or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: iOS 7 shows how Apple is leading mobile computing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Editorial: iOS 7 shows how Apple is leading mobile computing - Page 8

post #281 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris713 View Post

I like to form my own conclusions which work for me very well, rather than follow some article. The things I do with my Android device are way beyond the capability of iOS. Don't be offended if I have talked down iOS. Don't take it personally. With android I can switch from Galaxy S to Xperia Z (my new device). When I bought my galaxy S, iphone 3gs was around and galaxy s was far superior. The galaxy S is still quite functional as my work phone while iphone 3gs is pretty much useless.

And those things are...?

Didn't realize Android allows you to switch devices. Amazing.

I know plenty of people still using a 3GS that works fine.
post #282 of 299

Well one can even get by using the old nokia phones. If its functionality you are talking about iphone 3gs is pretty useless. Its foolish to buy an iphone just because apple is making more money than google. AFAIK I can get a more functional android device for less money than an iphone and I love this fact.

post #283 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris713 View Post

Well one can even get by using the old nokia phones. If its functionality you are talking about iphone 3gs is pretty useless. Its foolish to buy an iphone just because apple is making more money than google. AFAIK I can get a more functional android device for less money than an iphone and I love this fact.

Saying it a bunch of times doesn't make anything true.
post #284 of 299
I have to agree with the first post it was an entertaining read compared to just hard factual information. Lots of fluent and ideas to understand and i did actually learn something which is good. I do notice that google android is just sort of out there and does everything though. where apple is more like a fine tuned and intuition approach with everything more thought out and well planned and laid out proportionally and runs smoother because of the hardware to software matching i guess. but google does have a lot of things done before apple does just a little messier and glitchier but does a lot more and seems to have them out faster than apple. SOme android phones have been doing ios 7 features for like 2 years now its nothing new for android but i do agree the more compact and well integrated something is with its software to hardware and the more poeple adopt it the better it gets in the future and better room to grow due to less compexity and simplicity and compactness in the begining you will have a better ios in the later years. where google has to bundle things better apple is adding more. Im no expert but that would be my guess or opinion on it. Sorry!
post #285 of 299

It's in small things like t9 dialer, being able to reply text without leaving open program, delete/archive text from notification, using google account to give imap push capability to other emails (you can reply as other email), that android shines and wipes the floor with iOS.lol.gif

post #286 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris713 View Post

It's in small things like t9 dialer, being able to reply text without leaving open program, delete/archive text from notification, using google account to give imap push capability to other emails (you can reply as other email), that android shines and wipes the floor with iOS.lol.gif

Emoticons? Classy troll move. You failed to prove your hyperbole, so we're done here.

Also, too bad you now have to pay for Google Sync, so enjoy that push email until you get a new device or have to restore yours.
post #287 of 299

Peace my friends!

Google to android sync is and will always be free. What has been dropped is exchange activesync support (not necessary for an android user)

T9 dialer is where if I have to dial Peter, I just key in 73837 and the choice appears unlike in ios where you have to go to contacts and search for a contact. 

The title of the article is misconstrued. Let's agree that both android and apple are good.

post #288 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris713 View Post

Google to android sync is and will always be free.

[magical time machine citation needed]
Quote:
T9 dialer is where if I have to dial Peter, I just key in 73837 and the choice appears unlike in iOS where you have to go to contacts and search for a contact. 

*hold Home*

"Call Peter."

"Calling Peter."

HOW FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE. 1oyvey.gif

OR

Touch Phone, touch Peter's name.

HOW FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE.
Quote:
Let's agree that both android and apple are good.

Android is "good" because it was stolen from Apple, which is good.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #289 of 299

Try using voice dialling when you have 250+ contacts. T9 kind of prediction works for both fore and surname. You evidently have never used it to realize how much faster it can be. If you want to sync google account with your android phone it is free (comes with the account and you can sync everything from documents, mail, calendar to google keep). I admit it uses a proprietary protocol but it's free when you buy an android phone. When you pipe other emails to google, replying to the piped mails is easy using the built in gmail program. None of the free emails compares to gmail which integrates so well with android.

Android was never stolen, is open source.

It has been nice conversing with all of you and I hope you all enjoy your iphones.1smile.gif

post #290 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris713 View Post

Try using voice dialling when you have 250+ contacts. T9 kind of prediction works for both fore and surname.

Magical. Guess what? So does voice dialing. 1oyvey.gif
Quote:
You evidently have never used it to realize how much faster it can be.

'Course I've used it. T9. Fast. That's a riot.
Quote:
Android was never stolen

And there goes your entire argument. Never mind that every single post you have made destroyed your entire argument.

Please go find another website that actually talks about products you care about and doesn't mind your lies.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #291 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I just think if they'd planned to do that, they would have done it by now. They're sort of in their stride right now, and a huge upheaval would...

On second thought, I'm all for Samsung doing that, too.
Samsung fail in 10 minutes
post #292 of 299
post #293 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

'Course I've used it. T9. Fast. That's a riot.

For messages it is absolutely fast.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #294 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

For messages it is absolutely fast.

Right: what in the name of silicon is wrong with you? You post for the sole purpose of contradicting mine. You're wrong every single time. Do you think you still deserve to post here after that?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #295 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Right: what in the name of silicon is wrong with you? You post for the sole purpose of contradicting mine. You're wrong every single time. Do you think you still deserve to post here after that?

You are the king of contradicting and I'm speaking from experience. For short messages T9 is absolutely faster than a full keyboard, unless it's Swype.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #296 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

You are the king of contradicting...

Thanks for the lies and completely irrelevant topic. When you have any actual fact, you'll post that instead of attacks.
Quote:
...and I'm speaking from experience.

Your anecdotal evidence is just as admissible as mine: either fully or not at all.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #297 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for the lies and completely irrelevant topic. When you have any actual fact, you'll post that instead of attacks.

Just read most of your posts for 'actual facts', you constantly contradict and attack people and to think that I actually defended you in the thread that was solely about you and your abusive behavior.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #298 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Just read most of your posts for 'actual facts', you constantly contradict and attack people and to think that I actually defended you in the thread that was solely about you and your abusive behavior.

So is Lightning USB, then? 1tongue.gif

QWERTY's faster than T9.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #299 of 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So is Lightning USB, then? 1tongue.gif

QWERTY's faster than T9.

On one end yes and for anything longer than a short message qwerty is not necessarily faster but way better.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: iOS 7 shows how Apple is leading mobile computing