or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android on 80% of smartphones shipped in Q2, while Apple's iPhone took 13%

Android on 80% of smartphones shipped in Q2, while Apple's iPhone took 13% - Page 2

post #41 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by macslut View Post

If you're a developer or content provider, these numbers will impact decisions you might be making in regards to what platforms you're going to support.  This isn't to say supporting Android, with all its fragmentation is a better choice than iOS, but the market share of the platform (and its growth) is one criteria to consider.

Devs look to where they can make money. Right now that's iOS. In addition, iOS is on iPhones, iPads,iPod touches. Also usage share is important. Who uses the phone to download apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

Yeah, except Steve now sells only 13 eggs. Last year he did sell 30, and two years ago he sold 45. But not anymore. So, something must be wrong with Steve's eggs. Maybe, just maybe, Steve is too greedy and he's eggs are not worth the price he asks for them?

Wrong again. The market doesn't sell just 100 eggs every year. The market is growing faster and Apple is selling more eggs but at a rate less than the overall market. Sammy also began selling more of those plastic eggs and makes $.10 on those. The report records those as eggs even though they won't be used for eating.
post #42 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

This is really the old trick in the book whereby if someone sells more it meant they have won.

Hypothetical example Samy sells 100 eggs for 1$ each , Steve sells 30 eggs for 10$ each. Whose won the race ?

Sure Samy got it to 100 ppl while Steve only to 30 people.

Samy made 100$ , while Steve made 300$.
Hope this settles the question about whose winning the race. iOS (Apple) or Android( Samsung , HTC, Google, Sony and tons of smaller players that aren't popular)

2013Q2

Apple: 6.9 Billion

Samsung 6.98 Billion

post #43 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Weren't most Macs during that time period used in desktop publishing? Sure, Adobe/Quark got a little slow on the Mac updates but that didn't stop anyone in graphic arts from getting the work done. Windows won the desktop market share because of billions of office drones in their cubicles. That wasn't even a market Apple was addressing. Macs were much more expensive as well. Personally I'm using the about same number of apps now that I was back then with the exception of Internet related apps. I never felt any shortage of apps though. Windows just sucked but most Mac users didn't even know anything about Windows other than every file they received from a Windows user was pure garbage from a desktop publishing perspective.

If you were in desktop publishing, that is true. You most likely worked on a Mac.

For the rest of us however, if you didn't have Wordperfect, Lotus 1-2-3 in the business world, or Turbo-C, Turbo Pascal in the academic world then might as well not have a computer. Also today the world is much more cross-platform than back in the older days.You couldn't just export a wordperfect file onto a Mac and then edit it.

post #44 of 149
Quote:

It certainly looks like Android has already win "the game". I didn't expect that Windows-Mac history to repeat again. At least not as fast! And it looks like in 2-3 years Windows will catch iOS! Can Apple turn the ship around? I doubt. They've just lost so many oportunities. They were kings 2-3 years ago and now...

I do enjoy reading revisionist fiction like this which claims Macs once lead PCs in sales and then Windows eventually beat the Mac. The Mac has never outsold PCs, be they running MS-DOS or Windows.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #45 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

13% sounds about right. iPhone always was a luxury brand.

Absolutely. Keep in mind that when Steve said that Apple would get 1% (or 2% or whatever) of the phone market, everyone jeered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post

What most people don't realize with Windows vs Mac is that developers stopped developing for the latter back in the late 80's early 90's. That's what almost killed the entire company. Not necessarily the marketshare numbers.
Today you can not say that about the app store. A developer would be in the business of "going out of business" if he didn't develop for the app store. Even Google wouldn't think of abandoning iOS at the moment.

As for turning the ship around, where should Apple turn it? Away from profits?

Very well said.
Quote:

Yeah, except Steve now sells only 13 eggs. Last year he did sell 30, and two years ago he sold 45. But not anymore. So, something must be wrong with Steve's eggs. Maybe, just maybe, Steve is too greedy and he's eggs are not worth the price he asks for them?

Really? Please show where iPhone sales have been declining.

Oops. You're wrong.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #46 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I do enjoy reading revisionist fiction like this which claims Macs once lead PCs in sales and then Windows eventually beat the Mac. The Mac has never outsold PCs, be they running MS-DOS or Windows.

Well, I'm not an expert but I do know that there were once two great Operating Systems and one of them ended up with over 90% marketshare and the other... By the way, wasn't Mac OS invented before MSDos or Windows? Everybody says Steve Jobs practically invented the personal computer! How come doesn't everybody have a Mac then? Why aren't games on Macs? Everybody loves games! Just look what people use most on the AppStore! Games! How come Mac lost the games battle to Windows? Who's falt is that?
post #47 of 149

I'd like to know what qualifies as a "smartphone." Nokia led the mobile phone industry and Android-based mobile phones lead now. All that happened is the Android replaced Symbian (or whatever it was). If a simple phone qualifies as a smartphone if it has Android on it, then we're not comparing toy phones with smartphones. Apple only sells smartphones; a mobile phone with an OS capable of performing more than just managing a phone call. Without anything to support my comment, I would suggest 50% or more of those Android smartphones do very little other than make calls and text. They old phones had a simple web browser but unless a smartphone actually uses it, I can't see calling them a smartphone. Are there any non-smartphones even being manufacturered anymore or is everything a smartphone?

post #48 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Absolutely. Keep in mind that when Steve said that Apple would get 1% (or 2% or whatever) of the phone market, everyone jeered.
Very well said.

Oops. You're wrong.

If you want to pretend that you don't understand what I'm saying, then yeah, I'm wrong.
post #49 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

That didnt happen last year.  Hopefully we wont have a repeat of the mac. Apple need to avoid getting its phone and tablet market go to a niche, which will kill the ecosystem because apps are going to show up on Android first and maybe Apple after.

I don't think this is going to end like this.

Apple always had, and this grew even stronger over the past 10 years or so, a strong developer community, which was passionate about the platform. They developed and do develop for iOS and OS X because they love the platform and not because of its market share, they're enthusiasts.

Nowadays it would be pretty hard to find any big name software not present on the Mac, despite its market share. Many small indie developers develop fantastic software and actually manage to get great profits in this ecosystem, whereas they probably wouldn't amongst all the crapware in the Microsoft ecosystem. Mac users have also proven to be specifically looking for beautiful and functional software, while being very willing to actually put their money into it. This is very different to the other big market. As such, it can be more profitable to cater for a small ecosystem than for a big one.

Also, don't forget that all of this Android market share, where we all knew it was leading by large margins for quite a while now, at least supposedly, doesn't translate into usage share or developer revenue at all.

post #50 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

2013Q2

Samsung 6.98 Billion

Oh boy, your comparing samsung operating profits not net.

Plus your talking about Samsung that makes fridges, toaster etc.

Here you go read up a little :)

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/27/samsung-has-not-dethroned-apple-in-mobile-profits

post #51 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I don't think Tim Cook and company are worried by these numbers.

Apple has a lot of new product coming and that will push the needle back in their favor.

Normally when a new iPhone comes, sales double. This year with the possibility of 2 new iPhone models, I think we could easily see iPhone sales triple.

I expect the most robust increases will come from emerging markets with the affordable iPhone eating all the competition up.

Wasn't that supposed to happen with the iPad mini? Yet sales are down.
post #52 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by macslut View Post

IDC releases multiple sets of numbers.  One is platform market share and another is by hardware.  Both are relevant to different sets of people.  Taking a look at these numbers, we see that Android OS grew faster during the period than iOS for smartphones, and while still in the distance, Windows Phone also grew faster than iOS for smartphones.

If you're a developer or content provider, these numbers will impact decisions you might be making in regards to what platforms you're going to support.  This isn't to say supporting Android, with all its fragmentation is a better choice than iOS, but the market share of the platform (and its growth) is one criteria to consider.

If you're a consumer, knowing that this report shows stronger growth for Android and Windows Phone, is again one criteria worth considering in your purchasing decision.

As much as I love Apple, and the iPhone, the fact remains that this report is not good news for Apple.  That's not to say it's devastating news or that the numbers may change drastically the next time, but it is likely that developers, content providers and even consumers will react in accordance to them as well as the trends we see from this specific IDC type of report.

This is also why "shipping" versus "sales" isn't as relevant as many seem to think.  Regardless of how many were shipped and given away in 2 for 1 bundles or never even sold, the report still has an impact of some unknown degree on developers, content providers, consumers, and ultimately investors.

I disagree about such analyst numbers impacting any kind of content provider or developer decisions whatsoever. These people are not that stupid and actually know their own ecosystems, as well as competing ones extremely well and arguably much better than your random shareholder.

Therefore, what these kinds of people actually look at is revenue and usage share. And that's where Android has traditionally fallen flat and still does. It could have 99% market share, heck it has been at around 80% worldwide for over a year now and guess what: developers still make multiple times the amount of money on iOS and some content providers such as the BBC report triple the interaction through iOS devices than through Android devices.

People believe in what's real and not some arbitrary numbers pulled out of nowhere based on some questionable metric.

post #53 of 149
Quote:

Well, I'm not an expert but I do know that there were once two great Operating Systems and one of them ended up with over 90% marketshare and the other... By the way, wasn't Mac OS invented before MSDos or Windows? Everybody says Steve Jobs practically invented the personal computer! How come doesn't everybody have a Mac then? Why aren't games on Macs? Everybody loves games! Just look what people use most on the AppStore! Games! How come Mac lost the games battle to Windows? Who's falt is that?

Heard of the Apple I and II? That was the Beginning if the PC era. The Mac came out in 1984. DOS was already available and the Apple II was still chugging along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

Wasn't that supposed to happen with the iPad mini? Yet sales are down.

From yoy where Apple had a release of the iPad 3 last year and no new release this year? Shocked!
post #54 of 149
Quote:

Nelson, for matters of transparency, I HAVE to ask your age...
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.
post #55 of 149
I must say I'm really sick of all these concern trolls that show up whenever market share statistics are released. Business Insider is a perfect example. Right now they have a click bait worthy article up about how Tim Cook has to be seriously worried about these awful iPhone marketshare figures. Figures that cannot be verified because no one outside of Apple releases any sales figures. So we have this mythical market and everyone's mythical share of that market. Excuse me if I have a hard time believing Henry Blodget or Jay Yarrow are really concerned about iPhone market share. And how many of these smartphones are cheap devices for China and India where Apple will most likely never compete. Apple doesn't need huge marketshare to be successful. They need really good products that people with disposable income want to buy. And they have that right now.
post #56 of 149
Quote:

It certainly looks like Android has already win "the game". I didn't expect that Windows-Mac history to repeat again. At least not as fast! And it looks like in 2-3 years Windows will catch iOS! Can Apple turn the ship around? I doubt. They've just lost so many oportunities. They were kings 2-3 years ago and now...

And it will happen with tablets as well. Apple only plays with top end of any market where quality/profit rule. Apple doesn't play in the race to bottom of markets game.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

post #57 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

And it will happen with tablets as well. Apple only plays with top end of any market where quality/profit rule. Apple doesn't play in the race to bottom of markets game.

Then what's the supposedly iPhone 5C? Race to the middle?
post #58 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Very well said.

Oops. You're wrong.
People seem to forget the difference between growth and decline in the rate of growth. Apple is selling more iPhones but the growth rate has slowed. Of course that will pick up again when new iPhones come out. And if Apple needs to be worried then so does Samsung as LG, Sony and these cheap Chinsese brands could easily take share away from them. The idea that every smartphone customer out there is Apple's to win/lose is idiotic.
post #59 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post

If you were in desktop publishing, that is true. You most likely worked on a Mac.

For the rest of us however, if you didn't have Wordperfect, Lotus 1-2-3 in the business world, or Turbo-C, Turbo Pascal in the academic world then might as well not have a computer. Also today the world is much more cross-platform than back in the older days.You couldn't just export a wordperfect file onto a Mac and then edit it.

I totally agree and I always had a Windows PC in addition to the Mac. Around 1994 I got my first Ultra Sparc. My original reply was in response to the theory that developers stopped developing apps for Mac. The apps you mentioned with the exception WP were never on a Mac to start with, and even WP was not a DTP application even though the files were simple to import into Quark or PageMaker. Some developers like Corel dabbled in Mac titles for awhile but, as I recall, by in large, the only developers who abandoned the Mac were the ones offering titles that Mac users didn't want anyway. In the 80s and early 90s I didn't know anyone using a Mac who wasn't in the arts in some fashion and that just wasn't a big enough market for Apple to thrive in. Seriously I don't know how they survived but I'm glad they did.

Edited by mstone - 8/7/13 at 3:06pm

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #60 of 149

WHY Developers stay away from Android ??

Ill tell you why, because I am a developer myself.

Say I create an App and sell it for 1$ on Apple's App store, I actually make 70% of that money per individual buying my app.

And on Apple's eco system tons of them buy those apps.

I put the same thing on Google Play, what's gonna happen is your App gets purchased by the hacker community, that will then Publish your app for free on the internet and tons of other stores out there.

Or even worse have it rebranded and make it look like there's and re-sell it back on Google Play.

End of the day no one buys them. (Coz you can get a free version on the web)

The state the Android eco system is, hardware manufacture's are making very less margin on the actual hardware.

They actually then plan on making money over E-Services. Which again is all in ruins.

Samsung's trying to promote there S-Hub and the rest , like Amazon promote there stores.. That just gives the hacker community more options to pirate your Apps for free or a cheaper price !

What are developers doing today about it ?

Sure ill make my app and put it on Apple's store make the money, and then make a lesser quality version of the app (dont care if it's got a few bugs) and put it in Google Play with ADs in it. Yeah so the developers really only planning on taking home AD revenues from Android.

Sure there are more people out there to watch my AD's so ill end up making a little, but nothing even close to what I make on Apple's Store.

Now really Androids still winning the race ?? It's what I said earlier Apple's taking home all the mobile profits..

Edited by nikilok - 8/7/13 at 3:03pm
post #61 of 149
Quote:

Oh boy, your comparing samsung operating profits not net.

Plus your talking about Samsung that makes fridges, toaster etc.

Here you go read up a little :)

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/27/samsung-has-not-dethroned-apple-in-mobile-profits

You lose when you link to any DED articles. It is pointless.

Both companies made lots of money last quarter. 

post #62 of 149
Quote:

You lose when you link to any DED articles. It is pointless.

Both companies made lots of money last quarter. 

Read post #60 :)

post #63 of 149

Everyone seems to forget all the shipment and market share reports by ANALyst  are all Scientific Wild Ass Guesses. Remember in the Apple and Samsung court case when Samsung had to report their real sales? The numbers Samsung actually reported were substantially below what had been reported in the media up to that point. That is why I always considered all such media reports as pure SWAG, nothing more.

post #64 of 149
Quote:

Read post #60 :)

read post #61 

post #65 of 149
Quote:

This is really the old trick in the book whereby if someone sells more it meant they have won.

You're making 'who is making the most money' rather than adoption rate the 'winning criteria.

I couldn't care less about Apple making money. I'm a Apple user, not a shareholder. But I do care about the installed user-base. Large share = best support in terms of apps, peripherals, website support, adoption of iOS standards.
post #66 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevt View Post

You're making 'who is making the most money' rather than adoption rate the 'winning criteria.

I couldn't care less about Apple making money. I'm a Apple user, not a shareholder. But I do care about the installed user-base. Large share = best support in terms of apps, peripherals, website support, adoption of iOS standards.

Wrong, More doesn't mean better support or Quality.

Read post #60

Edit : To summarise Post #60, Since Apple's eco system grants more money to its developers community, the Eco-system benefits with a lot higher quality content in form of Apps, and more.

post #67 of 149
Quote:

Then what's the supposedly iPhone 5C? Race to the middle?

Since there is no iPhone 5c yet, it is kind of hard to respond. Waste of time responding to would be, should be, wanna be.and gonna be products.

post #68 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Comparing the sales of a free OS, installed on thousands of different devices, made by dozens of companies, to a sales of an actual PHONE, that one company sells, and updates once a year. Brilliant comparison!

According to Pogue in NYT yesterday, there are 3,997 -- yep, we can round it up to 4,000 -- android models of phones!

Laughable.
post #69 of 149
Quote:

Since there is no iPhone 5c yet, it is kind of hard to respond. Waste of time responding to would be, should be, wanna be.and gonna be products.

Yet they're talked about all the time on here.
post #70 of 149
Quote:

2013Q2

Samsung 6.98 Billion

What is the point you're trying to make? If it's that Samsung makes a larger profit from smartphones, it's a flatly discredited piece of data.

Truth can set you free, if you're willing to seek it out.
post #71 of 149
Quote:

Quote:

You really really can't be that dense, and not know that this is a rumor site, right?
post #72 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevt View Post

Android has had a dominating market share for a while now. Still most Devs develop for iOS first. As I said before, iOS is on iPads and iPod touches as well.

What kind of peripherals can you get with Android that you can't get with iPhone or iOS?
post #73 of 149
The massively important keyword here is Shipped. SHIPPED. Not sold.

First, the reason Apple is so far ahead in profits is because their 31 million phones in the chart represent mostly SOLD numbers, while the 187 million Android "smartphones" (some low-end Android handsets barely break out of the 'feature phone' category but remain named as 'smartphones') are still sitting on shelves in very large numbers, or ship at price points bringing little to no profit.

Cheap 'throw away', budget "smartphones" frankly don't really boost the Android 'brand' in any way, nor do they really compete with the iPhone. It isn't about people saying, "should I buy an iPhone, or this $49 generic Android handset%u2026 hmmm%u2026 let me think".

Most people buying the cheap handsets were not potential customers of current iPhones to begin with. Those cheaper handsets earn little to no profit for anyone, except the carriers who get revenue from services%u2026

Still, it's clear that even if we could scry only the sold numbers of "smartphones" (in particular those that actually compete with iPhone, meaning, someone chose a handset INSTEAD of iPhone), we would still likely have more Android handsets sold than iPhone handsets.

In part due to overall accessibility (Android handsets are sold and functioning on pretty much ALL carriers now around the world, while iPhone is still limited to Apple's 'carrier partners', and still not in every country yet. This is partly to the unique support requirements of iPhone technologies like 'Visual Voicemail', but also Apple's terms - e.g. no junk apps, etc.).

And of course price. In some places there is greater sensitivity to price. Not everyone can afford an iPhone (not just the purchase price, but the cost of ongoing mobile service), even in the markets where iPhone is pretty strong.

So while I don't disagree that Android is the dominant mobile OS of the moment, I strongly disagree that this is in any way 'bad news' for Apple. The key number to see is that they increased their overall sales by 20% year on year. ANd accomplished that as a single OS/Single Phone vendor vs the rest of the world.

Looked at that way it's clear they are doing just fine...
post #74 of 149
Quote:

Macs had 0% market share at the start of 1984, while PCs were already close to 30% of the market (which at the time included players like Atari and Commodore and even the Apple //). The Mac eventually peak at 10-13% of the market in 1991-1993 with the ascent of desktop publishing, but the PC was already hitting 90%. Yes, after the release of Windows 95, the Mac began to lose market share because under Sculley, Apple had grown bureaucratic and stale, and the product line got unfocused and complicated with dozens of models. But the Mac wasn't declining from some sort of commanding lead: they were declining from a minority 2nd place.

Nor was iOS ever on 100% (or even some majority) of the smartphones in the market, and its been downhill ever since. Um, no. iOS started with zero percent market share and clawed its way UP to the current minority position it has on smartphones. Worldwide, Apple is not today, nor ever has been, on the majority of mobile handsets.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #75 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post

I disagree about such analyst numbers impacting any kind of content provider or developer decisions whatsoever. These people are not that stupid and actually know their own ecosystems, as well as competing ones extremely well and arguably much better than your random shareholder.

Therefore, what these kinds of people actually look at is revenue and usage share. And that's where Android has traditionally fallen flat and still does. It could have 99% market share, heck it has been at around 80% worldwide for over a year now and guess what: developers still make multiple times the amount of money on iOS and some content providers such as the BBC report triple the interaction through iOS devices than through Android devices.

I've been working as a content provider or developer since 1995.  In every company I've worked at, these numbers, specifically from IDC or similar reporting companies, have always come up and been used in debates based on what platforms we should support, be it computers, phones, cable systems, networks, etc...

Currently, I'm in a content provider position making decisions on what platforms to support for a Fortune 100 company, although we also develop some apps, the majority of my job is focused on content right now.

As such, I do look at our own internal numbers.  Yes, Android is down far below iOS in consumption of our content, but growing.  Likewise Windows Phone is even further down below iOS and too small to show significant growth or decline yet.  However, when those I work with see reports like this from IDC (and others), the inevitable question becomes, "How do we know we wouldn't see higher numbers internally for Android if we shifted focus to what these companies are telling us is a much larger market?"

If you read my comment again, you'll see I emphasized that reports like these are one criteria that is used.

Take a closer look at the BBC... why do you think they've recently built up their team of Android developers to triple the number of iOS developers?  Fragmentation is one obvious answer as to why they need to have so many developers to match feature parity of iOS, but in terms of incentive for the investment of resources, the answer is because they believe they can change the ratio of Android to iOS BBC users based on reports like those from the IDC.

Quote:
People believe in what's real and not some arbitrary numbers pulled out of nowhere based on some questionable metric.

Well, why don't you just say the IDC has poopy pants?  I can't argue against something so irrational.  I can only point out the history of IDC's reports and the accuracy based on comparisons to reports by others as well as when verified by companies in the reports themselves.

If you have some facts to point out the invalidity of IDC reports, by all means present them and what you believe the true numbers to be.

post #76 of 149
Quote:

That was a poor supposition supported by a false narrative.

And it isn't 13 vs 30, it's 13 vs 16, for a quarter. Come back at the end of January, when we're comparing the next (typically robust) quarter for Apple. I'm betting the numbers will be flipped somewhat… rather like last year and the year before that, and so on.

Apple is ONE company. No single company's product line can be expected to sustain dominant share in a market growing this fast. Especially, not Apple. They maintain product focus AND quality. That's why I buy their products. If they started spewing out dozens of models across the spectrum in price and quality, and nothing done truly well, I'd look elsewhere, since then they'd be putting out disposable crap just like everyone else's products.

Mediocrity instead of high quality? No thanks?

And by the way? Apple is still getting started here. They've only been in the mobile device (phones, tablets) business for a few years. They were going to be happy to capture a couple of % of the global share of phones. Instead, they rocketed to double digits. WHen new models release, they can barely keep up with demand even at this so-called "losing pace". I guess there's nothing wrong with their 'greedy pricing', really...

post #77 of 149
Quote:

Agree. Some people like showing us how smart they think they are, some think they can influence things with comments or suggestions, some people need to  get a life, there are numerous reasons. Nobody is wrong but not everybody can be right either.

post #78 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What is the point you're trying to make? If it's that Samsung makes a larger profit from smartphones, it's a flatly discredited piece of data.

Truth can set you free, if you're willing to seek it out.

Money is money. The more ways you can find to make it the better.
post #79 of 149
Quote:

Agree. Some people like showing us how smart they think they are, some think they can influence things with comments or suggestions, some people need to  get a life, there are numerous reasons. Nobody is wrong but not everybody can be right either.

Or you can adopt Sqiudward's philosophy 'Everyone's an idiot except for me' lol.gif
post #80 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You really really can't be that dense, and not know that this is a rumor site, right?

I'm not, it's Realistic that's not being realistic.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Android on 80% of smartphones shipped in Q2, while Apple's iPhone took 13%
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Android on 80% of smartphones shipped in Q2, while Apple's iPhone took 13%