or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Users report Wi-Fi connectivity issues with Apple's new 802.11ac MacBook Airs

Users report Wi-Fi connectivity issues with Apple's new 802.11ac MacBook Airs - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

What's with the screwed up quoting on this forum?

Are you sure that it's not just my user name?

It is a well known problem (at least to me) that my user name always screws up the quoting system.

post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post

Yeah I'm slightly amused to see AI advocating sales tax evasion. That is the real term.

What sucks is that none of those deals for Macs ever applies to me, because every retailer that I know about that sells Macs charges me tax, because of my state.

post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfungo View Post

Furthermore - at least in California - if you are audited for any reason, the State Franchise Tax Board will routinely summons your credit card records for the current year, and all applicable prior years, and will then line-by-line analyze your out-of-state purchases against what was claimed on your tax return(s). Any discrepancies will be totaled, taxed appropriately, penalties assessed and late payment interest added to your new tax bill. 

Yeah and to raise you a furthermore - if you use a personal credit card to purchase online goods for your business, when they audit the business, you'll get audited too and if you get audited personally, your business gets an audit as well. 

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It is a well known problem (at least to me) that my user name always screws up the quoting system.

Huddler I think is coded in Rails so they need to add some code like this:

require 'htmlentities'
coder = HTMLEntities.new
coder.encode(username)   which would print Apple ][

but would show normally as Apple ][

then do the reverse when creating the link

coder.decode(username)

And while they are at it they need a better DOCTYPE and an iso character declaration

post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

Exactly.  Always wait for Version 1.0.1.

But this is MacBookAir6,2.
There goes your 1.0.1 theory.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

Anyone who has trouble with an Apple product is an idiot.  Anyone who dislikes anything about an Apple product is a troll.  Anyone who disagrees with a decision Apple has made is a troll....  There's no room for discussion without the bullies coming in and blasting everyone.

In other words, arguing with overgeneralizations. Like you just did. "Anyone who (behavior) is a (label)"

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

They're probably just holding them wrong.  1tongue.gif

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.  That sucks that people are having connectivity issues and I'd imagine a fix is in the works.)

That's just not funny anymore. If it ever was. It's like a really awkward, un-funny, broken-record 'dad joke'. Or a 'that's what she said'-esque line that gets thrown around any time someone mentions 'problem with Apple product'.

Yes, I'm in a sh!t mood, and I'm sick of idiots.
post #48 of 52
I believe this is a firmware issue. Most people have not updated their airport or wireless device firmware to work with the new 802.11ac

People, update the firmware and enjoy your improved wifi.
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippinglou View Post

People, update the firmware and enjoy your improved wifi.

No, 802.11ac doesn't work like that.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #50 of 52
I got the 11" i7 500Gg SSD last week and it's working faultlessly - no wi-fi or any other problems at all, though I must say the latest Magsafe connector comes off much easier than the original one did.
post #51 of 52
Have these people tried something different? And how long is it till it automatically disconnects?
post #52 of 52

I saw somewhere else the blog post Potential fix for an annoying MacBook Air wireless issue

and some users have report this seems to works so it might be something to try. What could it hurt?

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, ATI X1600, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7
1TB Time Capsule

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, ATI X1600, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7
1TB Time Capsule

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Users report Wi-Fi connectivity issues with Apple's new 802.11ac MacBook Airs