Samsung paying trolls.

Where does it mention anybody else?

Your quote gives the impression that Apple is also paying trolls, etc...

Yet another reason to hate Samsung. This company has no shame.
post #84 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkitts View Post

Wow. All that red sure is hostile. Sterile and hostile, what great design aesthetic!

Radar bug report: "OS only drawing white where GUI should be. Suspect video driver issue." ;-)

post #85 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post

All I know is these white UI's will drain the battery faster and force you to upgrade your phone every year instead of every two years.... : /

Maybe that's how displays work in insanityland, but not in reality.
post #86 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Maybe that's how displays work in insanityland, but not in reality.

It takes more power to display white in every screen but I'm guessing the average person won't have the calendar app open for more than a few minutes so it really wouldn't be a noticeable difference in battery usage.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #87 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

It takes more power to display white in every screen...

Once again, fantasyland, insanity land, whatever you want to call it: you're wrong.

That would be the reason I'm rebutting it in the first place. If you're not wrong... there's nothing to say about it. Nor should there be.
post #88 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Once again, fantasyland, insanity land, whatever you want to call it: you're wrong.

That would be the reason I'm rebutting it in the first place. If you're not wrong... there's nothing to say about it. Nor should there be.

Thanks for the link. I stand corrected, and at least I'm man enough to admit it.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #89 of 94

What! No events preview in month-view? It's the only view I ever use.

post #90 of 94
I think this is a good thing because it means that the calendar app is now designed for the basic user and users can focus on calendar apps that really innovate.

Our app - for example - integrates tasks, events, notes, and contacts - working with Evernote, Google, Toodledo, and our interface is pretty iOS 7 like.
http://webis.net/wp/pocket-informant-pro/



We even have natural language recognition for tasks and events so you can create them via natural text like "Have lunch with Joe every week on Friday."
post #91 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutykamu View Post

i can confirm that Zulu calendars (Filemaker Plugin) doesn't works with iOS 7 beta.

i know its a beta but just letting anyone know who tries to update it to iOS 7 beta and start screaming… 

after updating to iOS 7 beta 2 i can confirm everything is back to normal for Zulu calendars (Filemaker Plugin) and its working perfectly.

my way or the highway...

Macbook Pro i7 13" with intel SSD 320 series and 8GB RAM, iPhone 5, iPad 3 (Retina)

Reply

my way or the highway...

Macbook Pro i7 13" with intel SSD 320 series and 8GB RAM, iPhone 5, iPad 3 (Retina)

Reply
post #92 of 94

Apple code writers need to be chosen based on being down to earth, real life people - business or otherwise directed and focused people in the real world. The new version of the calendar app is from Mars... Think Coke when they attempted to change their formula. Hello ??? Seriously, if they want to increase market share and keep poeple like me who do not have the time to swipe and tap and swipe again while on the move (this is why we have PDA's), they need to have a serious sit down...

post #93 of 94
Don't like the white calendar. I find it difficult to read, all I see is bright white staring at me with very tiny gray words! Why did they make it so hard to read. It needs more contrast or let me pick my own background color.
post #94 of 94
Originally Posted by sassyannk View Post
Don't like the white calendar. I find it difficult to read, all I see is bright white staring at me with very tiny gray words! Why did they make it so hard to read. It needs more contrast or let me pick my own background color.

 

Ever been in the Settings app? Hit up Accessibility.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Inside iOS 7: Calendar app comes with sterilized UI, few feature changes
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Inside iOS 7: Calendar app comes with sterilized UI, few feature changes