or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 7 to developers with tweaked lock screen

Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 7 to developers with tweaked lock screen - Page 2

post #41 of 46

We Windows Phone users don't need to be nannied on how to unlock our phones.

I will NEVER pay $679 for an 8GB plastic cell phone
I will NEVER pay $679 for an 8GB plastic cell phone
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

I think Windows Phone manages the lock screen information better than Android and iOS6 at this time.

Look forward to trying iOS7.

post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Hasn't been a problem for the last 6 years having it on the left of 350M devices now.

Yes, but now we only have text without a defined opaque slide zone in the form of a box.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleabuser View Post

Yes, but now we only have text without a defined opaque slide zone in the form of a box.

I don't think people need the opaque box anymore. Right when you put your finger on the lock screen of an iPhone with iOS 7 the whole screen moves with your finger.

The system is literally intuitive enough where people will figure out without a tutorial that when they slide or swipe the device unlocks. The small arrow is just a bonus for people that are unsure.
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Well, when you can fit a platform's entire user base into a single elementary school classroom (I am NOT saying they're in this room on a regular basis), word of mouth allows them to effortlessly manage the capabilities of said platform.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #46 of 46
Tallest Skil View Post
"Mature adults" also don't condescend.

I thought of something Apple could do with iOS 7: A slider bar in the settings that controls how lock screen buttons appear. It goes from edgeless, cornerless beta 3 buttons to the more traditional beta 4 style. As you slide to the right, the buttons decrease in size while increasing their margin and roundness. I could do a js/css mockup later on... just for fun, of course.

[this account has been abandoned]

[this account has been abandoned]

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 7 to developers with tweaked lock screen
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 7 to developers with tweaked lock screen