or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Delays reportedly push 'iPhone 5S' launch to late Sept.; 'iPhone Lite,' 'iPad 5' & Haswell Macs expected earlier

Delays reportedly push 'iPhone 5S' launch to late Sept.; 'iPhone Lite,' 'iPad 5' & Haswell Macs... - Page 2

post #41 of 54
i agree 110%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Please, AI management, enough of this crap already. Take 5. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. We don't need this analyst rumor mill constantly. It's all about manipulating the stock price. We know that. It serves no useful purpose. It encourages the trolls, gives comfort to the haters, and gets on the agenda of the next anti-Apple talking points conference.

Frankly it is baseless speculation and doubtful if there is any research at all to back it up. I know rumors are hard to come by nowadays but really this is the publishing industry, hire somebody to write that has talent and an understanding of the field. No DED isn't an example of talent nor a person with an understanding of the field. It really is important to have some substance to a publication. I realize there is a certain fun aspect to a rumors site but that doesn't excuse this non sense coming from the analysts.

So yeah let's replace some of this crap drizzle with articles of substance. Maybe a series on XCode, python programming or Apple script programming. Maybe a series on self publishing via IBooks Author. There is much that can be written you only need to understand the subject field and have a talent for writing.
post #42 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I thought so, but hey. Production delays is the new DigiTimes.

And who the heck thought "early September" in the first place?! The last one came out in October. Therefore October for the new one. My stars. 1oyvey.gif

Don't you see what is going on here, the analyst has set himself up to be correct when the new iPhone actually ships. This idiots track record isn't any better than anybody else's. No one at Apple will be discussing release does with anybody outside of the company and as far as suppliers go I suspect they have grown tired of all these people trying to pry info out of their employees.

AI is really wasting our time and bandwidth with these stories and as such needs to cut back significantly.
post #43 of 54
I have to agree with your position, anybody that feels they need to buy every new product from Apple on the day it comes out has a problem and frankly needs to see a shrink or worst. I bought my iPhone 4 when it came out and it still runs like a top. Actually it has gotten better with each iOS update. Frankly I might milk it for another year as I use my iPad far more than the iPhone. Even my iPad is only the third model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You have no one to blame but yourself if you go broke buying Apple products. There is no reason to buy every new release of every product every year. Get a notebook one year and an iPad the next, an iPhone every two years. Most Apple hardware lasts five years before it becomes obsolete and often it is just because the OS can't be upgraded anymore even though the hardware is still running fine.

Again thanks for posting this as I find these sorts of demands silly, nobody has to buy an Apple product on debut day, that month or even that quarter.
post #44 of 54
No we understand what you are saying and think it is an idiotic point of view to take. What it takes to get people to buy Apple hardware is simply hardware they want. Timing isn't a factor here because few people are so foolish as to buy everything Apple introduces on the day it is introduced. Sure a few do but that is tiny fraction of the user base.

If you haven't noticed Apples iPhone and iPad sales have remained remarkably strong months after a products debut. In the grand scheme of things few are mad enough to act like Pavlov dogs when Apple rings the new product bell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post

Thanks for the condescending advice, but you completely missed the point.  I am not going broke buying Apple products.  I own Apple stock and am looking at it from a shareholder's perspective that they could sell more products to their loyal consumer base if they spread out their product launches.
post #45 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

The stuff about the iPad mini doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  The mini is the most popular model by most accounts, to not have a new one for the Xmas season, even a non-retina minor upgrade, seems like a mistake.  It seems unlikely they will come out with it any sooner than a few months into the new year which would make it almost a tar and a half between the first one and the second and all that with one of the hottest products they've ever made or sold.  The only reason I can think of for doing it is to artificially prop up the sales of the iPad 5 and that doesn't sound much like Apple either. 

I can think of another: the technology for producing millions of a retina mini with similar thickness and weight isn't ready yet.
post #46 of 54

Tim Cook: "We are going to have some great new products for you this fall".

Analyst: "New iPhone in July!!!"

post #47 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

That's not obvious.
What non obvious stuff has he acurately predicted in the past? And was it his first prediction?
post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

I can think of another: the technology for producing millions of a retina mini with similar thickness and weight isn't ready yet.
I wonder how well iOS 7 runs on the mini. You'd think Apple would want to update the internals at least. But if the plan is for a retina mini in the spring, would they update it in Sept/Oct and then again in March/April? If we don't get a retina mini this fall I hope they reduce the price. It's almost guaranteed the new Nexus 7 and Kindle devices will have really great screens. At some point people will start to wonder how it is they can produce tablets with better screens at a lower price point but Apple can't. Of course I still think its possible we will see a retina mini this fall.
post #49 of 54
Quote:

Well, it used to be the case years ago that this was the place for all the inside information.  Now it's those grunting beasts over at 9to5Mac that get most of the scoops and the horrible little monkey known as the Boy Genius.  AppleInsider is still far more civilised though, and much more fun. And if those other fellows ever come up with something it's sure to be repeated here before the end of the day anyway so on balance, hanging out here is still best. 
Can someone explain why it is they seem to get all the scoops these days? I used to enjoy going to that site but ever since they accurately predicted stuff about iOS 7 it seems the arrogance has gone up several notches.
post #50 of 54
"Delays reportedly push 'iPhone 5S' launch to late Sept."

when was any earlier date mentioned and confirmed?

So, it would be fair to say that many problems within AppleInsider have now delayed the launch of your new looking website with extra security features leaving readers having to use the OLD and LESS SECURE version??

Of course, all that is as meaningless as the horse shit in this story.
post #51 of 54
Quote:

The stuff about the iPad mini doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  The mini is the most popular model by most accounts, to not have a new one for the Xmas season, even a non-retina minor upgrade, seems like a mistake.  It seems unlikely they will come out with it any sooner than a few months into the new year which would make it almost a tar and a half between the first one and the second and all that with one of the hottest products they've ever made or sold.  The only reason I can think of for doing it is to artificially prop up the sales of the iPad 5 and that doesn't sound much like Apple either. 

Makes senses, they could be trying to push the 9.7" for a while. I think Apple need to spread out there product launches.

On the phone side., looks like there isnt going to be anything for me this year, the low cost phone is still to expensive at 450 and I am not interest in a 4" $650 phone. I dont want the 9.7" ipad either. 

My needs are :

1. 5" phone to carry with me and a 13" tablet for home, or,

2. Keep my 4s and carry a mini. keep the ipad 3 at home.

3. Replace the 4s for a 4" iphone below $400 unlock, keep the ipad 3.

3. Ditch Apple for the phone, if I do that it will be a nexus 5" to 6", keep the ipad 3 at home.

post #52 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Yes, because Apple always fails to meet the deadlines and promises set by pundits, tech bloggers, and analysts.

Never said anything about pundits. Just Apple's own release dates and the supply available after that date. The latest iMac was in ultra short supply for months due to manufacturing issues. The white iPhone 4 was delayed 3/4 of a year due to manufacturing issues. Two examples.
post #53 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Can someone explain why it is they seem to get all the scoops these days? I used to enjoy going to that site but ever since they accurately predicted stuff about iOS 7 it seems the arrogance has gone up several notches.

Well I don't go to those sites much because they all seem like such complete jerks.  Perhaps that's the answer, because it basically takes another jerk to violate the NDA or steal an iPhone part from a factory.  

I heard that this was the reason Gizmodo got that big iPhone leak. Because no one else would touch a stolen phone.  So maybe you have to be a jerk with no morals to get the scoops.  I'd like to think so anyway. 

post #54 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post

Never said anything about pundits. Just Apple's own release dates and the supply available after that date. The latest iMac was in ultra short supply for months due to manufacturing issues. The white iPhone 4 was delayed 3/4 of a year due to manufacturing issues. Two examples.

So you have a copy of those release dates?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Delays reportedly push 'iPhone 5S' launch to late Sept.; 'iPhone Lite,' 'iPad 5' & Haswell Macs expected earlier
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Delays reportedly push 'iPhone 5S' launch to late Sept.; 'iPhone Lite,' 'iPad 5' & Haswell Macs expected earlier