or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple TV update adds HBO Go, WatchESPN & more channels
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple TV update adds HBO Go, WatchESPN & more channels - Page 3

post #81 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


We'd all have 20 meg connections by now if Hollywood had decided on digital instead of the stopgap that is Blu-ray.
 

 

LOLWUT? I've heard you say some pretty off the wall stuff before, but this probably takes the cake? Hollywood has little to do with the expansion of broadband penetration/speeds in this country. Unless you live on either coast or are in a large metropolitan area, you're probably SOL when it comes to high-speed internet choices, and that has nothing to do with Hollywood.

post #82 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

 

LOLWUT? I've heard you say some pretty off the wall stuff before, but this probably takes the cake? Hollywood has little to do with the expansion of broadband penetration/speeds in this country. Unless you live on either coast or are in a large metropolitan area, you're probably SOL when it comes to high-speed internet choices, and that has nothing to do with Hollywood.

You just don't know.  Of course Hollywood has that power. /s  1rolleyes.gif

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #83 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post


It's nice. It has almost everything Netflix has- less some great shows like arrested development. I'm surprised you cut the cord and don't have Netflix. Amazon prime is fantastic because of the shows and shipping for less than $ Netflix annually. The downside is you can't even airplay to Apple TV- you'd have to mirror off a Mac which would be very inconvenient.

I'd say get the free trial to Netflix- if you like it, get that and wait until amazon gets on the Apple TV (if ever) to switch. Both are great for kids shows too.

I do prime for the shipping. The shows are a side benefit, but because of no ATV convenient access, I still have Netflix. The day they add it is when I save $7.99/mo. 1smile.gif

Thanks for the info on the Airplay only option for Prime, that's a bit f a deal breaker for me, especially since they're not offering much more than Netflix-and I don't buy enough from Amazon to otherwise justify the cost.

 

I had been giving Netflix my money since they first came on the scene with mail-in DVDs. I recently gave it up on my ATV. I basically felt that Netflix didn't have much more to offer compared to Hulu+. Rather than pay for both Netflix and Hulu+, I gave up Netflix. It makes more sense for me to spend a little for a TV season on iTunes than go months on Netflix without seeing much I actually really want to see. 

 

As a side note, even if Apple did have a Prime app on the Apple TV, would Amazon be able to offer their typically competitive content prices with Apple's 30% cut?

For your sake, I hope you're right.
Reply
For your sake, I hope you're right.
Reply
post #84 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthusia View Post

Thanks! The requirement for Airplay is the deal breaker for me. I can Airplay, but there's too much lag and the picture quality is not great. Maybe after I upgrade to 802.11ac from n for all my hardware I'll give it a shot. I recently gave up Netflix after I watched all of House of Cards because there was so little I wanted to watch. I switched to Hulu+ because there are more network shows and of course, the Criterion Collection. Having Hulu+ and Netflix didn't make much sense to me, so Amazon Prime might not make much sense right now-I don't do that much buying from Amazon.

 

When doing Airplay, the feed is send to the router then the Apple TV.  If youre are far away from the router when at the TV that means 2 feeds with low signals = glitches. Another problem I have seen with Apple TV is wifi channels saturation. This can happen if youre surrounded with dozens of routers from neighbors.

post #85 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

That was not only funny, but sad at the same time. If we want to pay but cannot, we start to torrent. I guess the producers have no idea people need to resort to this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Still waiting for BBC iPlayer.

Just stream it from your iPad, available for the past two years:
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/10/21/bbc-iplayer-stream-from-ipad-to-tv/
https://itunes.apple.com/app/bbc-iplayer-global/id449130604?l=en&mt=8

Don't know if that iTunes link will work as I removed the 'nl' bit as I copied it from the Dutch Store
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #86 of 148

Hello. Can someone tell me what is the benefit of this? You need an HBO subscription to watch HBO Go and you must already be a cable/satellite subscriber for ESPN. So, why would anyone watch either channel via their Apple TV (or Roku, etc.) when they can watch them on from their regular cable/satellite box that they're already paying to have?

 

-Thanks.

post #87 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthusia View Post

Thanks for the info on the Airplay only option for Prime, that's a bit f a deal breaker for me, especially since they're not offering much more than Netflix-and I don't buy enough from Amazon to otherwise justify the cost.

I had been giving Netflix my money since they first came on the scene with mail-in DVDs. I recently gave it up on my ATV. I basically felt that Netflix didn't have much more to offer compared to Hulu+. Rather than pay for both Netflix and Hulu+, I gave up Netflix. It makes more sense for me to spend a little for a TV season on iTunes than go months on Netflix without seeing much I actually really want to see. 

As a side note, even if Apple did have a Prime app on the Apple TV, would Amazon be able to offer their typically competitive content prices with Apple's 30% cut?

There is. Amazon Video app on iOS devices, how does it work there?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #88 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

Hello. Can someone tell me what is the benefit of this? You need an HBO subscription to watch HBO Go and you must already be a cable/satellite subscriber for ESPN. So, why would anyone watch either channel via their Apple TV (or Roku, etc.) when they can watch them on from their regular cable/satellite box that they're already paying to have?

-Thanks.

Can't speak to espn, but for HBO, you get access to all their on demand content which trumps what any cable provider provides. Every episode of every TV show ever, etc

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #89 of 148
What AppleTV needs is CEC.
Apple will never make an AppleTV that is a (physical) switchbox for all possible data sources that need to connect to your TV set.
CEC is a protocol where HDMI devices are allowed to control each other.
Customarily, all data sources are connected to your TV set.
All the AppleTV needs to do is to use CEC to interrogate the TV's capabilities (available inputs), then tell the TV to accept input from the input you select.

As soon as I operate the AppleTV remote (or some iOS app that acts like a remote), the AppleTV should assume control of the TV.

Apple's remote should also be able to control the TV's volume. This should have been possible from day 1.
post #90 of 148
You can't buy or rent anything from the iOS Amazon Prime app. You buy or rent from Amazon.com and then the item will show up in "Your Video Library" on the app. From a Blu-ray player, just enter your code to rent or buy. The UI on the iOS app is vastly superior to that on the Sony Blu-ray player that I have.

I manage my watchlist from the iOS app and then go to the Blu-ray if going to the tv.
post #91 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eideard View Post

Watch ESPN adds nothing to the app. The catch being affiliated providers. Even if your TV source carries the ESPNs, you can't watch live programming unless your provider is paying a spiff to ESPN.

DirecTV subscribers have been griping about this since Day 1 of the app. The addition to Apple TV is the same. I can watch ESPN live on DirecTV; but, not on my Apple TV. Their D* contract doesn't include the spiff.
Damn it, so I am guessing that this update similarly cripples HBO Go on the Apple TV, like it does on the Roku, since DirecTV won't allow their subscribers to play? 1frown.gif
--Larry
Reply
--Larry
Reply
post #92 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

It sucks to be from the UK but I'm used to it.

It may sound like we are missing out on all these free channels but to be honest, they are full of brainless American crap. I'd pay 25% more to keep it off my ATV.

However, no iTunes radio, that sucks.

 

I'm in the USA and have no need for the "brainless American crap." It's been years since I had my old CRT TV on. I have a life, and enjoy not being tied to the vacuous drivel that passes for entertainment these days.

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #93 of 148
I would add a +1 on BBC iPlayer and Formula 1. And add soccer (similar to what the XBox offers), rally, and MotoGP. The addition of SkyNews is very cool, I've watched them when in Europe. How about adding al-Jazeera?
 
HBO Go is just another step in chipping away at the traditional model -- I'm sure Apple and HBO both know that if they sell it as a standalone subscription, people will come. I would gladly pay for a standalone subscription to HBO, Showtime, and ESPN. But at the point when people can do that, the cable monopoly is doomed and the cable companies know it. They won't go quietly.
post #94 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post


Starz and Netflix had a deal and cable companies forced them to choose: Netflix or us.  Starz ended their deal with Netflix.  HBO probably knows if they offer a subscription service cable companies are going to freak out.  I don't know if HBO will risk their relationships with cable companies for an online-only service.  The money they get out of cable subscriptions is all but assured.  

Fact is, cable companies have you right where they want you.  They provide the high speed internet needed from the video and also have massive amounts of influence with stations and the entertainment industry.  They'll make sure Starz, HBO and others don't stream their programming by ending contracts, throttling bandwidth, or implementing stricter data caps.


Even if everyone said "screw you Comcast" and cut the cord anyway, the cable companies would just raise the rates on high-speed internet or implement ridiculously low data caps to force everyone back to cable.

It's going to take A LONG time,  This is an uphill battle as cable companies have customers and networks over a barrel.  

DSL.
post #95 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Of course Hollywood has that power.

Are you in disbelief because you don't like agreeing with me or because you need proof that this industry can swing its bat hard enough to influence another?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #96 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I'm in the USA and have no need for the "brainless American crap." It's been years since I had my old CRT TV on. I have a life, and enjoy not being tied to the vacuous drivel that passes for entertainment these days.

Then you're missing out on Game of Thrones which is quite possibly the best TV show ever made and yes there's much American drivel but there's also quite a few extraordinary shows.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #97 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticnacho View Post

I would add a +1 on BBC iPlayer and Formula 1. And add soccer (similar to what the XBox offers), rally, and MotoGP. The addition of SkyNews is very cool, I've watched them when in Europe. How about adding al-Jazeera?
 
HBO Go is just another step in chipping away at the traditional model -- I'm sure Apple and HBO both know that if they sell it as a standalone subscription, people will come. I would gladly pay for a standalone subscription to HBO, Showtime, and ESPN. But at the point when people can do that, the cable monopoly is doomed and the cable companies know it. They won't go quietly.

Again people, HBO is owned by Time Warner who not only own a multitude of channels but are a cable company as well. They are not going to go against their better interest to benefit the consumer.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #98 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Can't speak to espn, but for HBO, you get access to all their on demand content which trumps what any cable provider provides. Every episode of every TV show ever, etc

Exactly, if you want to watch The Wire in it's entirety you can't do through the cable box VOD but you can with HBO Go.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #99 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaeen View Post


DSL.

 

Not where I live.  I had DSL but I never got speeds much better than 800Kbps and I was paying for 10Mbps.  Needless to say, I canceled and switched to cable and finally get speeds I am paying for.  Most people around here have had similar situations.  People get Satellite Internet to get away from CenturyLink (our DSL provider).  I have no idea what's wrong with their service, but they never were able to get our speed up to where it was supposed to be.

post #100 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Are you in disbelief because you don't like agreeing with me or because you need proof that this industry can swing its bat hard enough to influence another?

I agree with plenty of people. I don't agree with you because you are completely wrong. I'm not the only one who thinks what you said is completely idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

LOLWUT? I've heard you say some pretty off the wall stuff before, but this probably takes the cake? Hollywood has little to do with the expansion of broadband penetration/speeds in this country. Unless you live on either coast or are in a large metropolitan area, you're probably SOL when it comes to high-speed internet choices, and that has nothing to do with Hollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrabu View Post

If it was that easy, I'm sure the content creators would have chosen it over blue-ray. After all, with digital they have way more control; the consumer can't lend a movie to their buddy, resell it on e-bay, or even pass it on to their loved ones once they are gone.... Blu-ray has these advantages for consumers (although I'm still not buying them)...

I mean really... Your argument that Hollywood has the ability to change broadband allocation is because of- and I quote- "lobbyists and whatever else they do". Wow! How convincing! 1oyvey.gif
"Everyone would have 20mbps speed if it weren't for Blu Ray". You're actually listening to yourself- right? 1hmm.gif
Edited by Andysol - 6/19/13 at 7:03pm

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #101 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post

Not where I live.  I had DSL but I never got speeds much better than 800Kbps and I was paying for 10Mbps.  Needless to say, I canceled and switched to cable and finally get speeds I am paying for.  Most people around here have had similar situations.  People get Satellite Internet to get away from CenturyLink (our DSL provider).  I have no idea what's wrong with their service, but they never were able to get our speed up to where it was supposed to be.

DSL is contingent on distance from the central office and runs on cables that are decades old.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #102 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I don't agree with you because you are completely wrong.

Guess you've never heard of Disney, huh.
Quote:
Wow! How convincing! 1oyvey.gif

Yep, just keep hanging onto that as though it means anything. Really doing good things for your point.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #103 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yep, just keep hanging onto that as though it means anything. Really doing good things for your point.

Poor little guy... You're on an island all by yourself. Keep telling Wilson that if Blu ray didn't exist, we'd have 20mbps everywhere in the US because of Hollywood's stuff they do.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #104 of 148
It seems that DirectTV is not one of the service providers that work with the Apple TV app.
post #105 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Exept that Game of Thrones IS available on itunes, I bought the 2 seasons in french in itunes. On the other hand, I am not sure the latest season in available while its playing on HBO.

Currently, I am watching in it english while its playing on HBO and I watch the french version to recap just before the next season begins.

The current season isn't available on iTunes, or anywhere other than HBO, so a lot more people hit the torrents than would otherwise do so. If it was available, even at a premium, many would probably pay more to have it right away.

I'd probably pay $50 for the current season but I don't want to pay $20/month thru uverse just to watch GOT
post #106 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Poor little guy... You're on an island all by yourself. Keep telling Wilson that if Blu ray didn't exist, we'd have 20mbps everywhere in the US because of Hollywood's stuff they do.

I didn't have anything to edit this time (genuine apologies about that previously, though). Guess that affirms you've never heard of Disney. 1oyvey.gif

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #107 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

No. Many of us have Amazon Prime. I have AppleTV and Roku. AppleTV is much higher quality; more consistent (but far from perfect UI), more responsive, better picture quality.

Netflix has far more content than Amazon Prime though.

Roku 3 is pretty responsive as far as the machine goes. The only delay I get is from the buffering to start the video which I believe is more to do with bandwidth. It also has 1080p so I'm not sure the ATV pic is any better.

Roku 3 also came with an angry bird app which I have yet to play but it seems everyone else has.

I'll upgrade my ATV at some point but I still use my original with hard drive to stores the kids shows
post #108 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


DSL is contingent on distance from the central office and runs on cables that are decades old.

 

Well aware and the central office is maybe a 1000 feet from my place.  No exageration

post #109 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

If only the HBO Go App didn't require a cable subscription...

Why doesn't HBO set up their own paid subscription service, for those of us who would like to cut cable TV?
1)Apple has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett Ruess View Post

Slowly building out content & consolidating more overall TV control. Be nice if they added an iMac to the little black TV box.
Well in that case the side box version a Mac mini with an HD camera (I don't want to pay extra $1300 for built in features unless it last 10 years)
post #110 of 148
Add regular broadcast TV to that line-up and it looks nearly good enough to stand on its own. Good bye, cable!
post #111 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by am8449 View Post

Add regular broadcast TV to that line-up and it looks nearly good enough to stand on its own. Good bye, cable!

Seems odd and counterproductive that the ESPN thing requires you to already be paying someone for cable or satellite, though. Just shove ads in it and make it free to everyone, you morons!

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #112 of 148

American military stationed in  Japan and we only got the Qello app. Pathetic... 2 more years until I'm back in the USA

post #113 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post

Well aware and the central office is maybe a 1000 feet from my place.  No exageration

If that's the case there shouldn't be a reason why you couldn't get 15 mbps.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #114 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Seems odd and counterproductive that the ESPN thing requires you to already be paying someone for cable or satellite, though. Just shove ads in it and make it free to everyone, you morons!

The ads you don't want to watch nor pay attention to so how is that effective?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #115 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post

Not where I live.  I had DSL but I never got speeds much better than 800Kbps and I was paying for 10Mbps.  Needless to say, I canceled and switched to cable and finally get speeds I am paying for.  Most people around here have had similar situations.  People get Satellite Internet to get away from CenturyLink (our DSL provider).  I have no idea what's wrong with their service, but they never were able to get our speed up to where it was supposed to be.

That's unfortunate. My understanding is that with cable, after a certain point, you are essentially sharing a big pool of bandwidth with other cable subscribers. I just switched from "up to 6Mbps" cable to "4-6Mbps" DSL. The cable would slow way down on evenings/weekends whereas the DSL gives me 5.3Mbps 24/7.
post #116 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Poor little guy... You're on an island all by yourself. Keep telling Wilson that if Blu ray didn't exist, we'd have 20mbps everywhere in the US because of Hollywood's stuff they do.

Did you forget that even Wilson left him?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #117 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Did you forget that even Wilson left him?

 

LOL....you just can't BUY this kind of entertainment........ TS and his predictions and statements.....priceless!

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #118 of 148

HBO Go is a GREAT addition.  Last weekend I binge-watched the whole first season of "The Newsroom" preparing myself for the imminent S2 premiere.  But that meant that not only did I have to eventually plug my iPad in as the battery ran down, but I couldn't use my iPad for other stuff while watching.  Having HBO Go on the ATV is excellent.

 

Last night, immediately after updating, used it to watch the Series Premiere of "True Blood" then the Season Finale from last season, in preparation for finally watching the S6 Premiere.

 

Love it.

 

Could have used the ESPN update a bit earlier, though, like when the French Open was on.  Guess it will come in handy for Wimby, anyways.

 

Anyways, good stuff all around.  I originally bought the AppleTV on sort of a whim.  But I find myself using it a LOT these days.

post #119 of 148

I have read that the HBO Go app should now be working for DirecTV subscribers.

post #120 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphickey View Post

American military stationed in  Japan and we only got the Qello app. Pathetic... 2 more years until I'm back in the USA

Wait, you're in Japan and you didn't even get Crunchyroll?!

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple TV update adds HBO Go, WatchESPN & more channels