or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Supposed 'iPhone Lite' shows up with FCC & other legal notices in new picture
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Supposed 'iPhone Lite' shows up with FCC & other legal notices in new picture - Page 2

post #41 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedidiaLongtree View Post

I can be wrong but I think this is the first leak when the cutout for the sim tray is clearly visible.

 

Yep. It looks like its from further down the assembly line compare to other leaks.

post #42 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

I DONT WANT ALL THESE APPLE PRODUCT LEAKS

 

I love those leaks, bring more please.

post #43 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Curious about what the 'cheap plastic' crowd has to say.

It's cheap plastic.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #44 of 98
I see a Sasquatch in that photo. Seriously, way to "prove" it by taking a blurry, angled photo so that the FCC ID cannot be seen and verified (or not).

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #45 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedidiaLongtree View Post

I can be wrong but I think this is the first leak when the cutout for the sim tray is clearly visible.

The video link from the previous article on this topic had shown the sim tray cutout.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #46 of 98

Those legal notices destroy the otherwise clean look.

 

Weren't they in a lighter shade than that, on more recent white iPhones?

post #47 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


The video link from the previous article on this topic had shown the sim tray cutout.

Do you mean this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44biradk84Y?

post #48 of 98
Has anyone noted the single speaker grille? I've always assumed that the two on current phones were right and left stereo. Is new one to be mono to lower cost? Also, am very curious what they will call this. Lite has too many negative connotations. Nano seems too small for a phone this big. Discuss.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #49 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

@dasaman69, provocative as always, but I'll bite anyway. This is classy plastic, even if it's fake. It looks like an approach Apple might take, and one that no one else has, as far as I know. Square sides, rounded edges, flat back, tasty material and colors.

It's still cheap plastic and criticized by many on here of other manufacturers that use it. It's hypocrisy no matter what words you use.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #50 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Has anyone noted the single speaker grille? I've always assumed that the two on current phones were right and left stereo. Is new one to be mono to lower cost? Also, am very curious what they will call this. Lite has too many negative connotations. Nano seems too small for a phone this big. Discuss.
Current ones are mic and speaker with no stereo. The iPad mini may still be the only stereo IDevice.
post #51 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

It looks passable in white but the colors we've seen so far all looked atrocious.

If, and only if, this phone is real, I would hope it only comes in black and white, as those are the only colors that will look somewhat high end with this plastic.

The lime, mustard, and blue colors all looked vomit inducing and cheap.

Those colors are best done with aluminum as seen with the iPod Nano over the past years.

Yep, when it comes to colors, we really are in subjective territory. I can't believe the blues, bronzes, coppers, reds and yellows people get on their cars these days. "Vomit inducing" is going a bit far, though. Are you sure you're not exaggerating?

I agree that the material makes a big difference, matte aluminum anodized vs. plastic dye, for instance. But I'm pretty sure that here is one place where Apple will research their target markets' preferences. Western tastes might be marginalized at first.
post #52 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post


1. An example of an incorrect emotional response: the iPad mini will never sell at that price, Apple is crazy for charging that much for a screen with that pixel density and a tablet with only 16 GB, etc., etc., ignoring the two emotional factors that would make the mini start rivaling the iPad in sales–its look and feel. The thing is so damned charming it is irresistible. Left-brainers can't see this from pictures. They may "get it" when they go to the store. Right brainers can get it from the pictures alone.

2. How something looks is not subjective. This is a fallacy often used as a defense by people with no taste.

3. Glad I'm not your therapist too.

There simply is no such thing as incorrect emotional response. People emote as they do. Unless they are faking it, the response is natural but neither correct nor incorrect. So you're not qualified to be a therapist.

 

To say that colors but not looks are subjective, with such certainty too, makes you less likely to be right-brained. On the other hand, you have a history of making stuff up. So perhaps you're right-brained after all.


Edited by ankleskater - 7/26/13 at 1:54pm
post #53 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Yep, when it comes to colors, we really are in subjective territory. I can't believe the blues, bronzes, coppers, reds and yellows people get on their cars these days. "Vomit inducing" is going a bit far, though. Are you sure you're not exaggerating?

I agree that the material makes a big difference, matte aluminum anodized vs. plastic dye, for instance. But I'm pretty sure that here is one place where Apple will research their target markets' preferences. Western tastes might be marginalized at first.

What's vomit inducing aren't the colors themselves, but how the colors look with the plastic.

Very cheap and Toys-R-Us-ish.

Apple has never made colored plastic devices like that and for good reason. Why would they start now?

This isn't a rant against fun colors. I like the colors Apple has used for the iPod Nanos over the past years.

The problem I have is how disgustingly cheap they look with this plastic. Honestly they look like the $0.15 iPhone cases you can get on Amazon from non-descript Chinese retailers. I would NOT want Apple to make devices like that.

Apple = Aluminum + Glass
post #54 of 98
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

...  the latest rumor has Apple abandoning the iPhone 5 in order to offer simply the "5S" and "lite." ...

 

This makes sense to me.  This year, the iPhone "lite" could have the iPhone 5 components in a lower-cost shell, and the "5S" could get some upgraded components (fingerprint sensor touchscreen, improved camera, dual LED camera flash, A7 processor, etc.)  Apple could then stop producing the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5, and sell the following iPhone lineup (prices in US Dollars):

 

64 GB iPhone "5S" ($399, in black/slate or white/aluminum)

32 GB iPhone "5S" ($299, in black/slate or white/aluminum)

16 GB iPhone "5S" ($199, in black/slate or white/aluminum)

16 GB iPhone "lite" ($99, in multiple colors)

8 GB iPhone "lite" ($0, in black only)

 

The "lite" model might replace the 1-year old and 2-year old high-end iPhone while preserving the same pricing structure.  Apple would only need to build each year's tricky, narrow-tolerance, high-end iPhone for one year, then most of its components would go into the next-year "lite" model.  The main differentiator between high-end and low-end models would be some kind of must-have feature, like a fingerprint-sensing touchscreen.  Presumably that component would be more expensive than the regular touchscreen, so using the regular screen would keep the "lite" model costs down.  And of course, the "lite" model's plastic case would have slightly greater internal volume than the high-end model's aluminum (liquidmetal?) ultra-slim case.  So assembly would be easier, therefore faster, therefore cheaper.  Apple might still be able to maintain high margins even on the "lite" model.

 

And it's possible that Apple could drop the oddball numbering scheme.  There would just be "the new iPhone" and "the new iPhone 'lite'."  No more numbers, like with all Mac lines, all iPods, and all iPads.  Customers would no longer be offered the last-year or the 2-year-ago models.  Each year the new iPhone and iPhone "lite" would replace the old models.  Easier, simpler, and consistent with Apple's other product lines.  (My guess is that the high-end and low-end iPhones will eventually be called "iPhone" and "iPhone L" respectively.)

 

The two-model strategy could also help Apple's production contractors with build capacity.  Instead of 3 iPhone models, there would only be two, so they could build more of the high-end and low-end models without necessarily increasing floor space or hiring more employees.

 

I think this could work, but then again, I'm no spreadsheet jockey.

Looking forward to late CQ3 this year...

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Reply

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Reply
post #55 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

This is nice, but Apple really needs a larger model.

No, people need to stop thinking that they need a larger phone.

If you want a larger screen and it's so important to you, get an Android POS.

post #56 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

No, people need to stop thinking that they need a larger phone.
If you want a larger screen and it's so important to you, get an Android POS.

If he has to do that it proves his pint, not yours.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #57 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

This makes sense to me.  This year, the iPhone "lite" could have the iPhone 5 components in a lower-cost shell, and the "5S" could get some upgraded components (fingerprint sensor touchscreen, improved camera, dual LED camera flash, A7 processor, etc.)  Apple could then stop producing the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5, and sell the following iPhone lineup (prices in US Dollars):

64 GB iPhone "5S" ($399, in black/slate or white/aluminum)
32 GB iPhone "5S" ($299, in black/slate or white/aluminum)
16 GB iPhone "5S" ($199, in black/slate or white/aluminum)
16 GB iPhone "lite" ($99, in multiple colors)
8 GB iPhone "lite" ($0, in black only)

The "lite" model might replace the 1-year old and 2-year old high-end iPhone while preserving the same pricing structure.  Apple would only need to build each year's tricky, narrow-tolerance, high-end iPhone for one year, then most of its components would go into the next-year "lite" model.  The main differentiator between high-end and low-end models would be some kind of must-have feature, like a fingerprint-sensing touchscreen.  Presumably that component would be more expensive than the regular touchscreen, so using the regular screen would keep the "lite" model costs down.  And of course, the "lite" model's plastic case would have slightly greater internal volume than the high-end model's aluminum (liquidmetal?) ultra-slim case.  So assembly would be easier, therefore faster, therefore cheaper.  Apple might still be able to maintain high margins even on the "lite" model.

And it's possible that Apple could drop the oddball numbering scheme.  There would just be "the new iPhone" and "the new iPhone 'lite'."  No more numbers, like with all Mac lines, all iPods, and all iPads.  Customers would no longer be offered the last-year or the 2-year-ago models.  Each year the new iPhone and iPhone "lite" would replace the old models.  Easier, simpler, and consistent with Apple's other product lines.  (My guess is that the high-end and low-end iPhones will eventually be called "iPhone" and "iPhone L" respectively.)

The two-model strategy could also help Apple's production contractors with build capacity.  Instead of 3 iPhone models, there would only be two, so they could build more of the high-end and low-end models without necessarily increasing floor space or hiring more employees.

I think this could work, but then again, I'm no spreadsheet jockey.
Looking forward to late CQ3 this year...

Funny how nobody ever thinks that disk size will increase that much. Anyway those are US contract prices, not the real prices. I see the iPhone "lite" as being much cheaper off contract than the 5 and 4s would have been. Otherwise this is pointless.

And fingerprint technology is not going to sell anything.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #58 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksec View Post

Look at those connector ends. And decide for yourself if you think they are legit.

They're legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Seems a plastic iPhone will be coming. Sigh.

I hope Apple shocks everyone and prices it cheaper than expected. If Cook has decided they need to go down market, then go all the way.

As in what? Less than Free? Because that's what the 8 GB model is going to cost w/ a 2 year contract. iPhones are not for 13 year olds to go buy at Walgreens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

This is nice, but Apple really needs a larger model.

No they don't. Sales figures prove that even without the overwhelming logic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanis View Post

If history is any reference, iPhone lite is just nonsense. If they are trying to do a paradigm shift from the past, this being stacked with cheap androids will just make Applelook substandard.

I am somehow not convinced with this cheap Iphone strategy.

Maybe that is because you are completely clueless. Apple built the 3G, and the 3GS. They were both molded plastic, and were wildly successful for years. There was nothing cheap about them at all. Many people preferred that design over the iPhone 4 thru 5. Certainly far more durable and practical.

As for "cheap". These new iPhone Lites are not cheap. They are LESS EXPENSIVE than the iPhone 5S will be. And guess what? There are 2 "Cheap" price points well established by Apple for them to enter: Free & $99 w/ contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerofTruth View Post

Too bad the picture is blurry.

Nary a leak different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Those legal notices destroy the otherwise clean look.

Weren't they in a lighter shade than that, on more recent white iPhones?

Probably not a production model.
post #59 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Funny how nobody ever thinks that disk size will increase that much. Anyway those are US contract prices, not the real prices. I see the iPhone "lite" as being much cheaper off contract than the 5 and 4s. Otherwise this is pointless.

And fingerprint technology is not going to sell anything.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. They WILL be slightly cheaper, probably $399 for the 8GB and $449 for the 16 GB, off contract.

But that is not the point. It is has NEVER been the point, to sell an off contract iPhone for $300 or less...such thing is impossible and could never exist.

Every single article, including this one, that insists on mentioning "EMERGING MARKETZ" as the purpose of this device, are completely and totally wrong. As out to lunch as one could be.
post #60 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

As in what? Less than Free? Because that's what the 8 GB model is going to cost w/ a 2 year contract. iPhones are not for 13 year olds to go buy at Walgreens.
.

As in less than the 4 off contract. Probably free on contract, as usual.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #61 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. They WILL be slightly cheaper, probably $399 for the 8GB and $449 for the 16 GB, off contract.

But that is not the point. It is has NEVER been the point, to sell an off contract iPhone for $300 or less...such thing is impossible and could never exist.

Every single article, including this one, that insists on mentioning "EMERGING MARKETZ" as the purpose of this device, are completely and totally wrong. As out to lunch as one could be.

And yet Tim Cook gets excited about China whenever there is some good news. The emerging market is the reason for these phones, and with 13% of the world market Apple need to compete there and quickly. The US iOS market is growing share with the present lineup, but that just puts Apple into the one country ghetto which caused Blackberry to lose dominance so quickly.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #62 of 98
I'm sorry but the larger phone argument is nothing more than the weak adverting influence mind at work. People that see 5" Android phones just think that is a natural evolution because it EXISTS.

Remember, Dinosaurs kept getting bigger too, until about half through the Jurassic, when the herbivores had reached the largest-animal-ever plateau... nature said Size just isn't cutting it, and they moved to a new product line called the Cretaceous, where Herbivores evened out at an average size, and Carnivores kept getting bigger until they were too big to proliferate. Then the whole thing went tits up.
post #63 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

And yet Tim Cook gets excited about China whenever there is some good news. The emerging market is the reason for these phones, and with 13% of the world market Apple need to compete there and quickly. The US iOS market is growing share with the present lineup, but that just puts Apple into the one country ghetto which caused Blackberry to lose dominance so quickly.

I'm sure the iPhone Lite is going to be brilliant in China. As good as an iPhone 5, more durable, 16 GB of storage, and $99 on contact or $449 off contract.

That is better than anything China has ever gotten from Apple's mobile phone business.
post #64 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I'm sorry but the larger phone argument is nothing more than the weak adverting influence mind at work. People that see 5" Android phones just think that is a natural evolution because it EXISTS.

Remember, Dinosaurs kept getting bigger too, until about half through the Jurassic, when the herbivores had reached the largest-animal-ever plateau... nature said Size just isn't cutting it, and they moved to a new product line called the Cretaceous, where Herbivores evened out at an average size, and Carnivores kept getting bigger until they were too big to proliferate. Then the whole thing went tits up.

I am taking from this that big phones will go tits up when a major asteroid hits destroying most flora, and fauna on Earth? Ok.....


/ walks away slowly
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #65 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I'm sure the iPhone Lite is going to be brilliant in China. As good as an iPhone 5, more durable, 16 GB of storage, and $99 on contact or $449 off contract.

That is better than anything China has ever gotten from Apple's mobile phone business.

Are they pricing things in dollars in China, now? You do realise that Apple is not all contracts are American style contracts, and China is not growing share for Apple. Ergo, a same priced machine wouldn't work. Its pointless.

Heres the iPhone Lite with the internal of the 5 and its in plastic, and it's got the same price the 5 - which isn't plastic - would have been. Go wild.


Clearly they are going plastic for cheapness sake. Which means they may be making other compromises. Otherwise why not continue to make the 5?
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #66 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

What's vomit inducing aren't the colors themselves, but how the colors look with the plastic.

Very cheap and Toys-R-Us-ish.

Apple has never made colored plastic devices like that and for good reason. Why would they start now?

This isn't a rant against fun colors. I like the colors Apple has used for the iPod Nanos over the past years.

The problem I have is how disgustingly cheap they look with this plastic. Honestly they look like the $0.15 iPhone cases you can get on Amazon from non-descript Chinese retailers. I would NOT want Apple to make devices like that.

Apple = Aluminum + Glass

I guess you slept through the original iMac days. People like you railed against the iMac, too - yet it turned out to be a major part of Apple's turnaround.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #67 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post



No they don't. Sales figures prove that even without the overwhelming logic.
 

Sales figures do prove it. IP5 is selling way better than IP4S despite the cost difference. People want/like the larger IP5 screen.  How many more sales would apple make if they had a 5" screen alternative, probably quite a lot. I just came back from Japan and the number of people sporting large screen Galaxy Notes was very surprising.

 

I would believe your point if Apple had a 5" IP5 option and was selling none.

post #68 of 98
This phone has to be registered with the FCC, correct? If so, would that not be simple enough to verify?
post #69 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

This makes sense to me.  This year, the iPhone "lite" could have the iPhone 5 components in a lower-cost shell, and the "5S" could get some upgraded components (fingerprint sensor touchscreen, improved camera, dual LED camera flash, A7 processor, etc.)  Apple could then stop producing the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5, and sell the following iPhone lineup (prices in US Dollars):

64 GB iPhone "5S" ($399, in black/slate or white/aluminum)
32 GB iPhone "5S" ($299, in black/slate or white/aluminum)
16 GB iPhone "5S" ($199, in black/slate or white/aluminum)
16 GB iPhone "lite" ($99, in multiple colors)
8 GB iPhone "lite" ($0, in black only)

The "lite" model might replace the 1-year old and 2-year old high-end iPhone while preserving the same pricing structure.  Apple would only need to build each year's tricky, narrow-tolerance, high-end iPhone for one year, then most of its components would go into the next-year "lite" model.  The main differentiator between high-end and low-end models would be some kind of must-have feature, like a fingerprint-sensing touchscreen.  Presumably that component would be more expensive than the regular touchscreen, so using the regular screen would keep the "lite" model costs down.  And of course, the "lite" model's plastic case would have slightly greater internal volume than the high-end model's aluminum (liquidmetal?) ultra-slim case.  So assembly would be easier, therefore faster, therefore cheaper.  Apple might still be able to maintain high margins even on the "lite" model.

And it's possible that Apple could drop the oddball numbering scheme.  There would just be "the new iPhone" and "the new iPhone 'lite'."  No more numbers, like with all Mac lines, all iPods, and all iPads.  Customers would no longer be offered the last-year or the 2-year-ago models.  Each year the new iPhone and iPhone "lite" would replace the old models.  Easier, simpler, and consistent with Apple's other product lines.  (My guess is that the high-end and low-end iPhones will eventually be called "iPhone" and "iPhone L" respectively.)

The two-model strategy could also help Apple's production contractors with build capacity.  Instead of 3 iPhone models, there would only be two, so they could build more of the high-end and low-end models without necessarily increasing floor space or hiring more employees.

I think this could work, but then again, I'm no spreadsheet jockey.
Looking forward to late CQ3 this year...

iPhone (late 2013)

iPhone S (late 2013)

For the "lite" and "regular" ones respectively.

My guess.
post #70 of 98
From the earnings call, it sounded like the iP4 was really boosting sales, because it was much preferable to the 3GS a year ago at that price point.

Is that because of speed and the screen, or because its a high end looking device sold for cheap? If its the latter, the plastic iPhone might need to be cheaper in order to do as well.
post #71 of 98
Check out the connector, this is bogus. I agree with ksec.
post #72 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

The thing, even if fake, is absolutely delicious looking.

 

Is it wrong that I like the look of the thing in the photo more than the iPhone 5? Based just on the case and not considering internals, I'd buy one.

 

If it had a bigger screen, that is. 1wink.gif

post #73 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

It looks passable in white but the colors we've seen so far all looked atrocious.

 

Like you, I hope the colors we've seen are NOT what will be offered for sale. Barf, indeed.

 

I'm not optimistic that the choices will be good though. Look at the iPod colors. How does a company that does neutral so well have so much trouble choosing pleasing colors?

post #74 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I guess you slept through the original iMac days. People like you railed against the iMac, too - yet it turned out to be a major part of Apple's turnaround.

We are not in the 90s anymore...

Apple has completely changed course and have brought all of their products even the entry level ones up to their standards of metal and glass.

Why would they go back on that now?

If the $50 iPod Shuffle is made of aluminum why wouldn't a $400 iPhone?

It just doesn't make sense for them to backpedal on their high quality brand ethos of metal and glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

From the earnings call, it sounded like the iP4 was really boosting sales, because it was much preferable to the 3GS a year ago at that price point.

Is that because of speed and the screen, or because its a high end looking device sold for cheap? If its the latter, the plastic iPhone might need to be cheaper in order to do as well.

Great point.

Cook repeated how well the 4 was doing over the 3GS and I believe Apple brass knows its because people want high quality and high end for an affordable price.

If Apple is making an entry level iPhone it needs to be a gateway for the brand. Part of Apple's brand is quality and precision materials.

Any iPhone Lite Apple makes today must exude those values in order to be successful.
post #75 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

No, people need to stop thinking that they need a larger phone.

 

And you're in a position to dictate what *I* should want because...?

 

How the hell do YOU know how I use my phone, or what I prefer, or how bad my eyes are, or the applications that would benefit from more real estate or any of an infinite number of perfectly valid reasons for wanting a larger screen? The arrogance you demonstrate by assuming to tell others what they should think is astounding.

 

Get over yourself.

post #76 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I'm sorry but the larger phone argument is nothing more than the weak adverting influence mind at work. People that see 5" Android phones just think that is a natural evolution because it EXISTS.

Remember, Dinosaurs kept getting bigger too, until about half through the Jurassic, when the herbivores had reached the largest-animal-ever plateau... nature said Size just isn't cutting it, and they moved to a new product line called the Cretaceous, where Herbivores evened out at an average size, and Carnivores kept getting bigger until they were too big to proliferate. Then the whole thing went tits up.

 

Excellent argument, because the parallels between dinosaurs and pocket computers are spookily similar. 1confused.gif With due respect, WTF are you talking about?

 

If YOU don't want a larger-screened phone, don't buy one. There's no reason to expect that if Apple finally offer a larger screen they'll stop offering the one they have now. Just PLEASE stop telling ME that I'm somehow "wrong" for wanting a keyboard big enough to accommodate my fat, clumsy fingers and to be able to see more than 1/10 of a web page at a time and not have to scroll scroll scroll scroll up and down and side to side on each page. I complained about those aspects of using an iPhone long before Samsung offered bigger screens.

 

Your remarks are arrogant, a value judgement, and the way you worded it, insulting. Stop it.

post #77 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Heres the iPhone Lite with the internal of the 5 and its in plastic, and it's got the same price the 5 - which isn't plastic - would have been. Go wild.
Clearly they are going plastic for cheapness sake. Which means they may be making other compromises. Otherwise why not continue to make the 5?

Noone can be sure what is exactly there goal here. I think they will both reduce the price a bit and also increase margins a bit. Until we actually see what the models will be and the prices, we cant know. Its impossible to predict from a bunch of leaks

I do hope they can come up with an emerging phone below $400 unlock, but at 40% gross margins, its going to be no picnic to make that thing run iOS7 smoothly.
post #78 of 98
Maybe someone said this already but:
What if they drop the 'S' in iPhones completely and just release a cheaper version of the iPhone in the fall with no upgrade to the iPhone 5. Then there will be a new phone every 6 months but a new phone every year per model (as in regular model and cheaper model) then Apple wouldn't have to worry about people not buying an iPhone becuase they are just going to wait 6 months for the 'better' one. All iPhones would be on a 1 year schedule but Apple would still release a new product every 6 months.
Just a guess I have no information to back that theory up.
What do you think?
post #79 of 98
a man with many phones , nokia in hand and xperia in box ?
post #80 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by UbiquitousGeek View Post

I'm going to say that this is a mock up for sales purposes. This looks like an electronics store employee unpacking other handset mockups. On the counter below the hand is a mockup for an Android handset. Mockups are always shipped in bubble wrap.

Or a store floor model???

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

 

Reply

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Supposed 'iPhone Lite' shows up with FCC & other legal notices in new picture
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Supposed 'iPhone Lite' shows up with FCC & other legal notices in new picture