or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Private Messages

Private Messages

post #1 of 6

Are there any rules about the use of private messages? I mean, recently I sent one about a topic on the board and it was the pasted on the board for all to see. Does the word Private not mean anything? Im not angry or anything  as no harm was done, I just didnt expect it my message to go from private between two people, to being open to all.

Always happy to debate an issue with anyone. Once it turns into name calling, I am out of there. 
Always happy to debate an issue with anyone. Once it turns into name calling, I am out of there. 
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondm16 View Post

Are there any rules about the use of private messages? I mean, recently I sent one about a topic on the board and it was the pasted on the board for all to see. Does the word Private not mean anything? Im not angry or anything  as no harm was done, I just didnt expect it my message to go from private between two people, to being open to all.

Consider EVERYTHING you put on the Internet open and visible to everyone, because it technically is, really. I tend to avoid private messages because there really is no point.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #3 of 6
Simple: I felt it was cowardly of you to try to continue the argument privately. There was no reason for it, and I wanted to respond publicly.

Now, if you had gone off the chain and filled that PM with insults, that would have been perfectly fine, and I wouldn't have wanted to bring it back anywhere or do anything with it.

There's your tip for the future: insult me if you want it to remain private. lol.gif

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #4 of 6

Tell you what, leave any messages I send in the Private system as private and I wont insult you like there's no tomorrow. Personally I don't resort to insulting people when ideally things should be discussed in a logical and civilised manner. Id rather have messages in the Private system be exactly that...private, otherwise that system has no reason for being.

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondm16 View Post

Tell you what, leave any messages I send in the Private system as private

Nah.
Quote:
and I wont insult you like there's no tomorrow.

I think you missed what I was saying. 1tongue.gif

post #6 of 6

I don't want to insult you or anyone else as I have no reason to. I just can not see the point now of using the PM system if its key first word means didly squat. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Private Messages