or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Review: Google's $35 Chromecast has promise, but plenty of room for improvement

Review: Google's $35 Chromecast has promise, but plenty of room for improvement - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Thanks for the quote.  Here's Mossberg's review:

I've read something along these lines in a couple of places now.  I hope that it's true, but I'm still unsure because Mossberg could have misunderstood something and I haven't seen any established Apple news sites, developers, or insiders actually clarify it once and for all.  And, if true, it still leaves me wondering why Netflix and Hulu+ aren't making use of this option.  I'd be curious to know which apps do make use of it.  Based on my testing, maybe the YouTube app?  If so, that would be funny since YouTube is owned by Google, and Google touted the Chromecast method as being special, so if they're already using that method with their iOS YouTube app and how it utilizes AirPlay to connect to the ATV, then that aspect of it isn't really special at all, and they know it.

Edited by Scott R - 8/6/13 at 6:02am
post #42 of 43
Woot, a DED balanced piece?
You ill, Daniel?

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

post #43 of 43
A good first attempt. Need to wait for 2.0 or 3.0.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Review: Google's $35 Chromecast has promise, but plenty of room for improvement