or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 'Designed by Apple in California' ad ranks poorly in consumer survey

'Designed by Apple in California' ad ranks poorly in consumer survey - Page 3

post #81 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

Designed by Apple in California - build by children in China.

However, aren't they all? Do we really have an option? Can't really hold that against Apple, but advertising where it was designed is almost deceiving. Just about every product sold by a US company was designed in the US. Few of them are actually BUILT in the US, which, to me, is a shame.

Yeah, that's my take away from that line too. Whoopity doo! Designed in California. They (like others) want to capitalize on the money American's can afford to pay for their products, but they don't want to equally add to the American economy by manufacturing here. There is a name for that. Leech! Or good business sense, depending on your perspective. The irony is that by Apple using Samsung as a manufacturing partner, they bred their competition.

This is not an Apple specific criticism. All are guilty! Although not all have commercials saying 'Designed in CA"
post #82 of 265
Maybe the ad could be tweaked slightly to score better on surveys. Just add a few transformers and spaceships and add "death to Amerika" at the end.
post #83 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Not true, and no.  You're showing your bias inadvertently here.  You mean to say almost every large American company.  

Many of the largest companies in the world are neither American, nor have "white guys" filling any substantial part or their workforce or leadership. 
Ok so now I know you're an anti American racist. And that's the lease I'll be viewing your posts with in the future.
post #84 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Fix View Post

That ad reminds me so much of Reagan's Morning In America ad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU-IBF8nwSY

It makes it difficult for me to watch... 
That morning in America ad was awesome. 1biggrin.gif
post #85 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Maybe the ad could be tweaked slightly to score better on surveys. Just add a few transformers and spaceships and add "death to Amerika" at the end.

That's funny!!! Except for the death to America part. I thought you were making fun of Android commercials... which is funny...
post #86 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Wow you seriously seem to have issues with America and white people. And it's funny you say people don't give a crap about made in America when all we've been hearing for the last year is whining about why Apple can't build iPhones in the USA.

Well I have nothing against white people of course, but yes "smugness" is one of my least favourite human traits and I would argue most people around the world think similarly.  It really is an unusual situation in the USA where what would be thought of as smug self-promotion is thought of there as some kind of positive trait.  

Also, we actually haven't been hearing about "why Apple can't build phones in America" for the last year.  This is a conversation that has taken place only in America, and only in some places in America.  As has been said by myself and others numerous times, outside of the USA, no one gives the slightest thought to this.  In a typically American way, many American's think that their internal debates and conversations are actually "world" conversations.  They aren't.  

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to put out some obvious truth that many people in other countries around the world can see as clear as day, but apparently Americans are blind to.  A lost cause and a faint hope apparently.  

My sincere apologies to anyone offended by these facts. 

post #87 of 265
Quote:

Ok so now I know you're an anti American racist. And that's the lease I'll be viewing your posts with in the future.

Dude, calm down.  Not a racist, not bigoted in any way.  I'm a very nice, normal person but one with "modern" views. 

I'm not "anti-American" either (whatever that strange turn of phrase truly means), I'm just not a big fan of people drawing lines around themselves and playing the "us vs. them" game and pretending like they are better than every other place on earth.  

There's only one planet here and we all have to live on it.  America doesn't really rule the world anymore and it surely won't in the future.  Get used to it is my advice.  

post #88 of 265
I think MacFanDave's proposed right-winger spokesperson ad was hilarious! And sarcasm ( I hope).

The ads have left me feeling nothing really. But then Apple and Chiat Day have a history of being one step ahead. As someone else suggested, they may be headed somewhere and we're only at the start of the arc of a much larger campaign. I'm willing to give it some time to develop before condemning it.

Curious as to whether this is a domestic only or worldwide ad. California may be (as another has alluded to) a surrogate for "buy American" without sounding jingoistic. Overseas, away from U.S. political polarization, California as a brand still is seen very positively. Maybe Apple is trying to have it both ways. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at the Mad Men-like scenes where this ad was presented and debated with the client! Have to wait for Cook's book when he retires.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #89 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBowfinger View Post

The commercials are beautifully produced, of course. But they don't say anything. They don't have an edge.

That's what happens when you don't have new products or even interesting upgrades to promote. You end up with vague brand promotion.

The ads aren't bad or good. I suspect most people will respond: Oh yeah, Apple. Have they released something new or interesting? I can't tell from this ad. No? Are they promoting something soon to be released? No? Oh well.

post #90 of 265
Quote:

Is there anything Apple does these days that doesn't either bring out the trolls or the Steve wouldn't have crowd?  1rolleyes.gif

It's the same people posting the same tired arguments over and over.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #91 of 265

The biggest problem with the campaign is the primary message: "we're better designers." Who cares?!? They'd be better served with just the Apple logo at the end and no tagline and ditching the narration "This is our signature and it means everything." Maybe to you, but not to me. How the device makes my life better means everything to me.

The other problem is that there are too many secondary messages. It's like they are trying to justify why Tim Cook has done so little with so much. Enough with piddly incremental improvements. Let's get back to dreaming big and shooting for the stars.

I'm critical of the campaign because it really undersells a fantastic company whose emphasis on the user experience is second to none.

post #92 of 265
Quote:

Apple isn't doomed, but Cook isn't the guy Apple needs right now, IMO. Apple needs vision and Cook seems to lack it. Admittedly, it's near impossible to follow a guy as charismatic as Steve Jobs. I wouldn't want to have to do that.

Who should run Apple then?
(Or, are you just here to attack Tim Cook?)

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #93 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Kanye West. 

Next question?

post #94 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I think MacFanDave's proposed right-winger spokesperson ad was hilarious! And sarcasm ( I hope).
Overseas, away from U.S. political polarization, California as a brand still is seen very positively.

I tend to agree, and that was a theory I had suggested awhile back when there was a thread about the prominent "designed in CA" marking on the new Mac Pro. However, when it comes to the TV ad I have to ask, are the things in the ad the things CA is viewed positively for? Or is it more for sun, surf, and Hollywood and being "cool"? I thought that was the direction they'd they'd take the whole Designed in CA theme.

As someone else previously stated, the ad was more like a "good old fashion values" ad which, really, has nothing to do specifically with California. In fact, little to do specifically with America. I'd even suggest for consideration that those values are more appreciated in other countries (having spent quite a bit of time lately in Europe) than they are in the US these days.

Is this ad playing anyplace outside the US?
post #95 of 265
Each scene of this commercial focuses on the emotion that people get while using an Apple device. I feel that emotion too when I pick up my iPod or MBA. Maybe not enough to qualify for this commercial, but it's there. Apple just found a way to tap into this response, and I think the ad is fine.
post #96 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd0ps View Post

I think the ad lacks the poetic touch "Think Different" had. "Think Different" was poetic and inspiring. This is rather bland, Cook obviously lacks Job's linguistic flair.

Edit: Yes, "Think Different" was a great poetic gesture.  But that message served a very different purpose.  It was to announce to the world that Apple is back and they're here to stay.  This new campaign's message is not about being the rising phoenix.  It's about Apple's message from the very beginning.  it's the Mission statement.  I think now is the best time to remind people why Apple does what they do.

I think that's the difference between the way Cook runs things and the way Jobs did.

Cook looks for the right person(s) to do the right job.  He seems to put an awful lot of trust in people.  That's not a bad thing all the time, but it does take the right eye to make sure those people are doing the right thing.

Jobs seemed to sweat every little detail of every little thing.  That's not a bad strategy either.  I believe he had to do that.  It was his purpose during his "second-coming" to put a roadmap in place and let the experts do their best to excel.  He also put an awful lot of trust in people too, but he was always there to push them further, make it better...in his greater scheme of things.  That was his job.  But that roadmap is now in place and he realized his time was short.  So he needed to find the right person to make sure his roadmap was accomplished.

Jobs put Cook in place (IMO) to make sure this team of experts executed and continued to relay the messages and goal of the greater company that Jobs put in place.  Time will tell if that was the best decision or not, it's still too early to tell.  But from where I see it, Cook is doing the right thing.

Apple's message isn't about flashy technology or a year-over-year WOW factor product line-up.  It's about changing the world through their products and services, and enhancing lives.  From where I stand, they're doing it.  Maybe slower than Wall Street or the larger blogosphere might want but it's happening...the best that a company like Apple can.

This commercial is exactly what Apple needs to convey that message.  If you don't get that, then you don't get Apple, or what Jobs's end-game goals were for Apple.

Edit: Actually, those little videos that Apple shows at their various keynotes over the years...you know, the ones that show how Apple has changes the lives of millions of people all over the world.  Those are the kinds of things i'd like to see on TV.  Sure the flashy adds sells products, but these short videos are the sole of Apple.  It's why they do what they do.  And I think they need to remind people of this.

Edited by antkm1 - 6/27/13 at 8:46am
post #97 of 265
My problem with this ad is who cares about "in California". What is the significance of where it's designed?

It feels like it's tricking us into misreading that it's "manufactured in California"
post #98 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifij775 View Post

Apple should evoke the thought of new, mind-blowing technology, not your grandma showing a slide-show

Inability to comprehend an advertisement does not a bad advertisement make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd0ps View Post

This is rather bland, Cook obviously lacks Job's linguistic flair.

You've been torn apart already, but you deserve more. So in your mind, Tim Cook is the only person who directed, produced, location scouted, was behind the camera, sat in the editing room, and scripted this commercial, huh?
Quote:

...talking about "we" without explaining until the very end who "we" is (consumer or company) is kind of a classic noob mistake. Surprised that such a prestigious firm made it.

So... just like every ad Apple has made since the return of Steve Jobs. 1oyvey.gif
Quote:

Drop the FUD, please. You're lucky Apple's American and not from somewhere else. lol.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

It's too serious.  Let's have some fun.  It looked like a Chrysler Ad for Detroit.

Since when has any Chrysler advertisement been anything but poorly-designed pseudo-fun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordio View Post

My problem with this ad is who cares about "in California". What is the significance of where it's designed?

That's what you answer for yourself by going to the website and seeing.
Quote:
It feels like it's tricking us into misreading that it's "manufactured in California"

It specifically says something that is nothing at all like that. You need to get in better touch with your feelings. 1tongue.gif

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #99 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by stike vomit View Post

Nope, but Jobs would likely call this for what it is - a pile of sugary w@nk - and people would listen.

Can we stop already with what "Steve would/would not have done"? He's gone and we can't assume to know.
post #100 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordio View Post

I think you answered your own question. But "tricking" is just your spin. What the heck do you think ads are for if not to influence buyers? How does "Designed [insert your favorite negative State name here] sound? Better?

Do you know that most U.S. and international auto producers have their design studios in California. Ponder that.
post #101 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergsf View Post

Can we stop already with what "Steve would/would not have done"? He's gone and we can't assume to know.

Can we stop with being okay that stike vomit posts here at all, too?

post #102 of 265
Quote:

Time to bring back Scott Forstall. /s (maybe)

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #103 of 265
Boring is the wrong word. The commercial however, is too reflective. It focuses inward on what Apple is doing now. Instead, a commercial that captures progress, hope for the future, growth, and excitement was and is needed.
post #104 of 265
Quote:

Well I have nothing against white people of course, but yes "smugness" is one of my least favourite human traits and I would argue most people around the world think similarly.  It really is an unusual situation in the USA where what would be thought of as smug self-promotion is thought of there as some kind of positive trait.  

That's ironic because, no offense, but "smugness" is what seems to permeate the majority of your posts. Back on topic, I didn't like the TV spot the first time I saw it and I still don't. I don't like the Mavericks name either. I've been using Apple computers for over 20 years and I agree with you and others that this campaign and OS naming shift have a certain smugness and narcissistic feel, more so than any other campaign I can remember. Obviously it's not the intention, but that's the way it's coming off to me. 

I've been an Apple advocate for decades, touting the attention to detail, the elouquent simplicity inherent in the UI, the fact that stuff just works the way it's supposed to the first time, etc. And to a certain degree Apple has usually let the products speak for themselves. In my opinion, there is no need for the "It's Our Signature" ad campaign. I really don't understand the point. Who is this ad for? What is it supposed to accomplish? I think that is why it ranked so poorly in that consumer survey. BTW, a sample size of 500 is insignificant and symptomatic of a growing trend towards "studies" being conducted by non-statistical analysts using biased and statistically insignificant sample sizes, so I take everything with a rather large grain of salt.

Oh, and I really don't like the new cotton candy/jelly bean/kindergarten color palette of iOS 7, but meh, whadda ya gonna do? I very much like the new Mac Pro. 

post #105 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by macFanDave View Post

I find the "it means everything" tagline to be very weak.  If you've ever watched "American Idol", "America's Got Talent" or any other of these reality TV abominations, you see the ritual of the judge or the host ask a contender what winning would mean, and the idiot contestant invariably says it would mean "everything."  That sentiment has become meaningless.

And don't go with "amazing."  That word has lost its meaning as well and belongs on the jibber-jabber dungheap with "awesome."

What word do you have in mind exactly?

post #106 of 265
The main thing I felt was wrong with the ad was that it went too far. The line "does it deserve to exist" didn't sit well with people - they thought it was an attack on others rather than a description of their own standards - and I think the last line "and it means everything" was too much.

I think they should have ended the advert emphatically on "this is our signature" i.e "We spend a lot of time on a few great things until every idea we touch, enhances each life it touches. You may rarely look at it but you'll always feel it. This is our signature". In other words, it's not just the label "Designed by Apple in California" that's their signature but the experience of their products.

I didn't like the inclusion of the music gig as that's used quite a lot and isn't as personal.

I think the overall concept behind it is great. I didn't get the impression that it's got anything to do with California, that's just the label they put on their products. With a little tweaking, maybe shorten the message a bit, I think it would have been a more powerful ad. I like the message and I hope it's one they continue to push, just a little more concisely.

Some of the scenes are starting to look too much like stock footage, especially the scene of the couple taking a photo of themselves. It's too false. One of the best scenes I felt was the kid using the iPad because the reaction looks genuine.
post #107 of 265

High falutin BS designed (in California) to cover up the fact that Apple is devoid of any new ideas for groundbreaking products that can excite the masses in any meaningful way. The AI apologists here miss the reality that AAPL is now under $400 and shrinking daily due to Tim Cook's incompetent out of touch leadership.  

post #108 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

I tend to agree, and that was a theory I had suggested awhile back when there was a thread about the prominent "designed in CA" marking on the new Mac Pro. However, when it comes to the TV ad I have to ask, are the things in the ad the things CA is viewed positively for? Or is it more for sun, surf, and Hollywood and being "cool"? I thought that was the direction they'd they'd take the whole Designed in CA theme.

I thought the California coolness factor, as well as the history of Apple's founding were the ideas being emphasized. Isn't California also the number one tourist destination for Asians? I think California is idealized by many foreigners. Mostly it is just people who live in nearby states that are not too fond of California. I live in California but the ad didn't impress me in any patriotic way. 

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #109 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

As an Apple shareholder (and there are many here), I am naturally concerned with the amount of navel-gazing coming out of Apple recently. More advertising missteps, releasing a very rough, unpolished looking beta-level iOS 7 for developers... Frankly, these are troubling for a variety of reasons. Primarily it indicates to me that the push for "insanely great" every time is fast becoming "good enough...I'll fix it tomorrow".

That kind of thinking might be OK at Microsoft, but it doesn't work at Apple. People need to start getting fired. I'm seeing less urgency at Apple now.

But  as BGR points out.

Quote:
Ace Metrix, which loved Microsoft’s Surface ads, says Apple ads are failing

(and if the Surface ads were loved by Ace Metrix, I sort of want them to hate Apple's;-) )

post #110 of 265

it's comes across as arrogance, made in California, like it's someplace so special.  I like Apple products and spend hours on my iPad, but the new ads do nothing.  Now having your wife (or whatever) touch phone to phone so you can watch her on video for your next business trip, now that ad catches your imagination.

post #111 of 265
Quote:

However, aren't they all? Do we really have an option? Can't really hold that against Apple, but advertising where it was designed is almost deceiving. Just about every product sold by a US company was designed in the US. Few of them are actually BUILT in the US, which, to me, is a shame.

I tend to agree.  In my last post I did praise this ad and still do.  But I neglected to mention that the "in California" thing is a bit silly.

But...I think it would be even more silly to not put something there.  They should be proud to have design all this stuff.  Very few companies do put that much pride into their work, or even recognize talent and the people who created it.  The fact that they reside in California is a little bit unfortunate.  And that's mainly because many think Californian are a bit smug...especially in the Bay Area.  Had Apple resided in Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Arizona or various other States, the outside perspective might be quite a bit different.  Why not just say, "Designed by Apple in Cupertino"?  That I think might be more acceptable than the State.

Should they say Designed by Apple in the USA?  no.  Should they include "made in China"?  That wouldn't be totally accurate since their products are assembled in China from parts made all over the world, including the USA.

It's a narrow line they are standing on but I think they did way they felt was right.

And I wouldn't say "build by children in China" because that's not accurate either.  We've heard a lot in the press over the years about labor in China regarding Apple, but never about underage or child labor (please correct me with a link if i'm wrong).  Now the Parts makers might be in a different story, but other than a total boycott of part manufacturers globally, there little anyone company can do to resolve this.  That's not saying the press and the powers that be can't try to rectify this.  And I think Apple does a pretty good job at attempting to rectify it.  However, when you work with companies in parts of the world where deception and blatant ignorance of morals is clearly askew, and the lack of respect many of these small companies have on said morals and they feverishly trying to cover up those practices.  it's very difficult to know where to point the finger.  East Asian politics and business practices are so vastly morally skewed from the western world, and they're very good at displacing all responsibility.

That all being said, and to actually respond to your comment...Things will look a bit different when the Mac Pro comes out.  They've already shown off the printing on the back that says "Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in the U.S."

From an outside perspective (meaning people from outside the USA), there is a much different perspective of the USA and companies within.  I don't think those's perspectives are wrong and they have every right to have them.  But, considering the economic climate over the past 5 years and the reputation of USA companies and the over-all decline in quality and brand over the last 50 years, the people of the USA need something to be proud of.  And yes, maybe these commercials should be more targeted at the USA audiences...but they also portray the message of Apple.  People choose to see what they want to based on many factors.  But to me, as an American who works 50% of the year in China, I see these adds and the "designed in" labels as something to be proud of.  And I will be glad to see the new Mac Pros assembled here.

Why isn't there as much hate out there for other companies that have similar practices?  You think Apple is that much more smug than the designers and owners of BMW?  Of Barbour? Of Rimowa?  Of Lexus? Or any other company in countries that produces great products?  I think much of the perspective is that something really great is coming from the USA.  Nobody claims the makers of Omega Watches are smug, ego-centric assholes do they?  Don't judge us by our politics or by Hollywood.  Judge us on the people that sweat this stuff day-in day-out.  That honestly try to produce great things.  You'll see we're not that much different from the same people, doing the same work in Poland, Brazil, Japan or anywhere else.  And we're proud of where we're from, just like you are.

post #112 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

High falutin BS designed (in California) to cover up the fact that Apple is devoid of any new ideas for groundbreaking products that can excite the masses in any meaningful way. The AI apologists here miss the reality that AAPL is now under $400 and shrinking daily due to Tim Cook's incompetent out of touch leadership.  
Yawn....and the trolls are clearly out of new ideas and innovation. 1rolleyes.gif
post #113 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Shut up and go away, then. Seems pretty simple to understand: you don't give a flying frick about the truth or what this company is actually doing, so what right or reason do you have to be on a website about said company?

post #114 of 265
I see this ad as a part of a common thematic thread that's seems to be appearing throughout Apple's culture. Maybe it's just coincidence but there's been an undercurrent of "made in America" popping up in Apple's activity this year and I think some of it is subtly aimed at Samsung. 1) Apple's pushing designed in California why? Maybe to differentiate themselves from Samsung in a way that the Korean company can't copy or combat (imagine "designed by Samsung in Seoul" - it wouldn't have near as great of an impact). 2) Obama himself helped push Apple towards bringing home some of its manufacturing, which resulted in the new Mac Pros being (mostly) made in America. Does this mean anything or am I just grasping at straws. Who knows? Personally, I think it's a great ad that (for a change) doesn't overbearingly shove things into your face and down your throat but rather takes its time to tell you that Apple also likes to take its time. It's the "we will sell no wine before its time" mantra. Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I would love to see the other ad Apple previewed at the last keynote that starts with "if everyone is busy making everything how can anyone perfect anything?" That one is excellent.
post #115 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The main thing I felt was wrong with the ad was that it went too far. The line "does it deserve to exist" didn't sit well with people - they thought it was an attack on others rather than a description of their own standards - and I think the last line "and it means everything" was too much.

I think they should have ended the advert emphatically on "this is our signature" i.e "We spend a lot of time on a few great things until every idea we touch, enhances each life it touches. You may rarely look at it but you'll always feel it. This is our signature". In other words, it's not just the label "Designed by Apple in California" that's their signature but the experience of their products.

I didn't like the inclusion of the music gig as that's used quite a lot and isn't as personal.

I think the overall concept behind it is great. I didn't get the impression that it's got anything to do with California, that's just the label they put on their products. With a little tweaking, maybe shorten the message a bit, I think it would have been a more powerful ad. I like the message and I hope it's one they continue to push, just a little more concisely.

Some of the scenes are starting to look too much like stock footage, especially the scene of the couple taking a photo of themselves. It's too false. One of the best scenes I felt was the kid using the iPad because the reaction looks genuine.

I was sitting here trying to think of how to express my thoughts on the ad and just read your post and you nailed it. The first 2 or 3 times I watched it I actually liked it but now I just tune out. It is beginning to look like stock footage and doesn't engage me anymore. I also think a designed in the U.S.A. might have had more cachet than California which means nothing to people that don't live there and for many that might even have a negative connotation. Think about the SNL skit called the Californians or the South Park episode about the Prius for example. I think for the campaign to be successful they need more than just this one ad and to alternate them so they stay fresh. They also need to get some better theme music, and like you said drop the "does it deserve to exist" line which came across as smug. The concept of the campaign has potential but they need some fine tuning because it just is not there yet. 

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

post #116 of 265
Quote:

It's the same people posting the same tired arguments over and over.
I'm so sick of the constant Steve references and the constant Steve would/wouldn't have done something or would have done it better. Steve wasn't a god. Not everything he did was perfect. And most of the executive leadership team was put in place by Steve. Lets face it, Steve was a great showman and salesman. He could make anyone think every Apple product down to the minute detail was conceived by him and only him. Of course we all know that's not true at all.
post #117 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I also think a designed in the U.S.A. might have had more cachet than California which means nothing to people that don't live there and for many that might even have a negative connotation. 

Yep, "designed in the USA" would've had broader appeal to the rest of the USA.

post #118 of 265

To me, the "designed in California" isn't so much a dig at other states, but every time I read or hear it, I'm immediately thinking to myself "and built overseas so that someone else gets the job."

post #119 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Shut up and go away, then. Seems pretty simple to understand: you don't give a flying frick about the truth or what this company is actually doing, so what right or reason do you have to be on a website about said company?

Was the stock $600 - $700 when Tim Cook took over? What do you think accounts for the bottom dropping out of this company in under 1 year? Do you know what the "company is actually doing"? Can you explain the reason for Apple's sudden implosion? Oh, and you think I don't have a right to have an opinion or be on this website? And you call yourself a mod, LOL? I'm the one who loves Apple! Your blindness to the facts makes you an Apple addict, strung out on a high you (and Apple) can't achieve any longer. What will you say when Apple hits $300, $200... I know. You'll say Apple is a great company. The facts don't matter, only my  warped opinion matters. 

post #120 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juil View Post

On a critical note, the two main messages that I get FROM THE VISUALS OF THE ADS, is that Apple’s products are accessible (meaning they are for everyone) and they have a positive impact on their user’s activities. But the WORDED MESSAGE doesn’t really work towards that direction precisely - the spoken/written message talks about them being focused, perfectionists, hard working, artists, proud, etc. That part of the message would have been better served by showing visuals of Apple’s people at work from various teams and work environments.

you have a point, but how much more boring and smug looking would your suggestion be?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 'Designed by Apple in California' ad ranks poorly in consumer survey