or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple retail workers file class action suit claiming lost wages over bag searches
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple retail workers file class action suit claiming lost wages over bag searches - Page 6

post #201 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post


Apple has "steal-able" products. They should check bags. Do you think Apple is the only one that does this?


Not at all. That doesn't make it any better. I shouldn't really have to say this, but which retailer does it doesn't make a difference to me.

post #202 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

BTW, you still haven't offered a practical solution to this situation.

Ignorance sure is bliss, huh? You must be in nirvana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post


That won't work; they're not sweatproof.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #203 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post


Not at all. That doesn't make it any better. I shouldn't really have to say this, but which retailer does it doesn't make a difference to me.

So what are your thoughts for a solution?

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #204 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Ignorance sure is bliss, huh? You must be in nirvana.
That won't work; they're not sweatproof.

Tell us, oh great one. Since I'm so dumb, I'm asking you to please spell it out for me. Then, I promise, I'll "shut up and go away"

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #205 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Tell us, oh great one. Since I'm so dumb, I'm asking you to please spell it out for me. Then, I promise, I'll "shut up and go away"

Already did. Actually read my posts, please. 1oyvey.gif

That's Hindi for what you already quoted. 1wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #206 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post


All you do is post baseless rants with misdirected anger and baseless conclusions. Perhaps for once you could explain your stance rather than post garbage.

 

 

what more is there to explain than what I wrote already in several posts? What don't you understand? 

 

No one works 100% of the time and much of that is not due to not having any work, but the person wanting to talk to others, be lazy, check email, text friends, etc. Which in and of itself I was not complaining about. However, when the same people then complain that Apple takes 5 minutes out of their time to check bags, when they took on average an hour of Apple's time is very hypocritical. 

 

What they are saying is 'I can stand around talking and texting and emailing when on the clock, knowing I should be doing something else, but you don't have the right to take any additional time from me'. 

post #207 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post


All you do is post baseless rants with misdirected anger and baseless conclusions. Perhaps for once you could explain your stance rather than post garbage.

 

I'm sure Apple employees are far removed from the rest of the country, but here are just a few links. Most research shows employees waste 1.5 - 2 hours per day! 

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/cherylsnappconner/2012/07/17/employees-really-do-waste-time-at-work/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/28618/US-Workers-Say-They-Waste-About-Hour-Work-Each-Day.aspx

http://www.salary.com/wasting%2Dtime%2Dat%2Dwork%2D2012/

http://libgig.com/node/1011

post #208 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Already did. Actually read my posts, please. 1oyvey.gif

That's Hindi for what you already quoted. 1wink.gif

Gladly. Since you know exactly, give me a post number that provides my answer, please, and stop being so difficult.

 

That's English for....grow up.

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #209 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Do you live in Oshkosh where all the women wear Carhart's?

Now that's funny.

Overalls can be sexy.


Or women can wear these.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #210 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Now that's funny.

Overalls can be sexy.


Or women can wear these.

Maybe that's what TS is suggesting. How dumb of me.

 

Wearing those, I would think employees would have to endure a pat-down, which would open a whole new can of worms.

 

 

LOL, I've seen some women's legs look like that when they're wearing smooth, black spandex, trying to fit 10 lbs. of potatoes in a 5 lb. sack. lol.gif

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #211 of 273

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #212 of 273

Thanks for doing my homework, mommy, but I have argued well against your insistent use of pockets and not bringing a bag into work. Other members have also told you the same.

 

Give up, you're wrong and you lose. Thanks for the big waste of time.

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #213 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

…I have argued well against your insistent use of pockets and not bringing a bag into work.

No, you've said they don't exist, aren't sufficient, and that it isn't possible, respectively.

Such statements are idiotic, and, as the future will show (heck, the present), completely irrelevant. It should be intractable to continue claiming something when it has been proven wrong or irrelevant. Heck, it can probably be defined as trolling.

Apple's policy will change to stop people from bringing bags into work at all, since apparently people are too stupid to understand how to do that themselves. I'm sick of all this coddling in society. If you're too stupid to figure something out, you pay the price for it. Maybe, just maybe, I shouldn't bring my bag into work if I don't want it searched, seeing as the bag isn't required and its allowance is a courtesy in the first place.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #214 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


No, you've said they don't exist, aren't sufficient, and that it isn't possible, respectively.

Such statements are idiotic, and, as the future will show (heck, the present), completely irrelevant. It should be intractable to continue claiming something when it has been proven wrong or irrelevant. Heck, it can probably be defined as trolling.

Apple's policy will change to stop people from bringing bags into work at all, since apparently people are too stupid to understand how to do that themselves. I'm sick of all this coddling in society. If you're too stupid to figure something out, you pay the price for it. Maybe, just maybe, I shouldn't bring my bag into work if I don't want it searched, seeing as the bag isn't required and its allowance is a courtesy in the first place.

So bringing a bag into work is a courtesy extended by an employer now? Alllllrighty then.

 

I'm not trolling and I have cited many reasons why you can't keep people from using some type of bag to transport things that are needed during the course of a day.....ESPECIALLY females. I don't know why you keep ignoring that fact. Just because you don't doesn't mean that others don't have the need and what's idiotic is the fact that you can't understand that your needs, or lack thereof, is different than other people's needs.

 

A lot of girls are modest and don't like to advertise that they have their period.....so let's just walk through the Apple store on the way to clock in with a big box of tampons in-hand telling the whole world. How about if someone needs to take a medicine multiple times a day? (Edit: Think diabetics needing insulin and syringes. Don't you just hate coddling to a diabetic's needs?). It is illegal to transport a prescription NOT in it's original bottle and I'm sure walking around with a big yellow prescription bottle is not something most would be comfortable doing. Actually, it's no one's business knowing who is taking what medicines. It's not black and white.

 

 

 

You're ignorant AND crazy.


Edited by Dickprinter - 8/1/13 at 1:19pm
You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #215 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, you've said they don't exist, aren't sufficient, and that it isn't possible, respectively.

Such statements are idiotic, and, as the future will show (heck, the present), completely irrelevant. It should be intractable to continue claiming something when it has been proven wrong or irrelevant. Heck, it can probably be defined as trolling.

Pockets on many women pants are insufficient and/or non existent. Give up. You try going to work with just keys and an ID and leave them in your pocket all day.
post #216 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

So bringing a bag into work is a courtesy extended by an employer now? Alllllrighty then.

 

...You're ignorant AND crazy.

 

You've probably been here longer than me, so I admire your persistence in trying to teach tallest skil something. It only took me a couple weeks to figure out that he's constitutionally incapable of seeing any perspective other than his own, much less admitting he could have been even slightly wrong. 

post #217 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

This conversation is really quite interesting, I've learned a lot about how people in America view their minimum wage employees. I am so blessed that I was able to go to a really good university and especially have a job where checking bags isn't necessary. As a female who carries a purse I couldn't imagine the humiliation of a male security person rummaging threw it for contraband or stolen goods. It's so demeaning, if you cannot trust your employees then why should the employee trust their employer. The Apple Store has many security cameras, if something comes up missing why not just check the video footage. Do employees steal so much in America that these kind of practices have to be put into place. I personally could never work for an Apple Store after hearing about this, it's absolutely horrendous and banning personal purses or backpacks probably wouldn't slow down a would be thief anyway, as iPads, iPods, iPhones, software, accessories, ect. are small enough to conceal on ones person. This whole exercise is not only counterproductive but probably destroys the integrity of the employer in the employees eyes. I'm sorry for not following most of your views here but this sucks and the employees should be awarded any damages they are seeking. It's not like Apple is hurting for money, I would hope that employee theft is so rare that Apple would rather have a happy employee then to punish them all because of the transgressions of a very few. I just don't see the benefit here for either party.

Finally a reasonable, intelligent, logical post that deals with reality.

I think some of the people who posted either:
A) are trolling
B) have absolutely no regard for workers, especially low-paid workers
C) never leave their house, so they have no understanding of what real people do or need
D) have no understanding of women.
post #218 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post


Finally a reasonable, intelligent, logical post that deals with reality.

I think some of the people who posted either:
A) are trolling
B) have absolutely no regard for workers, especially low-paid workers
C) never leave their house, so they have no understanding of what real people do or need
D) have no understanding of women.

 

I'll take "Things that describe Tallest Skil" for $1000, please, Alex. 1biggrin.gif

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #219 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlor View Post

 

You've probably been here longer than me, so I admire your persistence in trying to teach tallest skil something. It only took me a couple weeks to figure out that he's constitutionally incapable of seeing any perspective other than his own, much less admitting he could have been even slightly wrong. 

 

I've visited AI for close to 10 years and I've been a member for 5. I usually sit on the sidelines to read comments and to be entertained. The fanaticism on both the Apple and non-Apple side is extreme and quite humorous at times. I pipe-up and chime-in when there are comments made that I just can't accept. Tallest Skil did one of his typical drive-by posts saying that this lawsuit has no merit and will get thrown out without really explaining why. While I agree that the lawsuit will go nowhere, I tried to engage with him in an effort to get his reasoning and/or to suggest a solution. He seems to think that no one should ever have the need to bring any type of bag to their place of employment. I maintain that there are many people, especially women, that cannot get through the workday without some type of bag to hold their personal items. I also brought up people with medical issues, such as diabetics, who need to test and inject themselves at least after every meal. The insulin needs to be refrigerated, also.

 

Why he can't see that this is not a black and white issue, I'll never know. His answers are "you don't need a bag" and "pockets!". I've given numerous instances where a bag would be indispensable to some people, but, it seems that I am completely wrong about that and anything that anyone might need during the course of the workday can be stored in pants pockets.

 

Thanks for the kudos.

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #220 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Getz View Post

 

I'm sure Apple employees are far removed from the rest of the country, but here are just a few links. Most research shows employees waste 1.5 - 2 hours per day! 

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/cherylsnappconner/2012/07/17/employees-really-do-waste-time-at-work/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/28618/US-Workers-Say-They-Waste-About-Hour-Work-Each-Day.aspx

http://www.salary.com/wasting%2Dtime%2Dat%2Dwork%2D2012/

http://libgig.com/node/1011

I suspect you're just randomly googling, as I know forbes and salary.com would be on the first page or so. They come up frequently. Apart from that the gallup poll is the only thing there that might count as research, albeit still open to bias in terms of how it is quantified. By that I mean how it's randomized and what people actually regard as their own wasted time. You're trying to take survey data to prove that specific individuals don't have a case. That isn't likely to work.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Getz View Post

 

 

what more is there to explain than what I wrote already in several posts? What don't you understand? 

 

No one works 100% of the time and much of that is not due to not having any work, but the person wanting to talk to others, be lazy, check email, text friends, etc. Which in and of itself I was not complaining about. However, when the same people then complain that Apple takes 5 minutes out of their time to check bags, when they took on average an hour of Apple's time is very hypocritical. 

 

What they are saying is 'I can stand around talking and texting and emailing when on the clock, knowing I should be doing something else, but you don't have the right to take any additional time from me'. 

See you don't have data on any of these guys. Everything you presented is generalized, not specific to this company, and as I mentioned it gives no indication of whether Apple or any other company can even require people to remain on premises after clocking out. That is probably one of the things that will be considered in determining whether the case moves forward. You don't really know if these people behave in such a manner. You just assumed it and projected your opinion, combined with the boogie man (labor unions) reference.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

So what are your thoughts for a solution?


I've been thinking about that. It's not like employees would have to stash things in their bags to steal them. Bags hold more, but no one is going to try to steal 10 phones at a time. It's unlikely that they would try to steal one per shift. You may recall some of the recent articles regarding smartphone manufacturers and anti-theft devices. On phones those kinds of things should also be effective at the retail level. Those are some of the highest return per dollar items. With something really small such as an ipod nano, it's not like it's easy to prevent all forms of theft there. In fact I wonder if there are any retail loss prevention case studies floating around that examine the effectiveness of constant bag checks. If they really feel bag checks need to be in place, they may want to work on efficiency. In this case a manager has to sign off, meaning to alleviate any extra time, they would have to be available anytime employees are about to clock out. They would probably have security staff for check ins/check outs instead if it wasn't an added expense. Many office buildings have that. You check in. They ask what business you're visiting. They tell you the exact elevator to board.

 

Anyway I doubt there's an easy solution that covers everything perfectly, but I also doubt the effectiveness of treating your staff like potential criminals.

post #221 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

So bringing a bag into work is a courtesy extended by an employer now? Alllllrighty then.

I'm sure the government (Lockheed Martin, any prison, chemistry labs, the National Reserve…) will bend over backward and allow you to take anything you want anywhere you want if you work for them¡ 1oyvey.gif
Quote:
…you can't keep people from using some type of bag…

Sure you can. It's called, "You're fired; follow the rules."
Quote:
I don't know why you keep ignoring that fact.

Only because it isn't, not because of how you've constructed and presented your argument.
Quote:
A lot of girls are modest and don't like to advertise that they have their period.....so let's just walk through the Apple store on the way to clock in with a big box of tampons in-hand telling the whole world.

I was under the distinct impression that there were dispensers for said devices in women's restrooms. Also that only one was necessary at a time.
Quote:
How about if someone needs to take a medicine multiple times a day? (Edit: Think diabetics needing insulin and syringes. Don't you just hate coddling to a diabetic's needs?).

You wouldn't need to do this if you had a proper argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You try going to work with just keys and an ID and leave them in your pocket all day.

Already do. Works magically. Sort of the reason I can't fathom why you think people deserve to take bags of crap anywhere they want in the first place. A potential Apple ban on employee bags isn't going to destroy anyone's life, is perfectly legal, and won't arouse any complaints in the first place except from these people demanding money on top of being afforded the ability to carry bags into the back part of the store.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #222 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post



I was under the distinct impression that there were dispensers for said devices in women's restrooms. Also that only one was necessary at a time.

Those cost money and if they can only carry keys and an ID, how would they pay for it. In addition, you obviously never been with a girl if you think they only use one item for 8 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post



Already do. Works magically. Sort of the reason I can't fathom why you think people deserve to take bags of crap anywhere they want in the first place. A potential Apple ban on employee bags isn't going to destroy anyone's life, is perfectly legal, and won't arouse any complaints in the first place except from these people demanding money on top of being afforded the ability to carry bags into the back part of the store.

I smell bullsh1t. You just take an ID and keys? So you leave your wallet, money and phone at home?

We aren't talking about luggage. We are talking about handbags.
post #223 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Those cost money and if they can only carry keys and an ID, how would they pay for it. In addition, you obviously never been with a girl if you think they only use one item for 8 hours.

And with the breaks they're allotted, that stops being a problem.
Quote:
I smell bullsh1t. You just take an ID and keys? So you leave your wallet, money and phone at home?

Of course not. In the car, just like these magically "needed" bags would be. I never carry my wallet, anyway. If I need money, I take in the money I need.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #224 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And with the breaks they're allotted, that stops being a problem.
Of course not. In the car, just like these magically "needed" bags would be. I never carry my wallet, anyway. If I need money, I take in the money I need.

So for people taking mass transit, just tell them to leave their phones and money on the bus/train or buy a car. F'n brilliant.
post #225 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

So for people taking mass transit, just tell them to leave their phones and money on the bus/train or buy a car. F'n brilliant.

I don't claim to be the norm. If you can't get your money, keys, phone, and some form of ID in your pockets, your phone's too big.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #226 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

(... blah, blah, blah...)

 

UNCLE!

 

There, I said it!

 

It's not worth another second of my time to argue with someone with your mentality. Completely futile. 

 

Now that I conceded you can continue on in life knowing you've won instead of just thinking you've won. Happy?

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #227 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


I don't claim to be the norm.

Finally.....the truth.

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #228 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don't claim to be the norm. If you can't get your money, keys, phone, and some form of ID in your pockets, your phone's too big.

Or your pockets are nonexistent and/or too small to be useful--most women pants.
post #229 of 273

While I do sympathize with the plaintiffs in this case, I feel that this action is full of sour grapes.  For one thing, there is a way to bring any issue to corporate if management does not address the issue you have, and it's with your HR manager.  If they did that, then go ahead full steam and sue.  I doubt that they did, because I guess I'm one of the few people who actually READ the frickin complaint before commenting.  If there was a repeated behavior of having to wait for someone to check your bag, then it should have been addressed to the store leader first, which probably did not happen.  

 

One of the issues with employees at Apple is that they don't follow the procedure of giving feedback, because they are afraid of reprisal.  So they just take whatever issue they have and push it way deep inside of them and continue to take it.  Then later when they quit or eventually end up not caring about their job and get fired for having a bad attitude they figure they are the victim and Apple is to blame.  That may be true, but only to a certain point.  If you let someone walk all over you and don't say anything, than it's your fault.  That's no matter where you work.  If you follow the companies procedures for issues and do not get any amicable resolution, then suing is a good way to get the company to pay attention to what is going on.

 

It is not a gender based issue, as Apple searches bags and backpacks no matter what gender you are.

post #230 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

There, I said it!

Not good enough. You need to understand why you're wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Or your pockets are nonexistent and/or too small to be useful—most women pants.

You keep going on about this. Sounds like you need to buy better pants instead. I'll call my mother and ask her to list her clothing brands for you so you can buy clothing that actually has some function to it. She doesn't own a pair of pants without pockets, and even her dresses have them. 1oyvey.gif

It is a privilege, not a right, to bring a personal bag to work. That's the entire argument right there. If Apple bans personal bags, no one will care.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #231 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Not good enough. You need to understand why you're wrong.
You keep going on about this. Sounds like you need to buy better pants instead. I'll call my mother and ask her to list her clothing brands for you so you can buy clothing that actually has some function to it. She doesn't own a pair of pants without pockets, and even her dresses have them. 1oyvey.gif

It is a privilege, not a right, to bring a personal bag to work. That's the entire argument right there. If Apple bans personal bags, no one will care.

I fail to understand why I'm wrong because I have presented good arguments. You, on the other hand, haven't.  My pants are fine because I can keep everything I need in my pockets, BUT MY NEEDS ARE NOT THE SAME AS OTHER'S!

 

If the world revolved around me then I wouldn't give a crap around everyone else's needs. Obviously you think the world revolves around you so now I see why you have no capacity for empathy. Your attitude is "If I can do it, so can everyone else" That's simply not the case because, thank God, everyone else is not like you.

 

A) Woman's modern pants, pants that are currently in fashion, have small, unusable (especially for the purposes you suggest or use them for) pockets. The attire a 50-60+ year old woman wears (like your mommy) is not the same as the clothing Apple employees wear. Female khakis and jeans have very small pockets (for the 5th time!!!). I have seen the majority of female Apple Store employees in the 20-50 year old range. You can't tell me that 20-50 year old women shop in the same stores, or section of store, for clothing as your mommy does.  What your mommy wears is not representative of the rest of the population, even though you may think she's perfect. You really need to get out more often.

 

B) Apple cannot ban a bag that one needs to carry medical supplies, like diabetics. Employers cannot discriminate against people with medical issues. There are many public restrooms that have vending dispensers for female sanitary products, but not most workplaces. One needs to be respectful of their coworkers so women do not leave boxes of tampons in the bathroom because 1) a lot of workplaces have unisex bathrooms and some guys have an issue with being exposed to that kind of thing. And, 2) Women steal other women's sanitary products, which is why they carry them in their personal bag. Since they need to change them multiple times a day...that bag needs to be handy!!! 

 

Using an open mind, I'm giving you REAL WORLD FACTS, not the fantasy-driven, tunnel-vision world that you're drawing from.

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #232 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not good enough. You need to understand why you're wrong.
You keep going on about this. Sounds like you need to buy better pants instead. I'll call my mother and ask her to list her clothing brands for you so you can buy clothing that actually has some function to it. She doesn't own a pair of pants without pockets, and even her dresses have them. 1oyvey.gif

It is a privilege, not a right, to bring a personal bag to work. That's the entire argument right there. If Apple bans personal bags, no one will care.

You have a mom? Tell her to just bring keys and her ID when she leaves the house. Leave her handbag at home.
post #233 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

A) Woman's modern pants, pants that are currently in fashion, have small, unusable (especially for the purposes you suggest or use them for) pockets. Female khakis and jeans have very small pockets (for the 5th time!!!).

Fashion's fickle. Guess pockets have changed since yesterday.
Quote:
B) Apple cannot ban a bag that one needs to carry medical supplies, like diabetics. Employers cannot discriminate against people with medical issues.

And what about something like that makes you think it has anything to do with the argument I'm making? For the, what, tenth time: there's no reason that a bag not required for doing the job needs to come in, and if they can it's at the employer's discretion and under their rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You have a mom? Tell her to just bring keys and her ID when she leaves the house. Leave her handbag at home.

She does. Rather, again, like I previously stated, in the car. She takes her keys, phone, and ID to work. In pockets.

So all these other places I keep bringing up and you two keep ignoring… you're fine with their bag search policies? And bag ownership policies? Just not Apple's huh.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #234 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Fashion's fickle. Guess pockets have changed since yesterday.
And what about something like that makes you think it has anything to do with the argument I'm making? For the, what, tenth time: there's no reason that a bag not required for doing the job needs to come in, and if they can it's at the employer's discretion and under their rules.
She does. Rather, again, like I previously stated, in the car. She takes her keys, phone, and ID to work. In pockets.

So all these other places I keep bringing up and you two keep ignoring… you're fine with their bag search policies? And bag ownership policies? Just not Apple's huh.

Not everyone has a car. I'm ok with Apple's bag search policy but don't tell me no one needs a bag.
post #235 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


(...)

 

When I was in my teens, a hit song by Kansas played on the radio. The lyrics included the line: "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

 

Being young, inexperienced with life and un-worldy, I never really knew what that lyric meant at the time. I thought it was the same poetic license that many progressive rock artists used at the time. As I matured and gathered experience in the world, with both coworkers and by owning my own business, I have met a lot of different personalities. Some people will argue a point and maintain they're right even when indisputable evidence is presented right in front of their face.  You are one of these people.

 

That lyric clearly defines you.

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #236 of 273
Thanks for continuing to refuse to reply to my points.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #237 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for continuing to refuse to reply to my points.

I have, ad nauseam. You compare working at the Apple store to companies that require security clearance, and prisons, who have policies in effect for safety reasons.

 

How or why should I argue such nonsense when you don't even acknowledge medical issues or female issues?

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #238 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So all these other places I keep bringing up and you two keep ignoring… you're fine with their bag search policies? And bag ownership policies? Just not Apple's huh.

 

In all the other places you mentioned, most employees are salaried.  (Prison guards are the exception.)

 

Waiting to get a bag checked for lunch is not that a big a deal in their case.  They get paid the same, and usually have no problem taking the same amount of time for lunch.

 

This thread is about hourly workers who are neither paid for waiting, nor do they get to make up the time that was taken away from their lunch break.

post #239 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for continuing to refuse to reply to my points.

 

I have, along with Kdarling....and we're waiting for your next nonsensical reply.

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #240 of 273
If YOU want to search ME then we're doing it on YOUR time not MINE. Can't see why that's so hard to comprehend.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple retail workers file class action suit claiming lost wages over bag searches