or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Selling 50% of iPhones through Apple's retail stores viewed as an unrealistic, lofty goal

Selling 50% of iPhones through Apple's retail stores viewed as an unrealistic, lofty goal - Page 3

post #81 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

You have to set unrealistic goals when networks are dumping iPhones. 

I remember reading in the Steve bio book, he wanted to setup Apple's own wireless carrier network. Apple should do that (I am not telling seriously. But hoping seriously)
Yes people hope for that with cable networks on television.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeb View Post

Poor Apple. So many customers in their stores already, they can't possibly fit any more in the door. Obviously they're doomed.
I always find it funny that a single computer brand in a store is as popular as a full size walmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Walk in. Pick up what you want. Go to a blue shirt. Check out.

Alternatively, iOS Apple Store app. Find what you want. Pay for it. Walk into the store. Take thing. Walk out. It's like stealing, but legal.

People are going to have a very difficult time believing you.
Wow, This is the dream experience of shopping (besides apples online store) while saying that, I hope there not including online stores and just retail stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why?

Also, is that legal? The differentiation, I mean.
Why because it increases sales, from our family increase 15% sales, also the draw to a carrier store is needed in the case of buying 1 person iPhone, and 2 someone buying $20 cheap phone (for this being smartphone hater).
post #82 of 88
If Apple allows trading in old iPhone for Discount as previously rumored, this could surely drive Apple Retail Sales.

The other obstacle is Network Contract. They need to have an super, easy and efficient way to sigh up Mobile Network Plans with iPhones within Apple Retail Store. Not saying this isn't currently possible. But the steps are long and tedious.

Incentive, Why Buy in Apple Retail store when Network provider are doing it for same price. May be Apple could sign up deals with Network where certain extras like Visual VoiceMail will be free when signing up through Apple Retail.

I think it is a very hard scaling problem. They want to double the sales from Apple Retail without adding the amount of retail stores and employees count. Interested to see how Apple tackles it.
post #83 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

I miss those guys. Dogpile was awesome.
Dogpile is still around, I use them when I need results from multiple search engines.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #84 of 88
"We don't know, exactly, how Apple can realistically meet Cook's goals," he said.

OK, so this is actually an article about the fact that some guy has no clue how Apple's CEO would succeed in making Apple work out Apple's CEO's goals.

AppleInsider, here is a primer for you: if that guy, or you, or me, had any clue about that, we'd be the ones in charge and making 60 Billion dollars for our company.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

post #85 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Dogpile is still around, I use them when I need results from multiple search engines.

I meant how awesome it was back in the day. 

I rarely ever use it anymore.

post #86 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

You read this in the quarterly report? I missed it when I read it. Can you point out what page this number is provided?

They give the channel inventory in all q reports. We started the q with x weeks of inventory we ended with y.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #87 of 88
I might disagree with their conclusions based on experience. In Asia, a much higher percentage of phones are sold full price through OEMs or distributors in stores or on-line, and Apple stores clock record sales in all Chinese locations.

So if we consider that most future growth will be led through increasing sales in Asia (that is Apple's trend) it's quite possible Apple could out-perform CIRPs forecast.
post #88 of 88
Sorry to interrupt the trolling and troll-baiting, but I called an AT&T store and verified that they do charge sales tax on the full, unsubsidized cost of the iPhone. So of you buy from a carrier store, you are literally paying a tax of about 35 bucks on a $199 iPhone.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Selling 50% of iPhones through Apple's retail stores viewed as an unrealistic, lofty goal
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Selling 50% of iPhones through Apple's retail stores viewed as an unrealistic, lofty goal