or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Adobe undertakes some of the slimiest software installation tactics I've ever seen.

Adobe undertakes some of the slimiest software installation tactics I've ever seen.

post #1 of 2
I'm downloading flash. Adobe hides a checkbox in what looks like an ad, and checks it on my behalf:

jYMJwqu.jpgm

I'm disgusted.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'm downloading flash.

There's your first problem. lol.gif
Quote:
I'm disgusted.

I can't stand it when any site ticks boxes for me. Of course, they learned it from Windows' software install practices. Click next, there's a box already ticked to put a shortcut on your desktop. You untick the box. Continue. It still puts one there. 1oyvey.gif1mad.gif

This, however, is particularly egregious; you're right. Though I don't see it at all. Maybe my extensions block it somehow...

At least Apple's automatically ticked boxes don't stop you from just ignoring the e-mail field entirely and downloading anyway. That's how it should be.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Adobe undertakes some of the slimiest software installation tactics I've ever seen.