or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases iOS 7 beta 2 to developers with iPad support, new Siri voices

Apple releases iOS 7 beta 2 to developers with iPad support, new Siri voices - Page 2

post #41 of 86
Hey, they have the male voice for Siri in this beta 1wink.gif
iMac 27" 2.8 Quad i7 / 24" Dual Core 3.06 / 17" Macbook Pro Unibody / Mac Mini HTPC / iPhone 4
iMac 27" 2.8 Quad i7 / 24" Dual Core 3.06 / 17" Macbook Pro Unibody / Mac Mini HTPC / iPhone 4
post #42 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do this many people seriously not know what /s means?

And then the long winded posts that follow. Ugh, I thought drblank knew better.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #43 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

The real life "male" Siri:

tumblr_mmewfo47LL1rrfiwuo1_500.gif
post #44 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple has said the update contains bug fixes and improvements.

Pardon my french: DUH.

post #45 of 86
How did that BBC show get access to the Internet box?

They could have broken it. That's irresponsible.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #46 of 86

It feels more buggy than Beta 1. 

post #47 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Supposedly this YouTube video shows how.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyCedFL27xQ
Disclaimer...i am not endorsing this process.....i just Googled it...

Yup, that's a theme (or rather a collection of themes) for jailbroken iPhones. Also it looks nothing like iOS 7.
post #48 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

I am in England visting Big Ben. I was able to download the update in less than three seconds.

How is Ben?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #49 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

The person you called stupid where I quoted you calling them stupid has been a member on AI far longer that you in fact. He joined in 2005. Not that it matters since you shouldn't be calling anyone stupid whether they joined 8 years ago or yesterday. Certainly quantity of posts has little to do with quality as your 25,000+ posts clearly demonstrates. 

HAHA! That is SO true....

Now off to find iOS7 Beta 2........

post #50 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

I am in England visting Big Ben. I was able to download the update in less than three seconds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

How is Ben?

After an 8-8 season I was hoping he's getting ready for training camp and not hanging out in England.  </sarcasm>

Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
post #51 of 86
Quote:

It can't run on the 3GS, so it's probably a theme.
Whoops, my bad. He has a 4.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #52 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

How did that BBC show get access to the Internet box?

They could have broken it. That's irresponsible.

It's worse than that, Channel 4 got access.

post #53 of 86

It's funny, but I think it looks much better on the ipad than on the iphone. The app headers feel much better with more space. 

post #54 of 86
Quote:

They think one-post trolls deserve the right to say anything they want here and be taken seriously.

Only Tall skillet has anything important to say. all other posts should be deleted and ignored. his 26k posts proves he's the only one that needs to post on these forums. 

post #55 of 86
Quote:
Welcome to the Internet.

I remember seeing that show.  Big thanks for the reminder to watch more episodes :)

post #56 of 86
Good beta 2 is out
post #57 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4d4 
Only Tall skillet...

Can't stand the sizzle, get out of the kitchen. 1cool.gif

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #58 of 86

Well battery life is same or worse than beta 1 (down to 90% of full charge after a 30 minute walk to work. iPhone being locked whole time) and no i didn't restore a backup. Double click home button doesn't show music controls in the lock screen (this is a huge step back for me hope it's just a bug). Parallax stutters while in lock screen with music artwork and music playing). Brightness sensor is still jumpy.

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

post #59 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

Well battery life is same or worse than beta 1 (down to 90% of full charge after a 30 minute walk to work. iPhone being locked whole time) and no i didn't restore a backup. Double click home button doesn't show music controls in the lock screen (this is a huge step back for me hope it's just a bug). Parallax stutters while in lock screen with music artwork and music playing). Brightness sensor is still jumpy.

Are you reporting these bugs to Apple, or just complaining?

And I thought you swipe up to activate Control Center, even on the lock screen, not press Home.
post #60 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Are you reporting these bugs to Apple, or just complaining?

And I thought you swipe up to activate Control Center, even on the lock screen, not press Home.

I'm reporting all bugs. When in lock screen home button double click would always show music controls and now it doesn't. Hope it's just a bug.

post #61 of 86
Quote:

I'm reporting all bugs. When in lock screen home button double click would always show music controls and now it doesn't. Hope it's just a bug.

Yeah, I thought you instead just swipe up to activate Control Center.
post #62 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

You can bet that Dr. Rajesh Koothrapali would be as turned on by the male voice as he was by the female voice!

I'm downloading the iPad Mini iOS 7 beta right now!

post #63 of 86
Quote:

Yeah, I thought you instead just swipe up to activate Control Center.

Yes.
Quote:

It's not in beta 1. You swipe up to see control centre.
post #64 of 86
Quote:

Yes.

On my 4S it was in beta 1.

post #65 of 86
Quote:

Yes.

I would think this is better anyway, less use of the home button that could wear it out.
post #66 of 86
Quote:

I would think this is better anyway, less use of the home button that could wear it out.

Can i decide myself?

post #67 of 86
Quote:

Can i decide myself?
Well if Apple has decided to put music controls inside of control center, then no you can't. Unless you chose to stay on iOS 6.
post #68 of 86
Quote:

I agree. Of course no matter what Apple does someone will complain. lol.gif
post #69 of 86

iOS 7 currently runs like a slightly better version of Android in terms of performance. Its overall behavior reminds of the Prezi presentation software... With some webOS features thrown in for good measure.

post #70 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I agree. Of course no matter what Apple does someone will complain. lol.gif

Of course, because it's a simple option. The setting for doubdle and tripple click in the settings is also gone. For what fucking reason?

post #71 of 86
Quote:

Of course, because it's a simple option. The setting for doubdle and tripple click in the settings is also gone. For what fucking reason?

What double click setting? There is a tripple click setting in accessability, and if it's missing from the iOS beta then I would expect it to reappear when iOS 7 launches.

As far as double click home on lock goes, they probably don't give the option because it would be too confusing having duplicate controls. After all, the controls are expanded and improved in the new control panel. Why support an inferior legacy mode? Further, in iOS 7, there are no controls in the app manager, so people won't associate doubleclick home with those types of controls.
post #72 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

What double click setting? There is a tripple click setting in accessability, and if it's missing from the iOS beta then I would expect it to reappear when iOS 7 launches.

As far as double click home on lock goes, they probably don't give the option because it would be too confusing having duplicate controls. After all, the controls are expanded and improved in the new control panel. Why support an inferior legacy mode? Further, in iOS 7, there are no controls in the app manager, so people won't associate doubleclick home with those types of controls.

What the **** are you smoking people? I take my iPhone from my pocket while doing so i manage to double click home button wake the screen and at the same time bring music controls to the screen then i just click play button and enjoy. Now i have to take my phone out of the pocket wake it up swipe up an click to play. Count the time and count the steps to the goal. Talk about inferior ... The home button way is just a natural way to do this while the new way just adds more time and more steps to achieve same thing.

post #73 of 86
Quote:

What the **** are you smoking people? I take my iPhone from my pocket while doing so i manage to double click home button wake the screen and at the same time bring music controls to the screen then i just click play button and enjoy. Now i have to take my phone out of the pocket wake it up swipe up an click to play. Count the time and count the steps to the goal. Talk about inferior ...

click, click, tap.
click, swipe, tap.

either way its 3 steps (4 if you include remove from pocket). You can argue that a double click will be 0.3 seconds faster, but to 99.9% of users thats not really that big of a deal.

If you are unlocking your phone, do you seriously not do the swipe to unlock gesture as you are pulling the thing out of your pocket? I (and I suspect most people) have it on the passcode screen before I even see the thing.

If this really bothers you, just learn to use the apple remote. You wont even have to take the iPhone out of your pocket if you do that.
post #74 of 86
Quote:

click, click, tap.
click, swipe, tap.

New way is click, swipe (to unlock), swipe, (to enter CC), tap; so that is 1 extra tap. Besides, if you're already have the homescreen in front of you I'd just open the iTunes player. But that's just me.
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
post #75 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

New way is click, swipe (to unlock), swipe, (to enter CC), tap; so that is 1 extra tap. Besides, if you're already have the homescreen in front of you I'd just open the iTunes player. But that's just me.

No, it's not. Control center is available from the lock screen.
post #76 of 86
J
Quote:

Just swipe up - there's your UI
post #77 of 86
Quote:

Quote:

No, it's not. Control center is available from the lock screen.

Ah, ok, I missed that. (And I don't have the dev preview)

Thanks. You too, asdasd
- Roger Sterling
- Roger Sterling
post #78 of 86
Quote:

The Triple Click Setting is present but renamed to "Accessibility Shortcuts" at the moment.

The Double Click music controls appear to have been deprecated.

I wonder if Double Click on the Lock Screen may be used for another purpose in the future.
post #79 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

I wonder if Double Click on the Lock Screen may be used for another purpose in the future.

Self destruct?
post #80 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Self destruct?

Maybe it'll be like the James Bond pen from Goldeneye. Just don't click it three times...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple releases iOS 7 beta 2 to developers with iPad support, new Siri voices
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases iOS 7 beta 2 to developers with iPad support, new Siri voices