or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 5 accounts for half of Apple's smartphone sales, iPhone 4S takes 30%

iPhone 5 accounts for half of Apple's smartphone sales, iPhone 4S takes 30% - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Both the 4S and the 4 are competing with the secondary market. My nephew got an iPhone 4 for Christmas and when i asked my brother was it "new" - that is from Apple he laughed. He got it cheaper on eBay. With 2-3 models per year he would probably have gotten the cheapest of this years model, which would in any case have better software support. The market for the mini is now bigger than the iPad 4 by some margin, but the 3 outsold the 2.

A single data point does not make a trend.  That's what surveys and sales numbers are for.

post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazwatson View Post

A single data point does not make a trend.  That's what surveys and sales numbers are for.

I am not claiming to extrapolate from this alone. There are millions of old iPhones for sale, as a quick look on ebay etc. will show.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

I am not claiming to extrapolate from this alone. There are millions of old iPhones for sale, as a quick look on ebay etc. will show.

Yeah, cause people want to get rid of their old one for a new one.

post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazwatson View Post

Yeah, cause people want to get rid of their old one for a new one.

yes, and are selling below Apples price which......?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • iPhone 5 accounts for half of Apple's smartphone sales, iPhone 4S takes 30%
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 5 accounts for half of Apple's smartphone sales, iPhone 4S takes 30%