or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google's Brin funds $332K lab-grown beef hamburger, looks to make meat a sustainable resource
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google's Brin funds $332K lab-grown beef hamburger, looks to make meat a sustainable resource - Page 2

post #41 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwalker View Post

Another UFO: Unidentifiable Food-like Object.  That's what I would call food in stalls on the streets of Delhi, Agra or Ahmadabad.

I'd rather chance that than the stuff people like you buy in fast food joints. :-)
post #42 of 127

This is really an awesome bit of news. Not that it has anything to do with Apple - but still awesome.

 

I just hope the cultured meat isn't going to turn us into sick zombies one day -- but on the plus, side; that's what our current Beef is going to do if we continue to eat cloned, sick cows.

 

Rather than turn the animals into some mutant vegetable, yes, let's grow stuff and make it meat.

 

 

Just NEVER EVER, let it out and fall into a vat of some radioactive waste, I really don't want to be chased down by a giant meatball.

post #43 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


I'd rather chance that than the stuff you people buy in fast food joints.

True that. People have no idea how gross factory farm livestock have become.

 

I'm fairly sure that chicken nuggets are actually raised exactly in nugget form now; no eyes or beak; and their feather turn into a golden batter just before it's time for them to roll into paper bags with large "M"s on the side.

post #44 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake_William_Shatner View Post

I'm fairly sure that chicken nuggets are actually raised exactly in nugget form now; no eyes or beak; and their feather turn into a golden batter just before it's time for them to roll into paper bags with large "M"s on the side.

I think you're spot on. .
post #45 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

Funny the responses to someone trying to help humanity. What has Apple or Tim Cook been working on that helps humanity?

Google helping humanity?!! This is an Ad / SPAM based company. It's Google! LOL

 

What does Apple / Tim Cook to help humanity? This, Today and To Save Lives: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/05/apple-announces-takeback-program-for-counterfeit-usb-power-adapters.

 

And believe me, it will cost Apple a lot more than Sergey's lousy $332K.

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

Reply

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

Reply
post #46 of 127
You can reduce the amount of antibiotics in the beef BY NOT USING IT.

Seems to work for every other nation. Here in New Zealand it is illegal to have any trace of antibiotics in the meat or milk. In fact dairy farmers here get fined $10,000 / gram of antibiotics found in milk.

It's really poor quality farming that requires so much antibiotics.
post #47 of 127

I would imagine this is not far from what we already been served in super markets.

While not appetizing its still pretty amazing and hopefully will lead to other advancments. Imagine growing new organs for transplanting etc... this is all part of the same science.

 

However in the mean time I will stick to non-process foods..... but if I had to choose between a franken-burger or a hotdog served at a stadium. It would be frankenburger everytime.

post #48 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is really misleading though.  

 

All the advertisements for the process like this one show hamburger that looks just like hamburger, but every report by anyone who has seen it or eaten it, describes it as "grey," "slimy," and that it tastes "not very much like beef."

 

This is really just false advertising.  Synthetic meat is just not very likely to be a replacement for real meat for a long time.  

 

Like most Google projects ...this is more "pie in the sky" than it is meat on your barbecue. 

 

This is not a Google project. Google Derangement Syndrome again. This happens to be non-commercial product that took a research grant from Sergey Brin.

 

*Research*. The article says 10-20 years for commercialization. This is long term study.  What's so hard to understand? This country is going to go down the tubes if people's attention deficit disorder and greed for short term gains and results does not permit basic research.

post #49 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

Google helping humanity?!! This is an Ad / SPAM based company. It's Google! LOL

 

What does Apple / Tim Cook to help humanity? This, Today and To Save Lives: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/05/apple-announces-takeback-program-for-counterfeit-usb-power-adapters.

 

And believe me, it will cost Apple a lot more than Sergey's lousy $332K

They only doing this so that they don't get sued encase one inferior product is linked to another.

post #50 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

Google helping humanity?!! This is an Ad / SPAM based company. It's Google! LOL

 

What does Apple / Tim Cook to help humanity? This, Today and To Save Lives: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/05/apple-announces-takeback-program-for-counterfeit-usb-power-adapters.

 

And believe me, it will cost Apple a lot more than Sergey's lousy $332K.

not google - brin, not cook, apple

really think Brin's $300k experiment is very different to Apple's buy back - why would you compare them? Should i compare paddle board trip from Cuba to USA with a manufacturer of auto tires?

post #51 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowededwookie View Post

Here in New Zealand it is illegal to have any trace of antibiotics in the meat or milk. In fact dairy farmers here get fined $10,000 / gram of antibiotics found in milk.

Hmm... It's not antibiotics, but it seems that everyone has issues these days? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/business/global/new-zealand-dairy-giant-apologizes-over-tainted-formula.html?_r=0
post #52 of 127
Soylent Green is people!
post #53 of 127
Eat more chicken. Admirable scary quest bioengineering food, I would eat if there was ever a shortage of natural food sources in the world, hell I'd eat sautaed dog or cat if I had to.
post #54 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

Google helping humanity?!! This is an Ad / SPAM based company. It's Google! LOL

 

What does Apple / Tim Cook to help humanity? This, Today and To Save Lives: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/05/apple-announces-takeback-program-for-counterfeit-usb-power-adapters.

 

And believe me, it will cost Apple a lot more than Sergey's lousy $332K.

 

LOL, a recall program for shitty third party adapters is what you consider charity? #firstworld problems.  How about free flu vaccinations for San Francisco children? How about making your phones in the US like Motorola.

 

You do realize that Google has a whole division devoted to charity set up by Larry and Sergey, Google.org. It gives over $100 million in cash + $1 billion in tech services and tens of thousands of volunteer hours. This doesn't count Google's green energy or education initiatives, nor its employee matching program which has been around far far longer than Apples.

 

As a company, Google is far far more generous than Apple and far less addicted to nickle-and-diming every aspect of their business and penny pinching while a $100billion pot of gold keeps filling. Google's founders also didn't rip off their best friends by passing off someone else's work as their own, lying about the bonus, and pocketing the majority of it.

post #55 of 127

This is actually pretty cool.  

 

I remember reading a science fiction story (Heinlein I think from the 50s) when I was a kid where a senator hostile to space was visiting a/the moon base to cut its budget.  The scientists there had developed an artificial cow to make milk and some meat but had to hide it.  Back then (when the story was written) they thought milk was a good idea for ulcers and in the story the senator had ulcers and had guzzled all his milk.  So they made more, impressed the senator and got their budget approved.

 

We're missing the flying cars but looking at the world today vs the world folks in the 50s and 60s thought we would have today it's pretty damn cool what we take for granted or, like in this thread, denigrate.  

 

I'm in a strange city I haven't been to before without a worry about getting lost, able to find great restaurants without knowing anyone here, watch a movie or read a story about someone cloning artificial meat while waiting in line and take decent pictures of the sights send them instantly to my wife on the other side of the country all from a phone in my pocket.  How cool is that?  I don't care if it's an iPhone or a Galaxy...they both can do this and it's insanely great.

 

F**k you debbie downers.  You suck.  When Gates or Brin or Cook does something cool with their money I applaud and ignore the petty tech rivalries that only losers really give a sh*t about.

post #56 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

never the less, have you read how many millions of acres are cleared so that we can let cattle graze? If we need more meat, making meat without the suffering or inefficiency of using cattle is not in itself a bad idea, certainly its an idea to be explored 

Good question, Right_said_fred, and I have, as most every person who has a teensy-weensy interest in our good planet or evening news surely has heard, over and over ad nauseam, like good truths are. Sorry for the delay, but I have been looking for something special for you to listen to. - more on that later.


 

 

Friend, if we believe what the govt (I am not talking about politics,) the media, our teachers, doctors, parents, the odd loose lunatic on the street tells us in such matters as …> medicine, the food pyramid, climate warming, the scarcity of water, of energy, how wasteful raising animals are to the lands, and you or your wife uses a swiffer (sp?) mop to wash floors or use soap out of plastic bottles for laundry (maybe only because its about all one can find now a days) or that brushing and flossing will save all teeth, that we are the only sentient beings in this universe, that the speed of Einstein's light equation is the fastest anything travels, that the universe started from nothing or maybe from something supper scrunched, that people are too stupid to accept explanations of important big ideas that only wheel barrow heads can understand, or that the universe is expanding at an ever increasing rate on its way to a frozen hell of lord knows how many mathematical dimensions; then be comfortable,be happy and read no further; I may have been wasting my time in this reply, or someone might be a wee bit curious: You may just live in the box of our times and that is good and such has proven successful over the millennia our species has walked this good earth (though in times of stress and destruction it is the out of box thinkers that have saved our sorry bacon (and then the cycle reverts to the box sitters). Where ever ye stand, or sit; be happy.
 
But is you are still here, I can yet find the podcasts discussion (rats!) by Kim Greenhouse on "It's Rainmaking Time" on raising animals leads to little/no stress and healthier lands and more food production than does the  mono cultured mess, swathing America is become today; it is so good, is on her site and I will eventually find it & I shall post it 
here:---> (right here between these here parentheses)
however long it takes me. (Well, I'm flighty and our toddler makes me forget everything) It is on Kim's sight and it (her site) is such a treasure trove of ideas crazy, and filled with ideas by very smart people (wheelbarrow heads), that only people who aren't comfortable being cocooned in the realities laid claim to, today, can visit comfortably (comfortable for them is jumping up and down,listening to strange ideas, speculating on other possibles, learning to leap tall buildings).
 
But here is one I could find and I shall listen to it tonight or probably tomorrow for I remember it being interesting and poignant. 
 
 
There is hope for the lands, my fellow sentient being. It just ain't possible with the ideas the box sitter keep hearing days after day, today (we are in comfortable times). (Box sitters make up >95% of our population and are important for the survival and continuance of our cultures in moderately stress and less, times.) There is no shame in living inside or outside the boxes of our cultures. Living inside the box makes us feel comfortable that our way is the best and only true way. I've already explained how living outside is, like stepping out of yr boxers when the girls are looking. :)
And thank-you for asking a question on my post.
 
Namaste and care to all sentient beings across our ever-being, not expanding, conscious, interconnected universe
 



addendum - I have no idea why my post seems to be in larger print from viewing it yesterday. And with all the weird style thingies I won't dare to try and change don't size. For the AI member who doesn't like 'screaming' larger than usual font sizes, my sincere apologies.
Edited by mhikl - 8/6/13 at 9:27am

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

Reply

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

Reply
post #57 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

how about a cow that was slaughtered many weeks ago, and the steak aged properly?

 

That's good too. So is a freshly killed pig roasted whole on a spit. Yummy. Getting bored here in the city and have a hankerin' for some real home-grown food.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #58 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is really misleading though.  

 

All the advertisements for the process like this one show hamburger that looks just like hamburger, but every report by anyone who has seen it or eaten it, describes it as "grey," "slimy," and that it tastes "not very much like beef."

 

This is really just false advertising.  Synthetic meat is just not very likely to be a replacement for real meat for a long time.  

 

Like most Google projects ...this is more "pie in the sky" than it is meat on your barbecue. 

Don't worry dude. Real meat will be readily available to those who survive the Apocalypse. Bow and arrow at the ready. Just joking. Personally, I would prefer to be a vegetarian anyway, but they are genetically modifying that too so I guess we can't win unless we grow our own.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #59 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc999 View Post

 

This is not a Google project. Google Derangement Syndrome again. This happens to be non-commercial product that took a research grant from Sergey Brin.

 

*Research*. The article says 10-20 years for commercialization. This is long term study.  What's so hard to understand? This country is going to go down the tubes if people's attention deficit disorder and greed for short term gains and results does not permit basic research.

 

1) you're splitting hairs.  I could/should have said "projects that Googlers are interested in." same thing. 

 

2) anything that's 10 to 20 years out is just futurism and not even worth talking about.  There is all kinds of crap that people *believe* will be happening in 10 to 20 years (space elevator comes to mind) that's absolute nonsense. 

post #60 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

 

1) you're splitting hairs.  I could/should have said "projects that Googlers are interested in." same thing. 

 

2) anything that's 10 to 20 years out is just futurism and not even worth talking about.  There is all kinds of crap that people *believe* will be happening in 10 to 20 years (space elevator comes to mind) that's absolute nonsense. 

 

I'm sure that's comforting to people who, 20 years ago got HIV or Cancer and were told there might be a cure in 10-20 years. No need to be interested in, or grant money to, something so far off. If I can't buy it at the Apple Store next quarter, **** it! Hey, it'll take ten years to make and launch a hubble space telescope? **** it. Oh, and it's not profitable!

 

This is a nutshell is the crux of everything I've been saying about the know-nothing, instant gratitude, obsessed with triviality, Apple zealots on these forums, and what real R&D is about. 

 

We would have never gotten out of the caves as a species if we couldn't tolerate long term research, long term planning, or delayed gratification. Honestly, I don't believe people really think like this, I think it is disingenuous behavior based on tribalism or cognitive dissonance. Essentially, unwilling to admit that the hero company they've invented so much religious fervor into, is not the single fountain of innovation (and indeed, doesn't actually do much long-term-for-the-benefit-of-knowing research at all and is really much more crassly commercial in its interests), they turn on and attack any news that anyone else is getting the limelight for their good works.

 

Google could announce a cure for cancer, and people here would be whining about it. It's quite childish.

post #61 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc999 View Post

Google could announce a cure for cancer, and people here would be whining about it. It's quite childish.

 

You can't even innovate your own comments. This is a standard post that's been thrown around for years regarding Apple. Oh the irony to see someone try and steal it away and apply it to Google.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #62 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc999 View Post

Google could announce a cure for cancer, and people here would be whining about it. It's quite childish.

Surely they would announce it ahead of their earnings report. Delivery date, well that would nor be mentioned, beta forever.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #63 of 127
Nice google glass ad placement at the start.
post #64 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

 

You can't even innovate your own comments. This is a standard post that's been thrown around for years regarding Apple. Oh the irony to see someone try and steal it away and apply it to Google.

 

When people say it about Apple, it's in regard to being disappointed in what they are launching, especially the way Wall Street reacts. The way people in these forums use it is straight-up irrational hatred. 

 

And it's so ridiculous, Steve Jobs himself would likely roll his eyes over in his grave. Here's To The Crazy Ones, remember? The spirit of innovation is the spirit of taking risks, of doing things that have a high probability of failure, or often of no economic benefit at all. It's why people climb mountains, or fly balloons around the world. The vitriol amongst this community has blinded people to the basic truths of the human condition, leaving them only the ability to react, and to not appreciate the achievements of others.

post #65 of 127
I just had to post this oldie but goodie...

If this beef produces less greenhouse gases. Did you feel it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luum91BRy_w
post #66 of 127

Soylent Green begins.

post #67 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc999 View Post

You do realize that Google has a whole division devoted to charity set up by Larry and Sergey, Google.org. It gives over $100 million in cash

Sure. To this kind of people to fool you fools out there.

post #68 of 127
Now i understand why i never liked Google much. If any at all. It is the fundamental difference in value and prospective.
post #69 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by baeder View Post

The idea of eating the synthetic muscle (can one really call it beef?) creeps me out.
 If this is the future of humanity ...

There is always Soylent Green... 

post #70 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc999 View Post

 

I'm sure that's comforting to people who, 20 years ago got HIV or Cancer and were told there might be a cure in 10-20 years. No need to be interested in, or grant money to, something so far off. If I can't buy it at the Apple Store next quarter, **** it! Hey, it'll take ten years to make and launch a hubble space telescope? **** it. Oh, and it's not profitable!

 

This is a nutshell is the crux of everything I've been saying about the know-nothing, instant gratitude, obsessed with triviality, Apple zealots on these forums, and what real R&D is about. 

 

We would have never gotten out of the caves as a species if we couldn't tolerate long term research, long term planning, or delayed gratification. Honestly, I don't believe people really think like this, I think it is disingenuous behavior based on tribalism or cognitive dissonance. Essentially, unwilling to admit that the hero company they've invented so much religious fervor into, is not the single fountain of innovation (and indeed, doesn't actually do much long-term-for-the-benefit-of-knowing research at all and is really much more crassly commercial in its interests), they turn on and attack any news that anyone else is getting the limelight for their good works.

 

Google could announce a cure for cancer, and people here would be whining about it. It's quite childish.

 

I fart in your general direction... 

post #71 of 127
This is going to massive. The human race will continue to eat meat, it's what they do as the tribal species that it is. The technology in the video is the only viable solution right now. It's going to prove massive in the next 20 years. Regardless what your views are, when the air turns to smog as a result of the massive increase in farming, most people will change their views and embrace the technical solution. Unless someone comes up with a better alternative. Vegetarianism will not work on a mass scale.
Regardless of our views, change is coming, so we can either embrace it or be left behind.

Animal farmed meat may even have the stigma associated to it like smoking does today. Very unhealthy dirty habit.
post #72 of 127
Put your mouth where your money is, Sergey !

Chow down, clown !
Soy or tofu preferable to this nonsense.
post #73 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob53 View Post

When I was growing up, we didn't eat 5lb hamburgers or 30 oz steaks multiple times a week. We were a lot healthier than the fat people today who cram so much unnecessary meat into their bodies it's no wonder they get sick with cancer and diabetes. Eat healthier, don't attempt to grow animal protein for human consumption.

When I was growing up we'd just rip a hunk of hide off a passing dinosaur and called it good. We were a lot healthier then; of course we ate any fat people and no one got sick with cancer and diabetes. We didn't attempt to grow animal protein for human consumption, and, for the most part, stayed away from the snake infested apple tree festooned with iDevices of every kind.

post #74 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinthain View Post

This is going to massive. The human race will continue to eat meat, it's what they do as the tribal species that it is. The technology in the video is the only viable solution right now. It's going to prove massive in the next 20 years. Regardless what your views are, when the air turns to smog as a result of the massive increase in farming, most people will change their views and embrace the technical solution. Unless someone comes up with a better alternative. Vegetarianism will not work on a mass scale.

 

I'll bet if you couldn't use "massive" in a sentence, you couldn't say anything.... 

post #75 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhikl View Post

 

Friend, if we believe what the govt (I am not talking about politics,) the media, our teachers, doctors, parents, the odd loose lunatic on the street tells us in such matters as …> medicine, the food pyramid, climate warming, the scarcity of water, of energy, how wasteful raising animals are to the lands, and you or your wife uses a swiffer (sp?) mop to wash floors or use soap out of plastic bottles for laundry (maybe only because its about all one can find now a days) or that brushing and flossing will save all teeth, that we are the only sentient beings in this universe, that the speed of Einstein's light equation is the fastest anything travels, that the universe started from nothing or maybe from something supper scrunched, that people are too stupid to accept explanations of important big ideas that only wheel barrow heads can understand, or that the universe is expanding at an ever increasing rate on its way to a frozen hell of lord knows how many mathematical dimensions; then be comfortable,be happy and read no further; I may have been wasting my time in this reply, or someone might be a wee bit curious: You may just live in the box of our times and that is good and such has proven successful over the millennia our species has walked this good earth (though in times of stress and destruction it is the out of box thinkers that have saved our sorry bacon (and then the cycle reverts to the box sitters). Where ever ye stand, or sit; be happy.
 
< snip >
 
Namaste and care to all sentient beings across our ever-being, not expanding, conscious, interconnected universe
 

 

I want some of what you're smoking!!!

post #76 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowededwookie View Post

You can reduce the amount of antibiotics in the beef BY NOT USING IT.

Seems to work for every other nation. Here in New Zealand it is illegal to have any trace of antibiotics in the meat or milk. In fact dairy farmers here get fined $10,000 / gram of antibiotics found in milk.

It's really poor quality farming that requires so much antibiotics.

 

Do they check for melamine too??? 

post #77 of 127

A recent study has found that by eliminating oxygen-wasting nerds, 99% of the space that they previously occupied can be recovered.

post #78 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc999 View Post

When people say it about Apple, it's in regard to being disappointed in what they are launching, especially the way Wall Street reacts. The way people in these forums use it is straight-up irrational hatred. 

And it's so ridiculous, Steve Jobs himself would likely roll his eyes over in his grave. Here's To The Crazy Ones, remember? The spirit of innovation is the spirit of taking risks, of doing things that have a high probability of failure, or often of no economic benefit at all. It's why people climb mountains, or fly balloons around the world. The vitriol amongst this community has blinded people to the basic truths of the human condition, leaving them only the ability to react, and to not appreciate the achievements of others.

You can't be so loosely put together that you would post this stuff seriously, as if you were trying to contribute to a real discussion. Steve "would likely roll his eyes over in his grave"?

Maybe you're not a native English speaker. If you are not, I will take back what I'm about to say: your posts are a mess. You make no sense. You are either being paid to post something, anything, negative, or you need to lay off the meth.
Edited by Flaneur - 8/6/13 at 1:10am
post #79 of 127
Wow! I'm gobsmacked at how seriously misinformed a number of you people really are.

Do you realize that the vast majority of the "meat" you eat now is so far removed from animals as to be considered coming from a different species of animal altogether?

Unless you're slaughtering yourself or get it from a local farm where you KNOW that it hasn't been injected with steroids, antibiotics and assorted "juices"... in addition to being manipulated at packaging time to be "just a bit redder and looking fresher"... you are NOT eating meat at all!

Irony: kicking 12 baseball players out of the game for juicing while the fans juice themselves unfettered in the stands! 1oyvey.gif ... so as someone already wrote, have fun with your hotdogs!

Before being pegged as a Google Fan... nothing further from the truth. Look at my past post history! This isn't about Google you tech-blind illiterates.

PS. Again, because they really are good films: "Food Matters," "Hungry for Change," "Forks Over Knives," and "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" (props to the first that posted them).
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
post #80 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

Funny the responses to someone trying to help humanity. What has Apple or Tim Cook been working on that helps humanity?

FaceTime
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
Reply
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google's Brin funds $332K lab-grown beef hamburger, looks to make meat a sustainable resource