or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone cements its position as the 'smartphone of choice for business'

Apple's iPhone cements its position as the 'smartphone of choice for business' - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

It was sheer brilliance to employ an illuminated logo on the lid of Apple's notebook computers, with the orientation seen today.

This at the Higgs boson announcement:

"Brilliant" ... "illuminated logo" 

Very clever!

post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

That's because they had to. Rules for using real life products demanded it. Those rules have gotten more relaxed in recent years. They used to be crazy strict which is why you didn't see real software, even real web browsers. And of course the stupid fake and impossible IP addresses.

Rules? Are you sure? Or is it a case of not doing product placement without money or without at least a quid pro quo?

post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast8 View Post

For your information, ignorance is not an excuse. The bag with the wheels is his personal suitcase. The 'flight bag' that the iPad is replacing is the one on top of it with the CREW tag. 

Thanks, but I'm familiar with them.  I used to fly quite often. I had both a physical flight bag, and also used electronic flight bags and navigation starting back around 2000.

As for the illustration, it doesn't matter whether the flight bag itself has wheels, or it's strapped to something with wheels.  

post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Thanks, but I'm familiar with them.  I used to fly quite often. I had both a physical flight bag, and also used electronic flight bags and navigation starting back around 2000.

As for the illustration, it doesn't matter whether the flight bag itself has wheels, or it's strapped to something with wheels.  

So you are well aware that every time you checked into the Comm centre, you opened your Flight Bag. Every time, particularly now and coming out of foreign air ports, you checked all your carry-ons through security and lifted them separately for x-ray. And usually before you boarded, and for sure every time before you entered the flight deck you separated your bags, and to do so (every time), it required an 40 lb lift. And in limited spaces, it felt a lot heavier.

I know one thing. Flight bags get heavier as the day goes by. Dragging them along is awkward, frustrating and tiring. And now, unnecessary. Wheels or not. 

post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

"Wall Street has given Apple a less than 50% chance of surviving as a successful business by 2015"

Can you please link me to where you got this statement from

It was probably said right before Jobs went back to Apple or around the same time Michael Dell had opened his mouth about what Jobs should do when he came back to Apple.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple's iPhone cements its position as the 'smartphone of choice for business'
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone cements its position as the 'smartphone of choice for business'