or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Citing 'increasingly hostile' competition, Needham cuts Apple Inc. price target to $595

Citing 'increasingly hostile' competition, Needham cuts Apple Inc. price target to $595 - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

"Cuts his price target", like there's something deeply troubling in the fundamentals...

"From $710 to $595". A 20% cut in the "target price". *gasp*

TO $595?? But. That's STILL $125 over the current stock price!! More than a 25% gain on value if correct. That's%u2026 a bad thing?

This reminds me of when analysts overestimate Apple's sales expectations, then help to tank the stock when it falls short of their overblown estimates (even though actual sales still set all-time highs and break records).

In this case, they set the "target price" of the stock unrealistically high, then 'set off alarms' when they drop 20% off the (overpriced) target. Never mind that the price target is still 25% above current pricing (which in any other scenario is considered a pretty strong buy?).

I call a FUD ALERT!!!!

Maybe he meant aftre a 2: 1 stock split? 1biggrin.gif
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
post #42 of 42

Wow! Huge jump for AAPL today (so far). $487 as of this moment. This is up over $30 since yesterday....

And apparently, here's the reason why:  https://twitter.com/Carl_C_Icahn/status/367350206993399808

And his foloow-up tweet:  "Had a nice conversation with Tim Cook today. Discussed my opinion that a larger buyback should be done now. We plan to speak again shortly."

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Citing 'increasingly hostile' competition, Needham cuts Apple Inc. price target to $595