or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS ad share continues to grow, accounts for almost two-thirds of market

iOS ad share continues to grow, accounts for almost two-thirds of market - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

... hitting Google right where it hurts.  96% of Google's revenue comes from ads.

Never forget that.

Oh, and ironically, Google makes more money from ads on iOS than they do from the entire Android "ecosystem," fragmented weedpatch that it is.

How does that hit "Google right where it hurts?"  Haven't you ever wondered by Google produces apps for iOS devices...and Windows, and Blackberry?  They're all about apps.  You can bet that a lot of those iOS ads are being placed by Google.

Android is just a side project to make sure Apple doesn't take over the mobile device space and in that regard, it's done very well.

post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

That wasn't my point. For Google to work cross purpose to Apple has caused them a lot of exposure.

Siri uses Wolfram|Alpha which is more then just a search engine. Apple may actively be helping this source to become better and better. As of WWDC Apple has shown they will steer users to Bing that could have went to Google. Also, Apple is very friendly with Yahoo, who is much of the search engine behind Bing. Finally, Apple has dropped Google for their maps. Just one more way Google is being cut out of the access to Apple's customers.

While nothing big seems to be happening, it has got to have an effect over time, and the upside needs to out-weigh the downside. I think it was an ill-conceived move to challenge Apple. Let's see if I'm right or wrong.

Maps alone was worth $500 m annually to Google in 2011.
Google supposedly pays $1 b annually to Apple to make Google Search the default search engine
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • iOS ad share continues to grow, accounts for almost two-thirds of market
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS ad share continues to grow, accounts for almost two-thirds of market