or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: Can Apple survive 2013?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Editorial: Can Apple survive 2013? - Page 3

post #81 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwhAgain View Post

You think you know anything? You think Jobs kept Ive's fingers from iOS all these years just because he was stupid? And Forstall had been doing a lousy job all these years? Ive could just burst in and build something better than the old team had been doing 8 years? Get your brain checked? If iOS 7 is release as the current form, 5 years later Apple will be today's Blackberry. Mark my words.

Quick question: have you actually used iOS 7 in person?

Steve personally made sure Ive had the most power of anyone at Apple save for him and Tim. Ive was also his "spiritual partner".

Further, Ive didn't code iOS 7. He merely oversaw the development. Craig F is now in charge of OS X and iOS.

I don't get all this Forstall love. Since his departure, iOS has advanced more than it has in years.
post #82 of 266

I still fear for Apple.

post #83 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Note:  That diagram is wrong and needs to be thrown out.  It is mistakenly based on an early 
incorrect
understanding of what Samsung calls "SAFE":


If "SAFE" were only only about MS Sync, encryption, VPN and MDM, then quite a few Android and iOS devices made for the past few years would be "SAFE".  


Instead, "SAFE" refers ONLY to Samsung's particular enhancements of specific, new MS and MDM features.  So the correct diagram is:






No. Translucency is one of the easiest graphics transformations and does not require much power.


(We were doing it years ago on even lowly 200 MHz Windows Mobile smartphones.   And on slower CPUs decades before that.)

Of course only Samsunf devices would fall into a category that they created. Or is "SAFE" and independent industry term?

Since iOS is accepted by businesses and government agencies, whereas Android is only really allowed under a BYOD mantra, Samsung was trying to show that "hey we're safe for work too!"

Which is actually what the graphic used in the article says. There's no mention of "Samsung SAFE".
post #84 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Quick question: have you actually used iOS 7 in person?

Steve personally made sure Ive had the most power of anyone at Apple save for him and Tim. Ive was also his "spiritual partner".

Further, Ive didn't code iOS 7. He merely oversaw the development. Craig F is now in charge of OS X and iOS.

I don't get all this Forstall love. Since his departure, iOS has advanced more than it has in years.
Steve obviously felt hardware and software needed to be kept separate. I doubt it had to do with anything specific about Ive. If someone else had been running ID they wouldn't have had control of software design under Steve either.
post #85 of 266

I have been reading "It's the Beginning of the End of Apple" headlines since I started using a Mac in 1991.  They're always shortsighted, wrong and stupid. It's a bad sign of a desperate author in need of an attention-grabbing headline. Occasionally, a cry-for-help of a bad writer.

 

I never thought I'd see one of those on Apple Insider. 

 

How disappointing. 


Edited by Tim Wayne - 6/30/13 at 10:33am
post #86 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

The article loses a lot of its sarcastic wittiness with such poor editing. 

 

Poor choice of title. A number of repeated sentences, and grammatical mistakes.

 

But if you are going to use that title, it would probably have been better with just the title, the first couple paragraphs and the last paragraph because the entire middle part of the article appears to be just an accidental copy and paste mistake from some unrelated Google bashing article.

 

Totally agree.  

 

I think with good editing (and an attitude that would allow him to allow someone else to edit his stuff), DED could be one of the best writers in the industry because his ideas are great, his research is usually better than most and he has insight and a sense of humour.  However, sloppy mistakes and being overly wordy, kill the mood and turn off the reader.  

post #87 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

 

 

Compared to those facts, whether or not a bunch of immoral, dimwitted, sociopathic stockbrokers think Apple is worth anything is completely irrelevant.  

The market is random at best, corruption is rampant within it, and the people you are relying on for "facts" have a different agenda than you think.  

 

I think he knows what their agenda is — simply in virtue of being one of them.

AppleInsider = Apple-in-cider. It's a joke!

I've used macs since 1985 when I typed up my first research paper. Never used anything else never wanted to.
Reply
AppleInsider = Apple-in-cider. It's a joke!

I've used macs since 1985 when I typed up my first research paper. Never used anything else never wanted to.
Reply
post #88 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwhAgain View Post

What is wrong with you DED? Just screaming unfair? It is unfair only because Apple has been so successful. The problem now is that Apple is actually listening to the noise. What is wrong with the slide to unlock that has been there since iPhone 1? Why the hell they relace some idiot proof thing with a very confusing way of slide. Have you played with the iOS 7? It is as ugly as Android 1.5, and also as stupid as them. Why the hell are they paying any attention to Android and Windows. the only way Android can catch up is that Apple screw themselves up, and iOS 7 it is. I loath it. Ive just accomplished what Google and all the OEMs could not done with 6 years combined work, to make Android better than iOS. he just totally ruined iOS.
Explain what you mean by Android catching up? In many respects Android has left iOS in the dust. In iOS 7 we're finally getting features we should have has in iOS 5. What did iOS 6 bring to the table? Panoramic photos (which Android already had) and Siri providing sports scores? Wow that's really blowing past the competition. 1rolleyes.gif
post #89 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwhAgain View Post

The problem now is that Apple is actually listening to the noise.

This is what I am worried about too. Samsung just releases every product they develop (it seems). But Steve Jobs was famous for calling people's work sh*t and repeatedly asking them to do it over. And even cancelling things that a lot of money had been spent on. But he is gone now, so who will fill this role? I hope it is not going to be the general public or the critics! 

 

Tim Cook is a genius businessman but does he have taste (not in a small way, in the sense of deeply held ideas about truth and beauty), these kind of ideas come from philosophy and art (e.g. Steve going to India) not business. You say he will get Jony Ive to handle this, but what if Jony is actually developing the project in question (iOS 7)? Is he going to tell *himself* "It's sh*t" and throw out 6 months of his own work while Tim is breathing down his neck to get it out the door? 

 

Steve Jobs was once asked what Apple product he was proudest of and he answered "All the ones we didn't ship." In other words he was most proud of the fact that his company has taste.

post #90 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by japm View Post

No.

Apple (lately) is more like the scientist who claims to have cured cancer, but actually just copied another scientist who really cured it 2 years ago.
There we are! A clueless troll finally raises their head, gasping for air in their oxygen deprived world...
post #91 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I'm surprised that Hwy 93 does NOT descend into the Colorado River gorge like that. Google Maps is clearly the gold standard for Mapping Truth.

Did the Verge report this Google Map perfection? Do they still have the integrity?
post #92 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska99801 View Post

Really, you needed that headline to sell your words? A bit whorish!

Imaging a consumer looking to buy an Apple device, and searching the web and finding your article, "Can Apple Survive 2013". And we are already only six months away from the end of 2013.
I if I didn't know better, unlike most consumers, and with the beating the stock is getting (with no real reason, except speculation), would take my money elsewhere. Why would anyone buy from a company that might go out of business this year?

You see, you think that most people understand your nuances, or read the piece. No, a headline is good enough for the regular consumer. Thank you very much for unknowingly (maybe, Samsung pays well) helping the competition.

Competition is great, but honest competition is.

Did you have the curiosity to investigate why all of a sudden, one research company is telling us Apple new ad has failed? Doesn't that interest you as a so-called journalist, or whatever you call yourself?
Tell me the last time Apple had to lie about their competition? Even Microsoft in their new ads use deceptive practices by photoshopping the look of the iPad vs. the Surface. Did you write about it? Has Apple ever had to hire people to protest in front of a competitor business?

Balance boy, balance. The difference between an honest man and an unscrupulous one.

This is embarrassing. My note added to your post here didn't go through so looks like I supported your argument.

Here is what I wrote in 100 word allowance:

Headlines grab eyes—DED ain't afraid to take em on. NB.Advert 1984 was 1st thought a failure, too
. . .

So I shall add more. Balance in today's world seems to mean squat. The trolls take over and destroy sites. AI takes on the rubbish and is not apologetic. I call that plain old fashioned BALLs. The same kind of balls it takes to win a dis-honest war, but more importantly, to get word out against the unscrupulous.

Namby-pamby ain't to be found here.

I needs some water. 1smile.gif

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

Reply

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

Reply
post #93 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wayne View Post

I have been reading "It's the Beginning of the End of Apple" headlines since I started using a Mac in 1991.  They're always shortsighted, stupid, and a sign of a desperate author in need of an attention-grabbing headline.

I never thought I'd see one of those on Apple Insider. 

How disappointing. 


One post, cant read. Not a good start.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #94 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

This is what I am worried about too. Samsung just releases every product they develop (it seems). But Steve Jobs was famous for calling people's work sh*t and repeatedly asking them to do it over. And even cancelling things that a lot of money had been spent on. But he is gone now, so who will fill this role? I hope it is not going to be the general public or the critics! 

Tim Cook is a genius businessman but does he have taste (not in a small way, in the sense of deeply held ideas about truth and beauty), these kind of ideas come from philosophy and art (e.g. Steve going to India) not business. You say he will get Jony Ive to handle this, but what if Jony is actually developing the project in question (iOS 7)? Is he going to tell *himself* "It's sh*t" and throw out 6 months of his own work while Tim is breathing down his neck to get it out the door? 

Steve Jobs was once asked what Apple product he was proudest of and he answered "All the ones we didn't ship." In other words he was most proud of the fact that his company has taste.
Steve Jobs wasn't the ultimate arbiter of taste. He did approve of faux leather and green felt after all. Also, Jony Ive does not have ownership of iOS, Craig Federighi does. As far as we know the software design team is the same as it was when Scott Forstall was running iOS. I highly doubt Ive came in and dictated the way it would be with no input allowed from Federighi or the software guys under him. If that was the case we'd be hearing stories of software engineers/designers leaving.

But for as much as some are screaming about how horrible iOS 7 is, we have yet to hear rumors about internal strife at Apple over the redesign. No John Gruber or Rene Ritchie or Mark Gurman story about Apple software engineers or designers feuding with Ive over the redesign or secretly hating it. In fact if you watch the WWDC developer videos, the software engineers seem quite excited with iOS 7. Now maybe they're all drinking Jony's kool-aid but I some how doubt it.
post #95 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

If you compare only Apple's slowest post-launch quarter against Samsung's best quarter in the last 4 you do get Apple having "only" 57% of the industry's profits. If you look at 2012, Apple's share of the industry was 69%, twice that of Samsung.

But the Canaccord Genuity numbers you cite also compare Apple's entire mobile business (including all expenses involved with developing its products) against Samsung's smartphone "cream off the top" numbers, ignoring its own chip business expenses, which are reported separately.

Apple's figures also reflect margins of 35-46%, compared to Samsung's 15-23%. Samsung is selling huge volumes of phones, but they are not nearly as profitable. Its higher end phones are also running out of growth. So rather than being a "falling" trend for Apple as you falsely suggest, you're really just calling attention to the intersection of Apple's sales (albeit still record setting) trough and Samsung's greatest surge of the year.

We shouldn't be impressed that the worlds largest phone maker is only earning 43% of the industry's profits, and is having its ass handed to it by Apple. And you should be more hesitant to "fact check" when you're not really aware of what any of the facts are or what they might mean.

I know exactly what the author meant. And you haven't refuted the facts - he is wrong. The 75% came from the last Q last year, or Apple's first financial quarter. I know this because I read the actual sources that DED fails to link to. Since then it has dropped, and the drop in profit share is likely to have continued into this last quarter, and into next. Profit share is a multiplier of market share and profits per device, both are going to fall this quarter, as Apple are forecasting both lower sales than last quarter and a higher mix of lower cost models - which, if you listened to the conference calls and unlike most of the Ditto heads posting here I have listened to Apples conference calls since 1998 - is a trend Apple expects to continue.

The rest of your stats are not relevant to, or already included in, the figure which DED misquoted.

So much for "facts on the internet". And this is the second time he has assumed that one quarter is all that he needs to quote.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #96 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Or there won't be any "paid" Samsung critics of this article on this low volume, unimportant site on the internet. What would be nice is if the place wasn't run like a religious cult seeking out heretics, , or some trotskyite convention accusing some critics of selling out to the Bourgeoisie.

This DED guys is short on facts on logic, and fails to ever believe that Apple could make a mistake, or fumble a bit. With that being the editorial position of the once great - and once critical - AI, its no wonder the place has become a cesspool of semi-literate adhominens, accusations of trolling, and attempts at curtailing of debate.

Needs a clean out.
And let's start with you.... DED is pretty much right on in his analysis of the market. As an expat living in China, and having left my iPhone in a taxi, I purchased a cheap (150 USD) Chinese brand Android phone just to play around and see what all the fuss was about before I bought a replacement iPhone out of Hong Kong - what a piece of shit! And not just the hardware, but also the OS. Tens of millions of consumers are buying mediocre crap, and that is overstating the level of quality. As to your supposed "facts" on profitability, you are wrong. Your ignorance on profitability is astonishing. You quote figures for just one quarter from one analyst without regard to the bigger picture - a quarter when Apple's sales generally soften after a previous launch, and competitors gear up to take advantage, especially using heavy discounting and paying commissions to sales staffs to push their brand over others - which is one of Samsung's core tactics. Competitors also use this window to launch a myriad of new products to counter the IPhone during this seasonal lull. You obviously don't have a good handle on what is really happening in the marketplace.
post #97 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Of course only Samsung devices would fall into a category that they created. Or is "SAFE" and independent industry term?

 

It's a Samsung acronym..   SAFE = SAmsung For Enterprise.

 

Quote:
Since iOS is accepted by businesses and government agencies, whereas Android is only really allowed under a BYOD mantra, Samsung was trying to show that "hey we're safe for work too!"

 

Android is used by businesses, too, and the military has custom Android phones for secure uses.  But sure, Samsung was using their acronym to attract more enterprise usage.

 

Quote:
Which is actually what the graphic used in the article says. There's no mention of "Samsung SAFE".

 

Because it mistook the acronym SAFE for meaning "safe" in general.   That's why it lumped iPads and iPhones in with the Samsung Galaxy SAFE devices.... and threw everything else into a "non safe" section... when it was really a non-SAFE section, if you get my meaning.

 

The upshot is, it's a misleading diagram.  That was understandable long ago before it was understood what was meant, but that excuse is long gone.

post #98 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Trollest Shill on the attack again of anyone that posts a opinion contrary to his.

1. Shut your hole.
2. Tell me that anything he said is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

I must have missed that. What proof and which users?

Let's see... SuperJunior and all the accounts associated with him... and then I forget the username but the guy who was whining about nationalism and how some Japanese Islands actually belonged to Korea. Both were caught posting from Samsung-owned IP addresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwhAgain View Post

You think you know anything? You think Jobs kept Ive's fingers from iOS all these years just because he was stupid? And Forstall had been doing a lousy job all these years? Ive could just burst in and build something better than the old team had been doing 8 years? Get your brain checked? If iOS 7 is release as the current form, 5 years later Apple will be today's Blackberry. Mark my words.

First, you know absolutely nothing about the internals of Apple, therefore cannot say anything you have said here.

Second, people have been making that bet for roughly 20 years now. It's funny every single time.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #99 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Stop posting nonsense. That 57% is data for ONE quarter. One possibly freak quarter because of a new product intro for Samsung. Many recent reports suggest that S4 sales are coming in poorly relative to projections and expectations: it will be a rather ephemeral quarter of profits for Samsung, one that's tough to repeat.

Let's check back at the end of the year, shall we? I'd venture a strong guess that DED is right and that Apple will easily end up with 75% as it has in prior years.

It won't, not until Q4, because as Apple say themselves - which you would know if you listened to any conference calls which you probably haven't since cultism doesn't really need facts - they expect lower sales and lower margins this quarter. The figures I am quoting are therefore the most recent, the figures DED is quoting are out of date by one quarter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

And, I truly wish you'd stop your incessant trolling and pro-Android shilling on an Apple fan site. Go get a life.

What I do do is point out the inconsistencies in these articles, and support the increase of Apple's market share with lower priced models.

This is a discussion with people who may have different opions.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #100 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

In most forums if a senior member is called a troll by a newbie the newbie is removed. Banned. Site ban. Goodbye.

And that's as foolish as calling someone a troll just because they disagree with an article. Old guard over new doesn't do anyone any favors.
Quote:
What I do do is point out the inconsistencies in these articles...

And good on you for doing that!

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #101 of 266
Apple is not about profit & shares. Apple is a unique visionary company. What I really like Apple is they have a future roadmaps for all their devices & software. They always focus carefully in designing high quality hardware integrate with their software & services.
My first smartphone is samsung. Ive been using it for more than a year. When I try to use iphone & ipad I noticed that iDevices are totally different from other devices. Its not only the premium hardware but its overall experience in Apple integration of the ( hardware+software+service) combine together to make users the best experience. Since then Ive never come back to Endroid!
post #102 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

1. Shut your hole.
2. Tell me that anything he said is true.

1. As long as your hole is open so will mine.
2. It was his opinion, he has every right to express it and you have every right to disagree but instead you chose to attack him/her. You're nothing but a brainless bully with little to add to any thread.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #103 of 266
Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Quick question: have you actually used iOS 7 in person?

Steve personally made sure Ive had the most power of anyone at Apple save for him and Tim. Ive was also his "spiritual partner".

Further, Ive didn't code iOS 7. He merely oversaw the development. Craig F is now in charge of OS X and iOS.

I don't get all this Forstall love. Since his departure, iOS has advanced more than it has in years.
Yes buddy, I have used it. Have you? I am an iOS developer, got to check it out first hand. And I am not the only one who loath it. Mind you I always loved iOS , even I actually have done more work on Android.
post #104 of 266

Very good Dan,

 

You dit it!  This article is a vast improvement over the last few.  You kicked some Andriodian booty and came across as a professional in the process.  That means you are taking the advice of your readers and writing from a more evolved, higher ground.

 

way to go!

post #105 of 266

Hey AI.  Quit putting alarmist titles on your articles, like Apple might not survive 2013.

 

If Apple dies, your website is also dead.  Think about it.

post #106 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Google had to foresight to know that devs could improve on native apps. I constantly read complaints on Apple's keyboard here. It's nice to have a choice.

 

lol.gif

post #107 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Steve Jobs wasn't the ultimate arbiter of taste. He did approve of faux leather and green felt after all. Also, Jony Ive does not have ownership of iOS, Craig Federighi does. As far as we know the software design team is the same as it was when Scott Forstall was running iOS. I highly doubt Ive came in and dictated the way it would be with no input allowed from Federighi or the software guys under him. If that was the case we'd be hearing stories of software engineers/designers leaving.

 

 

It's a fairly standard thing in software dev for developers to receive a requirements document specifying functionality, including what the GUI will look like, and they're expected to just implement it. I don't think devs would quit over the design team giving them a GUI specification, it would just seem normal practice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

But for as much as some are screaming about how horrible iOS 7 is, we have yet to hear rumors about internal strife at Apple over the redesign. No John Gruber or Rene Ritchie or Mark Gurman story about Apple software engineers or designers feuding with Ive over the redesign or secretly hating it. In fact if you watch the WWDC developer videos, the software engineers seem quite excited with iOS 7. Now maybe they're all drinking Jony's kool-aid but I some how doubt it.

 

But we did. Before WWDC13 Gruber came out and said iOS 7 would be "polarising." At that point, before it was publicly available, who could have been polarised but the people at Apple?
post #108 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

 

It's a Samsung acronym..   SAFE = SAmsung For Enterprise.

 

 

Android is used by businesses, too, and the military has custom Android phones for secure uses.  But sure, Samsung was using their acronym to attract more enterprise usage.

 

 

Because it mistook the acronym SAFE for meaning "safe" in general.   That's why it lumped iPads and iPhones in with the Samsung Galaxy SAFE devices.... and threw everything else into a "non safe" section... when it was really a non-SAFE section, if you get my meaning.

 

The upshot is, it's a misleading diagram.  That was understandable long ago before it was understood what was meant, but that excuse is long gone.

 

lol.gif

 

You guys are cracking me up tonight.

post #109 of 266
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Explain what you mean by Android catching up? In many respects Android has left iOS in the dust. In iOS 7 we're finally getting features we should have has in iOS 5. What did iOS 6 bring to the table? Panoramic photos (which Android already had) and Siri providing sports scores? Wow that's really blowing past the competition. 1rolleyes.gif
Android has been catching up for the past 5 years, by making it look and more and more like iOS. iOS is never about feature piling, remember iPhone did not even have 3G. Only iOS 4 added multi tasking. Blackberry had that well before 2007. Those things are NOT important. iOS has always excelled on intuitiveness and fluidity, which Android could never match. Some idiots deride Apple was for non tech people, that is actually the highest compliments for developer/designers, because they took pains to make their product easy to use. iOS 7 has neither. It is stupid and ugly. After using it a day I switched back to iOS 6 and could not be happier.
post #110 of 266
Apparently the author has never heard of Betteridge's Law.
post #111 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkelly View Post

This article does not hold up to the level of quality and professionalism I have come to expect from Apple Insider. Very silly and crude.

That was my first impression, too g. Bit of a rant.

Samsung will soon "google" android "up the a*s!"

It will try and "copy" Apple's ecosystem model.

But just like ms, amazon, Sony and google it will fail.

They all have nerdy programmers that will put out crappy HW & crappy SW.

Apple has SJ's continued influence to persue perfection! 1smile.gif

P.S. Yes, it is "an" instead of "a" when the following word begins with a vowel.

And while I'm at it, please someone tell President Obama (and all Americans) when spoken, "a" is pronounced "ah" not (h)ay. It's "a(h) policy," not "(h)ay policy!"

Sheez! If Daniel Webster were alive today, he'd be rolling over in his grave! (Avoid all cliches like the plague!)
Edited by christopher126 - 6/29/13 at 8:31pm
post #112 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

You mean your post wasn't meant to be funny?

No but I'll take laughs anyway I can get them. 1smoking.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #113 of 266

Are this many people really so stupid as to think the title was serious?  Or that it somehow harms Apple if some knothead out there runs across it and doesn't read the accompanying article?  Really?

post #114 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

you know absolutely nothing about the internals of Apple, therefore cannot say anything you have said here.

Second, people have been making that bet for roughly 20 years now. It's funny every single time.
You know what is different this time? Steve Jobs is no more.
post #115 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanTiger View Post

Are this many people really so stupid as to think the title was serious?  Or that it somehow harms Apple if some knothead out there runs across it and doesn't read the accompanying article?  Really?

Again, the problem with the title is that it doesn't follow the protocol for having a question for a title. The answer shouldn't be so obvious and the answer should ultimately be no.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #116 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by japm View Post

 

No.

 

Apple (lately) is more like the scientist who claims to have cured cancer, but actually just copied another scientist who really cured it 2 years ago.

You mean kind of like the data detectors that Google and Samsung copied but tried to claim Apple copied them from someone else?  Well they copied them from themselves from the mid 80s.  Last year Google tried to upstage Apple by saying they were doing things that Apple was rumored to be coming out with, like the 3D flyover.  They finally came out many months later.  This year because Apple sealed the leaks, Google had nothing really new to show but Google Glasses. How is that useful?

post #117 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwhAgain View Post

Y
Yes buddy, I have used it. Have you? I am an iOS developer, got to check it out first hand. And I am not the only one who loath it. Mind you I always loved iOS , even I actually have done more work on Android.

So then you must realize that it's a beta and already some things have been tweaked.

The biggest paradigm shift of iOS 7 is for the OS to get out of the way of the content/apps.
post #118 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

2. It was his opinion, he has every right to express it...

No. Don't even bother trying again. You don't care enough to get it right.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #119 of 266
I don't know anyone in love with their Android phone.
post #120 of 266
Article is again way too long... to prove a point(?)

Anyway I just wanted to say that iOS7 is ugly and is a step back usability wise. I don't want to use a phone where everything is white, white, white! It hurts to use (I've seen the developers preview)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: Can Apple survive 2013?