or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple rolls out iWork for iCloud beta, brings productivity suite to the Web [u]

Apple rolls out iWork for iCloud beta, brings productivity suite to the Web [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury Markowitz View Post

Great, so now we have iWork on the web... and still no Maps!

Well, if you compare the performance of the Maps app included with the 10.9 beta with Google Maps, even when running in Chrome, or on a ChromeBook Pixel... You will see why Apple made a native app. It makes Google Maps look like a complete dog. (Of course, depending on your location, the quality of the mapping and POI data might be another question. Where I am frequently, Germany and India, it can't really compete with Google... and Apple has not implemented a single one of the almost 500 corrections I have sent them since iOS6 is out. And I have given up now.)
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury Markowitz View Post

Great, so now we have iWork on the web... and still no Maps!

For that you need to go here:
https://developer.apple.com/programs/mac/
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

Well, if you compare the performance of the Maps app included with the 10.9 beta with Google Maps, even when running in Chrome, or on a ChromeBook Pixel... You will see why Apple made a native app. It makes Google Maps look like a complete dog. (Of course, depending on your location, the quality of the mapping and POI data might be another question. Where I am frequently, Germany and India, it can't really compete with Google... and Apple has not implemented a single one of the almost 500 corrections I have sent them since iOS6 is out. And I have given up now.)

I don't have 10.9 installed, but am interested if we get flyover in Germany. Google doesn't have Street View, safe for the big cities. According to this article, they stopped because:

Google isn’t taking any of the old Street View pictures down, but they’re not adding or updating any either. Street View was just launched in Germany last summer, but was scrutinized for its privacy after pictures showed up of random people picking their nose, taking a dump behind a tree, or any other types of incriminating shots.

post #44 of 48

Well done so far.  It's basically iOS-level iWork, I'll still need to dip into full-blown Mac App for things, but you can get (more than-) basic writing, calculating and presentation done here, and have it everywhere you need it.  Much more user-friendly than Google Docs.  

post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I don't have 10.9 installed, but am interested if we get flyover in Germany.

There are a few Flyovers for Germany for now, including the Berlin government district and central Munich. (Don't ask how our parliament managed to get 4 stars on Yelp though.) But my understanding is that Flyover is not supposed to provide 100% coverage (and could thus be a Street View replacement).

post #46 of 48

Anyone managed to create a chart with Numbers? Still can't figure if out.

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

Anyone managed to create a chart with Numbers? Still can't figure if out.

Doesn't appear to be working, for now:
http://help.apple.com/numbers-icloud/1/#gil9d3e80230

Edited by PhilBoogie - 7/4/13 at 11:46pm
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

There are a few Flyovers for Germany for now, including the Berlin government district and central Munich. (Don't ask how our parliament managed to get 4 stars on Yelp though.) But my understanding is that Flyover is not supposed to provide 100% coverage (and could thus be a Street View replacement).

Thanks for this post. Too funny on the 'how our parliament managed...'
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple rolls out iWork for iCloud beta, brings productivity suite to the Web [u]