or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Well it looks like I'm no longer in remission

Well it looks like I'm no longer in remission - Page 3

post #81 of 105
Also tried using the email contact form on the hospital website. Used Babelfish to translate my request for information into German. Will see what happens on both scores.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #82 of 105
Interesting.  She was obviously performing with the ZKO that night but there's no listing for her or any pictures with her in it.

Screen caps:

Images removed at Phil's request.

If you hit a dead end at the hospital you can inquire with the ZKO: http://www.zko.ch/Home

HD video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkm_NwHBbiQ
Edited by nht - 1/21/14 at 4:22am
post #83 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I will inquire, but have serious doubts this is the same person. She said a lot about herself, but never mentioned being a violinist. Also the timing. She couldn't even type the last few months and was using Siri and Dragon Speak to communicate.

She did play the violin; she linked us to the video. And had vibrant recollections on the dinner party afterwards, panties itching during the performance and all. It obviously was a while back, not recent.

Yes, typing became very difficult for her, I remember those posts where she explains it all.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #84 of 105
Quote:

I will inquire, but have serious doubts this is the same person. She said a lot about herself, but never mentioned being a violinist. Also the timing. She couldn't even type the last few months and was using Siri and Dragon Speak to communicate.

She posted this video (actually the standard def one) and it was 2011.  I would think Phil would have more luck in any inquiry.  He's in NL...how's your German Phil?  Is German too close to Dutch that's it's annoying or close enough that's it's a no brainer to learn?

post #85 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by nht View Post

She posted this video (actually the standard def one) and it was 2011.  I would think Phil would have more luck in any inquiry.  He's in NL...how's your German Phil?  Is German too close to Dutch that's it's annoying or close enough that's it's a no brainer to learn?

Nothing annoying about German, or Germans for that matter. I met a few through work and each of them are very kind. Although I found it easy to learn in school I wouldn't say that I'm fluent in German. I do understand the language for chit chat, but a conversation would prove to be difficult for me. Calling for an inquiry...I pass.

To be honest, I think we'll only get a confirmation of what some of us are afraid of anyway, that she would've passed away. Don't want to sound negative, but the long silence, the very short login, and no response on email as I understand it....it doesn't mean a thing yet I think...well, you get the picture.

I have fond memories of her. Witty, open minded, strong character, yes, she came across as a very likeable person. I miss her posts.
Edited by PhilBoogie - 3/19/14 at 9:20am
post #86 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Nothing annoying about German, or Germans for that matter. I met a few through work and each of them are very kind. Although I found it easy to learn in school I wouldn't say that I'm fluent in German. I do understand the language for chit chat, but a conversation would proof to be difficult for me. Calling for an inquiry...I pass.

To be honest, I think we'll only get a confirmation of what some of us are afraid of anyway, that she would've passed away. Don't want to sound negative, but the long silence, the very short login, and no response on email as I understand it....it doesn't mean a thing yet I think...well, you get the picture.

I have fond memories of her. Witty, open minded, strong character, yes, she came across as a very likeable person. I miss her posts.

I agree.  Robin seems concerned so it would mostly be for him.  I don't mind doing a little internet sleuthing to help someone out but I probably wouldn't call either if they were in Canada or something (I'm in the US).  Sorry to volunteer you.

post #87 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by nht View Post

I agree.  Robin seems concerned so it would mostly be for him.  I don't mind doing a little internet sleuthing to help someone out but I probably wouldn't call either if they were in Canada or something (I'm in the US).  Sorry to volunteer you.

No apology needed. Neighbouring country, making it a logical question. I wouldn't have been surprised a request for me to drive over there; it's a little over 500 miles. And through Germany, which still has parts without speed limits.
post #88 of 105
Sorry about my ignorance concerning the video. Will watch it now to get a glimpse of what is likely lost. I agree that the outcome of further searching would be confirmation of the worst case.
post #89 of 105

Her account seems to still be active, I noticed it was logged in about 3 days ago, and it was logged in 1 day, 18 hours ago, so someone is going to the AI forums on one of her computers (I assume).

I'm assuming someone (Robin Hunter or PhilBoogie?) have tried sending her private messages? Also wondering if we post of this thread/send private messages, don't they send email notifications, or is that off by default?

Wonder if one of the Mods can see what the account does when it's logged in (IE, see if it checked messages, reads particular threads).

Replace user and press any key to continue!
Replace user and press any key to continue!
post #90 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabuga View Post

Her account seems to still be active, I noticed it was logged in about 3 days ago, and it was logged in 1 day, 18 hours ago, so someone is going to the AI forums on one of her computers (I assume).
I'm assuming someone (Robin Hunter or PhilBoogie?) have tried sending her private messages? Also wondering if we post of this thread/send private messages, don't they send email notifications, or is that off by default?
Wonder if one of the Mods can see what the account does when it's logged in (IE, see if it checked messages, reads particular threads).

There's no activity logs but as mentioned earlier, the most recent access is from a device she's never used before and a different country. If she had that device first and logged it in before handing it to someone, it would have logged it where she was so it seems more likely that she gave her login details to someone else e.g by email. She said before that she'd have someone post an obituary on the forum but maybe they are checking out if it's a good idea to do this or not. It's probably a bit strange having to post this kind of thing on behalf of someone else on an internet forum.
post #91 of 105

If she has PM e-mails turned on, a PM would, well, ping her e-mail account, and if a family member is still monitoring that…

post #92 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabuga View Post

I'm assuming someone (Robin Hunter or PhilBoogie?) have tried sending her private messages?

I did, no reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

There's no activity logs but as mentioned earlier, the most recent access is from a device she's never used before and a different country. If she had that device first and logged it in before handing it to someone, it would have logged it where she was so it seems more likely that she gave her login details to someone else e.g by email. She said before that she'd have someone post an obituary on the forum but maybe they are checking out if it's a good idea to do this or not. It's probably a bit strange having to post this kind of thing on behalf of someone else on an internet forum.

1) she also said she would be giving all of her devices / PC's away. Quite likely now that she indeed has passed away and devices are being / have been transferred. Hence the short logon; possibly someone just powering on a device, going 'ah, it all works, let me format the storage'.

2) It will not only be difficult for her next of kin to post her obituary but possibly also strange as she was the techie and I don't think we can assume her husband or children are going to look for her login pw and post under her name. Then again, if she made the request one would assume it would be 'granted'.

Anyway, too many assumptions on my part. For now we don't know, but it looks like we won't ever. Well, that's not true, but a confirmation would take away the worrying.
post #93 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

But the photo looks like the same person as in the video.

Yes, a blond germanic looking woman.  /shrug  

It is unlikely they are the same person.  

It is possible, but odd, if relic provided Robin with a bad name or something.  The internet can be an odd place but other than getting Robin a bit concerned there's no payoff that I can see for being deceptive.

I suppose someone could send a note to the person in LinkedIn and see.  That would be easiest if a little weird.

post #94 of 105
Quote:

I wondered at some of the info posted by a Moderator earlier (multiple accounts, sketchy explanations, etc.)–thought he may have been hinting at the possibility of our being Catfished. Always a possibility online I suppose, but seems unlikely.

That would have taken someone very clever with a lot of free time. I also don't see how it would be that amusing to keep such a thing going so long. If you note some of the later forum posts, it's easy to see a drift in writing style where she would have been heavily medicated. She mentioned also posting on a nokia forum, but I haven't looked.

post #95 of 105
Quote:

I think this has a much better chance, considering a hospital privacy guidelines.
Actually, I'm not sure if the hospital inquiry was actually received. There was some kind of error notice, and it was not clear if it meant it didn't go through or whether it was just a format or other minor issue.
post #96 of 105

No offense but this thread is getting a little stalkerish with a lot of information being bandied about that while being in the public domain would take a lot of time and effort to extrapolate.

Yes, I understand that she meant a lot to the forums, but I think we could be a little more discrete about it. 

If she is gone, then she is gone and maybe we look to honour her memory with a donation to something she believed in. If she has sadly passed, then the charity wins.  If she rises from the dead then everyone wins.

2c.  Will not post again in this thread. 

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #97 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post

No offense but this thread is getting a little stalkerish with a lot of information being bandied about that while being in the public domain would take a lot of time and effort to extrapolate.

Yes, I understand that she meant a lot to the forums, but I think we could be a little more discrete about it. 

If she is gone, then she is gone and maybe we look to honour her memory with a donation to something she believed in. If she has sadly passed, then the charity wins.  If she rises from the dead then everyone wins.

2c.  Will not post again in this thread. 
Agree. Some of us have already decided to take this to PMs and will not be posting again until something is resolved and a general announcement might be made through the Moderators.
post #98 of 105

I am posting on behalf of Relic.

Dear all, my sincere apologies for not posting sooner. Thank you all for your kind words and let's just say your enduring passion to find me. I am still alive and kicking, albeit not in any shape to visit any forums for the time being. I will post more when I know the outcome of my predicament. If anyone has any questions please send me a PM as I now have someone checking in for me from time to time. Again, please forgive me if I caused any anxiety to anyone here. It was not my intention as I love being here and all of you as well. You have been my friends for a very long time and God willing a little time longer. I ask those who I have personally reached out too, to not post any of my personal information in this forum. When the time comes I will make sure all of that information is properly presented here, without all of the speculation.

Thank you for understanding and God Bless you all!

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #99 of 105

Said I wasn't going to post anymore in thread but thought I would make an exception. Thank you for keeping us informed and our thoughts are with you.

post #100 of 105
Welcome back Relic. I think it's safe to say that you had us all quite worried here. At least until back in Januari when someone posted here on your behalf. Thank you for that.

Good to read that you now have hope, that should be an interesting read how you made this turn around in the right direction. Please, post away. Even though we have quite a few very funny people here, for some reason they cannot quite match your 'gibberish' and much welcomed 'rants'. Welcome back.
post #101 of 105
Amen to that, Phil.
post #102 of 105

I'm happy to see that it appears the personal stuff has been taken offline/PM.  That's the way I'm keeping it until/unless I hear otherwise directly from Relic.

I don't think we need to necessarily abandon this thread, but it's never cool to post personal, stalky stuff about someone else without their explicit permission on a public forum.

No Matte == No Sale :-(
post #103 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

I'm happy to see that it appears the personal stuff has been taken offline/PM.  That's the way I'm keeping it until/unless I hear otherwise directly from Relic.

I don't think we need to necessarily abandon this thread, but it's never cool to post personal, stalky stuff about someone else without their explicit permission on a public forum.

While I agree on the sentiment in general, don't forget that she herself posted a link to that video. When she went 'offline' we removed all pictures to respect the very thing that you write about.
post #104 of 105
Quote:

While I agree on the sentiment in general, don't forget that she herself posted a link to that video. When she went 'offline' we removed all pictures to respect the very thing that you write about.

I see that now, though there's still more here than I would be comfortable with, personally. But everyone has different comfort levels with this stuff, and I'd forgotten that she posted that link.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm still hopeful that we'll hear from Relic again.
post #105 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

Until I hear otherwise, I'm still hopeful that we'll hear from Relic again.

Good post. And I wholeheartedly agree with your closing statement.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Well it looks like I'm no longer in remission