or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple rumored to release iOS 7 beta 3 for iPhone, iPad on July 8

Apple rumored to release iOS 7 beta 3 for iPhone, iPad on July 8

post #1 of 23
The next version of Apple's iOS 7 beta for iPhones and iPads might be pushed out to developers very soon, as a new report has Apple prepping to release the iOS 7 beta 3 in just over a week's time.

biggity

July 8 will mark the release of the next beta of iOS 7, according to "trusted sources" that leaked information to BGR. That date will see the build released to carriers for testing, and the beta will reportedly be released to developers on the same day.

Apple typically delivers beta builds of iOS 7 on Mondays, as was the case with the second beta released this week. Should the third beta iteration materialize on July 8, it would be doing so roughly a week ahead of when iOS 6 beta 3 appeared. That build was released on July 16, 2012.

The most recent beta brought support for Apple's iPad, so the new build will likely be available for all compatible iOS devices at the time of its release, including the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Reports hold that Apple has focused on refining iOS 7's design elements, with the goal of making the experience cohesive across the entirety of iOS.
post #2 of 23
Yeah. It's roughly two weeks after the last one. Nothin' to see here.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #3 of 23
Let's see how much more intuitive tge design of the OS will be in the next release
post #4 of 23
Is this really news? It's just another beta release.
post #5 of 23
Is this article for real?

Apple released beta 2 exactly two weeks to the day following beta 1.

Beta 3 releasing exactly 2 weeks to the day following beta 2 is a given. Obviously it could NOT happen, but there is no reason to "announce" it. It is expected..1rolleyes.gif
post #6 of 23
i cant wait......
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Actual Apple "news" only happens a handful times a year. If that's all your looking for, stop visiting rumor sites daily. 

post #8 of 23
Its also rumored to not fix the icons and rumored to make safari snappier.

Did I cover everything? Apart from the thousands of impressive APIs and xcode enhancements that don't matter.
Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
Doodle Dice iPhone puzzle game: A fun, free physics-laden collection of dice games.  Greatest app made yet?  Perhaps young man... Perhaps.
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Actual Apple "news" only happens a handful times a year. If that's all your looking for, stop visiting rumor sites daily. 

Ok. Let me rephrase, is this worth reporting?
post #10 of 23
Quote:

I guess as much news as a photo of supposed iPhone 5S battery.
post #11 of 23
Let's hope it's got subfolders enabled this time, instead of just as a hidden feature.

I don't give the south end of a northbound rat about the icons. Just let me organize my darned apps.
post #12 of 23
The sun is also scheduled to rise on the morning of July 8. Is that just a coincidence? Perhaps Apple is working on solar charging.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyngyrz View Post

Let's hope it's got subfolders enabled this time, instead of just as a hidden feature.

I don't give the south end of a northbound rat about the icons. Just let me organize my darned apps.

Not sure if this matters to you but in the current beta (and this was demonstrated on the keynote), you can swipe the folder contents and they are paged (i.e. you have several icon pages within the folder view).

Not the same as subfolders, but far less restrictive

post #14 of 23
So that means that the golden master will be ready in September
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclancer View Post

So that means that the golden master will be ready in September
Maybe but official release October. This is expected news of course.

Can someone notify my of a decently stable release to put on a home device.
post #16 of 23
Quote:

You and others took the time to stop and read it, so yes, it is news.
post #17 of 23
Beta is pretty stable on an iPhone 5. Most of my apps work fine (I have a lot), and in my case at least, there aren't any deal-breakers. Using iOS exclusively and I'm looking forward to Beta 3.

There's a slight issue with the Dock showing an incorrect transparency layer when changing wallpaper. This can be remedied either by restarting the device, or by changing to another wallpaper and then changing back.
post #18 of 23
Quote:

It is for developers.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
post #19 of 23
i heard a rumour they're fixing a spelling error in beta 4. and i couldn't be happier. but i'm waiting for the in-depth analysis and full-blown article by ded on that spelling error fix before i believe it.
post #20 of 23

I'm so excited for these betas. Hope they fix the bugs and bring out more features. 

post #21 of 23
I don't have any icon problems and my subfolders work fine! I love the new look and feel along with the gadgets. Do have some problems with the camera crashing when opening it or using it through other apps. Also Vine vids won't play. Does needs some work done on how fluidly it moves and smooth transition between apps or screens. Overall I love iOS 7 and will love it even more once all the kinks are worked out.
post #22 of 23
Hope if Fixes the Icons!
post #23 of 23

Question... I'm new to the whole beta testing thing and i was wondering is there a site that i can post things that are going on with my device to help them out so apple knows what some issues are with iOS 7.0?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple rumored to release iOS 7 beta 3 for iPhone, iPad on July 8