or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple says its developer site was hacked, but that sensitive data was encrypted
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple says its developer site was hacked, but that sensitive data was encrypted - Page 3

post #81 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Nor can YOU say they were not.  

Good thing I didn't, huh? In fact, I was merely addending the post that did mention that.
Quote:
You are almost always the first with your virulent brand of mindlessly sycophantic Apple rants about other members here, but you conveniently sweep under the rug that your own logic is as flawed as the people you are attacking.

lol, irony. And lies; can't forget the lies.
Quote:
...specifically states that A) "An intruder attempted...

There you go. Did you read your e-mail?
Quote:
Apple would not acknowledge the possibility of data theft if there had been no successful breach.

Talk about flawgic! lol.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

You're kidding right, 20 million is nothing compared to what Microsoft, Google, Amazon, even eBay spend a year. It cost over 100 million to get Bing operational.

Come on, now. You're comparing a company's restricted developer website to a search engine designed to scrape the entire Internet AND receive requests thereof and push out information for said requests 24/7. It's completely different.
post #82 of 106
The headline of this article is missing the word "no" before the word "data".

Sloppy.
post #83 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Fields View Post

The headline of this article is missing the word "no" before the word "data".

Sloppy.

"Apple says its developer site was hacked, but that sensitive no data was encrypted"?

Sloppy, indeed. 1oyvey.gif
post #84 of 106

That was the worst kind of data to not encrypt, the sensitive no data stuff.

I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #85 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

That was the worst kind of data to not encrypt, the sensitive no data stuff.

But it's also the easiest to encrypt: just put it on WOM.
post #86 of 106
How long is this going to take?

I've been in need of downloading Xcode since Thursday. This is ridiculous. My Mac developer membership actually expired on Wednesday the day before this happened, and now I can't even re-up it.

And are we really going to miss out on DP 4 and iOS beta 4 today because of this nonsense???

Get it together Apple, there is a ship to sail here.
post #87 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

How long is this going to take?

I've been in need of downloading Xcode since Thursday. This is ridiculous. My Mac developer membership actually expired on Wednesday the day before this happened, and now I can't even re-up it.

And are we really going to miss out on DP 4 and iOS beta 4 today because of this nonsense???

Get it together Apple, there is a ship to sail here.

They are in a bit of a fix. Apparantly the exploit was a simple script injection. So now they have to write new code and pen test it. If they don't someone else will prove their new security has another flaw. By being down so long they now have to make sure that it is secure when up.

I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #88 of 106
I'm guessing there is no way they would issue DP4 & iOS 7 beta4 with the Dev center still down...even though they could via OTA updates.
post #89 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Good thing I didn't, huh? In fact, I was merely addending the post that did mention that.
lol, irony. And lies; can't forget the lies.
There you go. Did you read your e-mail?
Talk about flawgic! lol.gif
Come on, now. You're comparing a company's restricted developer website to a search engine designed to scrape the entire Internet AND receive requests thereof and push out information for said requests 24/7. It's completely different.

 

There is nothing flawed about it - you apparently can't comprehend the English language.  For starters:

 

1) An intruder is a person who has INTRUDED, e.g. they have entered into an area forbidden them.  For Apple to use that language implies that there was a breach, not an attempted breach, as you keep insisting (despite all evidence to the contrary).

 

2) Apple is acknowledging the possibility that some data may have been stolen.  Again, they would not do this if they were certain no intrusion had taken place.

post #90 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

(despite all evidence to the contrary)

All evidence, huh. 1oyvey.gif
Quote:
2) Apple is acknowledging the possibility that some data may have been stolen.  Again, they would not do this if they were certain no intrusion had taken place.

Of course they would.
post #91 of 106
Are we really arguing about this. Still?

He was an intruder, so he was a successful intruder. He may not have been successful at getting data, but he was successful at intruding. And, he has outed himself with apparently genuine email addresses.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #92 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Good grief, you are insufferable.

I guess no company has ever had its users change passwords to be safe rather than sorry, even if none were confirmed to have been affected, huh¡

Can't believe you're still on this kick.
post #93 of 106
Oops.
post #94 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Come on, now. You're comparing a company's restricted developer website to a search engine designed to scrape the entire Internet AND receive requests thereof and push out information for said requests 24/7. It's completely different.

Oh yeah, I guess you're right, still can't be cheap though.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #95 of 106

Twice so far this afternoon I have received "How to reset your Apple ID password" emails, but i have not attempted to do so. I take that as a sign that developer email addresses have in fact been taken.

post #96 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWB View Post

Twice so far this afternoon I have received "How to reset your Apple ID password" emails, but i have not attempted to do so. I take that as a sign that developer email addresses have in fact been taken.

so how is that happening?
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #97 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I'm guessing there is no way they would issue DP4 & iOS 7 beta4 with the Dev center still down...even though they could via OTA updates.

Well I'm glad I was wrong. Didn't stop them from releasing DP 4, which I've got up and running now.

Let's hope iOS 7 beta 4 is next.
post #98 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWB View Post

Twice so far this afternoon I have received "How to reset your Apple ID password" emails, but i have not attempted to do so. I take that as a sign that developer email addresses have in fact been taken.

Can you look at the source code of the email and post the link that it tells you to go too, please.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #99 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Can you look at the source code of the email and post the link that it tells you to go too, please.

 

Absolutely not. Shame on you for trying that.

post #100 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWB View Post

 

Absolutely not. Shame on you for trying that.

Why not, oh, I don't want the whole link just the host address. Sorry, I should have made that more clear, I just assumed it was obvious.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #101 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWB View Post

Absolutely not. Shame on you for trying that.

he thinks its fake. If it is apple it would mean the intruder is still in there
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #102 of 106

The link is iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/resetPassword.cgi?key=xxxx (a key that is specific to this password reset request which is why I refused to post it). The headers are from Apple, it's a legitimate email. Anyone can go to the site and generate a password reset request for any account, they just need the Apple ID. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that it has never happened to me until after this incident, but it's possible. I feel that they're not going to get anywhere with my account, but they may find success elsewhere.

post #103 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWB View Post

The link is iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/resetPassword.cgi?key=xxxx (a key that is specific to this password reset request which is why I refused to post it). The headers are from Apple, it's a legitimate email. Anyone can go to the site and generate a password reset request for any account, they just need the Apple ID. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that it has never happened to me until after this incident, but it's possible. I feel that they're not going to get anywhere with my account, but they may find success elsewhere.


how can people do that when the login screen is missing? unless you can do it via a mobile app, maybe.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #104 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post


he thinks its fake. If it is apple it would mean the intruder is still in there

She, thinks it's fake. 1smile.gif

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #105 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frood View Post

This is an Apple fansite

 

That's what people keep saying, but it presents as an Apple NEWS site. You may USE it as a place to express your Apple euphoria, but such behavior is clearly not the site's intended purpose.

 

EDIT: ...and the forums are described as being for "discussion," not zealous condemnation.

post #106 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

 

it presents as an Apple NEWS site

 

Does it?  I'm not sure I see that.  I see just as many (if not more) rumor, opinion, and anti-Android pieces then I see Apple news pieces.  Combine that with the bias and the lack of fact checking and the news articles often end up on par with the likes of a Fox News or CNN piece presented as news.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple says its developer site was hacked, but that sensitive data was encrypted