or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google Maps for iOS adds iPad support, live traffic updates and indoor navigation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google Maps for iOS adds iPad support, live traffic updates and indoor navigation - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

And yeah, "Indoor Navigation" is a Google euphemism for "spying on you as you walk around the mall."

As if tracking your every online move isn't enough already.

 

From Post #17:  "Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers".

 

They have to know where you are in the mall to spoonfeed you the ads they are selling to Finish Line and Great Clips as you walk through the mall.

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

  MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

  MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Reply
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

From Post #17:  "Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers".

They have to know where you are in the mall to spoonfeed you the ads they are selling to Finish Line and Great Clips as you walk through the mall.

Every navigation app has to know where you are... Google, Apple, TomTom, Navigon, Garmin etc.. Otherwise how could it point you in the right direction? It's common sense.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


Every navigation app has to know where you are... Google, Apple, TomTom, Navigon, Garmin etc.. Otherwise how could it point you in the right direction? It's common sense.

 

No they don't, you can explore manually, with Google maps on iOS you start every time at Stonehenge.

 

I got a Galaxy S4 to play with, these card things keep popping up  telling me how far I am from "work" or "home", thing is I never told Google where "work" and "home" are.

 

At least Samsung doesn't even have my street on it's free Navigon software so presumably thinks I live in a large empty space.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

No they don't, you can explore manually, with Google maps on iOS you start every time at Stonehenge.

I got a Galaxy S4 to play with, these card things keep popping up  telling me how far I am from "work" or "home", thing is I never told Google where "work" and "home" are.

At least Samsung doesn't even have my street on it's free Navigon software so presumably thinks I live in a large empty space.

Your talking about simply browsing a map. To navigate you from point A to B the app has to know where you are... Point A. Without location active the best you can do is trip planning, not navigation. Common sense sir.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Google Maps for iOS adds iPad support, live traffic updates and indoor navigation
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google Maps for iOS adds iPad support, live traffic updates and indoor navigation