or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Barnes & Noble to exit cutthroat tablet hardware business, let partners build Nooks

Barnes & Noble to exit cutthroat tablet hardware business, let partners build Nooks - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes View Post

Why don't they make some deals and introduce an online e-book rental service? 

For $9 a month give the reader access to the online library. One book download at a time (like watching a movie on Netflix)- as many books as you can read per month. Why should we be forced to buy a book? I read a book once and I'm done. (for others- with the service you can always go back and re-read)

My husband already spends enough time on the toilet with his blasted eBook reader, I speak for disgruntle wives everywhere when I say, "hmmmmmm, no sir, I don't like it".

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

My husband already spends enough time on the toilet with his blasted eBook reader, I speak for disgruntled wives everywhere when I say, "hmmmmmm, no sir, I don't like it".

So Steve Jobs was right when he asked his staff back in 2003:

"What are tablets good for besides surfing the Web on the toilet?"

1biggrin.gif

Btw, to the other poster, there are such book agreements for technical libraries.  Pretty costly though.

I thought Amazon Prime had free book rentals, btw.  At least for some books.  Am I misremembering?

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

So Steve Jobs was right when he asked his staff back in 2003:

"What are tablets good for besides surfing the Web on the toilet?"

1biggrin.gif

Btw, to the other poster, there are such book agreements for technical libraries.  Pretty costly though.

I thought Amazon Prime had free book rentals, btw.  At least for some books.  Am I misremembering?

Amazon has about 5,000 titles for rent, but only on actual Kindle devices, not the app. And no titles from the 6 main publishers.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Barnes & Noble to exit cutthroat tablet hardware business, let partners build Nooks
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Barnes & Noble to exit cutthroat tablet hardware business, let partners build Nooks