or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Zimmerman Not Guilty

Zimmerman Not Guilty - Page 2

post #41 of 62

Welcome to AI.

I stand corrected on the stay in car point.  As I said above, I did not follow this case closely.  I think Florida is a whacky place anyways (laws, politics, etc).

You joined just for this?

Edited by Bergermeister - 7/21/13 at 8:07pm

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #42 of 62

McCain says Arizona should review Stand Your Ground.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/21/john-mccain-stand-your-ground_n_3631171.html

post #43 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/21/john-mccain-stand-your-ground_n_3631171.html

That's all well and fine. It's not particularly relevant to the circumstances of this case, which supposedly well-informed and legally astute individuals like Barack Obama and Eric Holder would, presumably, realize. But, it's politics and, in politics, using whatever one can to further a political agenda is to be expected.

In the end though, it strikes me as rather hypocritical for anyone from the federal government of the United States to consider reducing or diminishing anyone's moral and legal right to stand their ground especially when "standing your ground" (if not outright pursing potential attackers or offenders) is the apparent legal and moral doctrine of that same government.

*Added accidentally omitted "not."

Edited by RogerMcCabe - 7/22/13 at 9:27am
post #44 of 62
Quote:

McCain is a weasel (and his "opinion of convenience" will hopefully come back to bite him in the arse).

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #45 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

McCain is a weasel (and his "opinion of convenience" will hopefully come back to bite him in the arse).

He certainly doesn't make many "respected person" lists.

Edited by Bergermeister - 7/22/13 at 12:17am

post #46 of 62

He is right they should review this idiotic law that in a lot of states.I hope Arizona repeals this law eventually.

post #47 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

He is right they should review this idiotic law that in a lot of states.I hope Arizona repeals this law eventually.

Yea they should change the law that had nothing to do with this case. 'cause that will fix it for next time.1rolleyes.gif

post #48 of 62

It's obvious this is no longer specifically about TM or GZ, but about using them to promote various political and social agendas. It's also being used as a deliberate distraction from more important issues that need our attention.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #49 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

It's obvious this is no longer specifically about TM or GZ, but about using them to promote various political and social agendas. It's also being used as a deliberate distraction from more important issues that need our attention.

In terms of "importance" I put this one right up there with the "royal baby."

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #50 of 62

He didn't beat and rob them, he helped them-

PHOTO: George Zimmerman, defendant in killing of Trayvon Martin, is sworn in as a witness in pre-trial hearing.

"George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue a family who was trapped in an overturned vehicle, police said today.

Zimmerman was one of two men who came to the aid of Dana and Mark Gerstle and their two children, who were trapped inside a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had rolled over after traveling off the highway in Sanford, Fla. at approximately 5:45 p.m. Thursday, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route Route 46, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where Zimmerman shot Martin.

By the time police arrived, two people - including Zimmerman - had already helped the family get out of the overturned car, the sheriff's office said. No one was reported to be injured.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after speaking with the deputy, police said."
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #51 of 62

This case with Zimmerman was problematic  from the start and ended up with more flaws from the defense than Swiss cheese has holes.I would not want to be in Zimmerman's shoes at all.

post #52 of 62

post #53 of 62

Today I realized why PO's left wingers have been MIA for awhile. Turns out they've been busy attending political rallies across the country.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #54 of 62

They sure have. Good for them.

post #55 of 62

A juror speaks:  Zimmerman got away with murder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/25/george-zimmerman-trial-juror-b29_n_3654183.html

The only minority on the jury sat with Good Morning America.  

I can just imagine how some people will respond to this...

post #56 of 62

It boggles the mind.

A juror admits there's not enough evidence to convict, yet feels the need to say "he got away with murder" to save herself from the liberal mob.

post #57 of 62
Quote:

A juror speaks:  Zimmerman got away with murder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/25/george-zimmerman-trial-juror-b29_n_3654183.html

What is there really to say?!? She said she felt thing but couldn't prove the feelings and acted based on the evidence. She did what she was supposed to do.

The only minority on the jury sat with Good Morning America.  

I can just imagine how some people will respond to this...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #58 of 62

Zimmerman go away with murder so did OJ Simpson also.Where is the justice in the states ?

post #59 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It won't put it to rest at all. Sammi and others are repeating a narrative completely divorced from the facts.

What the real outrage should be about is items like this that are happening all over America.

The real crime is that the system goes light or outright goes missing on criminal and violent actions by the Trayvon's of the world if they happen to be of a certain ethnicity because there are simply too many of them to be racially balanced in terms of statistics.

So while no one has to be perfect, when you get away with small crimes, you aren't afraid to go big because you have never gotten your hand slapped. You played with fire and never were burned. So what could have been a small time action and a turn to the straight and narrow instead becomes the ticket to big time criminality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm sure this will put the SYG issue to rest.

Sorry, the Zimmerman Case Still Has Nothing to Do With 'Stand Your Ground'

Jacob Sullum|

Jul. 14, 2013 11:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

You didn't just post that did you? The logical inconsistency in that "news" report. How is it is that he didn't utilize SYG and yet it was his CENTRAL defense? Zimmerman argued self defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

HOGWASH!

(extracted)

Initially, police didn’t arrest Zimmerman as he asserted self-defense under the state’s Stand Your Ground law. While his attorneys never filed an official Stand Your Ground motion in the case, the claim would become Zimmerman’s central defense.

Last year, state Senator Dwight Bullard , D-39th District, led the charge against the Stand Your Ground law which the state’s legislature passed in 2005. While some say the law did not play a part in the trial, on CBS4′s “Facing South Florida” Bullard told Jim DeFede he disagrees.

“The reality is that from the very first steps taken by police in Sanford, in their inability to put Mr. Zimmerman in prison, it had everything to do with blow back from the Stand Your Ground law,” said Bullard. “When you look at the prosecution’s inability to give rules to the jurors in regards to did Zimmerman retreat or could he have retreated, it had everything to do with that statute.”

Before the law, if a person had the opportunity to retreat from a potentially dangerous situation, they were obligated to do so. Under the Stand Your Ground law, a person has no obligation to do so.

According to many, the Stand Your Ground law appears to have been an integral art of this case.

Link

Zimmerman extensively studied the Stand Your Ground law *PRIOR* to the killing. (He denied this at first). Would he have shot and killed this person had it not been for that prior knowledge?

The incredible irony of this is that Stand Your Ground laws are used by minorities more than 3 to 1 as compared to whites. Why any so-called leader of the "black community" would want to make it more difficult for minorities to assert self defense is utterly incomprehensible to me.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/blacks-benefit-from-florida-stand-your-ground-law-at-disproportionate-rate/

http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/fatal-cases

post #60 of 62

Tell that to Al S. who adores Whites and Jews.

post #61 of 62

Most of the shit that goes on in this terminally fucked-up world is about free-flowing testosterone in the bodies of men who lack the awareness, or the "material upstairs" to either control themselves, or behave in a manner that can be described as "civilized".

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #62 of 62

The world is not fucked up the people living in it are.**** this generation period!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Zimmerman Not Guilty