or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › 80% of reduced iPad shipments attributable to channel inventory decline

80% of reduced iPad shipments attributable to channel inventory decline - Page 3

post #81 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

Not at all. Now I am sneering.

Lol. You have been handed your ass on your plate with facts and you are scurrying around like an oaf.

Quote:
That's because only one of them is an official filing.

It doesn't matter both have to be correct, or its a criminal offense.

Quote:
 Earnings calls are primarily a chance to discuss the earnings reports released prior to the teleconference (but sometimes the teleconference is a means to address investors even when there have been earnings reported). A company does not have to regurgitate everything in the earnings reports.

Who says it does? In Apple's case it gives more information in it's conference call than it's 10-Q. Both have to be accurate, or its a civil or criminal offense.

Quote:
 Companies almost always start with a statement explaining that actual results may differ from projections mentioned in earnings calls. So to call it "legally binding" ... I don't even know how to respond to that. Can't say it's wrong because a company should never mislead investors. But the earnings call itself is NOT the earnings report. Sigh ..

Jesus wept. Firstly the statement is for projected revenues. NOT FOR THE ACTUAL RESULTS. Capice? the very fact that they have to include legal boilerplate even for the projected earnings, where you would assume most investors would know were estimations, proves that they could be sued without those legal disclaimers.

They can't, and don't, make any such disclaimers for the actual results which is what we are talking about. No company would get away with a legal boiler plate saying that the actual results they are announcing can be taken with a pinch of salt and may not have happened. You either didn't know this, or you are being disingenuous. The numbers in the 10-Q are the same as in the report. And in the report there is more information about channel inventory. Which is what this is about ( and you have yet to provide any information that any other company gives channel info)

both the 10Q and the conference call report can be taken as legally binding documents.

I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #82 of 84
Asdasd, do you have any source that explains how Apple arrives at it's "channel inventory" numbers? I know the answer their investor relations office gave me . . .

They declined to stipulate where they come from. It could be no more than an educated guess as far as I can tell.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #83 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Where in that press release does Samsung mention sales figures?

Just because you couldn't find then doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You stated Samsung doesn't report sales....like they were doing something underhanded of some sort. So back up your claims with data.

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Asdasd, do you have any source that explains how Apple arrives at it's "channel inventory" numbers? I know the answer their investor relations office gave me . . .

They declined to stipulate where they come from. It could be no more than an educated guess as far as I can tell.

Well they know what is in channel now, but they tend to - but not always - give the number of weeks on a forward looking basis. I presume that 5 weeks channel(for any device) heading into the Christmas Q is more than 5 weeks at the end of the Christmas Q, as that 5 weeks is forward looking into the next Quarter.

So if they intend to stay at 5 weeks channel they will have fewer devices in channel end Dec, compared to end Sept. 

So that - the number of weeks - is a educated guess. But they know what is in channel. They can track orders from each retailer, and each retailer will order only when their stock hits a certain level, which they probably report.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • 80% of reduced iPad shipments attributable to channel inventory decline
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › 80% of reduced iPad shipments attributable to channel inventory decline