or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Airport Extreme and Drobo 5D as Airdisk

Airport Extreme and Drobo 5D as Airdisk

post #1 of 4

Just purchased a Drobo 5D, running the latest software 3.08. Airport Extreme (3rd Gen maybe) is also running the latest software, 7.6.3.

Formatted the Drobo drives using the recommended HFS + filesystem. Loaded my data directed through the USB port. And have plugged the USB in to my airport extreme, but it is not being recognized by the Airport.

I understand that I shouldn't be able to reach the Drobo dashboard. The Airport extreme is not showing it as a possible shared drive nor is is being shared out to the network. 

What do I seem to be missing?

post #2 of 4
Have you enabled file sharing on the extreme with Airport Utility ?
post #3 of 4
Yeah, bounced that a couple of times. Also, bounced the power on the Drobo a couple times to see if the airport picks it up. I have the volume configured for 16TB, so not sure if for some reason that is too big for the AirPort Extreme to recognize.
post #4 of 4
ahh - found this for you
http://www.drobo.com/downloads/docs/airport_app_note_g1pr.pdf

The article is old and I see that hfs+ is now supported. It may be that you missed a step or two when setting it up first time round.
Edited by RobM - 7/28/13 at 4:11pm
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Airport Extreme and Drobo 5D as Airdisk